Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Well the whole "magic comes with a price" excuse was not used to explain Neal's death, not even in interviews. A&E made it about ending the cycle of cowardice, which I don't buy but whatever.

I definitely want more Neal/Bae flashbacks and/or maybe a dream sequence or two. I would take more Neal/Rumple scenes any way I could get them. lol
Old 08-03-2014, 06:29 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I don't get the "break the cycle of cowardice" reason either. Because Rumple has gone right back to hiding behind his magic and lying to Belle.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I don't really think the cycle was broken either
Old 08-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

It's funny how when A/E say something about a character we don't always agree with it. I don't always agree with what they said about the characters either. So if what they say about one character we don't agree with, does that mean what they say about all we don't have to agree with too?

As for the cowardice. I never thought of Rumple as a coward. And I also don't see him as hiding behind anything. He's an addict, it's a problem, not the same. Hiding and lying is not an act of cowardice if the reason behind it is because of an underlying cause due to one's addiction not personality.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:51 AM
Elite Fan

Rumple clearly thinks of himself a coward at times. But I've always felt it was more... emotional cowardice, if that's a word. Like not daring to believe Belle would love him in 1x12 and stuff like that. Not daring to follow Bae into the bean portal.

His addiction to power/magic can also be partly motivated by fear, which might be why Rumple considers himself a coward.

Might be that remembering Neal and what Neal did will help Rumple in the long run. I sure hope so.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)
Rumple clearly thinks of himself a coward at times. But I've always felt it was more... emotional cowardice, if that's a word. Like not daring to believe Belle would love him in 1x12 and stuff like that. Not daring to follow Bae into the bean portal.

His addiction to power/magic can also be partly motivated by fear, which might be why Rumple considers himself a coward.

Might be that remembering Neal and what Neal did will help Rumple in the long run. I sure hope so.
All of that stems from the abuse and abandonment issues he has. Even Emma herself said that she runs away as a means of protecting herself, and no one calls her a coward. It's because of her trust issues very similar to Rumple's. I guess it all depends on how much you like/dislike a character into how much you're going to look into what has happened to them as behind what motivates them.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Cam (View Post)

I hope we see some of that in the future..

and Cam about Rumple thinking of himself as being an emotional coward... to me he never was a coward in the main sense of the word..
Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It might be my discussions in the St thread where we talked what would have happend if Neal came in s1 either instead of August or with him. Personally I am glad they waited s2 because I think Emma would have had a nervous breakdown given she was still adjusting to everything. I am glad she believed in the curse when she saw him.

However, I don't know about Neal and Gold who would you would approach first
Old 08-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Yeah am glad they waited too..

Possibly Neal..
Old 08-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I know, I wish they had more time together. I do wonder if at times they were aware that they were sharing the same life and ever "talked"
I don't know if they did. Rumple absorbed Neal but was he aware of his son after that? Not sure.

As to Neal and Rumple using dark magic, yes it was a mistake but can you blame them? Doing whatever it takes to reunite your family is an admirable trait.

I never saw Rumple or Neal as cowards.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now don't throw garbage but I believe Neal acted to hasty. He should gone in my opinion back to the liberary to research the price instead of using the key right away. He does get points in wanting to get back to his son, but he acted to fast IMO. I think the story might have better if we showed him try other methods like Rumple did with the bean
I have the same issues with the Charmings and the curse. I like 3b but some things were done to fast.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Now don't throw garbage but I believe Neal acted to hasty. He should gone in my opinion back to the liberary to research the price instead of using the key right away. He does get points in wanting to get back to his son, but he acted to fast IMO. I think the story might have better if we showed him try other methods like Rumple did with the bean
I have the same issues with the Charmings and the curse. I like 3b but some things were done to fast.
I agree. Instead of being considered a coward I'd place Rumple and Bae as more of a desperate , act on impulse men.

Rumple was desperate when he listened to the seer, it wasn't due to cowardice. He was desperate to do everything he could for his son, including becoming the Dark One thinking he could turn it towards good.

Bae was depserate to get to the son he just met and loved, to do what was right. To get back to Emma who he loves.

Plus we never throw garbage
Old 08-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Bae acted way to fast in getting his father back, it was in tunnel vision mode, even Belle knew he was being way to hasty
Old 08-05-2014, 02:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Well Neal had to act hastily, since A&E had to hurry up and get to the next part of the story, lol. That whole story arc was way too rushed. Neal deserved better than being killed off in the same episode in which he made his return. No Henry/Neal or Rumple/Neal bonding scenes was the biggest disappointment for me.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

It was rushed...we should have had more scenes of Bae in FTL before he died..