Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 02:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jury Duty [5x03] Episode Discussion - Original Air Date Jan 19th, 2016 on FOX 8/7c

Jury Duty [5x03]
Episode Discussion

PROMO CLIPS

The Ultimate Crime

Generic Jake

Acting Principal from "Jury Duty"

Called Out from "Jury Duty"

EPISODE SUMMARY

JESS REPORTS TO JURY DUTY ON AN ALL-NEW “NEW GIRL” TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, ON FOX

John Cho (“Star Trek Beyond,” SLEEPY HOLLOW) Guest-Stars

Jess eagerly reports to jury duty, until she discovers she may be up for a work promotion. Meanwhile, Nick reaches his limit with Cece’s messiness in the loft in the all-new “Jury Duty” episode of NEW GIRL airing Tuesday, Jan. 19 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (NG-502) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Zooey Deschanel as Jess; Jake Johnson as Nick; Max Greenfield as Schmidt; Lamorne Morris as Winston; Hannah Simone as Cece
Guest Cast: John Cho as Daniel Grant; Curtis Armstrong as Dr. Foster

PROMOTIONAL PHOTOS

More here: Photos - New Girl - Season 5 - Promotional Episode Photos - Episode 5.03 - Jury Duty

RULES

+ Respect each others opinions.
+ Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+ No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+ Most importantly, have fun!

Last edited by lessismore; 01-19-2016 at 01:39 PM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope everyone can watch and enjoy the episode I might be staying awake or not, most probably not because I am already so tired so I will watch tomorrow asap (as usual)

Old 01-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Good episode! Comedy is really on point this season, and Nick/Schmidt/Cece is a great highlight.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia in wonderland (View Post)
Good episode! Comedy is really on point this season, and Nick/Schmidt/Cece is a great highlight.
I agree. Really funny episode and now we know, Winston can not handle a hammer.

By far my favorite part. The Jess stuff in the last two episodes didn't do much for me. Although I did like the advise jar. Especially when she called them out on reading it right away.
KatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey guys Glad you liked the episode. It was fun imo.

My favorite parts are Nick&Cece heart to heart and then Schmidt comes and hugs them and starts making out with Cece and also the ending them reading Jess' advices with the shishkabab falling at the very end!

Was there a sound problem for you guys too? There is no sound at the beginning where NJ talks to each other? I saw some people tweeting that too during the episode (yes I stayed awake but I couldn't watch so I just checked the tweets ) But the place where I watch episode doesn't have sound like at the beginning for 5 minutes or so, which is all NJ talk

I love Cece so much and I am so happy to learn more about her but there are two things I didn't like in the episode. First, sorry but I didn't like Cece being "this" messy tbh. Maybe it is just another person Schmidt will be tidying after. I mean it was too much imo and made me disgusted too and I am not even Schmidt kind of neat freak I create tons of mess too but there is still order in them haha. 2nd one is where she talks about her way of getting out of the jury... I didn't like it. Nope...

I enjoyed Nick-hole and hot slob fight, it was fun. Especially that it showed how much they do know each other too and not just Schmidt actually and I loved that. Schmidt was so cute. He is so happy! wish we could see the shower sex. Why can't we?

I am looking forward to what Jessless episodes will bring to us but I feel like I already missed her The scene where they sent her off felt very real. I loved complimentary bowl of advice. Finally we know what that was from the promos aha. I love Jess' cute things like that, like Jess cube etc Schmece were so cute. I wonder when they will fight? the episode made my Schmece heart happy and Schnick heart also very happy. They are my two OTPs of the show since the beginning

Winston's part was also funny. But I really love it more when he is actually a part of what's going on and I kinda felt like he was left out. But still he was so cute and untalented to even hang a damn picture! ON ANOTHER NOTE!! Lamorne followed me on twitter yesterday!!! Such a surprise and I am so happy!

The house was a mess omg. Also it also felt like Jess really became the mother of the house. I wonder when Schmidt and Jess will acknowledge that they are also same the person too, same as how Nick & Cece are (Table 34 anyone?? )

Overall I really enjoyed the episode and I am so glad that I saw many happy thoughts over the episode

Review:

New Girl recap: The top 5 moments from Jury Duty | EW.com

Last edited by lessismore; 01-20-2016 at 09:49 AM
lessismore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessismore (View Post)
Hey guys Glad you liked the episode. It was fun imo.

My favorite parts are Nick&Cece heart to heart and then Schmidt comes and hugs them and starts making out with Cece and also the ending them reading Jess' advice's with the shishkabab falling at the very end!

