Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Total Fan

Solace | Futuristic MYOC/PYOC

It is the near future and an incurable disease has swept over most of planet Earth wiping out not only humans and other animals but also a fraction of types of flora. The wealthier survivors funded the building of a large complex. The building, called ‘Solace’, is the size of the city we used to know as New York City and it is a refuge for humans and other forms of life.

Like most good ideas, it transformed into something totally different; something one might consider to be cruel and unfair.

Through genetic scanning, the operators of Solace have labeled those living in their facility. The ones with the most genetic flaws are referred to as Deltas. The ones with the least genetic flaws are referred to as Alpha. Betas are only inferior to the Alphas and Cappas are inferior to the Alphas and Betas. They’ve created a world full of prejudice and conflict within these walls.

Places to Visit Within Solace
Your bedroom and living space! Each person living in Solace has their own bedroom. Alphas have the nicest rooms complete with a bathroom (shower, sink, toilet) and a very comfortable bed with a sort of television mounted on the wall (They can rent videos or music from Solace’s library to play). Betas have fairly nice rooms with beds and bathrooms like the Alphas but they lack the extra room and the television. Cappas have a bed in their room and a toilet and sink in the adjoining bathroom. They have to use a community shower if they want to clean up. Deltas rooms are very bare and simple. They have a cot in their room along with a toilet and sink.
The Solace Library The library is stocked with every imaginable book, CD, and the movies the operators of Solace has deemed appropriate. You won’t find Playboy in their library. Only Alphas are allowed to take books, CD’s, and DVD’s out of the library. Everyone else has to read and listen to music in the library.
The Botanical Garden It’s a really lovely, well-landscaped area. There are benches to sit on there. There is also a screened in area where butterflies are raised.
The Zoo The Zoo is a simple area where animals are kept in fairly large cages.
The Mess Hall This is where all of the meals and snacks are consumed. Nobody, not even Alphas, is allowed to eat in their rooms. Of course, some guards choose to look the other way in most cases where someone is smuggling a snack into their living space.

Laws of Solace
While conversation is allowed with all ranks, interaction with people of a rank different from your own is strongly discouraged. Alphas should avoid contact with Betas. Betas should avoid contact with Deltas etc. etc.
Breeding must be approved by a panel of judges.
When assigned a mate by a panel of judges breeding is a necessity.
Two individuals of different ranks will not be allowed to breed.
Only you and your assigned mate are allowed to go into your living space.
Deltas must not breed. It will only ensure the passing on of negative genetic material.
Any offspring produced by Delta or Cappa parents will be terminated upon discovery.

[I]Characters
Alphas
Name: Nina Jordan
Assigned Mate: Taylor Ford
Personality/History: Nina is your average girl-next-door. She clings to the things she knew before the plague came. She is considered very old fashioned and finds Solace to be a disturbing place because of it. She doesn’t like the idea of being a breeder even though she is on good terms with her assigned mate Taylor. Nina is in love with a Cappa named Grant. The two of them try to get together whenever they can.
PB: Mena Suvari
TB: SweetP

Name: Kit Michaels
Assigned Mate: Polly Marx
Personality/History: Kit is very full of himself. He’s an Alpha and therefore genetically superior to most of the other guys in Solace. If this story was set in the present and not in the future Kit would be a club-hopping player, going through women like mad. He has another side to him, though. Kit is like a big brother to his fellow Alphas, especially Polly. He feels a need to protect her.
PB: Gerard Butler
TB: Psycho Hose Beast

Name: Polly Marx
Assigned Mate: Kit Michaels
Personality/History: In spite of living in a place where not much shocks anybody anymore, Polly is surprisingly unjaded and innocent. She has exceptional intellect which the operators hope will be passed on to her offspring and she is very kind. She loves Kit Michaels but is never sure if they’re more like friends or lovers. She is pregnant with his child at present and should be delivering the baby any day now.
PB: Emilie de Ravin
TB: Jezebel In Hell

Name: Taylor Ford
Assigned Mate: Nina Jordon
Personality/History: Ever since he laid eyes on her, Taylor has been infatuated with his lovely fellow Alpha Nina Jordon. He desperately wants her but all Nina seems to want from Taylor is friendship and fun conversation. Taylor is also friends with the Betas Darren Thorne and Brooke DuBois.
PB: Scott Wolf
TB: ~*Echo*~

Betas

Name: Darren Thorne
Assigned Mate: Brooke DuBois
Personality/History: Darren is a perfectionist. Nothing upsets him more than knowing that he isn’t genetically superior. He’s only ‘above average’ and that pisses him off. He’s always doing things in an attempt to make people like and admire him. He is very much in love with his assigned mate Brooke DuBois but he isn’t sure if she returns the feelings.
PB: Johnny Depp
TB: SweetP

