Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2018, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. He finally left the coward behind him, and I loved him doing something truly selfless for the greater good. He deserves his reward in seeing Belle and Bae again.
Old 05-19-2018, 03:48 AM
Master Fan

Perfect ending for Rumple. He was heartbreaking with the dream catcher. And finally he has his peace and HE. I loved, loved, loved what Regina said to him. Loved him giving his life for his best friend. What a hero he was. And he has earned his HE. I will miss him so much.
Old 05-19-2018, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Oh Rumple I will miss you so

Loved his scenes in the finale and the showdown with Wish Rumple , being the true hero that his is, knowing what has to be done, doing the right thing and now is at peace, he returned home
Old 05-19-2018, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

What also got me was how Rumple was physically drained, tired, weak - he could barely stand, sob - in fact, he almost looked like he was dying anyway... Belle made him stronger, sob, and he found that strength within him, God, I’m so proud of him
Old 05-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Our Hero

source
Old 05-19-2018, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

dp..

Last edited by crazy_diamond; 05-19-2018 at 01:26 PM
Old 05-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

How about him leaping across that table?

I felt a little sorry for Wish Rumple.

I just loved what they did with him this season. They redeemed themselves for past mistakes.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

I also felt sadness for WR - IMO, he's a tragic figure.

Rumple falling over dead, sob…how ironic that it’s because he has no heart when he has the biggest heart of all..

Also, one of the things that got to me most in this scene was how seriously injured Rumple was. Let’s see - he was force choked almost to death, and then thrown from a great height onto a marble floor. Aside from his obvious problems walking after this (and breathing/talking), Rumple might have suffered internal injuries. A younger man would have had a tough time recovering….Rumple takes a beating here, and I wonder if he would have survived even if he didn’t remove his heart.

You will always lose the ones you love the most - My poor baby
Old 05-19-2018, 03:13 PM
Extreme Fan

There are several things I loved about that scene. Personally, I'm sure Wish Rumple didn't want Rumple dead. He wanted to torture him, but to keep him alive, but in eternal torture and alone. And Rumple, even without his powers was still immortal and cursed. Rumple had to remain alive, or Wish Rumple would be dead. He knew that, and that's why he made sure Rumple would remain alive.

Did anyone notice how his heart became free of the curse, the moment he removed it to give it to Wish Hook? It was an act of true love. It was a friendship act of true love, but it was true firendship and sacrifice all the same. That same heart, that was black when he removed, with some specks of red, suddenly started becoming less black, then glowed, and finally became pure red. That was his cruse breaking, without him realizing it. It was beautiful. And with that, he destroyed the Dark One curse forever, in all the realms.

It had to be him, because he could have let true love's kiss free him, and he chose not to. No one could ever free him from the curse, but himself. Now, after this scene, I realize why, when asked about a TLK breaking a curse, in the finale, the producers said "sort of". It wasn't TLK, but true friendship love. Facing the unknown, destroying the beast, sacrificing himself for his oldest friend and all the others, believing he would be forever doomed, and would never find happiness again. As Regina said about Robin: "That's what true love is about: sacrifice." It was Rumple last act of love, and it was beautifully acted by Robert, both as the hero and the villain. Wish Rumple's fear was so amazingly acted as was his maniac glee over everything. He had no sanity left. In fact, I wonder if the beast was all that remained. I keep remembering what Rumple said, back in season five about "the man leaving the house and only the beast remaining, about how terrifying it would be if that happened. Wish Rumple is what would have happened.

Last edited by lianamed; 05-19-2018 at 04:11 PM
Old 05-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Old 05-19-2018, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Rumple was no longer immortal....WR stripped him of his immortality.

As to TLK, I disagree - the TLK was actually Rumbelle; the reason A/E answered the question that way is because it didn’t actually break a curse. Rumple giving his heart to Hook was heroic, but it wasn’t a kiss.

Last edited by Betsybelle; 05-19-2018 at 03:22 PM
Old 05-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsybelle (View Post)
Rumple was no longer immortal....WR stripped him of his immortality.

As to TLK, I disagree - the TLK was actually Rumbelle; the reason A/E answered the question that way is because it didn’t actually break a curse. Rumple giving his heart to Hook was heroic, but it wasn’t a kiss.
I didn't say it was a kiss. I said it was an act of true love, which is different. And in the scene, the darkness is shown leaving his heart and his heart becoming red, and it was extremely similar to the moment when the apprentice removed the curse from his heart with the hat. The difference was this time the darkness became black dust, and vanished, just like Wish Rumple did.
Old 05-20-2018, 12:08 AM
Elite Fan

x
Old 05-20-2018, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

The scene with Wish Rumple was epic

Him jumping over the table

He was injured, but he still got up and faced down his most dangerous enemy, himself

That's our hero
Old 05-20-2018, 04:02 AM
Master Fan

Facing the unknown...Rumple said he was ready to face the unknown, and he was. He has no idea where he is, this dark, empty looking place, but he’s not scared - he’s curious. He doesn’t fear what may happen to him, but rather he’s calm and collected in the face of an eternity of possibilities, good and bad. I think this is a beautiful moment for him....