Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2013, 07:59 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
They either dropped that or they're bringing Max back to play another Noah arc.
Yeah, when 2a ended, I thought they would either pick up where they left off with the Noah arc which would have been awkward. Or Daphne would get involved with someone else (because she saw Noah as a friend and was in denial about the kiss) only for that relationship to end with Noah returning at the end of the season. Bay would be over the kiss and Daphne would see the relationship in a different light. I did not think they would drop it completely. I could see dropping it if the actor was not available but I don't think that is the case. What was the point of the Noah arc? They could have used Noah to create tension with Bay without the kiss that went on too long to be a rehearsal kiss. Noah liking Daphne would have been enough to flip Bay out.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

As I am thinking about Daphne's character, I am glad they have her exploring her limits and boundaries. She has always seemed "too good" to be true, and yet, oddly enough, the writers have always let us know she is NOT perfect. Now, maybe, she can really flesh out who she is. I don't want her to be this picture perfect daughter and friend. That's boring and unrealistic. And I certainly don't want her to be duplicitous (the way she appeared when she told Bay she wasn't giving up on Emmett).

Katie Leclerc is an excellent actor. I am excited about what she might do with her character in Season 3.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
As I am thinking about Daphne's character, I am glad they have her exploring her limits and boundaries. She has always seemed "too good" to be true, and yet, oddly enough, the writers have always let us know she is NOT perfect. Now, maybe, she can really flesh out who she is. I don't want her to be this picture perfect daughter and friend. That's boring and unrealistic. And I certainly don't want her to be duplicitous (the way she appeared when she told Bay she wasn't giving up on Emmett).

Katie Leclerc is an excellent actor. I am excited about what she might do with her character in Season 3.
I agree with this, Amy. The bottom line, you should never make a character too one-note. A bad character with no redeemable traits isn't interesting to watch, while on the same token, a good character with no flaws is also not interesting to watch. One-note characters are boring.

I think this story will end up giving Daphne some good development and really let her explore who she is and what she wants and is willing to sacrifice to get it or what she's not willing to sacrifice. Daphne is going to continue to be challenge throughout her life, as we all are. If this experience allows her to make wiser choices later on down the road while not giving up her integrity, then it will have been a good arc for her.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I agree with this, Amy. The bottom line, you should never make a character too one-note. A bad character with no redeemable traits isn't interesting to watch, while on the same token, a good character with no flaws is also not interesting to watch. One-note characters are boring.

I think this story will end up giving Daphne some good development and really let her explore who she is and what she wants and is willing to sacrifice to get it or what she's not willing to sacrifice. Daphne is going to continue to be challenge throughout her life, as we all are. If this experience allows her to make wiser choices later on down the road while not giving up her integrity, then it will have been a good arc for her.
I know that Daphne has met Emmett for lunch twice, but I miss them hanging out together more.

I wish they still hung out at each other's houses.

I guess that went by the wayside when Emmett was with Bay. But I want it back now that they aren't together.

I want to see Daphne & Emmett hang out like they used to in the first few episodes of Season 1.

Do you think we might see that at Carlton next year? I really hope so!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

I did feel bad for Daphne freaking out, but I totally laughed out loud when she told Nikki Coto would take her out like a Cuban missile. I don't know why, but it like a lot of the other lines last night were gold. It's something you would expect a paranoid teenager to say and Nikki's just like "Huh?"
Old 08-13-2013, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That comment was funny.

I actually liked Daphne bonding with Nikki. And it was sweet of her to reassure Nikki she was getting a new family and a new sister.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
That comment was funny.

I actually liked Daphne bonding with Nikki. And it was sweet of her to reassure Nikki she was getting a new family and a new sister.
Me, too! Me, too! I love seeing the two sisters bond. I thought what Nikki said to Daphne was really, really sweet. I hope Nikki doesn't get into trouble for helping Daphne break in at Coto's office. That's all Nikki needs, to be carted away by the police moments before or after her wedding.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed seeing the two of them bonding, too. And I also liked Daphne's excitement at wanting to spend time with Bay! Cute! It was very sweet how she seem bothered by the fact that they hadn't spent time together all summer.

We've come a long way from "I don't know what she is to me. I don't even know if I like her."
Old 08-23-2013, 04:19 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I enjoyed seeing the two of them bonding, too. And I also liked Daphne's excitement at wanting to spend time with Bay! Cute! It was very sweet how she seem bothered by the fact that they hadn't spent time together all summer.

We've come a long way from "I don't know what she is to me. I don't even know if I like her."
Yes! They did have some nice moments in the Season 2 Finale, too! I loved when Bay was reassuring Daphne that John would not stay angry forever. It was a really sweet and tender moment.

I also liked how Daphne came to ask Bay for help, when J & K were about to blow up Toby's wedding plans.

They ended the season on a good note for sure! I hope Noah's possible return does not mess things up for them in Season 3.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Yes! They did have some nice moments in the Season 2 Finale, too! I loved when Bay was reassuring Daphne that John would not stay angry forever. It was a really sweet and tender moment.

I also liked how Daphne came to ask Bay for help, when J & K were about to blow up Toby's wedding plans.

They ended the season on a good note for sure! I hope Noah's possible return does not mess things up for them in Season 3.
I liked that moment a lot Amy! It felt like a real sisterly moment. A very "I've done way worse and it all worked out" scene. Instead of using it against Daphne, Bay leveled it out and was honest and said she's done stupid stuff as well.

Daphne coming to Bay for help was also nice.

Well, like I said on the Bay/Daphne thread, these two never have a relationship where they always get along, therefore, I suspect something will cause strife. But hopefully they'll get over it.

It has changed in that they get mad, but it's becoming harder to stay mad and ignore each other. In 2x11, Daphne seemed hurt that Bay was giving her the cold shoulder. 1A Daphne or even 1B Daphne wouldn't have cared as much. It's definitely a testament to how things have changed.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I liked that moment a lot Amy! It felt like a real sisterly moment. A very "I've done way worse and it all worked out" scene. Instead of using it against Daphne, Bay leveled it out and was honest and said she's done stupid stuff as well.

Daphne coming to Bay for help was also nice.

Well, like I said on the Bay/Daphne thread, these two never have a relationship where they always get along, therefore, I suspect something will cause strife. But hopefully they'll get over it.

It has changed in that they get mad, but it's becoming harder to stay mad and ignore each other. In 2x11, Daphne seemed hurt that Bay was giving her the cold shoulder. 1A Daphne or even 1B Daphne wouldn't have cared as much. It's definitely a testament to how things have changed.
What do you think Daphne will be doing during her senior year? Do you think she will need to do community service, or something worse?

If she does community service, I will lay odds that she meets a man that way. (If she is in juvie, hopefully, not so much!)
Old 08-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Well, since I really can't see them giving her juvie or jail time at all, I could see community service and probation.

I guess they could always do a time jump and have Daphne coming off of house arrest and then her struggles would be readjusting to school.

If it's community service along with probation, I could see Daphne meeting a guy through there too. Although not sure that is good for her now.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well, since I really can't see them giving her juvie or jail time at all, I could see community service and probation.

I guess they could always do a time jump and have Daphne coming off of house arrest and then her struggles would be readjusting to school.

If it's community service along with probation, I could see Daphne meeting a guy through there too. Although not sure that is good for her now.
I wonder if the judge would put her in a position to aid the hearing population's transition to Carlton. That would be an interesting community service assignment for Daphne.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Oh now that would be interesting.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Katie's guest starring in an episode of "Community" this fall. She's playing a character who is teaching ASL.

Good for her!