Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Total Fan

Vampires | PYOC Original and Ricean characters

This is sort of based on Anne Rice and her characters. Sort of. It’s also based on the Queen of The Damned movie.
Don’t mind my casting of PB’s for each character. I know that they do not all look like their descriptions in the books.

Lestat de Lioncourt was always searching for fame. He had saved his family and neighbors from starvation by single-handedly slaughtering a pack of wolves that had been after the village’s food supply. While he enjoyed being a local hero, he wanted something more. Lestat moved to Paris to become an actor. It was there that he met his fate.

An ancient vampire, one of the first, saw Lestat perform. This vampire, whose name was Magnus, had been searching for someone worthy of the Dark Gift. He wanted to end his life and pass on the gift of immortality to someone worthy of it. While drinking Lestat’s blood, Magnus received visions of all that Lestat had done as a youngster including the slaughter of the wolves. Surely, Lestat was worthy.

Magnus killed himself right after he’d made Lestat into a vampire, leaving him to roam the world and learn the secrets of vampirism on his own.

Searching for a companion to share eternity with, Lestat turned a young aristocrat named Louis Pointe du Lac into a vampire. After years and years of a tumultuous relationship along with plenty of disagreements, Lestat feared that Louis would leave him. Knowing that Louis would stay because of it, Lestat turned a five-year-old orphan named Claudia into a vampire to be a sort of daughter.

Claudia tried to kill Lestat, though, and she ran away with Louis.

Lestat decided to rest and he slumbered for decades only to be awakened by music. This music was different from the symphonies and ariettas he had listened to so long ago. He loved it and joined their band (named Satan’s Night Out) loaning his vocals and the tales he told of ancient vampire lore with lyrics and music.

This isn’t just about Lestat, though. Things are hardly ever that simple.

Younger vampires, those only five or six decades past their mortal years, have been inspired by Lestat’s boldness, irreverence, and complete lack of respect for the code most vampires have sworn to live by. They now kill openly and terrorize mortals.

The epicenter of this terror is New York City. It has been exactly one year since Lestat’s introduction to television and radio. While most people don’t believe in vampires they have come to accept that there are murderers out lurking in the shadows who leave bloodless corpses behind. Hardly anybody ever walks alone after dark in the city and those who do either want to become vampires or don’t believe they are at risk to be killed.

The Talamasca, a London-based organization dedicated to studying the history of paranormal events, has dispatched a small team to observe the vampires’ society in New York City. The team was carefully chosen. Each member had to be young enough to fit in with the club scene of NYC and yet wise enough to not get themselves killed. It was inevitable that a few older people be chosen because of their wisdom and a few younger people lacking any incredible wisdom chosen because they would blend in nicely, but for the most part the members are perfect.

Also in the city are the older vampires - ones who actually follow the unsaid code of conduct. They’re spectators, mostly, not really interacting much with mortals, but since the Talamasca’s arrival they have taken an interest in the current events.

Lestat and His Followers
Please note that even though Lestat’s behavior is the inspiration for these wilder vampires’ murders he himself is more subtle. He does feed off of fans and groupies but he doesn’t kill them. The wounds from the bite constrict and heal, leaving no proof that the victim was ever bitten. The other bandmates are careless
Lestat de Lioncourt - Open
Cookie was a talented guitarist playing with the band Satan’s Night Out. Lestat became friends with all of the band and, on a whim, turned them into vampires.
Ryan was the bassist for Satan’s Night Out.
Spike was the drummer for the band.

Armand and Those Who Live With Him
Armand was turned by Marius when he was mortally wounded. They became instant friends but were soon parted. It is only now in the present that they are together again. (SummerNights)
Louis was turned by Lestat who was desperate for someone to be close to. He almost left Lestat before Claudia was made and gladly left him after Claudia attempted to murder him. (Psycho Hose Beast)
Claudia was an unfortunate young orphan who was turned into a vampire by Lestat. She grew to hate being a grown woman in the body of a five-year-old and turned her hate against Lestat, trying to kill him. Her attempt failed, but she and Louis were long gone before Lestat could recover. (Michelle)
Bianca was a sophisticated Italian courtesan when she first met Marius. When Marius became wounded and unable to help himself he turned the willing Bianca into a vampire. They were close but Bianca left him after hearing Marius say that he would leave Bianca if it meant being with Pandora. Now she resides with Armand.

