Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Although I like the conflict, I hope the writers allow Daphne to redeem herself a little bit soon. I need some reminders that ultimately she is a good person and has a strong moral center.
Yes I agree.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I kind of want them to retreat on some of the bad drama they've attached to her as of late.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Me, too.

Daphne's not a bad person. I don't think anyone on here is actually a bad person. Just like in life, we have layers and shades. It doesn't mean every layer is pretty though.

She has made some questionable choices/decisions, but she's still very much a good person.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Me, too.

Daphne's not a bad person. I don't think anyone on here is actually a bad person. Just like in life, we have layers and shades. It doesn't mean every layer is pretty though.

She has made some questionable choices/decisions, but she's still very much a good person.
I am looking forward to Daphne making some good decisions. I loved the episode where she gave Bay the motorcycle helmet and let her have that last ride on Emmett's old bike. That was truly a kind gesture on her part.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:13 PM
Elite Fan

That was very nice indeed.

I hope we start to get more of how Daphne feels about Bay because right now, it's kind of murky. Is she her friend? A distant relative? An acquaintance?

I kind of want to see Daphne a bit jealous of a female in Bay's life taking over the 'sisterly' role and see how Daphne would react.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I wouldn't mind that either.

They should open something up where the relationship is put to some tests so the girls can really navigate and find their place in each other's life, and for us to get a clearer picture of the other one coming to terms with it as well.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

I think since they have played on Bay not feeling 'wanted' by Daphne they should play on Daphne not feeling 'wanted' by Bay. It's why I'd like to probably see Daph a little jealous of a female figure in Bay's life.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I saw her on a another abc family show recently.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Katie? Are you sure?

I don't think she's been on any other ABCFamily shows, unless it was a movie that played on ABCFam.

Vanessa was on Gilmore Girls and that airs in repeats on ABCFam, though it was originally a WB show.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, maybe she just had a small guest stint?!! It's possible, since she's on contract with abcfamily. But probably a minor role that's not recurring or something.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

I am wondering what this summer will hold for Daphne and next school year, too.

The girls are entering their last year of high school. That's a poignant time in life for sure. So many changes to look forward to experiencing, and Daphne has already experienced so many changes in the last few years.

I find myself wondering if she will want to stay close to Regina and the Kennish family when she goes to college, or if she will want to go far away.

When I went to college out of state during my freshman year, I remember getting homesick. I wonder if Daphne would feel homesick or if she would embrace the adventure. I wonder if she would ever feel a need to stay close to Bay?
Old 06-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

I do too.

I really wish they would state for sure that they are going to be seniors. I could see them pulling a retcon and making them juniors to expand the high school experience, but seeing as they were 15 turning 16 in season 1, I don't know many freshman who turn 16.

I always assumed they were sophomores in season 1 and juniors this past season.

It would be interesting if Daphne and Bay ended up at the same school. Technically they could. Daphne would be looking at culinary arts most likely, and there's I believe the art institute that has culinary as well as design arts.

I'm a bit nervous for what will happen when/if we get a season 3 and they are back at school.

I hope it doesn't become hearing vs deaf: round 2.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

So we don't really know what grade they're in?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu-144 (View Post)
So we don't really know what grade they're in?
Oh, they definitely should be seniors this fall, but that doesn't mean that the show won't try to re-write history.

When the show premiered on June 6, 2011, Bay was in biology class in high school. It was nearing the end of the school year, and she was questioning her blood test results. The words "six weeks later" were flashed across the screen, and you see Bay and her parents finding out the truth (and eventually meeting Daphne and Regina, who move into the Kennish family guest house during the summer of 2011). During this summer, we learn that Emmett is already 16, because Regina says that's as old as you need to be to drive a motorcycle, when Kathryn questions if Emmett is old enough.

A few months later, the girls turn 16 and receive cars for their birthday in October 2011. That would be their sophomore year of school. And the age matches Daphne's birth certificate (well, actually, Bay's birth certificate), which says that she was born October 22, 1995.

A year later, in September 2012, the girls start their junior year of high school (still at different schools). Bay joins Carlton in the middle of the school year (January 2013), and she and Daphne are still juniors.

Now, at the time Bay joins Carlton, Melody is very concerned about introducing Travis to a recruiter for Gallaudet (and we know that Travis has just turned 18).

So I am thinking that Travis is a senior, while Daphne, Bay & Emmett are juniors (which is why Melody is not as concerned about introducing Emmett to a recruiter yet).

Emmett is a few months older than most juniors. His birthday is in March, so he is almost as old as Travis (just shy by a month). But a lot of parents start their children (especially sons) in school a little later. I know several families at my daughter's former preschool, who all started their sons in kindergarten at the age of 6. My daughter started kindergarten when she had just barely turned 5.

It will be interesting to see if Daphne, Bay, and Emmett repeat their junior year, or if the writers allow them to be seniors this fall. And it will also be interesting to see what the writers do with Travis. He was so incredibly upset about Carlton becoming 50% hearing, that I am thinking they are going to have him return to Carlton again. Why would he have cared so much, if he was not going to return the next fall?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Loyal Fan

If the show began during the end of freshman year (June 2011), and the girls are still in school during "American Gothic," did the show time jump two months between two of the earlier episodes?

I'm pretty sure Travis is going into his senior year, too. We know he's been held back, and students usually begin looking at colleges during their junior year.

Last edited by MagnoliaFairy; 06-08-2013 at 08:48 AM