Me too! Hopefully that happens because it should

Yeah I'm no angel I'm just me
But I will love you
endlessly
tumblr
Old 11-25-2013, 10:37 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Looking forward to seeing Zoe pine for Wade
Yes! I just watched the episode for real, and I can handle the delay in ZW reuniting if we get something from Zoe! I'm just so worried the writers like all men to bow down and worship Zoe that they won't make Zoe pine. I mean, this episode could have been better with just more from Zoe. I think the kiss did wake something up in Zoe; you could see it. But...she was still denying her feelings, and her denial is old already. Hope they are done making her deny her true feelings and hiding her emotions from herself and everyone else.

I did like the parallel of her saying nothing happened and in s2 how she kept saying nothing would happen again. I loooooved how her uncle said he met the love of his life in the hay maze, and when Zoe goes in, she just happens to see Wade. In my for real watch just now, I think Zoe was taken aback because of that. At least, it came across that way to me in a subtle way.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Always Sparks
Old 11-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Addicted Fan

I loved seeing Zoe, Lavon, and Wade in Lavon's kitchen again! If only Lynly wasn't there being annoying.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I am going to bed now, Talk to you all later! .

Goodnight everyone! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 11-26-2013, 04:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

Irrespective of the zw disappointment....what a cop out having drugged Wade...that episode was appallingly badly written. i feel like i have been spoon-fed 'the meaning of Hanukkah 101'. Is one of the producers irritated the audience doesn't take Hanukkah as seriously as Christmas or something??!! It was just so odd. When not laboured, it was disjointed and heavy-handed, slow and unfunny. the leads just feel like they are going through the motions, and i can't even blame them, because their heart must sink when they get these scripts and know they've got to try and make it work..

it is virtually no pleasure to watch the show because try as people like Brick and Lemon and George do, the central heart of the show has gone. Zoe is not a warm enough character to carry the show on her own and without a sympathetic main lead character, she needs to have a partner or trajectory which carries the audience along in spite of that. Wade was that for the majority of the audience in the last two seasons. People were rooting for him, and he wanted Zoe, and he made her more tolerable.

For all I like Josh Cooke, Joel is too 'stock' as a character, and NY, so he doesn't represent any kind of Southern Heart, which the show needs at its centre...if it isn't the central culture clash, why not watch Joel and Zoe in NY and have done with it? Except it'd be as dull as paint, because they have zero chemistry, for all they are clearly trying.

Aside from all the backdrop, ZWs journey has been so neutered that whatever chemistry they had is virtually non-existent, their interactions seem strained and meaningless, in the context of what went before...there should be more angst, some kind of undercurrent of awkward sexual tension. Not over the top, but ever-present. As it is, it pops up in dribs and drabs...rather like George's SL was with Zoe last year: you're expected to fill in the yawning gaps and 'remember' how they felt about each other in between, not see it. There was frankly more of that in G and T's encounter than we've had from ZW all season.

I kind of understand how the GZ fans must have felt being strung along the last two, and particularly last season.

And, it is so slow. I know people think it's just because I'm impatient to have a return to ZW together, but it isn't, it is much worse than that: I hate to say that my overall feeling is that the show is now really really boring. I really don't care about Zoe at all, and I scarcely give a toss about Wade either, because he's got noSL beyond Zoe and she's terrible at present.. Indeed, I've got more sympathy with George than anyone else, because at least SP is comedically mildly engaging and vaguely consistent from episode to episode. I don't care about Lynly, but at least Tansy is quite sweet.

Nothing to do with the VW they clearly have planned, but I didn't like Vivian at all. She had virtually no warmth - like a half Lemon - half Zoe. No humour at all. Not to mention she's so clearly just serving the purpose of 'spanner'.

Last edited by DammitZoe!; 11-26-2013 at 05:00 AM
Old 11-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Looking forward to seeing Zoe pine for Wade
Tbh I don't think we'll get much of that. Maybe she will freak out for 1 episode (and I doubt it's going to be because she is jealous) and then she will let it go. After last night It doesn't seem like she cares about Wade at all. I mean, why would she? She is SO happy with her perfect boyfriend afterall.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think we're going to need some kind of support group here
Old 11-26-2013, 07:34 AM
Addicted Fan

I truly feel like LG is mad the fans liked Wade instead of George so she is punishing us. I cannot understand what has happened this season. I'm so confused. It isn't that Zoe isn't with Wade. I knew they wouldn't put them together again for a little while. It's that there is nothing there at all. 2 seasons of stuff between them has been thrown away. What are they thinking? In the words if Tansy, the writers need a "good talkin' too."
Old 11-26-2013, 07:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

But you read LG interview she likes ZJ relationship and thinks we should too. im kinna amazed ive stuck around this long to be honest. I have about reached my point of why watch anymore. I was truly hoping that we would have had some signs last night from Zoe... Anything! I dont get the purpose of wade on pain meds showing his true feelings kissing zoe... as we already know how he felt he isnt the one that needed to show something it is zoe that the fans needed to see something from... these writers actually get paid for writing this crap?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I sometimes think that LG is bitter about ZW's popularity too, when ZG were probably the couple she wanted us to love

The thing is now, not only is she destroying her show, but her reputation. I know I'll never watch another show that she's involved in.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I sometimes think that LG is bitter about ZW's popularity too, when ZG were probably the couple she wanted us to love

The thing is now, not only is she destroying her show, but her reputation. I know I'll never watch another show that she's involved in.
Which makes no sense. She should be happy that Wade/ZW are so popular.

I won't watch another show she does ever again either.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:18 AM
Addicted Fan

I know...how could they honestly think the fans would love Joel? That confuses me too!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

There's nothing about him to love. He's blah.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I think that LG has a hopeless crush on someone like Joel, so she's added the Joel character & is using Zoe as her self-insert. I think that's what she was doing with George too in s1.