Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry some of you guys had to read that. I'm more of a multishipper. I watch the show for a lot of ships, including Rumbelle.

We really shouldn't care about what anyone says about our ship. We should just enjoy what we've got with them.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I'm more of a multishipper. I watch the show for a lot of ships, including Rumbelle.

We really shouldn't care about what anyone says about our ship. We should just enjoy what we've got with them.
It wasn't what was said about the ship or Rumple that bothers me. It was the deliberate attempt to insult a fan and invalidate their opinion. To tell a person they are acting like an eight yr old, and just sounding mean to them is wrong.

Last edited by Rhonwen; 04-22-2013 at 06:17 AM
Old 04-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Elite Fan

We can't control what other people say to us. It's unfortunately how the internet is. Sometimes stuff gets silly in fandom. And the best thing to do is ignore people who can't do anything better than to insult other fans. Or in the case of a message board, tell a mod.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
We can't control what other people say to us. It's unfortunately how the internet is. Sometimes stuff gets silly in fandom. And the best thing to do is ignore people who can't do anything better than to insult other fans. Or in the case of a message board, tell a mod.
You are right. It's tiring really. I hate a of things that Rumple has done. But its a tv show, so we can like extreme characters and forgive them because it is only a show.

Thanks I won't let that poster upset me.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Elite Fan

I'm not crazy about some of the things Rumple did. But I honestly don't think I would find him such an intriguing character if it weren't for his darkness, and his need to still have love in this life, whether it be from Bae or from Belle.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Rumbelle's manhunt for Robin Hood was a cheerful installment for character development, but I was disappointed at both of their counterparts in SB. The distance between them was longer than ever, and all of that sheer devastation that tortured Gold was ascribed on Regina who always stood in the way of their love.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:58 AM
Loyal Fan

So......

I hate to admit in a Rumbelle episode my favorite scene was between Emma and Neal, but it's true.

We all knew that Rumple was twisted, and I can see this episode being fodder for all the "Stockholm syndrome" (which I've already heard bandied about) people, but I did like him saving Robin and Marian. It reinforces that even Rumple has a line he doesn't cross. I could make a comment about Regina and the "True North" episode last season *cough*bones*cough* but I'll refrain. Don't want to drag another character's foibles into this thread.

I will say that the room they were in looked different than the Great Hall in Skin Deep. Was it the same as the curtain room from last season? I just assumed it was different. It wasn't expansive. So my take was that removing the curtains in the Great Hall would have been totally different than a smaller room. Maybe she started there and made her way around the castle.

I do have to say, I think Lacey will never leave us completely. Even when Belle's memories return, Lacey will be there underneath, like Mary Margaret is with Snow and all the others in Storybrooke. She's going to change her character a little bit. She's now in the "We are Both" category, or will be once she gets her memories back. As much as I love Belle, she was a bit unworldly. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but Lacey will end up giving Belle those polished corners that the rest of the characters got as a result of the curse. So when we get our Belle back, I think we'll still see peaks of Lacey from now on. I feel in the long run this may be beneficial for the Rumbelle relationship, even though I dislike Lacey at the moment.

Last edited by Josephine77; 04-22-2013 at 07:04 AM
Old 04-22-2013, 07:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Have been too busy to post but just want to say that I absolutely loved this episode and even managed to watch it twice. The hospital scene was beautiful - more so than I ever expected and both Bobby and Emilie were fantastic. I loved the development of the Belle/Rumple backstory and how she kept seeing good in him no matter how much he tried to deny or hide it. And I actually do like Lacey and how she's going to make Gold struggle with his demons. The last scene was upsetting to some extent, but not shocking in light of what Gold has been through. When Lacey comes upon him beating Keith, it's almost the first time that we see Gold being completely honest with her. She confronts him, asking him to admit that everything she's heard about him is true. He hesitates, probably almost hating himself at that point for succumbing to his darkness so that she has now witnessed it, and then half resignedly and half yes this is the real me, admits that it's all true. That to me was his first step in being honest with her and therefore the beginning of his chance to make a true connection with her, not just one based on her attraction to his bad boy persona. I can't wait to see how this all plays out knowing full well that Gold needs and wants Belle and will ultimately do what it takes to get her back.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

The thing I really didn't like, besides the beating at the end, was that he apparently knew she was being drugged in the hospital for weeks and only came to her when he really needed her to get his son back. I'm really disappointed in the writers for that one. I wish that had been explained or written differently. Other than that I loved their conversation at the hospital and how worried he was when she wasn't there.

Other than that, I loved the episode and especially the FTL moments at the end, were wonderful. And while I don't like him beating so hard on "Keith" I understood where he was coming from. That guy was just vile for wanting him to give him Belle for the night back in FTL.

I also loved when Rumple turned around and Belle was right there close to him and he was flustered.

And I noticed that he was sleeping on the same side of the bed that Belle had been when she had her dream. Thought that was a nice touch.

