Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 03:21 PM
Passionate Fan

happy OUAT day!
Old 10-19-2014, 05:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

For Dr. Strangelove his right hand was a bad influence. For Hook it's his left. I buy it.
Anyone else hear the music from Fantasia when they see that broom and hat?
Old 10-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so happy that Henry is willing to deceive Rumple for Regina's sake. Finally the boy shows some loyalty to the woman who raised him and made most of his childhood happy! Go Henry!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett (View Post)
I'm so happy that Henry is willing to deceive Rumple for Regina's sake. Finally the boy shows some loyalty to the woman who raised him and made most of his childhood happy! Go Henry!
I hope he feels guilty for this fools errand! That is his grandfather after all! He seemed so happy to have Henry around and he is going to be hurt when he finds out the truth!
Old 10-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I know now what Rumple meant when he talked to Henry about His heritage and the Dark One's Legacy. Both Rumple and Bae would do anything to be with their sons, no matter the price. And now son/grandson is willing to do what it takes to help his mother, no matter who it may hurt. Is this the legacy of the Dark One? To twist noble desires into something abhorrent? Yes, right now it seems ok. Instead of coming out an just asking Rumple, he is going to spy and be sneaky. It will not end well. It never does.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace52373 (View Post)
I hope he feels guilty for this fools errand! That is his grandfather after all! He seemed so happy to have Henry around and he is going to be hurt when he finds out the truth!
The only people who have ever been willing to stick their neck out for Regina were her father and Daniel. Everyone else's loyalty was based on what she could do for them and then when she gets upset and strikes out at those who used her, they get put out and call her evil. Someone who has agency for himself in OUAT, Henry, is finally walking the walk on caring about Regina. Rumple can sit and spin. He's always had Belle's faith, he had Neal/Bae's forgiveness, heck, even the Charmings have shown their loyalty no matter how little he's done to earn it. Regina is working so hard to be better, and yet she's never even been shown a real reason to. Now, at least, she has a son who doesn't just say he loves her but is willing to publically act on it.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lol. I would Relax on this one for the moment. I also would not call it a fool's errand, just a hunch that Henry is trying to follow up on. Rumple is another villain as far as the book goes and it appears like he is going to get a happy ending regardless with Belle.

Of course, that does not mean Rumple knows anything for sure either about who or how the book was written. I am sure that will come out eventually.

In the meantime, I am not against Henry trying to help his mom get to the truth about the book. If he starts asking questions or snooping around, Rumple will probably catch on, though. I do not think Rumple is going to be so much hurt as he will be inquisitive as to why Henry or Regina did not just come out and ask him.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 10-19-2014 at 06:28 PM
Old 10-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeverett (View Post)
The only people who have ever been willing to stick their neck out for Regina were her father and Daniel. Everyone else's loyalty was based on what she could do for them and then when she gets upset and strikes out at those who used her, they get put out and call her evil. Someone who has agency for himself in OUAT, Henry, is finally walking the walk on caring about Regina. Rumple can sit and spin. He's always had Belle's faith, he had Neal/Bae's forgiveness, heck, even the Charmings have shown their loyalty no matter how little he's done to earn it. Regina is working so hard to be better, and yet she's never even been shown a real reason to. Now, at least, she has a son who doesn't just say he loves her but is willing to publically act on it.
Regina is my second favorite Character and as an adoptive mother, I've always felt she got the short end of the stick when it came to Henry. I LOVE he is standing by her and helping her out. I only question the method.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinzle (View Post)
Regina is my second favorite Character and as an adoptive mother, I've always felt she got the short end of the stick when it came to Henry. I LOVE he is standing by her and helping her out. I only question the method.
Lol, Rumple is my second favorite character after Regina.

I understand what you mean about the method. I do not think Henry is doing it to hurt him and Rumple did look pleased to have Henry wanting to be around.

To be honest, I think what Henry might stumble upon regarding Rumple's agenda with the box could be more troublesome than trying to find out about the book if Henry goes snooping about. I think Henry will likely get caught at some point and be forced to just come out and ask his grandfather if he knows anything about the book. I do wonder if there might be any connection between the hat|box & Book. The Scorcerer?

I kind of hope it does because if he does know anything at all maybe it will lead to some actual Regina and Rumple scenes. I miss those.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:41 PM
New Fan

Man, what a fantastic episode!

I loved the little nod to Mickey when Rumple turned the apprentice into a mouse and the walking broom.

I liked the little nod to Lady and the Tramp in the restaurant during the CaptainSwan date.

I love that the Rumple/Hook rivalry is firing back up again and how it seems Rumple has the upper hand, at least for now. I like Hook, but I've hated his arrogance and blackmail lately.

I'm not ready to hate on Henry yet. Yes, he is using his grandpa who seemed to like the idea of having Henry around, but I'll wait and see how it turns out. Maybe he'll get attached to Gold and we'll finally get some grandpa bonding. (We had a shot with that deleted scene a couple weeks ago, but alas, Frozen was more important that week )

I thought the scene where Anna had the dagger was amazing. I loved Rumple's rage after he got the dagger back. Robert Carlyle is a master.

I'm now wondering if the mansion from the honeymoon is Elsa's castle somehow? How else would the box come to be in Storybrooke from Arendelle? Hmm...

And the best part for me, was the fact that the focus was mostly on main characters this week. I like the Frozen storyline, but I'm invested in the main cast and I was feeling a bit discouraged as of late.

I do hope they explore the Rumbelle issues sooner than later. I actually look forward to the conflict, even though I want them to have a happy ending. I feel like Belle is not a stupid person and she should notice something is going on with Rumple, but they've been using her as a background prop since the honeymoon ended. I want to see them interact with each other more. Also, Charming and Snow have been pushed aside a lot. Aside from Snow trying for an entire episode to get the lights back on, and Charming helping Emma hunt down the Snow Queen, they've been sadly underutilized. They aren't my favorite characters, but they're part of the core cast and the catalysts for the whole series. It's so strange having them be so uninvolved in the plot.

Here's hoping next week is as great as this week! (Though the preview left me feeling a bit cold... no pun intended.)
Old 10-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Elite Fan

Some random thoughts:
Wow, Rumple and Hook really bring out the worst in each other. That did not reflect well on either of them, really.

Felt really bad for Anna, but she got out of it all right - though I fear what might have happened after that.

Snow and Charming were such parents in this episode. Adorable and funny. Love the family stuff, and I wouldn't mind if they adopted Elsa.

Poor Will.

What on earth is the Snow Queen up to? Hmm.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

felt bad for will in this episode, clearly he is missing anastasia

loved the captain swan date just wish they could have shown more. loved snow and charming acting like concern parents when hook shows up.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Wow, what a fantastic episode! I loved it all!

Rumple and Hook... oh, what have you done to each other. Now you're threatening each other over the loves of your lives? Please just stop. And OMG Hook, you gave your hand back for nothing!!!! Belle... why you still a background prop? Come on Adam and Eddy, give this woman something more substantial than an ancient cordless phone.

I absolutely loved the entire story arc between Anna and Rumple. What a crazy twist and turn of events during that story. Her innocence and love as a weapon, and then she turned the tables on the Dark One with no problem! I fear for what happened to her when Rumple found her again... there's no way he didn't.

I loved Snow cherishing her daughter going on a date... it was like mom and dad sending their daughter to prom or something, LOL. The date wasn't exactly what I was hoping for, but the awakening of Hook to his former dark self was very interesting. And does he sleep on that dock every night? How sad!

I loved the end where Henry wormed his way into the pawn shop... no, Henry shouldn't feel guilty. His grandfather is the master of deception, and his mom is the apprentice of deception... it's in his blood to go undercover, and far less trouble than either of those two have caused. Henry is about to learn a whole lot of secrets, I wager!

I liked the way this episode focused on characters storylines more than anything else... it was like getting back to good. The magical broom was a great bonus!
Old 10-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Absolute Fan

Great episode tonight.

I knew Brad Dourif was coming back, but was still caught off guard when the Dark One at the beginning of the episode turned out to be Zozo.

Everybody (both in-universe and out) continues to treat Rumplestiltskin as a villain, but he continues to prove time and again that it's not and never has been that simple. Robert Carlyle simply slayed it in this episode, both as Mist-Haven!Rumple and as Storybrooke!Rumple/Mr. Gold, and the writing continues to prove my assertions that the character is meant to be seen as the Severus Snape of this franchise.

I liked the way that Anna found out about Rumple's weakness with the Dagger, and the way that she used it to force him to give her the Hat box and send her back to Arendelle, although I do want to know how/why the Hat box ended up in Storybrooke; I'm also more than a bit worried that, even though she's not known to have magic, her current fate might not be benign and might have something to do with said Hat.

I don't quite know what to make of the Emma/Hook date, but I did like seeing her in a dress and him in modern clothing, and I loved that it provided an opportunity for Snow and Charming to act like over-interested/overly protective parents, respectively. I'm not entirely sure what the point of Will bumping into Emma was other than to provide a way for the writers to do the 'evil hand' thing, but I did like seeing him.

Speaking of Will, I really want to find out * sooner rather than later * what happened to separate him from Ana, the White Rabbit, and Wonderland (that scene of him in the jail cell was funny, and I liked the cartoony image of Ana that he had in his pocket), and don't know if I can make myself wait any longer to find out the answers (stop making us wait, writers, or we're going to get really cranky .)

Elizabeth Mitchell revealed in an interview that the Snow Queen hasn't been given a real name as of yet, but at least she's got a Storybrooke alias (I do wish we'd seen how they knew/figured what said alias was, but that's neither here nor there) so that we can stop referring to her just as the Snow Queen/SQ. The fact that her alias isn't Swan does put the final kibosh on my theory about her being Emma's adoptive mother, so I'm really interested to find out exactly what their relationship is and why Emma doesn't or can't remember her. I'm not entirely sure what was up with her skulking around town, but it is what it is.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of Henry being sneaky and deceptive, but that wariness is offset by wanting to see him and Rumple spend more time together.

The writers continue to make things really interesting both in the present and in the past, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 10-19-2014, 08:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

A magical object powerful enough to free the Dark One from his curse without killing him or removing his powers? I'm not so sure I'd like an all-powerful Rumpelstiltskin. He's already powerful enough as it is even with the dagger. With no limits, what's to contain him at all?