Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2016, 08:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
It's extremely hypocritical for people to accept a heterosexual relationship "just happening" (which is what occurs in almost every single fairytale story ever) but complain when the same thing happens with a homosexual relationship.

What happened with Ruby and Dorothy is exactly what they did with couples such as Eric and Ariel, Emma and Neil, Cinderella and Thomas, and Alice and Cyrus, and yet nobody complained in those instances about things being "too rushed".
All I meant by the short lived thing was that I enjoy Ruby and Dorothy's love story and I have a thing for hidden love and dropping hints and gazing into eachother's eyes and pining for eachother both afraid to tell eachother how they feel. I want the same thing for Henry and Violet. But not every straight couple.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishWristWatch (View Post)
I just want to know why everyone in a sleeping curse looks so beautiful and perfect. If I was in a sleeping curse, my mouth would be hanging open and a bit of drool would be coming out the side
Disney princesses don't drool.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
Nor do Disney princes (Charming & Henry).
Old 04-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol
Old 04-18-2016, 08:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Old 04-18-2016, 10:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Fans have been wanting an LGBT romance on this show, and yet when the PtBs deliver one, they (fans) complain because it's not the storyline they were expecting. Really?
That's because those fans don't want an LGBT story for its own sake, but one that makes sense. In the case of Dorothy/Ruby, it was like the writers put all the names of the single women on the board, threw a couple darts, and decided that was the couple they were going with.
I mean, really, whose Dorothy in the OUaT world? She was in 1 single previous episode and she was a child. Aside form the lame "love at first sight" cliche, there is no substance to her or the relationship. The entire thing is a throw away.

I just wish they had focused more on Rumpbelle.
Belle has got to make up her damn mind. Does she love Rumple or not? Does she accept him as is - warts and all - or not? Does she see him as Evil or accept that Dark and Evil are not necessarily the same? She should either accept him for who he really is or leave - once and for all.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Survivor (View Post)
I've been shadow watching the show following on and off. I think the actor who plays Hades is perhaps one of the better villains on the show that's been around for a long time.

I am glad that OUAT went there with introducing a LGBT couple on the show with Ruby and Dorothy.

It's a shame though that people are being negative about it on the page's official Facebook.
I have misgivings about Ruby and Dorothy as a couple too. But it has nothing to do with being an LGBT couple- more a case of it being Dorothy with Ruby than anything else. As a few other people have mentioned already - it would have made more sense being Mulan and Ruby. They've had more relationship build up, and Mulan has already been introduced as an LGBT character. I just felt like Dorothy came up out of nowhere. For a friendship arc that would have been fine - lots of characters have had one episode to themselves where they become a main character's friends - Cinderella and Emma, Ariel and Snow, David and Anna etc. But for a relationship arc it's completely different, that's needs time and build up. And Dorothy/Ruby just seemed to happen way to quickly. Plus I kind of liked the idea of it being Ruby/Mulan with how they constantly team up to help and save other people like Merida and Dorothy. That would have been my preferred ship.
.{Zee}.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Ruby/Red and Mulan traveling together isn't "buildup".

A romantic relationship between those two characters would also have come "from out of nowhere", but I seriously doubt people would be whining if that's what we'd gotten.

* sigh *
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

The Dorothy/Ozma shipper in me is kinda disappointed. But as long as Ruby is happy I guess it doesn't really matter.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Extreme Fan

It was a great episode. I think Regina really cares for Zelena. I love Belle but the writing for her character could have been better. I hope Auntie Em escapes the river of lost souls.
Old 04-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I've noticed that no one snores either. That's why I'll never be a Disney Princess.
Old 04-18-2016, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the nice discussion, everyone.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNaley23x (View Post)
I have misgivings about Ruby and Dorothy as a couple too. But it has nothing to do with being an LGBT couple- more a case of it being Dorothy with Ruby than anything else. As a few other people have mentioned already - it would have made more sense being Mulan and Ruby. They've had more relationship build up, and Mulan has already been introduced as an LGBT character. I just felt like Dorothy came up out of nowhere. For a friendship arc that would have been fine - lots of characters have had one episode to themselves where they become a main character's friends - Cinderella and Emma, Ariel and Snow, David and Anna etc. But for a relationship arc it's completely different, that's needs time and build up. And Dorothy/Ruby just seemed to happen way to quickly. Plus I kind of liked the idea of it being Ruby/Mulan with how they constantly team up to help and save other people like Merida and Dorothy. That would have been my preferred ship.
This. I felt the chemistry towards the end,but I would have rather Ruby be with Mulan.

I have a beef with the entire concept of true love's kiss,tbh. It's not about straight or hetero for me anymore. It was shown in Maleficent and then this episode confirmed it. Someone you barely know or just met is not your true love.

Snow and Charming were already in love when he woke her up. Phillip and Aurora knew each other, but in the movie,he was a random prince. He tried,but it didn't work because he was a stranger.

How the hell did Ruby wake her up when they just met? It's chemistry,but not love. Why didn't they have her meet Merida? I'd ship the hell our of those two.

Ugh...this Oz/Underworld mashup is frustrating. I'm enjoying Hades as a villain, but having Oz in it as well is irritating. I liked this episode better than I thought,but the pairing really is random. It sounded forced,but when I watched,they had chemistry.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Sorry... long time no post. I'm 8 days behind everyone as I don't have a tv. I watch the show when it becomes free on ABC.

Anyway. WOW! I suspected that love interest in the beginning of this episode. What I did not expect is that Disney approved it as they are SOOO family oriented. I also did not expect the romance to be "rushed". That there would have been a build up to it.

Rumbelle: Now that she has chosen a path for herself and their unborn child... will Rump change?

Hook: I did not see fact that his hook was enchanted.

Henry: It was very heart-warming to see him share the newest pages of "the book".

Wow, wow, wow!

See you all in a week when/if and after I am able see the episode "Sisters"! I've read that it's a GOOD ONE!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:46 PM
Master Fan

I think Adam and Eddy could have better build-up for the romance between Ruby and Dorothy. I was with most of you all, who thought it was going to be Ruby/Mulan. I still feel bad for Mulan and Jamie, because Mulan still doesn't have a happy ending and I'm wondering if Mulan will ever have a happy ending at all?

When I think about this episode in terms of true love, it just makes me really happy because of the message it conveys: true love transcends gender. True love's kiss is not an elite club, and anyone can feel true love for anyone.

To call Ruby a lesbian is actually an incorrect statement because she's had a previous relationship with a guy (Peter, from 'Red-Handed'), and if you've read "In the Shadow of the Queen," her love interest in there was Graham. Ruby is bisexual. She is attracted to male and female.

Dorothy, we don't know enough of her previous romantic history but Ruby is bisexual; like how Mulan is also bisexual.