Last edited by Belleislove; 04-22-2013 at 07:43 AM
Old 04-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Loyal Fan

For anyone who's interested in voting for Rumbelle: Once Upon a Time Ship Bracket: Vote for Your Favorite Couple! — Week 2 - Once Upon a Time

They're up against Snow/Charming and are way behind.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Rhowena, I went to the episode discussion board and addressed what those posters said. I wasn't sure if you were going back there, and I wanted to thank you, so I am going to repost what I said here. Also, I would report it, but I don't know who the moderators are for that thread. Does anyone know? Anyway, her is my response:

Thanks Rhowena!
I was the poster who was called an eight year old, and I really wish I was, being 39 years old! Thanks for the compliment! I am taking it as one, because I refuse to let baiters get to me!: Anyway, This poster said I defended Rumple, or what was it...made excuses for him? Sorry, I am mentally in the third grade according to that poster, so I am still learning vocabulary, but wouldn't that poster be... I don't know, telling a falsehood, because I didn't defend Rumple, or make excuses for him! Okay,
I had my fun, so I am going to get serious now. I was raised to know the difference between right and wrong, and I was also raised in a religious environment where we do not judge lest we be judged, and learn to forgive those who hurt us. Regina's evil actions, like I said before stem from an abusive childhood, and a desperate need to be loved...look at what she did to Owen and her dad. That is not an excuse, it is an explaination. Regina and Rumple were good people at first, pre dark one and pre losing your fiance because your mother is a cold-blooded murderer! Rumple was cursed by the dark one because he wanted to save his son from war, and he paid big time. Regina has also paid big time as well. Snow is a good person, and it shows because of her regret over Cora. She chose her family over the witches who tried to kill them all! She went against her nature to do that and it shook her to the core. I also believe that both Regina and Rumple regret what they did. I believe that Regina loves Henry, and he loves her. Rumple's dream about Henry is just that, a nightmare. he didn't wake up gleefully saying I am going to kill Henry! he was horrified, and he needed Belle to reassure him that he won't give into his dark side. The curse still lingers in him, because using the dagger will still control him, but it doesn't completly overtake him anymore. he has regained his conscious to a point, but like Regina said, who is going to help and support him staying on the straight and narrow? That is why she went after Belle, out of spite and jealousy. She wanted to take away his support system. She wanted him to give into his dark side. Which sucks for her, because if he gives into his dark side and kills her Henry...well you get where I am going with this. Rumple was right that Regina doesn't know him. Belle and Bae do.

As to Regina, she is desperate to keep Henry, and Henry does love her, but he is still stuck in black and white mode. He will grow out of that. As to Henry wanting to ask Rumple what he should call him, I think Henry was trying to endear himself to him, because of the threat and hoping that he won't hurt his grandson. Much good that threat did, since no one looked after Belle anyway. I still think he made that threat because he doesn't know how to ask for help, and Belle is one of his loved ones. He believes that you have to control people through fear. Yes he was wrong to make that threat, just as Regina was wrong to do what she did.

Finally, Henry is not a hypocrit, and you should stop picking on him! He is a child. He froze Emma out when he found out she lied to him, so he is not just cold to Regina. He loves Regina, but he doesn't trust her. She was going to cast a spell on Henry to make him love her in case you forgot, and she threatened his loved ones too! Do you honestly expect a child faced with this woman to not be leery of her? Regina needs to prove herself to Henry by not killing his family. She says she loves him, but if she kills his loved ones, that is not love, it is OBSESSION! Also maybe Henry is less leery of Rumple because he helped him. I don't think he knows what really happened to Cora, so maybe that is why he is not chewing out Snow. Henry blames things on magic, that is why he tried to destroy it. He did that because if his mother couldn't use magic, she would be good again. That is proof that he loves Regina. he was also against killing her, and wanted to give her a second chance. Bottom line, he loves her, he doesn't love what she does. He also has at this point a strong moral compass, but he has yet to learn that it isn't all black and white like fairytales.

One last thing, to the posters who called me an eight year old, maybe you should take a 1st grade reading class and learn how to comprehend things, because you were totally off the mark about me defending Rumple, and about Rumbellers being hypocrits for accusing Regina and Hook fans of making excuses, because no where in my original post did I do either of those things. I love Regina and Rumple and I am rooting for their redemptions! Regina had a relapse and now Rumple is having one. Hopefully, Rumple will be able to bring out the goodness in Lacey and restore her memories back. In order to do that, Lacey has to fall in love with him, and unfortunately she likes bad boys. That is not an excuse, just fact. Maybe Adam and Eddy wanted to have Rumple find the goodness within Lacey, as she found it within him in fairy tale land. Besides the story isn't over yet, so we don't know what will happen. they may all have to team up in the end. You guys can give up on the show if you want, your loss, but I am excited to see how everything pans out!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan_RCFan (View Post)
For anyone who's interested in voting for Rumbelle: Once Upon a Time Ship Bracket: Vote for Your Favorite Couple! — Week 2 - Once Upon a Time

They're up against Snow/Charming and are way behind.
voted they are at 48% now
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Grace, idk what happened but ignore them. That's just rude to say that to someone just because we're defending our fav character. Seriously, were entitled to our opinions and have every right to defend if we want to

Robert Carlyle | JGL | Nathan Fillion | T. Hiddles
(´∀`) vote Carlyle!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephine77 (View Post)
I do have to say, I think Lacey will never leave us completely. Even when Belle's memories return, Lacey will be there underneath, like Mary Margaret is with Snow and all the others in Storybrooke. She's going to change her character a little bit. She's now in the "We are Both" category, or will be once she gets her memories back. As much as I love Belle, she was a bit unworldly. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but Lacey will end up giving Belle those polished corners that the rest of the characters got as a result of the curse. So when we get our Belle back, I think we'll still see peaks of Lacey from now on. I feel in the long run this may be beneficial for the Rumbelle relationship, even though I dislike Lacey at the moment.
I think you’re right, they essentially killed Belle for good and for me this is the reason I will no longer watch the show. I’m sorry but I just can’t with the writers completely fridging her again and again to further Rumples storyline. They will use the ‘we are both’ version of Belle/Lacey as an excuse to have her darker and keep Gold where they want him instead of giving Belle and the couple actual character development. I still love the ship but I’m sticking with fic only unless I hear of some great improvement next Season. This one was a big let down on every level for me. I should have known when they glossed over everything that should have been on screen between Broken and the Crocodile.