Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadia (View Post)
LOLOL, good one!
I was being dead serious. She's the one who commissioned that playground back in S1.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I was being dead serious. She's the one who commissioned that playground back in S1.
I know! You are absolutely right -- it was Regina.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
All of the rope swings I've played on/with in my life only ever had a single rope holding the swing suspended. I've never ever seen a rope swing that utilized more than one rope.
It's supposed to be two ropes tied on each side of the seat. It would be safer because if one rope is broken, the swing would be off balance, yet still attached to the other, preventing the person on the seat from flying away. Maybe that is not the same kind of swing.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda8706 (View Post)
Well technically Peter Pan was bad in the original story. He would kill the boys once they grew up, and Hook was one of the boys who got away.

This episode was amazing, and NOT predictable at all. I didn't see the Henry stuff coming, not even a little bit.
This is very surprising.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:55 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda8706 (View Post)
Well technically Peter Pan was bad in the original story. He would kill the boys once they grew up, and Hook was one of the boys who got away.
Er, where did you get that from? That's not what happened at all. Hook was the illegitimate child of someone 'at the top of British Society' and his lover, raised by another woman, attended Eton school, then Oxford, then ended up a pirate ('Blackbeard's boatswain, and that he was the only man Long John Silver ever feared.')

When they talk about 'killing' in Neverland, they don't mean it literally but in the same sense as children playing a game ('bang bang, you're dead!', etc), because Neverland is a world created by children's imaginations. It's all make believe.

If anyone is interested and hasn't actually read the book, it's available on Project Gutenberg for free.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 05-14-2013, 04:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I believe since we've only seen Pans shadow, some how the writers will spin it to make Pan, Henry. That's just my theory. I really don't want Pan to be evil, but whatever--go with the flow.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 05-14-2013, 05:12 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demileto (View Post)
You'd be surprised over what the original J. M. Barrie material mentions about Peter. It talks, for example, of him "trimming" the Lost Boys as they grow up (hinting at killing them). Furthermore, this is how Wikipedia describes Peter:

"Peter is mainly an exaggerated stereotype of a boastful and careless boy. He is quick to point out how great he is, even when such claims are questionable (such as when he congratulates himself for Wendy's successful re-attachment of his shadow). In the book and play, as well as both film adaptations, Peter either symbolises or personifies the selfishness of childhood, shown in Barrie's work through constant forgetfulness and self-centred behaviour."

That doesn't look much like a hero, does it?
I know, right? It amazes me how many people are so adamant about Peter Pan not being evil and that it'd somehow ruin the character.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
When they talk about 'killing' in Neverland, they don't mean it literally but in the same sense as children playing a game ('bang bang, you're dead!', etc), because Neverland is a world created by children's imaginations. It's all make believe.

If anyone is interested and hasn't actually read the book, it's available on Project Gutenberg for free.
The story speaks of Peter "trimming" the Lost Boys as they grow up. Take that as you will.

Incidentally, are there any rules regarding when a character appreciation thread is allowed to be created? I'm thinking here of the Peter Pan one: we have enough hints about him to probably have an interesting discussion, but he hasn't even appeared on screen yet and neither has an actor cast for the role.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demileto (View Post)
The story speaks of Peter "trimming" the Lost Boys as they grow up. Take that as you will.

Incidentally, are there any rules regarding when a character appreciation thread is allowed to be created? I'm thinking here of the Peter Pan one: we have enough hints about him to probably have an interesting discussion, but he hasn't even appeared on screen yet and neither has an actor cast for the role.
Actually, he talks about him 'thinning them out', in the same sentence as he talks about them getting growing up.

Quote:
The boys on the island vary, of course, in numbers, according as they get killed and so on; and when they seem to be growing up, which is against the rules, Peter thins them out; but at this time there were six of them, counting the twins as two.
I think you can only create a thread for a character once they've actually been on screen in the show.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
I think you can only create a thread for a character once they've actually been on screen in the show.
Yeah, that's more or less what I imagine the rules are.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm gonna wait (a LONG time ;~; ) and see where they're going with the Pan story. I'm not saying he's supposed to be a hero, he was one bratty selfish kid, running to Neverland because he didn't want to be an adult. But still I didn't imagine he would be one Wendy would be scared of, ripping shadows off of people and sending them and the Lost Boys/Ones to look for a boy that won't be born for decades.
Movies ♥ Music ♥ Photography
Old 05-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Felix (Rufio) rather explicitly and concretely identifies their boss as Peter Pan, and Adam and Eddy pretty much confirmed that they've turned the character into an antagonistic darker figure, but we don't know at this point whether The Shadow is Pan himself or if it's just connected to him. Given that the writers seem to be drawing a bunch of inspiration for their interpretation of Peter Pan from the character of Lord Ombra - the primary antagonist of the Starcatchers series - I'm inclined to think that The Shadow is just a minion of Pan's in the same vein as the Lost Ones rather than being Pan himself.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-14-2013, 08:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Having the Lost Ones searching for Henry made me think Peter doesn't seem to be one to take action himself but rather send his minions. Seeing how he rips shadows of people he might have some sort of dark shadows army too. Where the shadows can leave Neverland and look for the boy all over the world.

I thought you didn't grow up if you were in Neverland? How did Peter "killed" the Lost Boys when they grew up? Bae/Neal had to stay there quite a while without growing up otherwise he'd be like a lot older.
Movies ♥ Music ♥ Photography
Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The swing does belong to the playground. They are different locations.
The playground was in the woods. The swing was somewhere totally different.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Ann Potter (View Post)
Having the Lost Ones searching for Henry made me think Peter doesn't seem to be one to take action himself but rather send his minions. Seeing how he rips shadows of people he might have some sort of dark shadows army too. Where the shadows can leave Neverland and look for the boy all over the world.

I thought you didn't grow up if you were in Neverland? How did Peter "killed" the Lost Boys when they grew up? Bae/Neal had to stay there quite a while without growing up otherwise he'd be like a lot older.
In the original books, Peter was the only one who never grew up.