Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2013, 10:44 PM
Absolute Fan

I quite liked this episode and the season finale has me tense now because I can't figure out what the heck is going to happen next week! I'm too excited now!

"You spit on me!" "You were choking me - I didn't mean to spit on you, darling." - Rachel Bilson and Ben McKenzie
NewOCFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel the same way, it's quite unpredictable to me what's gonna happen next week, so excited to see all that!

I liked the episode.

And while it was the right thing for Brick to tell Shelby she could offer her opinion in family situations as well, I didn't appreciate Shelby being mad at him for having written the cheque for Lemon. Oh well.

Lemon and Wade working together will never get old for me, it's just way too entertaining

I didn't like how the Tansy/George breakup was handled, though. I mean it was clear they would break up in the long run, but it seemed weird to me, the way it ended. I would have liked a different reason for them to break up than Tansy being the jealous one when she didn't have any reason to.
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

So I am glad I didn't write my initial thoughts because I'd admit I was a little frustrated before I went to sleep. Mostly because I expected more from the last scene given the lack of ZW interaction since the break up.

The GOOD:

- The final scene. After having watched it 10+ times, I can see the real emotions that is in this scene. It isn't OTT crazy drama or quirky fun stuff like the rest of the episode. Cudos to WB and RB for a great emotional scene where Zoe asks for comfort and Wade provides it. He isn't thrilled about having sex with a tipsy emtional torn Zoe, but he loves her and she seemed genuine sincere what she wanted from him. It wasn't sex. It was comfort.

- Zoe's online dating. I loved her screen name and that Meatball had all those fake profiles. I thought it was funny that she went on dates with George and Wade clones.

- Tansy's speech to Zoe. As much as I disliked Tansy (or the writer's choice to make Tansy the sole culprit of the break up), I loved that she stood up for herself and told Zoe some much needed truths.

- Rose and Max. Those two are just adorable and I loved how Rose tried to fix Zoe's 4 page long dating profile. I laughed when Zoe got 5 messages in a row because Rose had checked the "casual sex" box.

The OK:

- The rammer jammer getting destoyed, robbed and rebuild. It was kinda the story that connected most of the other storylines in this episode. I liked Wade's Atlas impersonation and that BB came to the rescue.

- Michael. He served his purpose in this episode as the Anti-Wade. The adult that points out that Zoe likes drama even if she doesn't want to admit it.

- Brick and Shelby. It felt like drama for the sake of drama for them this week, although I liked that the worked it out. That is one less thing to worry about next week when they elope to get married.

The BAD:

- Lavon and AB's Fillmore storyline. It just felt like they needed to give them something to do this episode. Time that could have been spent on one of the gazillion other storylines this episode.

- Tansy crazyness and the GT break up. They made Tansy look like a mental patient. The star and color chart was cringeworthy and again George came off looking like a saint. No dirt on that halo.

Conclusion:
I didn't love the episode but it wasn't bad. It had way too many storylines to keep track of that a lot of them fell flat. It has become an ensemble show and that is what is wrong imo. There are too many main characters that they feel the need to make storylines for and they can't fit it into a 40 min show.
Again the ZW at the end saved the episode with some real honest emotions. Something they should do more of on the show imo.
Fogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
There are too many main characters that they feel the need to make storylines for and they can't fit it into a 40 min show.
That has been the problem with most of this season- everyone wants more Brick/Rose/Tom/Wanda/AB/Meatball/Earl/(fill in blank with random BB citizen) or more medical stuff/more love stuff/more drama/more comedy/(fill in blank with whatever you think the show should be) and it's taking away from the heart of the story- Zoe (and George, Wade, Lemon, Lavon).

Some of the episodes this season (especially lately) feel rushed and jumbled- like they're trying to do too much.

A very cute, entertaining show- it just lost a little focus this year. I'm sure season 3 will get back on track. Either way, it's a fun ride. This season was just a little wilder-jerkier ride than last year.

It was a cute episode last night. I can't wait to re-watch when things are calmer- my house is a little crazy at 8:00. Brick and Shelby are cute, but WAY rushing things. L/AB... seem forced- I thought I'd really like them... but I just don't feel it like I thought I would. Tansy was... wow. A mess. She's always been a little crazy- but she lost her mind. I think Zoe's spiral may have finally hit the bottom (or close to it)- I look forward to seeing her come out of it and get things back together (well... as together as she ever is... ) Lavon coming through for Lemon and Wade was awesome. Gotta love BB. (Still not sure why they didn't try for a bank loan. Did they say and I missed it? And do they not have insurance??) WB/RB/SP sold the sadness- George's little heartbroken face.

Next week should be another roller coaster- I can't wait to see how they leave it- even with spoilers there's so much left unknown

This show sure loves its parallels... 1x22 (Wedding hall becomes RJ- GL become GT- WZ well.. still WZ) and next week's promo looks like 2x1 (G walks in on ZW) with a little 1x20 thrown in (job offer up north) for spice. The whole season has been very parallel to last- wonder if S3 will break out- a la Ground Hog's Day... and wonder what the catalyst would be for it to change. People often say the South is stuck in the past - seems like BB is taking it a little literally

Last edited by raeofsun; 05-01-2013 at 07:49 AM
raeofsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

My labtop died and now I have to use the IPad which I despise typing on so I haven't offered my opinion of late. Howevere really I,m just confused. Does Zoe really have feelings for George? Or is she made she didn't make the safe choice and got hurt by Wade? Or is Wade just always gonna be here ducky the guy that she goes to make her feel better about herself. I love wade/Zoe but I started the show off as a GZ fan. So as long as the write a good story line I will be happy with either. However, right now im annoyed because Zoe is bouncing back and forth and not only confuses George and Wade but confuses the audience. It's why people hate watching love triangles.

However the episode was okay enough for me beause I love Rose and Zoe and I love crazy Lemon and wade. I love Lavon but wish he'd get a story line outside of his many woman.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New OP
Cosmic Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Hope you like it
Old 11-24-2013, 04:12 AM