Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2013, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
Something had to happen for Wade to move on. If there was a remote chance, Zoe would come around, Wade would still be waiting for her. I think it had to happen this way. Sometimes there has to be no hope for there to be hope, it that makes sense.
I thought that was going to be Zoe urging Wade to move on, which would have had emotional depth in my eyes.

We need a new thread.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with the both of you.

I do get what the writers are trying to do... But I can't say I am enjoying the ride... And I just don't trust them anymore... Period.

The lack of emotional depth is really bothering me... I know this is a light hearted show... But there is no excuse for the way some really serious matters are dealt with on this show. Some characters are just too "cartoonish". It is impossible to relate to them.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, I haven't seen the episode yet (just ~1 hour until it's on TV ), but hope you all are enjoying it!

Tracie76 wrote:
Quote:
That is the only way I'm going to tolerate it is if he disappears for a good chunk of the 2nd half. Either we have to put up with him all at once and then he leaves never to be heard from again. Or we have to deal with him, he goes away so Zoe is alone and has to learn a few things, and then he comes back for a very short stay and then leaves again. Zoe needs to be on her own at some point this season to have time to reflect on things.

Quote:
Maybe, but who knows? It's not really wise to put elements into a show that make people cringe, lol. I think showing Z/J like this is supposed to let the audience know that Z/W in season 2 were a real couple too. But I hate all the Z/J bedroom scenes, although I force myself to watch them for any foreshadowing of breakup or hints that Wade is still on Zoe's mind, and I just noticed this week that Zoe is seemingly trying to teach Joel tricks that she probably learned from Wade. Eventually, I hope Zoe realizes that Joel can't hold a candle to Wade (not just in the bedroom or help department, but most importantly in her ).

Hope next week has less Joel and more Z/W! And hope there's longing looks and other further hints of what Wade said to Zoe at the camp is true (because we know it is, but is she going to deny it to Wade any longer?).
Unfortunately I expect a lot of Joel next week. I expect a lot of Joel/Zoe/Wade. And I expect that I'm going to be annoyed by the end of the episode. Great expectations, huh? The kidnapping plot is a set up for more of Zoe babying Joel who can't seem to survive on his own.
Good suggestions, Tracie! I'm not sure if Joel will be disappearing, but at least his screen time seemed a bit less last week! Honestly, I don't mind his presence when there's minimized displays of affection between Z/J.

Hopefully, you weren't annoyed by last week's episode! It was sort of good for us Zoe/Wade fans because there were some airing out of issues (even though it seemed more like mini arguments) and Zoe never denied about still being in love with Wade.

I think the writers are partially playing off Zoe's babying as a joke by taking it to an extreme , but also to show us what Zoe deems as a safe relationship where she has more influence and her partner is more dependent upon her (as when Wade was sick, so he refused Lily Ann's advances, and came straight home to Bluebell and Zoe, thereby maintaining his fidelity to Zoe that time ).
Moyers & Company
Old 11-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyesxx (View Post)
I thought that was going to be Zoe urging Wade to move on, which would have had emotional depth in my eyes.

We need a new thread.
That would have been a rehash of when Zoe told George to date other people and also what she said in 3x02. I think Wade needed to hear that she wanted to forget it happened and realize he has to move on too. It's never easy to watch but I liked the way they did it.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I'll get it ready...

Any title ideas?

EDIT: New thread here
http://www.fanforum.com/f371/sparks-.../#post72960884

Last edited by JoanaCS; 11-25-2013 at 08:06 PM
Old 11-25-2013, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I can't think of anything positive right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
That would have been a rehash of when Zoe told George to date other people and also what she said in 3x02. I think Wade needed to hear that she wanted to forget it happened and realize he has to move on too. It's never easy to watch but I liked the way they did it.
I don't think so. When Zoe told George to move on, she was being crazy 'get over Lemon, rebound, date other people & then you can be with me'. I get what you're saying, but the writers could have done it in a more emotional way - & I don't even mean particularly emotional for the characters, but for the viewers instead. I didn't get any feelings from that scene (barring disappointment) & I usually enjoy angst, but this isn't angst.

& I think the fact that we all have to rationalize it & focus on the bigger picture of the whole storyline to be able to stand it, proves it's bad writing.