Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I didn't like Simone one bit
*More detailed thoughts might follow in the morning, it's 1.21 AM here
Old 07-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brienna (View Post)
See, I didn't like Simone one bit
*More detailed thoughts might follow in the morning, it's 1.21 AM here
Oh, cool! I love discussions about the characters.

I do remember thinking how evil Simone was, especially when she did things like agree to take care of the check (bill), and then skip out on it at that bar with Daphne and her friends.

And I certainly didn't like the story that Bay told Daphne about their friendship in eighth grade. For Simone to make a video mocking a girl who had difficult fitting in, and then, to share that video with the whole school (and beyond) is incredibly heartless and cruel.

Simone definitely had a missing sensitivity chip, to use Jennifer Aniston's term when she described Brad Pitt. But I got the feeling that Simone had been that way to others, because people (possibly her family) had been that way to her. At the very least, I believe she was emotionally neglected by her parents. I remember having a friend like Simone in elementary school, and her family's housekeeper was raising her. Her father was a busy lawyer and never home, and her mother was an alcoholic who never left her bed. My friend could be so mean to others, but she had hardened herself, even in the fourth grade.

I do believe Simone's feelings for Toby were 100% sincere. I believe she saw something in him (raw talent, a good person, good looks, a good family), and I also believe she loved the way his mind worked. She liked Toby for Toby. They clicked.

To me, that's why it's so sad that Simone made the mistake that she did, and with Bay's boyfriend of all people. But I think Simone felt competitive with Bay, and I think Simone wanted what Bay had, which is integrity. But Simone did not know how to get that for herself, so she did the next best thing in her mind and slept with Bay's boyfriend.

I don't believe Simone would have had sex with Emmett if she had not been drunk that night, but she was hurting from Toby's rejection and Emmett was right there at the ice machine, looking sexy and hurting, too. In her drunk state of mind, she probably didn't mind taking what belonged to Bay. She may have even reveled in it a bit, as long as she was drunk. But I don't believe she thought it was a good idea when she was sober.

It's really sad. Both Simone and Emmett shot themselves in the foot and neither one of them ever really healed their broken relationships with the Kennish duo. And I do believe both Toby and Bay meant a lot to Emmett and Simone.

To me, Simone had the potential for so much more soul searching and growth than Daphne. Simone isn't blind to herself the way that Daphne is. If I was Bay or Emmett, I'd much rather have someone like Simone as a friend than someone like Daphne.

I believe Simone grew from her experiences, after the fiasco with Emmett. The students at Buckner turned against her. She lost her connection to Toby, Daphne, Bay, and even Wilke.

If Simone is going to use someone now, she is going to be honest with herself about it and do it for a reason. It won't happen without a plan. And I doubt that Simone is eager for it to happen at all anymore.

If Daphne is going to use someone, she won't even realize she is doing it, until long after its done. Daphne will take from and use people whenever she might have any little need, and that's often. Daphne uses others as if there's no tomorrow. For her, maybe there isn't. But Daphne hasn't been good to Bay or Emmett or Toby or Wilke or Travis or Melody or Chef Jeff or Jace or Jorge or Campbell or Dr. J. or any of her four parents.

I realize what Chef Jeff did with Daphne was inappropriate, but she sure did push for it. And Jace was amoral himself, but Daphne sure did use him, too. I cannot believe how coldly Daphne has treated Jorge and Mingo. And it was rather uncool they way she positioned herself to steal that paid position right out from under Campbell's nose.

Daphne hasn't been a good friend to Iris. Daphne has been good friend to Sharee, but there's something weird going on there, too. It's strange how she promised to be there for Sharee, if she'd give UMKC a chance, and then, Daphne took off to China for over a year.

This episode, Departure of Summer, was the last time I felt as though Daphne was redeemable. After this episode, I began to give up hope.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Yeah, although I liked her better than Lily. I liked Simone best of all. I wish she'd found a way to win back Toby's love.
oh I can agree with that
Old 07-15-2016, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love it, I loved all of it. But goodness, I can't do deep analysis like that

I just disliked Simone. She used everyone around her, was a spoiled little brat and wanted everything to go her way. I can't stand people like her
Especially with Toby I just did not like her. Yes, she saw his talent and it was great that she was encouraging him. But she wasn't really encouraging him though, she was trying to control him and push him in a direction he clearly was uncomfortable with. And yet she still did it.
And see, I don't care about being drunk or not. Being drunk is just not an excuse. Period.

I do agree that in the end she seemed to had learned from her mistakes and she wouldn't be likely to do it again.

#JustMyOpinion
Old 07-15-2016, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

i liked simone because i thought she was interesting.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with I guys
Old 03-14-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

Angelo shouldn't have the baby. I realize its his child but the other parents clearly cared more for the baby and imo make better parents. I was really happy when Angelo decided he wanted to give custody back to them.
Angelo is the fifteen minute father .
Emily
Old 03-19-2017, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
Angelo is the fifteen minute father .
Haha that is one way too look at it.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
Haha that is one way too look at it.
Are people excited to see Angelo return this Tuesday night?

I thought I would be, but I am surprisingly not. It feels like something designed to make fans weep, and that makes his return seem calculated and insincere.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

For me it will depend on what context his appearance is. If it is like he is a guardian angel, then I will be irritated. I don't know. I am trying to figure out how it will work.
Emily
Old 03-26-2017, 06:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
For me it will depend on what context his appearance is. If it is like he is a guardian angel, then I will be irritated. I don't know. I am trying to figure out how it will work.
Have you watched yet? How did you feel about it?

Angelo's reappearance turned out as I anticipated it, and I thought it was well-written and sincere. I liked it quite a bit.