Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Okay I had this enormous post written out and I lost it and I am very upset by this.

The main message was that I don't think Snow made the right choice. Going after Cora and attacking her directly, I don't have a problem with (and yes, I do realise the inherent problems with that since everyone in the town appears to be Cora) but this underhanded trickery going through Regina is just terrible. It's something Regina would do and I am not really comfortable with Snow stooping to her level.

I do realise they needed to get rid of Cora and I do realise that Regina and Cora have both done despicable, terrible things to Snow and the Charmings (new band name anyone?) in general but I'm just not happy with what Snow did. I am very interested in where this goes though.

Also, IS LISTENING TO RUMPLESTILTSKIN EVER A GOOD IDEA?! No!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by someassemblyrequired (View Post)
Okay I had this enormous post written out and I lost it and I am very upset by this.

The main message was that I don't think Snow made the right choice. Going after Cora and attacking her directly, I don't have a problem with (and yes, I do realise the inherent problems with that since everyone in the town appears to be Cora) but this underhanded trickery going through Regina is just terrible. It's something Regina would do and I am not really comfortable with Snow stooping to her level.
It wasn't a matter of making the right choice, it was her only choice once Regina showed up.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 PM
New Fan

Hi, everyone! Can I please be added to the support list? I've adorned Snowing from the very beginning, and have been stalking this thread for a few months now. Tonight's episode finally motivated me to join in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreignlolly (View Post)
But, really, what sets Snow apart from Regina in all of this is the fact that where there is guilt there is consciousness. Regina feels like everything that she has done is justifiable, we never see her showing an ounce of regret, whereas Snow will probably live with that burden for the rest of her life.
I couldn’t agree more with this.

For me, this episode defined Snow as being solidly good. Every good character, especially one with morals, is going to be faced with trials and temptations -- especially after losing so much in the name of victory over evil. For me, it's not the choice but the reaction to said choice that reveals the depths of what's inside a person's heart. Cora may have thought that Snow doing wrong would cripple her and tear her away from her mother's teachings, but she failed to see the big picture. Snow showed clear guilt and remorse. In the immediate aftermath, she regretted her choice and tried to undo it, intending to stop Regina from putting the cursed heart into Cora.

This is where Snow differs from the dark characters. Cora...Rumple...Regina. They've never shown genuine remorse for their choices, which have had higher death tolls and grander consequences than Snow's. They've always felt justified, and have always been quick to blame someone else for what they did with their own free will. Here, Snow is blaming no one but herself. She tried to convince herself that her actions were justified, because let's face it -- Cora was the epitome of evil. She was the catalyst for so many of the events to befall Snow. That perceived justification enabled Snow to take things so far, but she ultimately realized that there was no justification for murder. Her grappling with the aftermath will, I think, make her a much stronger person in the end...and her strength will help good win, whenever the battle between good versus evil comes to a head.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
It wasn't a matter of making the right choice, it was her only choice once Regina showed up.
The problem with that is I honestly think she anticipated Regina turning up. Otherwise that's some seriously quick thinking. I had wondered how on earth else was she going to get close enough to Cora to shove her heart back in, and then Regina showed up.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I do realise they needed to get rid of Cora and I do realise that Regina and Cora have both done despicable, terrible things to Snow and the Charmings (new band name anyone?) in general but I'm just not happy with what Snow did. I am very interested in where this goes though.

Also, IS LISTENING TO RUMPLESTILTSKIN EVER A GOOD IDEA?! No!
I am not exactly comfortable with it either, but Regina walked in on Snow in the crypt as she was drying to leave. Essentially she then had the choice to either give up her plan or use Regina and salvage it. She chose to use Regina and quite clearly regretted it immediately afterwards and even rant to stop it.

She was in a rather lose-lose situation by then. If she had handed the heart over to Regina without that manipulation then Cora would have become the dark one and as Snow had overheard, was planning on killing everyone she loves. So it isn't just what they'd already done but what she had overheard them planning to do. She'll feel incredibly guilty over this, but that means she still has a conscience and is a good thing in the long run.

Rumpel totally helped set it up though, I agree.

Quote:
The problem with that is I honestly think she anticipated Regina turning up. Otherwise that's some seriously quick thinking. I had wondered how on earth else was she going to get close enough to Cora to shove her heart back in, and then Regina showed up.
She was thinking on her feet there. Writer for the episode confirmed it. Wasn't planned.

ETA:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmAttack (View Post)
Hi, everyone! Can I please be added to the support list? I've adorned Snowing from the very beginning, and have been stalking this thread for a few months now. Tonight's episode finally motivated me to join in. .
Hey CharmAttack! Welcome to the thread, really happy to see you join in. And thanks for your post - I agree. I am also quite interested to see where this takes Snow. If she gets through this and manages to live with what she's done while still feeling bad for it, I also think she'll be a stronger person.

Last edited by Miss Cam; 03-10-2013 at 09:04 PM
Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

If it wasn't planned, then I am less unhappy! I really had thought she'd planned the entire thing and that was both impressive and really disturbing.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rumple knew what was going to happen though. He's the man behind the curtain for all of Storybrooke really. I am now really worried about what Snow is going to do to HERSELF because of her guilty conscience. Next week is going to be very interesting. And probably depressing.

Update on now-obsessed-with-OUAT-friend: "I can totally watch 25 episodes in the next week to be caught up" Heh. Yes.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
If it wasn't planned, then I am less unhappy! I really had thought she'd planned the entire thing and that was both impressive and really disturbing.

It wouldn't surprise me if Rumple knew what was going to happen though. He's the man behind the curtain for all of Storybrooke really. I am now really worried about what Snow is going to do to HERSELF because of her guilty conscience. Next week is going to be very interesting. And probably depressing.

Update on now-obsessed-with-OUAT-friend: "I can totally watch 25 episodes in the next week to be caught up" Heh. Yes.
No, definitely wasn't planned.

But yeah, I worry about what Snow is going to do to herself over this too. That's why I really hope Charming will be there for her because she'll need it. (Emma too obviously, but Emma doesn't know her as well as he does.)

At least we don't have an hiatus so it is indeed next week that will be interesting and potentially depressing. Oh, show. The things you put my babies through.

Your friend is great - I hope she manages to get through all the episodes to be caught up
Old 03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

That makes me much happier. I can deal with all of this as long as it wasn't as premeditated as I apparently thought.

He will be there. He's Charming, he has to be. I just hope she's in a state where she can actually listen to him (and/or rational thought) although by the promo it doesn't look like it. I am so glad there's not a hiatus before next week!

She will. She's been totally sucked in by the sounds of things. Plus she managed all five seasons of Alias over a three week exam period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
No, definitely wasn't planned.

But yeah, I worry about what Snow is going to do to herself over this too. That's why I really hope Charming will be there for her because she'll need it. (Emma too obviously, but Emma doesn't know her as well as he does.)

At least we don't have an hiatus so it is indeed next week that will be interesting and potentially depressing. Oh, show. The things you put my babies through.

Your friend is great - I hope she manages to get through all the episodes to be caught up
Old 03-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But, really, what sets Snow apart from Regina in all of this is the fact that where there is guilt there is consciousness. Regina feels like everything that she has done is justifiable, we never see her showing an ounce of regret, whereas Snow will probably live with that burden for the rest of her life.
Im so glad you said this, I could not scramble my brain at how to conclude each actions, Regina has not been remorseful is true and Snow clinching her head as in what have I done, she even tried to stop it, Snow will def have a hard time putting this behind her while Regina will be ready for war, not sure what David can do to ease this.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmAttack (View Post)
Hi, everyone! Can I please be added to the support list? I've adorned Snowing from the very beginning, and have been stalking this thread for a few months now. Tonight's episode finally motivated me to join in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Finally Snow is a true hero. She had to make a choice that tore her up inside to save the day and earn the villian's wrath. I'm a fan, can my name be on the list? Please, Thank You.
Welcome You both are added now

Quote:
Agree 100%!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
That makes me much happier. I can deal with all of this as long as it wasn't as premeditated as I apparently thought.

He will be there. He's Charming, he has to be. I just hope she's in a state where she can actually listen to him (and/or rational thought) although by the promo it doesn't look like it. I am so glad there's not a hiatus before next week!
I'm glad there is no hiatus as well! Ick, that would have been evil. And I suspect in the immidiate aftermath of this Snow will probably be a little lost, but Chamring being there for her over time will hopefully start bringing her back to a better place. This is going to take a lot of time, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IScream4Dean (View Post)
Snow will def have a hard time putting this behind her while Regina will be ready for war, not sure what David can do to ease this.
Over time I think he'll help her learn to live with it, but yeah, Snow is going to struggle with this. Such a tragedy - Cora taking out her own heart had some dire consequences for herself, her daughter and everyone else in the long run.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
I'm glad there is no hiatus as well! Ick, that would have been evil. And I suspect in the immidiate aftermath of this Snow will probably be a little lost, but Chamring being there for her over time will hopefully start bringing her back to a better place. This is going to take a lot of time, I think.
I really hope so too.

Even if I don't like this storyline 100% I'm looking forward to see how Charming will be there for Snow..
Old 03-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Elite Fan

I just hate it and didn't enjoy it. I just wish she let Charming kill Regina a long time ago when they had a chance.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Snow is going to beat herself up over this. I hope she doesn't push Charming away
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 03-11-2013, 06:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
Snow is going to beat herself up over this. I hope she doesn't push Charming away
Yeah, she will And if she push him away, he has to come back everytime.