Was there a sound problem for you guys too? There is no sound at the beginning where NJ talks to each other? I saw some people tweeting that too during the episode (yes I stayed awake but I couldn't watch so I just checked the tweets ) But the place where I watch episode doesn't have sound like at the beginning for 5 minutes or so, which is all NJ talk

I love Cece so much and I am so happy to learn more about her but there are two things I didn't like in the episode. First, sorry but I didn't like Cece being "this" messy tbh. Maybe it is just another person Schmidt will be tidying after. I mean it was too much imo and made me disgusted too and I am not even Schmidt kind of neat freak I create tons of mess too but there is still order in them haha. 2nd one is where she talks about her way of getting out of the jury... I didn't like it. Nope...

I enjoyed Nick-hole and hot slob fight, it was fun. Especially that it showed how much they do know each other too and not just Schmidt actually and I loved that. Schmidt was so cute. He is so happy! wish we could see the shower sex. Why can't we?

I am looking forward to what Jess less episodes will bring to us but I feel like I already missed her The scene where they sent her off felt very real. I loved complimentary bowl of advice. Finally we know what that was from the promos aha. I love Jess' cute things like that, like Jess cube etc Schmece were so cute. I wonder when they will fight? the episode made my Schmece heart happy and Schnick heart also very happy. They are my two OTPs of the show since the beginning

Winston's part was also funny. But I really love it more when he is actually a part of what's going on and I kinda felt like he was left out. But still he was so cute and untalented to even hang a damn picture! ON ANOTHER NOTE!! Lamorne followed me on twitter yesterday!!! Such a surprise and I am so happy!

The house was a mess omg. Also it also felt like Jess really became the mother of the house. I wonder when Schmidt and Jess will acknowledge that they are also same the person too, same as how Nick & Cece are (Table 34 anyone?? )

Overall I really enjoyed the episode and I am so glad that I saw many happy thoughts over the episode

Review:

New Girl recap: The top 5 moments from Jury Duty | EW.com

I agree too. Although I loved all of their story line in this episode. Also Cece and Nick bonded over how much they know and love Schmidt. How could I not love that?!

I didn't have an issue and I watched it live. I guess, it depends on where you watched it. Glad I didn't have that issue, I would have been frustrated.

I agree, Jess' sendoff did feel real. I am looking forward to the next weeks episode, with Jess gone and no Meagan yet, we will get more from our four. That is always welcome.

Winston while he may have felt left out, for me he was in it. It felt like he was involved with all the stories to some degree. Congrats to Lamorne to take a small story line and make the most of it. He is usually one of my fav parts of an episode, even if he doesn't have a lot going on. And in this one, love love. So funny!

Jess really is the mother hen! I loved John Cho. I would love to see him again. Maybe after jury, they can go out? He was so charming with the coffee.

One stray thought, other than being jealous, it must not be easy for Nick and Cece to work and live together.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatB (View Post)

I agree too. Although I loved all of their story line in this episode. Also Cece and Nick bonded over how much they know and love Schmidt. How could I not love that?!

I didn't have an issue and I watched it live. I guess, it depends on where you watched it. Glad I didn't have that issue, I would have been frustrated.

I agree, Jess' sendoff did feel real. I am looking forward to the next weeks episode, with Jess gone and no Meagan yet, we will get more from our four. That is always welcome.

Winston while he may have felt left out, for me he was in it. It felt like he was involved with all the stories to some degree. Congrats to Lamorne to take a small story line and make the most of it. He is usually one of my fav parts of an episode, even if he doesn't have a lot going on. And in this one, love love. So funny!

Jess really is the mother hen! I loved John Cho. I would love to see him again. Maybe after jury, they can go out? He was so charming with the coffee.

One stray thought, other than being jealous, it must not be easy for Nick and Cece to work and live together.
Thank you for posting your thought Kat! It makes me happy!

I really loved this episode too, 3 on a row, I love Season 5 so much already

I really loved how the loft dynamics changed and Jess became the mother of the loft where she was just trying to be the part of the family. It warms my heart

Kids huh?
Yeah.

I love Schmidt being this much in love with Cece. He is a nreat freak and if he doesn't die right now, he must be really blinded with love which makes me happy to see because he will be in love with caramel miracle(s) too and his OCD will be soften imo. Even tho I love him as neat freak he gotta let it go sometimes

His denim bar love He is so cute!

Winston is hilarious in his own part, it is just that he always has a separated part in episodes. I guess it is great while also sometimes makes me feel sad. For instance, why Schmidt always need to say or do somethings to show he loves Winnie less than others? It saddens me.

