Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2015, 10:41 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I don't believe Moe.. ,lol

thanks for the link Grace. I had bought myself the Kate Spade bag that she's had all season. The black adn white floral one that she kept the dagger in..

I have no dagger in ti, but it still looks great

I do hope we get more of Belle's mom. Belle out of everyone needs more backstory. Maybe Belle's mother and a story with her will parallel Belle realizing the truth about the guantlet
OOH! I wish I could purchase that. When I worked in Macy's I brought a lot of their designer bags that year for my family and brought myself a Nine West bag. I love Nine West. I do have a Burberry bag that looks legit, but I got it off a lady selling them when I was a Curves fitness member, so as my dad would have said, they either are great fakes or fell off the back of a truck! I did get a bag from my mom for Christmas. It had a wallet and is theft proof, so I am carrying this bag everywhere. If it prevents my credit card from being stolen again, I will never get rid of it!

I don't trust Moe. He loves his daughter but I sometimes wonder if he has fallen into the trap that al dads do, the one where they forget their daughter is a grown up and capable of making their own decisions. Ironically, Belle married a man who is also protective of here but Rumple is also more supportive towards Belle than her father. He gave her a library twice and the means for her independence. He lied to her this season but I think that is because he was afraid of losing her combined with his fear of someone getting ahold of his dagger and forcing him to kill his loved ones. He never condescended towards her like her dad but it is understandable that Moe acts like that towards Belle. he comes from a time where father's arrange their daughter's marriages and their lives. The fact that he let her be present during war council speaks to his pride in her intelligence and his faith in her, but to Moe, she is still his little girl so he needs to protect her. Rumple wants to protect her too and both have to learn that they need to be honest with her.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I agree. It's not malicious , it's just him keeping secrets..

hmmm wonder who else keeps secrets but the intent isn't malicious towards Belle?

I do think Moe loves belle but he has made some misguided choices. I do think her mom really died but I think Moe might be lying about the circumstances
Old 01-15-2015, 11:19 AM
Elite Fan

I am probably wrong but I think she was killed right in front of Belle by the ogres and Moe just had the memories erased so it wouldn't be traumatic. I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard anything else about it and it was just a "mystery" to get Belle to
Arrendale.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I am probably wrong but I think she was killed right in front of Belle by the ogres and Moe just had the memories erased so it wouldn't be traumatic. I wouldn't be surprised if we never heard anything else about it and it was just a "mystery" to get Belle to
Arrendale.
That may be it. My problem with it is that it was pretty easily figured out from the evidence at hand. I had a bike accident as a kid and don't actually remember hitting the trees, but it's fairly logical deduction based on the evidence when I woke up.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

My only other guess is Moe accidentally killed her aiming for the ogres. This show isn't very creative with the "mysteries". They were secretive about Charming's name for a season and a half only to reveal it was the same as his cursed name.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Thank you for the thread. The title has me .

I love Kate Spade bags (but I only buy them on like 50% off ). Belle's accessories are as gorgeous as her wardrobe, sigh.

Quote:
Arrendale.
My favorite theory is that Colette seemed to be killed but that what Moe was hiding was that she used magic of some sort to shield Belle. (Thus revealing that Colette was a fairy or some other supernatural being.) Like you, I just don't see why he would try to hide the fact that Colette died for Belle.

Quote:
hmmm wonder who else keeps secrets but the intent isn't malicious towards Belle?
The difference is that Moe really does keep secrets in an attempt to control Belle (which Rumple doesn't; his secrets aren't trying to make her do what he wants so much as to keep her from leaving him--see how THAT worked out ).
Old 01-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I don't think Moe would maliciously keep anything from Belle about her mother, but he has shown a tenendcy to lie before when he thinks it's Belle best interests even if she might not agree with it. So there is the possibility there's slightly more to the story, but this being OUAT, there also might very well not be. We'll just have to wait and see!
I think though, if Moe did lie, he was trying to do the best for Belle, but the problem is the lie will snowball and snowball...and he will lose her again...
Old 01-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to buy Kate Spade bags but I can't afford them at the moment
Old 01-15-2015, 02:53 PM
Elite Fan

I think Moe is keeping a dark secret from Belle regarding her mother, and the ogre attack was a revenge of some sort. Perhaps Moe didn't have the heart to tell Belle the truth because it could possibly make her mom look less heroic, thus crush Belle's image of her. Not that she was a bad person, but even good people make mistakes..
Old 01-15-2015, 04:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
I think Moe is keeping a dark secret from Belle regarding her mother, and the ogre attack was a revenge of some sort. Perhaps Moe didn't have the heart to tell Belle the truth because it could possibly make her mom look less heroic, thus crush Belle's image of her. Not that she was a bad person, but even good people make mistakes..
Ooh, interesting. What kind of secret could it be? From what we know of ogres they seem to just randomly rampage, so it wouldn't be like she could have ticked off an ogre king/queen...or could it?
Old 01-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

I was thinking that maybe it could have something to do with Maleficent? She has an army of goblins (could be ogres in ONCE) in the Disney movie. Perhaps she and Colette were both fairies, maybe even friends? Maybe they did something that angered Blue, lost their wings, and Mal thought it was Colette's fault and wanted revenge?
Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

add me I LOVE Belle

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 01-15-2015, 10:23 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamstress90 (View Post)
I was thinking that maybe it could have something to do with Maleficent? She has an army of goblins (could be ogres in ONCE) in the Disney movie. Perhaps she and Colette were both fairies, maybe even friends? Maybe they did something that angered Blue, lost their wings, and Mal thought it was Colette's fault and wanted revenge?
That would be interesting.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
add me I LOVE Belle
You've been added
Old 01-16-2015, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Interesting theory there Seamstress90

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
add me I LOVE Belle
welcome to the thread