Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-23-2015, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

The Purge: A MYOC Role Playing Game based on the movie

The Purge

This is your Emergency Broadcast System announcing the commencement of the annual Purge sanctioned by the U.S. Government. Weapons of Class 4 and lower have been authorized for use during The Purge. All other weapons are restricted. Government officials of ranking 10 have been granted immunity from The Purge and shall not be harmed. Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder, will be legal for 12 consecutive hours. Police, fire and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning at 7am, when The Purge concludes. Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and America, a nation reborn.

May God be with you all.

It is 6:15pm on the day of The Purge at a small private liberal arts college in upstate New York by the name of Annie Brigley College and the Purge will be commencing in exactly forty five minutes. For twelve hours, all crime will be legal. The college, in order to take the necessary precautions to protect its students, has locked its doors down to outsiders. Students are encouraged to stay indoors and pass the time by with quiet study and meditation. Naturally, some students have other ideas involving various forms of innocent debauchery.

Should any student or faculty member feel obliged to participate in the annual Purge … well, that is there legal right. Take to the hallways of Annie Brigley College at your own caution.

Rules:
1. One male and one female character to begin with. After that, it’s up to the discretion of the writer.
2. In the immortal words of Mandy, this is a mature game: mature things will happen. If you lose interest in a character and would like to kill them off, someone else will be more than happy to oblige in helping you with that task I’m sure. Let’s just keep it tasteful.
3. Be respectful of one another.
4. The profile is short, sweet and to the point in the spirit of getting this game started write away. No predetermined relationships needed. Post your profile and join the game at your own leisure.

Profile:

Name:
Played By:

Wam, bam, thank you mam. That was easy, right?
Old 02-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Master Fan

In the spirit of getting some writing going on this board again, I made one of those very simple "Here is the plot. The profiles are easy. Start writing right away." kind of games. So you literally just have to post your characters and hop right on in. The "starting" information is literally in the OP. Your characters can be students, faculty members, visiting friends/family members or ... bad people trying to get in. It's completely up to you. Just join in and start writing.

Anyone is welcome to tag Lily as her roommate, a student or one of her obnoxious dorm mates looking for more guests to attend their party down the hallway.

Name: Jeremy O’Brien
Taken By: degausser
Played By: Daniel Radcliffe

Name: Lillian “Lily” Abernathy
Taken By: degausser
Played By: Mia Wasikowska

Lillian Abernathy
It had been a beautiful day. That was one of the things Lily could never quite get over. The Annual Purge always seemed to occur, unfailingly, on a beautiful day. Not a cloud was in sight in the sky. The temperature was rather temperate for upstate New York in February. She had been able to get away with some thick knee-high wool socks and a thin cardigan for most of the day. Up until 7pm, life at Annie Bringley College carried on as normal and she had TA’s courses she oversaw for Professor Flannigan’s 19th Century English Lit class. Neither she nor her students brought up the purge but she was sure that for most of them, much like herself, it was lingering there in the back of their minds. Perhaps that was why the day had seemed so quiet, participation within class at a bare minimum. Or perhaps Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights required more than a day’s pondering to fully grasp.

She would contemplate it some other time and instead found herself sprawled across her bed, hoisted on top of her elbows as she periodically eyed the clock across her room. The tick of the clock as it ebbed slowly from 6:13 to 6:14 to 6:15 was inaudible with the sound of Chvrch’s Science/Visions played loudly from her iPod doc, but the sound seemed only to echo in her head. Lillian intended to spend this year’s purge in much the same way she did the last couple of Purges from its inception, alone for the most part, her roommate appearing to be MIA for the time being. The vibrations permeating her walls did not belong to her fully, and Lily was vaguely aware of one of those “Purge” parties taking place a couple doors down in her dorm. Lily supposed it was natural for some people to want to surround themselves by other people on a night like tonight.

Not her though. The only company she needed was loud electronic music, the Swiss Army knife her father had given her that she kept hidden in her sock and a gun she hoped she wouldn’t need to use in her Nightstand.

Last edited by degausser; 02-23-2015 at 06:13 PM
Old 02-23-2015, 08:43 PM
Master Fan

Saving a spot, but at work at the moment so 'profiles' will come tomorrow night.
Mistress of the Marvel Universe
and Roleplaying Board's fairest and kindliest Mod ever!
Old 02-26-2015, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

Name: Kerry Dennell
Taken By: winter soldier
Played By: Kit Harington

Name: Willa Kimball
Taken By: winter soldier
Played By: Allison Scagliotti
Old 02-26-2015, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Name: Nia Bishop
Taken By: Wayward Melody
Played By: Grace Gealey

Name: Errol Whitehall
Taken By: Wayward Melody
Played By: Dylan O'Brien

Feel free to tag either one, or I will tag over the weekend.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

I'm hoping to get a post or two out tonight.