Name: Brooke DuBois
Assigned Mate: Darren Thorne
Personality/History: Even though Brooke isn’t an Alpha, she is perfectly content with her situation. She especially adores the butterfly garden near the botanical gardens and spends her free time staring at the delicate creatures. Brooke likes her assigned mate Darren Thorne and is close to him.
PB: Mila Kuniz
TB: buffyandspike4ever

Name: Trina Calyx
Assigned Mate: None as of yet
Personality/History: Trina is a rebel always looking for a cause. She hates that she doesn’t get the privileges the Alphas do. Even though she’s got a pretty good deal going being a Beta and all she wants more. When it comes to authority, Trina is pretty unpleasant and rude. When talking to an equal or subordinate, though, Trina is kind. She’s been known to sneak food back to her bedroom just for the hell of it.
PB: Natalie Portman
TB: Psycho Hose Beast

Cappas

Name: Grant Dunnigan
Genetic Fault(s): Grant can only read with the aid of glasses. He is also allergic to peanuts.
Personality/History: Grant is a chatty sort of guy, always starting up conversations with people no matter what their rank is. He has a short attention span, but he tries to devote his attention to worthy causes. Grant is very much in love with Nina Jordon even though she is an Alpha and has an assigned mate.
PB: Constantine Maroulis

Name: John Cartier
Genetic Fault(s): John has environmental allergies and asthma.
Personality/History: John is the stereotypical nerd. If he had the privileges that the operators of Solace have he would spend most of his days in the laboratory. He does interact with other, but he only feels comfortable talking to other Cappas or Deltas.
PB:
TB:

Name: Peyton Parker
Genetic Fault(s): Peyton has a very weak immune system and takes antibiotics regularly to keep everything in check.
Personality/History: Peyton is probably the most beautiful girl in Solace. If the ranks were based on looks alone she would be an alpha. She’s genetically cursed, though. She gets sick very easily and spends her days sniffling and displaying other signs of illness. Peyton is always trying to catch a glimpse of a better life by spying on the Alphas. It makes her sad to think about her rank and she’s always wishing for better things to come her way.
PB: Kristin Kreuk
TB: Impressions

Name: Dana Newman
Genetic Fault(s): Dana has the gene for cardiac related illnesses. While her heart is fine now, the doctors predict that she’ll develop a cardiac related illness.
Personality/History: Dana is a quiet young girl with a stutter. She’s friends with all of the Cappas but rarely speaks unless she is being spoken to. She is a good girl, always following the rules as best as she can, and accepts that she’s not fit to be an Alpha. She wants nothing more than to be able to rent movies and watch them like the Alphas can, but, alas, she’s a Cappa.
PB: Angela Bettis
TB: buffyandspike4ever

Deltas

Name: Mona Cross
Genetic Fault(s): Mona has a hyperactive thyroid and is very thin because of it. Her skin is hypersensitive to the sun’s UV rays so any time she goes to the greenhouse she must slather on sunblock. She also carries the gene for bipolar disorder.
Personality/History: Mona is sweet to just about everyone. She’s the most vain individual in Solace and spends a great deal of time fixing her hair and grooming herself to perfection. She wishes that she could have a child like the Alphas and Betas but she knows that if she was to get pregnant the operators of Solace would snuff out the tiny life inside of her. She acts like a mother to her fellow Deltas and hates to see anyone get hurt.
PB: Alexis Bledel
TB: ~*Echo*~

Name: Michael York
Genetic Fault(s): Michael is blind. Because of this, he is very gifted when it comes to sound, smell, and hearing, but the operators of Solace choose to overlook that.
Personality/History: Michael has a good heart and always chooses to look at the positive side of things. He’s always reading novels in Braille inside the library. Michael can’t help but be a little jealous of the Alphas and Betas because they have a sex life, even if it is assigned to them. He is very strongly attracted to the Cappa Dana Newman even though he can never see her face.
PB: Goran Visnjic

Name: Mari Daniels
Genetic Fault(s): Mari has a severe sort of anemia. She also has to wear strong contact lenses to see.
Personality/History: Mari is a dark sort of person, always letting her emotions get the best of her. She chooses to see the dark side of things as opposed to seeing only the positive. The only people she ever really enjoys talking to are her fellow Deltas.
PB:
TB:

Name: James Ellroy
Genetic Fault(s): James has severe asthma and is lacking in muscle because he cannot exercise faithfully.
Personality/History: James is a really sweet, chivalrous guy. He’s the type that would buy you your favorite flowers and open every door for you. He likes to cheer people up so, naturally, he hangs around Mari the most.
PB: Josh Duhamel
TB: Impressions

Rules
There is NO BOY/GIRL RULE
You can take anywhere from 1 - 5 characters.
Link to your PB.
Try to use proper grammar and spelling.
Make each post at least 2 lines in length.
Be nice.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Love the idea . It has a little bit of "The Island" in it .

