Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
We're shippers. Sorrow and pain are our plight in life.
^ yep. The amount of pain and sorrow we go through I've lost so many couples not even funny the only ones that we're endgame for me were: Clark & Lois and Jack & Kate all the others zippo

Those gifs of Skin Deep & The outsider reminded me of this song:

It's so them: He loved her for 30 years and she loved him too, even if she didn't remember his memory was always in the back of her mind and of course they'll love each other for a thousand years more.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candygirl9890 (View Post)
We're shippers. Sorrow and pain are our plight in life.
I guess I should have bought that share in Kleenex when I had the chance, lol

Quote:
I think it was you that mentioned earlier.
Belle and Gold at the town line. Her smile, her love and happiness for him. It was selfless, She loves him so purely. And in the moment you see his look, and understands what it means to love that purely, that selflessly. He loves her at the moment more than he ever realized.

That moment was taken away from them a moment later.
But in the hospital and as we know later on the purity and honesty of their love will win out.

I think that's what makes this sorrow and pain so beautiful. Even through all this the love is strong and undeniable.
''

Yep, all that.

Their devotion to each other is supremely touching and magnificent. Gold cherished her memory every day, every hour of his existence since she left him (and then when he thought she'd died) and Belle fought with all her heart to find her way back to him. She has fought for him every day, insisting to him that he IS good, that he can be that man again. He listened to her. Belle pleaded with him to see that man inside himself and he, on the ship, listened to her - he heard her in his heart and despite all his anger, he made the human choice. Remember that look on his face as she's pleading? That pained look? He wants SO badly for her to be right, but he's fighting himself.......yet in the end, he chose to believe Belle and her belief in him.

The fact that she can show such support for him as he searches for his son, that she can truly feel his joy and relief, is astonishing to him I think. When she retrieves that shawl for him, I think that did it. He said it in the car: without Belle, the shawl would have been lost and so would he. His journey is their journey and he couldn't, wouldn't have it any other way.

Gold SO desperately wanted Belle to go with him and I think that's what made it even easier for Belle to stay, knowing that in his heart, he truly wanted her to go, wanted her by his side. People who say that this is an unhealthy relationship are nuts, lol. They are together always even when physically apart and that's what Belle implied with her comment.

You could see Gold smile a sort of sad smile (because she wasn't going with him), then sigh as they leaned in to kiss.

Wow.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

He definitely fell more in love with her than ever before in that moment... You can see it in his expression the thought that this young woman loves him so desperately, with everything she has, so purely and that despite everything he's done she still believes in him and that she's genuinely happy for him amazes him and makes him love her more than more

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-27-2013, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
He definitely fell more in love with her than ever before in that moment... You can see it in his expression the thought that this young woman loves him so desperately, with everything she has, so purely and that despite everything he's done she still believes in him and that she's genuinely happy for him amazes him and makes him love her more than more
He's loved her so purely and intensely since not long into Skin Deep; the fact that he replaced the Holy Grail with the cup, cherishing that cup for decades speaks to a level of devotion that's incredibly rare.

Yes. This. Poor Gold, he was SO desperate NOT to be separated from Belle; his shouting to her just gets me right in the gut everytime.

You're not a monster
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM
Supreme Fan

^That scene was so heartbreaking. Gold was so worried.
All you'll have is an empty heart and a chipped cup
She's gone forever. She's never coming back. And it's your fault
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM
Passionate Fan

They are part of each other. I think this video speaks of that.

Credit: FateTragicLove's channel - YouTube
Old 01-27-2013, 07:26 PM
Supreme Fan

^Such a beautiful video. Thank you for posting.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT! And thanks for posting the gifs.

I think I noticed what was going wrong to Rumbelle when I rewatched "Brother". Nonetheless, Gold became a stranger to Belle, but we meet strangers everyday and we don't usually scream to them like a maniac or hurl a cup against the wall, even if that stranger is obsessively, zealously making you believe in his words. It would be inappropriate to treat a visitor without manners when you're lying in bed alone in hospital. The problem was MAGIC, by which Gold cured the injury on Belle's shoulder, yet freaking her out. Though Belle didn't remember anything, fear to such supernatural power remained in her subconscious. When Bae's knee was bruised, the boy preferred to let the wound heal in a natural way rather than taking a shortcut with his father's glowing hand, Belle might be thinking of it in the same way, as she had seen this "magician" conjuring up a fire ball in his grasp. The situation was exacerbated when Gold tried to recover Belle's memory by letting her focus on Chip that he had charmed. First, Belle was confused without any idea of the cup's significance to her. Dramatically, when Gold mentioned that word, Belle instantly frowned at it and walled him off, pushing him away in rejection of anything related to MAGIC, and with a surge of trepidation running through her spine, she shatter'd it in bid to get away of him. Emma was right. He made a bad first impression to his girl. I'm not blaming him, just pointing out this little detail.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

^ exactly what I thought when i saw him using magic on her: "bad move Rumple". He scared the *&(*& out of her since she has no idea what that is now; "Magic comes at a price" and now it's going to be hard for him to break that horrible first impression he left on her but he will...

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-27-2013, 08:16 PM
Elite Fan

By the way, did Greg see it? The fireball? Gold thought he did, but I wish he hadn't.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

I think he did because he was right behind them when the fireball was conjured up and unconscious when Rumple healed Belle.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Watched the ep again - love how he immediately releases his cane and absorbs her fall in his arms, as if forgetting about his injury. Despite his bad leg, he was able to roll her out of the way of an oncoming car - that hit Hook - only wished that it had backed up over Hook, too.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 01-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Watched the ep again - love how he immediately releases his cane and absorbs her fall in his arms, as if forgetting about his injury. Despite his bad leg, he was able to roll her out of the way of an oncoming car - that hit Hook - only wished that it had backed up over Hook, too.
I noticed that too. He fought through the pain in order to protect Belle.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Beautiful video.
"Love makes us sick. Haunts our dreams. Destroys our days"
Old 01-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
I just watched the Outsider and Brother again (Rumbelle scenes)......In those moments, nothing was more important than catching and then protecting Belle. Gold had no thought for his own infirmity or his own safety; everyone almost forgets the fact that he saved her life by rolling on top of her and out of the way. I'm surprised she doesn't remember that.

When motivated by love, people often find superhuman strength to do things they don't think possible. Gold actually moved extremely well and very cat-like in those scenes - but then again, he would have given his life for Belle and his adrenaline was rushing through him.

Yes definitely, Belle's heart rate went up slightly as he neared, fluctuated as he bent over her and absolutely went up after he kissed her. I just love that kiss so much.......