Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 AM
Master Fan

yes she is!!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:04 AM
Master Fan

Okay, how bad was the Cora/Rumple stuff?

Is Cora dead for real?

Were they showing some heartbreaking love story for Cora/Rumpel, because I would hate that. What did Gold say to Belle?

Okay, I read back some more. Gold asked Cora if she loved him? Seriously? Doesn't that cheapen is his love for Belle. I don't understand Jane Espenson's tweets either. Why would they want people to even speculate that Gold might still love Cora? I'm just totally disgusted.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:10 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)

Is Cora dead for real?

Were they showing some heartbreaking love story for Cora/Rumpel, because I would hate that. What did Gold say to Belle?

Okay, I read back some more. Gold asked Cora if she loved him? Seriously? Doesn't that cheapen is his love for Belle. I don't understand Jane Espenson's tweets either. Why would they want people to even speculate that Gold might still love Cora? I'm just totally disgusted.
Don't be it's a fantastic episode that just reinforces all that is good about Rumbelle just watch it it's part of who Rumple is and if anything it will make you understand him more it made me appreciate Rumbelle even more but that's a personal matter I guess
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

Is Cora dead for real?

I didn't think the Cora and Rumple stuff was that bad, but YMMV.

Yes, Cora is dead for real. She is dead in present day SB, which is dead for all time from now on. She may still crop up in flashbacks though.

No, I don;t think Gold asking Cora if she really loved him cheapens his love for Belle. It was closure for him on an old relationship. He and Cora said they loved each other and kissed several times, but nothing happened. Rumple and Belle kissed once, and his curse started breaking.

No one has ever said that you cannot have other loves in your life, but not all loves are True Loves. Rumple and Belle have True Love. Rumple and Cora didn't. It's pretty much as simple as that.

I said some of this on the ep discussion thread, but I think it bears repeating:

I loved the phone call between Rumple and Belle, because I think it did a great job of highlighting the difference between him loving Cora, and him loving Belle. With Cora, is was pretty much about power and hate and lust. With Belle, it was about respect, and trust, and genuine caring.

Cora was already hurt and powerless in her life, and that was something Rumple understood all too well. Their relationship was always going to be doomed. A mutual interest in destroying those who insulted and humiliated them is not a solid basis for a lasting relationship!

Belle, on the other hand, saw he was lonely and hurting, and wanted to help him. She wanted him to be a better man, not for her sake, but because he was so unhappy with the way he was. She wanted him to be happy, which was also why she so fully supported him looking for Bae.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 03-11-2013, 04:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Is Cora dead for real?

Cora and Rumple relationship was more the act or shared darkness and lust. No real love. That's what I gathered from seeing them Cora manipulated Rumple and kept changing their contracts offering love to a lonely isolated man.
At one point he's waiting for her so they can run off and be together and she informs him no.. its sad because another woman didn't think he was good enough to be with.
So I can see him asking Cora out of curiosity if she ever loved him. Remember too at some point before Cora was sent through the mirror and after they parted ways they must have met up again. Since Regina talks to Rumple during the hamburger date and mentions something about how their was a fight and Cora almost won.
Really the whole episode shows how much Belle's love is real and forever. It makes Rumbelle more special then ever.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
I didn't think the Cora and Rumple stuff was that bad, but YMMV.

Yes, Cora is dead for real. She is dead in present day SB, which is dead for all time from now on. She may still crop up in flashbacks though.

No, I don;t think Gold asking Cora if she really loved him cheapens his love for Belle. It was closure for him on an old relationship. He and Cora said they loved each other and kissed several times, but nothing happened. Rumple and Belle kissed once, and his curse started breaking.

No one has ever said that you cannot have other loves in your life, but not all loves are True Loves. Rumple and Belle have True Love. Rumple and Cora didn't. It's pretty much as simple as that.

I said some of this on the ep discussion thread, but I think it bears repeating:

I loved the phone call between Rumple and Belle, because I think it did a great job of highlighting the difference between him loving Cora, and him loving Belle. With Cora, is was pretty much about power and hate and lust. With Belle, it was about respect, and trust, and genuine caring.

Cora was already hurt and powerless in her life, and that was something Rumple understood all too well. Their relationship was always going to be doomed. A mutual interest in destroying those who insulted and humiliated them is not a solid basis for a lasting relationship!

Belle, on the other hand, saw he was lonely and hurting, and wanted to help him. She wanted him to be a better man, not for her sake, but because he was so unhappy with the way he was. She wanted him to be happy, which was also why she so fully supported him looking for Bae.
Okay. I appreciate your points of view. And of course I didn't see it but just the idea of him giving a speech to Belle and then asking Cora if she loved him really rubs me the wrong way. I'm not sure the writers get how much people love Rumbelle if they did this. But we'll see.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 AM
Elite Fan

Belle -- an amnesiac one -- was choking and sobbing on the phone all. It also brought my tears out when I watched that scene.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Okay. I appreciate your points of view. And of course I didn't see it but just the idea of him giving a speech to Belle and then asking Cora if she loved him really rubs me the wrong way. I'm not sure the writers get how much people love Rumbelle if they did this. But we'll see.
You need to watch it. It really isn't as bad as it sounds. She's the ex he had a really bad break up with, before going on to meet the love of his life. That's all.

๑۩۞۩๑ . . . Join us on the Robert Carlyle Campaign Thread!. . . ๑۩۞۩๑
Old 03-11-2013, 04:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiorjiina (View Post)
You need to watch it. It really isn't as bad as it sounds. She's the ex he had a really bad break up with, before going on to meet the love of his life. That's all.
That really is all it was.. it was barely noticeable.

