Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

Well a few things...

Awesome to see that Mr. Gold's get out of jail game actually existed. I didn't like it just written off totally and this little frame up was a... well it was a good plan, he is a genius... Also loved him working a little magic at the end. Too bad we didn't get to see a trial... I would have loved to see Mr. Gold pull a tap dance a la Billy Flynn... which is so the type of lawyer he would have to be... Oh well.

Second... much props to Bailee Madison. What an epic portrayal of little Snow, the way she looked, talked, moved, all spot on. My friend watching it with me swore she had to be related to Gen somehow.

Thirdly... Really Regina? Really? Blaming a 10 year old girl for falling for the same line from your mother that you did? You grew up with the woman and... it's the 10 year old's fault? And her dad? What the hell did you kill him for? I mean he may not have loved you head over feet but he proposed after five seconds because of his daughter so he made it obvious this wasn't going to be about them... More than ever I am convinced he was having the Genie look for your lover so he could secret the two of you away so you could be happy... poor old sad guy.
I'd also like to say... Mommy already knew something was up enough to ask Snow in the first place, I find it unlikely that with Mommy Dearest magic the two of them could have gotten away at all even if Snow hadn't been so horribly tricked.

Fourthly... King George... well still a bastard on either side of the curse... sad to see your fake son never got to finish you off.

Fifth Hahaha! Miller's Daughter... and all those deals... Someone spin rooms full of straw into gold in exchange for your first born for you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyLady (View Post)
I think Cora is actually the woman who married Rumplestiltskin, had a baby boy, and then left them both when she felt that Rumple had turned coward and fled a battle in a very long war with the trolls. It's also been infered that the boy isn't really Rumple's biological son either, that his wife cheated on him or something.
... doesn't fit the time line unless she is somehow magically younger than she looks, after all Rumple was the Dark one back when Geppetto was a little kid...

Last edited by lunas_borednow; 04-01-2012 at 09:56 PM
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Cora emotionally manipulated Snow

Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 PM
New Fan

I think the problem is we're thinking about this as if Regina has all the information that we do. While I do agree it's wrong for her to blame Snow, from her point of view she didn't even know Snow had told her mother until she went up to her while she was trying on the dress. At that point all Snow told her was that she told her mother. Nothing about the conversation Cora lead her into and twisting her emotions to make her talk. To Regina that looks like right after she makes her promise to keep it a secret she goes right off to tell. So in her mind Snow did betray her.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

... Regina knows her mother... she should suspect... and given the reasons Snow gave it seems like someone talked her into it since she didn't try to argue that to Regina when she was at first arguing!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:29 PM
New Fan

That's true, but I think it was easier for her to just jump to that thought and blame a girl then her mother who she's afraid of.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yes I suspect that was why she did... but at the same time... it's ... well just wrong...
Old 04-01-2012, 11:35 PM
New Fan

Yup, it is. Which is why this is the beginning of her path to becoming evil. She was already looking like the Regina we know in the ending.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Elite Fan

Yes... I guess it's choices like that that make me unsympathetic no matter how cruel her mother was... After her love died she had a choice and she chose her mother's path... she could have tried running from her mother anyway, she could have told the King the truth of what happened... He doesn't seem like the type who would be mad at Regina for turning him down... nor likely one to lie down to a sorceress murdering people in his land... Instead she's just like her mother, taking her pain out on an innocent child...
Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Total Fan

Lana Parrilla - Flawless performance

Bailee Madison - Best child actor I have seen in a while and cute as a button. Also could be Ginnifer Goodwin's child clone.

All the feelings over their FTL friendship before Regina went crazy (lol).

Anyway I enjoyed the episode cos of these two mainly but Barbara Hershey was good too. Was a little disappointed with the reveal as I kinda had figured it was something like this a whle ago. First time I have really been disappointed in the writers. Especially considering the hype and build up for this episode.. But I do have a feeling we will be seeing more in season 2 (fingers crossed).

I kinda loved Daniel and Regina together. It was nice to see her in a different light and see what happened to her. I know she went evil but she was completely innocent before Daniel got killed so I felt really bad for her.

Ugh Emma/August - So far from caring.

Kathryn turning up - Most amazing cliffhanger ever. Intrigued to know what happened to her.Still say Mr Gold has a hand in all of this.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

It wasn't the best episode they have had, but it was good.

I'm happy that we saw why Regina hate Snow, but the reason is so bad. Regina should blame her mother, not Snow!! Snow only wanted to help Regina.

King George is alive I thought that he had died and that's why James became the king

Feel so sorry for MM, she doesn't deserve it

Kathryn is alive! I knew it!!

I'm glad Emma knows now that Sidney can't be trusted!!

Little Snow is so cute

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 04-02-2012, 03:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Wonderful episode with a cliffhanger..

Regina/Mother - I did like that we saw the side before she became Evil Regina. Her and Daniel made a cute couple and soon as we found out she had her true love, I knew the downfall was coming...I thought Barbara Hershey was wonderful in the role as the mother. Lana/Barbara had great scenes . Still though I wonder how Regina became as evil as she did considering she killed her own father. Seeing what was done to her by her mother, what made her flick the switch..and taking the the same power her mother had..

Regina/Snow - So now we finally know why. Great scenes between them and I thought Bailee was great in the role as young Snow...

Mr Gold - Oh I do love your sneaky ways, TBH I didn't think he had a hand in Kathryn's disappearance, silly me . So he is running the town.. He's playing Regina like a fiddle..what's his bigger plan though, who knows at this moment. It's like he's putting all his chess pieces into place waiting for the final strike..

August/Emma - I did really like their scenes together, August helping Emma along the way to finding the truth. Still not sure who August is and what was with that bad leg he has..

Kathryn - where did she come from!!!, I do reckon Mr Gold had a hand in that..

I can't wait 3 week for a new eppy

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 04-02-2012 at 03:21 AM
Old 04-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Somehow this ep was predictable - already thought the "reason" would turn out like this. Still, it was a good ep - especially for all the info in between the lines.
And for Katherine - I don't know how many peeps actually have said she would be the cliffhanger of that ep
Old 04-02-2012, 04:18 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbroccs (View Post)
Well I hope it is something more complex than Regina loved stable boy, Snow found out and told this secret and stable boy got killed cos I think we all could have guessed that ourselves. But we will see. The writers haven't disappointed me yet so I really hope they dont disappoint since I have been waiting for this episode since Snow's betrayal was mentioned by Regina in 1.02.
It was not something more complex than that. Do you feel disappointed?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:24 AM
Total Fan

Yeah I really was. But I am kinda hoping there is a little more to the story than this. But will wait and see.

FI - 20/06/2014 the date I met Jared, Lana, Sean, Bex, Robbie and Emilie! Best weekend ever.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

And yet another ship to ship on this show

Lana had killer chemistry with the actor that played Daniel. I loved Regina's backstory and she's easily in my top three fav characters. She's like Darth Vader. There is good in her yet! I love a villain that starts out good. Had me in tears in some scenes. Lana, what an actress honestly..

The confrontation between Regina and Mary Margaret was epic. I quite like Regina getting what she wants, her screaming at MM was joy

The child actress that portrayed a younger Snow definitely was a highlight. She's really talented.

And the cliffy! WHAT THE? God I love this show.