Anyways really great episode! I hope we see John Co again! I am looking forward to next episodes.
Old 01-23-2016, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I did have the same problem with the beginning of the episode, CK. but I downloaded another version and it was fine there

I always wondered if Cece and Schmidt would move away or what would happen once they get married. it's getting a little crowded in the apartment all right I'm not surprised they have issues with that.. I loved that Nick always turned to Jess for help with Cece's things he can't really cope without her. and the others of course, they need her true. the ending scene was so cute and touching I loved that Jess bowl and her advice cards. the whole goodbye scene made ma all emotional, it looked like a series finale and I don't want it to be like that at all it'll be hard without Zooey in the next episodes, for us and the gang. she really holds them together

the scene where everyone sat together at the table wanting Cece to sign the deal was hilarious I'm glad Nick and Cece worked things out after all, for poor Scmidty's sake and since they can do nothing else but bear with each other.. they got to.

Jess at the court was really funny too

also, Schmidt and Jess discussing their "counterparts" and Schmidt going, "omg I'm marrying Nick", hehe not so fast, we still got that loose end to fix :p

JoJoF92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I did have the same problem with the beginning of the episode, CK. but I downloaded another version and it was fine there

I always wondered if Cece and Schmidt would move away or what would happen once they get married. it's getting a little crowded in the apartment all right I'm not surprised they have issues with that.. I loved that Nick always turned to Jess for help with Cece's things he can't really cope without her. and the others of course, they need her true. the ending scene was so cute and touching I loved that Jess bowl and her advice cards. the whole goodbye scene made ma all emotional, it looked like a series finale and I don't want it to be like that at all it'll be hard without Zooey in the next episodes, for us and the gang. she really holds them together

the scene where everyone sat together at the table wanting Cece to sign the deal was hilarious I'm glad Nick and Cece worked things out after all, for poor Scmidty's sake and since they can do nothing else but bear with each other.. they got to.

also, Schmidt and Jess discussing their "counterparts" and Schmidt going, "omg I'm marrying Nick", hehe not so fast, we still got that loose end to fix :p
I agree with all your points. I especially liked the loft stuff. So fun. Come back and join our discussions more.

I wonder if we will see John Cho more after Zooey comes back. I have often wondered what would happen after the wedding. I can see them staying in the loft but I can also see them moving out. He still owns the other loft, doesn't he? I thought he bought it and rented it out.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)

JoJo! So nice to see you here discussing the episode I am glad you enjoyed it!

I also agree with the points you've made. So far I am loving Season 5. It will be interesting to see lofties without Jess now that she is the mother But you know mommies gotta leave sometimes too. So cute
Old 01-24-2016, 05:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
JoJo! So nice to see you here discussing the episode I am glad you enjoyed it!

I also agree with the points you've made. So far I am loving Season 5. It will be interesting to see lofties without Jess now that she is the mother But you know mommies gotta leave sometimes too. So cute
How about when Cece told Jess she would keep the boys in line? I loved when Jess told her she couldn't hit them.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
How about when Cece told Jess she would keep the boys in line? I loved when Jess told her she couldn't hit them.
I loved that too!!!

Even if it is for their benefit??
Nope!

Oh Cece!!!

Hey also it seemed to me that Schmece were talking about a baby when Cece was saying "Oh babe relax, He is probably tired or hungry..." You know? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 01-24-2016, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I loved that too!!!

Even if it is for their benefit??
Nope!

Oh Cece!!!

Hey also it seemed to me that Schmece were talking about a baby when Cece was saying "Oh babe relax, He is probably tired or hungry..." You know? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Good catch. I'll look for that upon my rewatch. I'm watching Reba, then I think some NG before bed is in order.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Good catch. I'll look for that upon my rewatch. I'm watching Reba, then I think some NG before bed is in order.
I rewatched the episode so many times already and in fact I am not ashamed to say I am also rewatching right now haha

I loved that dogs playing poker painting, it was all of them I LOVE THEM ALL SOOOO MMUUUUCHHHHHHHH!
Old 01-24-2016, 06:52 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I rewatched the episode so many times already and in fact I am not ashamed to say I am also rewatching right now haha

I loved that dogs playing poker painting, it was all of them I LOVE THEM ALL SOOOO MMUUUUCHHHHHHHH!
I've been pretty good this week and I haven't watched it since Wednesday morning. Maybe evening. So, defiantly before bed!
Reply   Post New Thread