New title idea?
You're a beautiful woman who loved an ugly man. Really, really loved me
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 AM
Master Fan

You know, I watched it very late last night........and I didn't think it was that bad at all.

First, I realize now that what Gold actually said to Cora was that he had a vision (clearly he means a long time ago, probably right after Cora) about this day coming, but the vision didn't tell him (then) what he wanted to know: whether she loved him. He was referring to then, not now.

Their mutual love for power and, in a sense, revenge, drove their love - and that was destructive to Rumple for he still had a heart and he did and still wants love. What he wanted and needed was real and honest love; what he got with Cora was a twisted love that depended on their need for hate. He did not know what REAL love was until he met Belle and so everything that happens in Skin Deep later on is genuine and true.

HATE fueled Rumple's magic, but now LOVE fuels Gold's. Gold is full of love. Why? Because of Belle.

Isn't it interesting that even though he searched 300 years for Bae, that Gold in his dying moments felt it more important to reach out to Belle than to Bae, who was right there in front of him and who remembered him?

Almost in Belle's honor. Gold doesn't want any vengeance anymore - see the promo with Regina; it's so different from Broken. He's trying to see that it's not the right way to go. Belle's influence is remarkable.

The spinning wheel scene? Eh, it was fine, but can you imagine what Bobby and Emilie would do with something like that or with half of that? They would convey more passion, love and desire that we can imagine.

When Gold says that Belle really, really loved him, it means SO much more now boecause he finally has found someone who truly loves him and he can accept it.

One line I loved was "Your mother did you no favors" because it's so clear that Gold understands love and is truly full of it (love, that is, lol). Love is not a weakness, as Cora has said, it's a strength - and because of Belle, he knows this.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 03-11-2013 at 05:18 AM
Old 03-11-2013, 05:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
You know, I watched it very late last night........and I didn't think it was that bad at all.

First, I realize now that what Gold actually said to Cora was that he had a vision (clearly he means a long time ago, probably right after Cora) about this day coming, but the vision didn't tell him (then) what he wanted to know: whether she loved him. He was referring to then, not now.

Their mutual love for power and, in a sense, revenge, drove their love - and that was destructive to Rumple for he still had a heart and he did and still wants love. What he wanted and needed was real and honest love; what he got with Cora was a twisted love that depended on their need for hate. He did not know what REAL love was until he met Belle and so everything that happens in Skin Deep later on is genuine and true.

HATE fueled Rumple's magic, but now LOVE fuels Gold's. Gold is full of love. Why? Because of Belle.

Isn't it interesting that even though he searched 300 years for Bae, that Gold in his dying moments felt it more important to reach out to Belle than to Bae, who was right there in front of him and who remembered him?

Almost in Belle's honor. Gold doesn't want any vengeance anymore - see the promo with Regina; it's so different from Broken. He's trying to see that it's not the right way to go. Belle's influence is remarkable.

The spinning wheel scene? Eh, it was fine, but can you imagine what Bobby and Emilie would do with something like that or with half of that? They would convey more passion, love and desire that we can imagine.

When Gold says that Belle really, really loved him, it means SO much more now boecause he finally has found someone who truly loves him and he can accept it.

One line I loved was "Your mother did you no favors" because it's so clear that Gold understands love and is truly full of it (love, that is, lol). Love is not a weakness, as Cora has said, it's a strength - and because of Belle, he knows this.
Agree with all of this one thing though I know someone (you?) said that it was sad that we got the Cora/Rumple spinning wheel scene and not the Rumbelle scene while I agree that Robert/Emilie have more chemistry I think I kind of prefer it this way it was established for scene one that Cora/Rumple was more about lust and not love and i for one wouldn't want to have seen scene like that with Rumbelle for the reason that if he did that with Cora already I would not want him to do the same with Belle. Not meaning that Rumbelle shouldn't have love scenes or sensual senses because they should (like right NOW, right now would be good lol) but this was about lust and I don't think Rumbelle is about lust and just imagine the fans comparing this scene to a similar Rumbelle scene no thank you just my opinon though
Old 03-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mara_1987 (View Post)
Agree with all of this one thing though I know someone (you?) said that it was sad that we got the Cora/Rumple spinning wheel scene and not the Rumbelle scene while I agree that Robert/Emilie have more chemistry I think I kind of prefer it this way it was established for scene one that Cora/Rumple was more about lust and not love and i for one wouldn't want to have seen scene like that with Rumbelle for the reason that if he did that with Cora already I would not want him to do the same with Belle. Not meaning that Rumbelle shouldn't have love scenes or sensual senses because they should (like right NOW, right now would be good lol) but this was about lust and I don't think Rumbelle is about lust and just imagine the fans comparing this scene to a similar Rumbelle scene no thank you just my opinon though
Well they deleted that "infamous" scene because there was WAY too much lust and love and passion for what SD was aiming for.

If we can get that from C/R, then surely we have honest love/passionate scenes coming up.........there have to.

I agree with you.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:38 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Well they deleted that "infamous" scene because there was WAY too much lust and love and passion for what SD was aiming for.

If we can get that from C/R, then surely we have honest love/passionate scenes coming up.........there have to.
All good things come to those who wait dearie seriously though they have to give us a good love scene of some sort it just has to happen I mean after everything that they have established that Rumbelle is they have to give us something good
Old 03-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

I'll get the new thread started..
Can someone link the new thread here? I'm at work and don't want to use the computer again for that

Last edited by Rhonwen; 03-11-2013 at 06:00 AM
Old 03-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

NEW THREAD

I was in my new house placing daydreams
-------Patching up the crack along the wall
→ Jessica | creative dream