Can I have....Peyton and James? Trying to think of pbs at the moment.
who you will be.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:37 PM
Total Fan

Thanks I was thinking of The Island when I made the into. That and a really freaky dream I'd had...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:58 PM
Master Fan

If I could have Trina...I would be ooooooh so happy.

And Kit, too, I -guess-.

Trina's PB: Natalie Portman

Kit's PB: Gerard Butler
Old 08-08-2005, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Mona and Taylor please?
that a broken heart is blind
Old 08-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Master Fan

Nina and Darren please

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy
Old 08-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Total Fan

ROCK ON PEOPLE.
Woot. I just got a friend on myspace. I've got a buzzzzz goin' on.
Anyway, we don't absolutely have to have every single character taken. I'll take another one, though, if nobody else joins.
rock on.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Dana pb: Angela Bettis Brooke Pb: Mila Kuniz
Old 08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Nina pb:Mena Suvari
Darren pb: Johnny Depp

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy
Old 08-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Total Fan

Awesome! We just need a few more PBs before we can start.
Okay, I need to voice my frustration. I got acryllic nail-tips for thiss family party I'm going to and I can't type worth CRAP. Hellllp meeee...
Old 08-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Taylor Ford
PB: Scott Wolf

Mona Cross
PB: Alexis Bledel
that a broken heart is blind
Old 08-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Total Fan

Hey, guys I'm starting this tonight. Just a heads-up.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

Yay
Old 08-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Yay!
Old 08-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Total Fan

Polly

Polly groaned as she got out of her comfortable bed. It was ten in the morning and that was a late start for her. She usually got up at the crack of dawn. She had some sort of clock ticking in her head that made following a schedule incredibly easy. Unlike the mothers of the past, Polly didn’t have to deal with the pains and annoyances related to morning sickness. Over the years, doctors and scientists had developed a new medicine which was very similar to the once popular drug Thalidomide. Unlike Thalidomide, though, this drug had been proven safe for the child. Polly had been assured that her child would be completely healthy once born.

She slipped out of her soft pajamas and put on some day clothes. Polly only had a few outfits that resembled the outfits people wore in the past. Skirts and dresses… All things deemed impractical by the operators of Solace. She’d kept them, though, mostly for aesthetic and sentimental reasons. The dresses were comfortable and fit around her pregnant belly. They were much more comfy than those jumpsuits the operators gave to those living in their facility.

Polly slid her feet into comfy slippers, stretching her arms out high above her head as she yawned. She exited her room and made her way to the mess hall for breakfast. She was most definitely eating for two, now. A tiny smile popped onto her face as she felt a very faint kick coming from within.

“Hello to you, too.” She rubbed her belly with her hand. Having this baby made her feel like she had a purpose. She’d never seen a pregnant woman in Solace before and wondered how they went about raising children. Would Polly be there to see her child’s first steps? Was it Polly who would bathe and care for the child? She forced those thoughts out of her head; they only made her worry.

She wondered about Kit, too. He seemed like he would make a great father. Sure, he was a little vain… Okay, very vain, but there was a side to him that he rarely showed. He was protective of Polly and made her seem safe.

Polly grabbed a tray and set a disposable paper plate on top of it. She made her way to the ‘self-service’ table of fruits and breakfast finger foods. She stocked up all of her favorite things and made her way to a table to chow down.

(Okay, that was long… Anyway, Polly’s open for interaction.)

Michael

Michael was making his way to the Library. His cane was making light tapping noises as he swayed it from one side of the hallway to the other. The cane was almost unnecessary as he’d memorized how many steps it took to go to certain places.

The garden, although he couldn’t see it, was one of Michael’s other favorite places. He could smell the fragrant blossoms as he passed the doorway that led to the botanical garden. Although he couldn’t see their beauty he could feel how delicate the petals were and sniff out each individual flower’s signature scent.

The library was calling him, though. He entered the room that smelled like the glue used to bind each page together. Some said that it was stuffy but he enjoyed the fragrance.

Michael made his way to the shelf that had Braille novels stacked on it. The shelf seemed rather puny in comparison to the ones that held novels printed with the English language, but Michael found them to be satisfactory.

(He’s open too)