Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaley23x (View Post)
She is so pretty!

Have to say I do like the armour they dress her in too, it suits her.
That she is!! No question as to why every other women admire her!

I hope she does prefer men though! And I wish we'll see her interact soon with another man than Philip (seriously Shang? Where the f** are you? )

LOVE this drawing!!!

I have no idea what this is, If Mulan doesn’t have a tattoo of Mushu I shall be...
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

great art
Old 01-18-2013, 02:50 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I'm sure they can I want Philip/Aurora to finally be reunited And I hope Mulan can find her true love as well! She just isn't getting enough love on that show
I doubt it. She is a warrior with responsibility, fighting the dangers that threaten the armless civilians in her kingdom. Falling in love with someone doesn't sound like a thing in her repertoire, not until her mission is accomplished. She's been doing her best to prove that whatever a man can do, so can a woman. Romance would probably make her feel that she's the one being protected, with less control of herself and more dependence to other people. Of course, that doesn't mean her acceptance of Cora's philosophy, aka. "love is weakness". She just puts honor before all.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
I doubt it. She is a warrior with responsibility, fighting the dangers that threaten the armless civilians in her kingdom. Falling in love with someone doesn't sound like a thing in her repertoire, not until her mission is accomplished. She's been doing her best to prove that whatever a man can do, so can a woman. Romance would probably make her feel that she's the one being protected, with less control of herself and more dependence to other people. Of course, that doesn't mean her acceptance of Cora's philosophy, aka. "love is weakness". She just puts honor before all.
I think she could fall in love and be a warrior at the same time

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 01-18-2013, 04:34 AM
Elite Fan

^ Agreed
Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

exactly
Old 01-18-2013, 05:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
Other than Phillip, the only man she possibly fell in love with is her mentor who taught her fighting skills and encouraged her to pursue her dream with a strong heart in a time when women were basically defined by men. I think she must've had such an honorable man in her early life before she met the "Yaoguai". Uh, whatever, I'd like to find out what makes her the warrior she is today.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
Me too!!! I really don't think it's antagonistic to "fall in love" and "fight for what you believe in"! At least, it gives you someone to understand what you're going through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Other than Phillip, the only man she possibly fell in love with is her mentor who taught her fighting skills and encouraged her to pursue her dream with a strong heart in a time when women were basically defined by men. I think she must've had such an honorable man in her early life before she met the "Yaoguai". Uh, whatever, I'd like to find out what makes her the warrior she is today.
I'm not even sure she fell in love with Philip! But I really, really LOVE the fact that she could have fallen in love with her mentor!! And she surely HAD one! She couldn't learn to fight all by herself! And I'm sure he might have been the only one who actually believed in her/that she had the warrior spirit! Seriously, I hope we'll see that guy (whoever he is) in S3 (cause I guess there won't be enough time in S2 with all that's happening )
Old 01-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

We didn't exactly get any confirmation that she loved Phillip too. Maybe she thinks she does, and hopefully if/when Shangs gets here (which I REALLY hope he does!!) she might find what real love is
.{Zee}.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
We didn't exactly get any confirmation that she loved Phillip too. Maybe she thinks she does, and hopefully if/when Shangs gets here (which I REALLY hope he does!!) she might find what real love is
Agree WOW!! Someone else hoping Shang comes somewhere along the lines IMO, Mulan can never be complete without Shang (or some similar army guy who fought next to her!) I can't believe she fought for the emperor and everything without falling for some guy in the army/some guy falling for her too & protecting her!

drive it like you stole it
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yes!!!

They HAVE to bring him in right? He's the only endgame for Mulan! I can't believe it either. You can't really have the whole Mulan story without Shang. Or maybe there was Shang and there was love but its unresolved? Maybe he'll come later to resolve it? Oh god, I don't know but I like to think that its gonna happen
.{Zee}.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes!!!

They HAVE to bring him in right? He's the only endgame for Mulan! I can't believe it either. You can't really have the whole Mulan story without Shang. Or maybe there was Shang and there was love but its unresolved? Maybe he'll come later to resolve it? Oh god, I don't know but I like to think that its gonna happen
He's the only endgame I can see right now for Mulan too! Any other guy wouldn't work for her IMO! I would be mostly happy if the guy is actually named "Shang" but if he isn't and the Writers decide to go for a "Beauty & The Beast" kind of twist, then I hope he'll at least be someone from the Emperor's army like in the Disney movie or in the other Chinese Fa Mulan movie

I would love an unresolved love story for them! Like they fought together, and he taught her how to fight (because that would simply mean lots of sexy scenes ) and then in some battle he had to "sacrifice" himself for her and that's how she knows about sacrifices now! It would be kind of tragic, yet beautiful! And of course, he could come back later on (meaning that he didn't necessarily die ^^)
Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Lovely gifset
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful gifset Thanks for posting

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy