Old 10-15-2012, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Think so too

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

Our princess front is off to a good start and when everyone returns to FTL, it's going to be great to see all of them fight faster and tougher then all the princes. They will beat Regina and all the evil of FTL and the princes will all be shocked.

Princess Front FTW
Old 10-15-2012, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakls (View Post)
I really don't get the hate Aurora has been getting, hopefully this ep will put a stop to it.
I think Snow knew her, but she still considered Snow the murderer of her beloved.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I really don't get the hate Aurora has been getting, hopefully this ep will put a stop to it.
I don't either. I fell in love with her right away
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 10-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandGabby (View Post)
I don't either. I fell in love with her right away
I think we should have been shown Emma & Snow waking up in FTL and realising what happened. We haven't seen the situation with the wraith coming through the portal being explained to Mulan or Aurora as well.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

"What kind of corset is this?"

Jeez, I can't stop laughing when I just think about that.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Total Fan

I think the Aurora hate comes from people who had already decided to hate the character no matter what.

I get not liking her, you can just not like someone for so many different reasons. But hate? Nothing she was done in the show merits hate. I've seen people call her passive (which she isn't) and weak (maybe physically but mentally she's been through alot in two days and she is still willing to help Snow and Mulan now) but she is been barely on and her character hasn't even had that much time to develop.

I think people are just using Aurora as an avatar for what they hate about the old Disney princess tales and the views on women during those times.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Aurora was not a saint, but a spoiled princess. I think if Snow hadn't kicked her quick and hard in her belly, she would not have put thrown her tantrum on the mother who was promoted into the refugees' new leader.
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Total Fan

I think Aurora was coming off a great deal of emotions and feelings. What she has been through is not easy.

I think to myself: What if suddendly I fall asleep, have many terrible nightmares that make me relive my regrets over and over, woke up in Somalia, see my boyfriend die at the hands of some beast, am told this is all that is left of the world so I don't get to see friends and family or my home anymore and all that I have left is a bunch of strangers that don't trust their own shadow. This is my life now, will I be thinking clearly in the next day? Or would I want to curl into a ball and just hope for everything to go away?

I think people are underestimating the kind of trauma that Aurora has gone through. She wasn't in her right mind this episode but she seems to be handling things better now.

In another related note, I've also seen many adverse reactions to Emma for this episode. It seems that the good girls can't make mistakes or be affected by their sorroundings, they are either perfect badasses or they are critiziced to death .
Old 10-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Elite Fan

^ Exactly Physical strength is not the only type of strength and I think not a lot of value is placed on being mentally strong imo. I thought Emma handled herself pretty well considering, the sneak peeks made the situation look worse than what it actually was. I'm glad we got the little Emma/Aurora moments, I think they can relate to each other in a way.

http://everthehero.tumblr.com/post/33588895442

Last edited by Jakls; 10-15-2012 at 08:14 PM
Old 10-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vega_ (View Post)
I think Aurora was coming off a great deal of emotions and feelings. What she has been through is not easy.

I think to myself: What if suddendly I fall asleep, have many terrible nightmares that make me relive my regrets over and over, woke up in Somalia, see my boyfriend die at the hands of some beast, am told this is all that is left of the world so I don't get to see friends and family or my home anymore and all that I have left is a bunch of strangers that don't trust their own shadow. This is my life now, will I be thinking clearly in the next day? Or would I want to curl into a ball and just hope for everything to go away?

I think people are underestimating the kind of trauma that Aurora has gone through. She wasn't in her right mind this episode but she seems to be handling things better now.

In another related note, I've also seen many adverse reactions to Emma for this episode. It seems that the good girls can't make mistakes or be affected by their sorroundings, they are either perfect badasses or they are critiziced to death .
Quote:
^ Exactly Physical strength is not the only type of strength and I think not a lot of value is placed on being mentally strong imo. I thought Emma handled herself pretty well considering, the sneak peeks made the situation look worse than what it actually was. I'm glad we got the little Emma/Aurora moments, I think they can relate to each other in a way.

agree 100%
GabbyTumblr & Twitter ღ Icon by me
Old 10-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Total Fan

I love the art .
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful art!
Old 10-15-2012, 11:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _vega_ (View Post)

Thanks for your analysis! But there's one thing that puzzles me: While Snow carried bow and arrows, Emma looked unarmed as Aurora had no idea about what a gun was, so why she chose Snow to serve her "justice"? Emma would've been a target that was easier for her to kill.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Beautiful art

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream