Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I don't know if it would have been easy.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Why wouldn't? Mentally, Emma wasn't 17-year-old yet.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

After what she'd been through Emma wasn't a typical 17 year old. Just as it was hard for Henry and August in late season 1 to convince Emma of the curse, it would have been hard to convince 17 yr. Emma.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Come on you know I was talking about the carefree Emma at the first scene of Tallahassee flashback. She was immature until what her life in jail taught her afterwards.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_Siobhan_Magnus (View Post)
Therein timing was of the essence. Believe me, Emma had no idea what she was doing or what she was supposed to do when she carjacked the bug. If August had poked out first to impress Emma, he would be the one for her instead of Neal and wherever he went, whatever he did, she would follow. Talking her into the curse, the magic, the saving and all that stuffs would be as easy as filling an empty glass with water.
I'm not so sure Neal was the first man ever to show interest in her and I really don't think she would have fallen in love with just anyone who did. I don't like the term soul mates too much. Imo it's overused these days, but nevertheless I think that's what they are. Also I don't quite understand why you think it would have been a bad idea for Emma to believe in the curse 11 years before she was supposed to break it? It would have given her a lot of time to prepare for it and wasn't that exactly what Pinocchio originally promised to do?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Even carefree, she still had been through a lot and wasn't a normal 17 year old girl.

I agree with Anna. I believe ST are soul-mates/were destined/fated to be together/TL.

Wonder why she had to be 28 to break the curse. Why couldn't she have broken it at, say, 21?
Old 08-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Being in love could very well be the only reason why Emma appeared carefree in 'Tallahassee'. We only saw young Emma in one scene before she met Neal. There's no way of knowing how happy or sad she was, but she certainly had been through enough already. Twice she had been abandoned, once by her biological parents (and she had no way of knowing why they did it!) and once by the people who adopted her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)

Wonder why she had to be 28 to break the curse. Why couldn't she have broken it at, say, 21?
Good question. I guess Rumple must have had a reason to make it a part of the curse. Wonder if we'll ever find out.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
I'm not so sure Neal was the first man ever to show interest in her and I really don't think she would have fallen in love with just anyone who did. I don't like the term soul mates too much. Imo it's overused these days, but nevertheless I think that's what they are. Also I don't quite understand why you think it would have been a bad idea for Emma to believe in the curse 11 years before she was supposed to break it? It would have given her a lot of time to prepare for it and wasn't that exactly what Pinocchio originally promised to do?
Then I agree to disagree. I am so sure that Neal was definitely the first man flashing into her early life whether that kind of instant chemistry is overused or not. If she had a tall handsome football quarterback to compare him to, it would completely be another story - a cliched high school drama perhaps. However, Neal just happened to be the lucky one ahead of any potential sexual competitors. For the record, I'm trying to analyze in a relatively objective tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
A reference from Lost, obviously.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

If that's your opinion then we will have to agree to disagree. It's just not the way I see Emma. By the way not every girl dreams of a football quarterback.

Last edited by Krista_N; 08-25-2013 at 08:38 PM
Old 08-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

That was a figure of speech which I've got from Glee. I used to be obsessed with it. Speaking of which makes me sad. RIP Cory.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That was a figure of speech which I've got from Glee. I used to be obsessed with it.
I thought that much. I was just thinking about all the many OUAT fans wo are head over heels in love with Rumple.

Quote:
Speaking of which makes me sad. RIP Cory.
It's really very sad.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

Well in my superficial eye Rumple rocks in three-piece charcoal suit, while in my judgmental eye he is but a poor spinster possessed by a demon within his soul. He's like fifty shades of Gold. He and Emma are the most impressive individuals on this show in terms of characterization.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 08-26-2013, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

She looked cute in that high ponytail.
Old 08-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Wonder when she got rid of the glasses.