Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2015, 06:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
So does everyone believe Mingo will be back next season?
That's an interesting idea (since the main focus is on Bay-Emmett-Travis triangle). I feel like they could bring him back since he'll still be in college, but I'm not sure if they make him Daphne's "the one". She never appeared to be really invested in this relationship, it was always more like a sexual/physical attraction thing.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope he'll be back.. I liked him very much.. it was nice to discover that he just wasn't that college playboy.. :nod.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee&tv (View Post)
That's an interesting idea (since the main focus is on Bay-Emmett-Travis triangle). I feel like they could bring him back since he'll still be in college, but I'm not sure if they make him Daphne's "the one". She never appeared to be really invested in this relationship, it was always more like a sexual/physical attraction thing.
Kathryn's comment to John about how he would be surprised to know how many of her lifelong friends married their college sweethearts makes me think that the writers might intend for Mingo to be The One for Daphne. (I wonder if that means Skye is also The One for Emmett.)

I believe that the writers would like to bring back Wilke for Daphne, if they could. But I am guessing that he is unavailable to them.

The fact that Mingo was a sexual/physical attraction thing for Daphne makes it more likely to me that he will be The One for Daphne.

More than any writers I have ever encountered, the writers of Switched at Birth, LOVE to reverse things on viewers. Lizzy Weiss tweets about her reversals every time a new episode airs. Lately, if someone begins as so-and-so's soulmate, then he or she will end as nothing, and vice versa.

Do you believe there still IS a triangle involving Emmett? His goodbye seemed final to me. I'm not saying that he is off the show. Who knows? I just don't think he is part of a Bay triangle any longer. I'd see Garrett-Travis-Bay as the more likely triangle. Or maybe a new guy will fight Travis for Bay's affection?

I would love to see a Mingo-Josh-Daphne triangle. I really, really would. Mingo and Josh could become a romantic couple with real depth.

Mingo and Daphne could become a romantic couple with real depth, too, but Daphne has to grow up some more. I feel like Mingo is there and ready for that sort of a relationship, and Daphne seemed far from ready, to me.

I want to see Daphne become ready for something serious with Mingo. I really do.

Why does everyone believe that the writers have not allowed either Daphne or Bay to make a serious commitment to relationship with another person? Well, other than their serious commitment to their "switchsterhood" with each other. That's rock solid and seemingly unshakable.

It still makes me sad how both Bay and Daphne put each other before Emmett now. He used to be Daphne's best friend and Bay's boyfriend. Now, Emmett is superfluous to both of them.
Old 12-13-2015, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope these two make it in long run
Old 12-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Mingo actually kind of grew on me. At first he struck me as someone who was just some typical party boy who wanted to get laid, then he was this considerate guy who really was into Daphne and took some ASL tutoring to be able to talk to Daphne more easily, he even wanted to help Josh out, so he seems to be an all around great guy. However I do wonder if Daphne's contact with Quinn may have put a possible future with Mingo at risk?
Old 12-16-2015, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would really be a waste not to bring him back..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
It would really be a waste not to bring him back..
I know.. I dont want them to do that.
Old 12-20-2015, 05:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Personally for me, I'm not so sure Daphne deserves a good guy like Mingo.
Old 12-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailpolishchick2 (View Post)
Personally for me, I'm not so sure Daphne deserves a good guy like Mingo.
Daphne certainly treated Mingo cavalierly. That's how Bay treated Emmett in their second relationship, too, though.

Mingo is definitely better than Liam, Chef Jeff, Travis, Noah, Jace, or Campbell. I liked Jorge, but Daphne didn't have romantic feelings for him.

I still like Wilke better Mingo. Wouldn't it be fun to find out that Mingo and Wilke were old friends growing up? I could see that, considering Mingo's father is a financial adviser to the rich and famous.

But honestly, anymore, I feel like Emmett is best of all for Daphne.

She has never seriously dated anyone who is Deaf, and neither has Emmett. Daphne & Emmett's bond goes so deep.

I want the show to inspire a belief in true love again.

A romantic relationship between Daphne & Emmett could do so much more for true love than anything Daphne & Mingo could ever accomplish.

But Mingo is cute and sweet, in the meantime.
Old 02-21-2016, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

If we see Mingo again, what would you hope for his character?
Old 02-23-2016, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
If we see Mingo again, what would you hope for his character?
That we can see more of his familly coming up
Old 02-28-2016, 03:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
That we can see more of his familly coming up
They were interesting, and it would be fun to watch John and Kathryn uncomfortably trying to mend fences with them again.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

They were interesting, and it would be fun to watch John and Kathryn uncomfortably trying to mend fences with them again.
I could see that
Old 06-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

We know Mingo is back on the show in Season 5. What does everyone think will be happening with Mingo's relationship with Daphne?

Do you all think they will slip right back into a romance, when she returns from her 10 months in China?

Or will it be difficult for Mingo to muster romantic feelings for Daphne, after such a long separation?
Old 06-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have a feeling he is going to be seeing someone else .