The Children of The Millennia or Really, Really Old Vampires
Mekare and Maharet are known as The Red Haired Twins. They possess the ability to attract and communicate with the spirits. Akasha ordered that Maharet’s eyes be torn from their sockets and that Mekare’s tongue be cut out. Because of that, whenever the Twins kill they steal the eyes and tongue of their victims. It was when Akasha woke that the Twins destroyed her and took all of her ancient power into themselves. (Psycho Hose Beast - Maharet)
Mael was a Druid Priest before he became a vampire. As a mortal, he offered Marius up to become the new god. Marius became a vampire, but fled right after he was turned. That left only Mael to become the Druids’ new god. He holds a grudge against Marius for that reason.
Marius was created by Mael. Years after he was turned, Marius found The Ones Who Must Be Kept, or the king and queen of vampires (Akasha and Enkil). They were still as statues and needed protection. Akasha spoke to him using the mind gift so only he could hear asking Marius to take them to Egypt. Marius toted the two wherever he went, praying to them and making their shrine as lovely as possible. Lestat’s music woke Akasha, though, and she destroyed Enkil(the king) and imprisoned Marius in ice. Once the Twins had destroyed Akasha, Marius was freed. (Jezebel In Hell)
Pandora was a wealthy young Roman woman named Lydia before she was turned. She debated and argued with Marius. They’d been companions for years before he finally turned her. The two of them went their separate ways but Marius remained obsessed with her. Even after he’d become companions with Bianca, the Italian courtesan, he still longed for Pandora’s company. Now they are together and it’s like old times. (WildAtHeart)

The Talamasca
Jessica *Jesse* Reeves is the mortal descendant of Maharet and because of that she possesses an unusual talent for communicating with spirits. She just recently learned of vampires and that her guardian was one of the most ancient vampires in existence. She is obsessed with learning more about vampires and sometimes thinks that she’d like to be one.( SummerNights)
David Martin is a faithful and loyal member of The Talamasca. He is most interested in the witch trials of the dark ages and not in vampire history or lore, but he’s a hard worker. He doesn’t know about Jesse’s interesting family tree, but he is very suspicious of how she’s been acting lately.
Parker Morris is the newest member of The Talamasca. He has the attention span of a five-year-old and works zealously as he is very interested in all things related to vampires. Parker has a small sort of crush on Jesse but can never find the words or courage to tell her about it. (Jezebel In Hell)
Stephanie *Stephie* Porter is the biggest bookworm on The Talamasca’s team. If you have a question regarding the history of vampires she will probably know the answer. She is a sort of elitist, knowing that she knows the most out of everyone on the team, but she tries to be nice about it.
Belle Thomas is somewhat of a paradox. She is blonde and built like a swimsuit model. She has a tendancy to giggle and inserts the word ‘like’ wherever she pleases but she is far from being a Valley Girl. Belle is actually the muscle of the group, defending the others when trouble is near, but she is also very intelligent. (Michelle)

Rules
Make each post at least two lines in length.
Use proper spelling and grammar.
Take a minimum of two characters and a maximum of seven.
Post whenever you can.
Be nice to your fellow players.
If you have any questions ASK THEM!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Can I have Jesse and Armand?

I'm going to post at the other game tonight.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Master Fan

Claudia and Belle please

SATC
Old 08-05-2005, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Ooooh! Louis and Maharet, pretty please!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Total Fan

OH MY GOD you people are so wonderful!
I'm just wondering why no one picked Bianca yet. I loved her in Blood and Gold... But I'm a nut.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

can i take Pandora and Parker?
Old 08-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Total Fan

Actually, Parker is taken by yours truly, but you can have Pandora. Just pick another character you'd like to take
Old 08-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'll take Spike and Stephanie