Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree about the names since I couldn't imagine if they switch the name since the names def fit their personalities..

Beside, rewatch the episode def great idea...

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-03-2011, 03:58 PM
Supreme Fan

I became a fan of the show because I actually read the pilot script first. It was in the wrong section of scripts (it was under comedy instead of drama), but I read it and I was so glad to see characters with disabilities portrayed accurately. Or at least it seemed that way to me. So then I googled the name of the show and found out that - surprise! - it had been picked up to series! That's how I started watching it and I LOVE it! I especially love Bay/Emmett, Daphne and Marlee Matlin's character Melody.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info Tina

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 09-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Old 09-13-2011, 04:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

wow, that video is amazing! Great mix of all the characters and various relationships.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not that fond of the triangle either. I usually don't like them on the whole because of the kind of drama they usually bring and this one is going to probably result in some damage to alot of potential relationships if things get taken too far. just think - we don't even know which other characters could side where on this mess.

As for the name switch - I feel like their names fit them. I don't know why, but the reverse just feels odd to me and I have a hard time picturing it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let's do a re-watch! Do you want to do it in this thread, or start a new thread for it?
Old 10-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Let's do a re-watch! Do you want to do it in this thread, or start a new thread for it?
Oh ive been waiting to do a rewatch with everybody! Personally I think we should start a rewatch/episode thread. I dont wanna miss out because I didnt realize it was going on. I think a thread with it in the title will let everybody know and we will have a bigger rewatch crowd. Just my opinion
Old 10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great! Thanks. I'll go ahead and start it.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cant wait!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Obsessed Fan

Did anyone hear about the true story of 2 girls in Russia who found out they were switched at birth?

“Switched At Birth” -– For Two Girls, It’s Not Just a TV Show
Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't know that, thanks for posting it, Jess!
Interesting to see that it happened in real life. Feelings and reactions of the families were probably somewhat in-sync with the TV show's.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. Yeah, I was familiar with the popular story in the states of the two girls Switched at Birth ... the Twiggs and Kimberly Mayes. It happened in my birth year too. They made a movie out of that one titled just like this show: Switched At Birth.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Heather: Interesting. I didn't know that... I guess there is a lot of cases out there!

According to IMDb:

Quote:
Episode titles are named after art pieces.
Quote:
The three main deaf characters - Daphne, Emmett, and Melody - are all played by actors who are deaf or hard of hearing in real life.
It's really interesting to go that route with the art pieces -- goes well with Bay, Regina, and Emmett.

And just because I am a bit of an artist... thought I'd search for more information via titles.

In order of episodes:

Michel Foucault. This is Not a Pipe (1968)

Basically saying you appear to be a pipe (something), but you actually aren't. (Bay thinking she was a Kennish, but by blood she isn't).

Grant Wood. American Gothic (1930)

What are your thoughts on how this painting is related to the episode?

George Bellows. Portrait of My Father (Unknown)

Jacques Joseph Tissot. Dance Amongst Daggers (1881)

Click here for the picture. Rear nudity.

C. M. Coolidge. Dogs Playing Poker (1903)

I think we know what scenes came from this painting.

Salvador Dali. The Persistence of Memory (1931)

Quoting this website on what this picture could possibly mean -- relating it to the episode.

1. It possibly derives its meaning from Sigmund Freud's work on psychoanalysis because Dali painted it during his psychoanalytical era of painting.
2. The persistence of memory meaning theme: the drooping pocketwatches possibly suggest the irrelevance of time during sleep. In other words, when we are asleep, or not conscious, the time does not persist, but memories do.
3. Yet another interpretation of this painting may, through the use of symbolism, suggest Einstein's theory that time is relative and is not fixed.

What are your thoughts?

Charles Towne. The Stag Hunt

There are quite a few paintings in this name, so this may not be the right one. Any thoughts?

Pandora's Box

Multiple paintings of this one. Definition of the title: A box that Zeus gave to Pandora with instructions that she not open it; she gave in to her curiosity and opened it; all the miseries and evils flew out to afflict mankind.

My thoughts about this, is that it definitely interviews with Regina's guitar case when Daphne opens it, and finds the vast amount of Bay's pictures. Thus, everyone finding out and "afflicting mankind."

Paradise Lost

Does anyone have any information on this? How does this relate to the episode?

The Homecoming

I'm going with a hunch with this one and go with Norman Rockwell's painting...

----

I look forward to the episodes we'll have in January. I wonder what the titles will be, any guesses?
Old 10-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

That's really interesting that they're all named after art pieces; I never knew that. Thanks for looking up all the pictures.