I keep on talkin' trash but I never say anything
And the talkin' leads to touchin'
and the touchin' leads to sex
and then there is no mystery left

And it's bad news
Baby, I'm bad news
I'm just bad news, bad news, bad news

Portions For Foxes by Rilo Kiley

“When I came out into society I was 15. I already knew then that the role I was condemned to, namely to keep quiet and do what I was told, gave me the perfect opportunity to listen and observe. Not to what people told me, which naturally was of no interest to me, but to whatever it was they were trying to hide.”

Chicago, Illinois has been a staple in American culture for well over a century and a half. In the time of American exploration and expansion, Chicago became the transportation hub of the north aiding the expansion with river routes and railways. Having suffered and triumphed over devastating fires and landmark riots, Chicago emerges in present day as one of the nation’s most culturally and economically influential megacities after New York City and Los Angels. The Sears Tower stands as the nation’s tallest building overlooking Lake Michigan and follows in a long tradition of skyscrapers that originated in the very city it now towers high above. Owners have come and gone, but the tower still stands as an emblem of greatness for a people as rich and diverse as the city’s history and the city itself.

William Howard Taft High School is home to some of Chicago’s most diverse student population. Students come from as economically diverse backgrounds as the cultures that make up its colorful population. With one of the highest graduation rates in the city and college prepatory programs, the academic programming is vigorous and intense with the intention of preparing its students for the world at large just outside their doors.

“I practiced detachment. I learn how to look cheerful while under the table I stuck a fork onto the back of my hand. I became a virtuoso of deceit. I consulted the strictest moralists to learn how to appear, philosophers to find out what to think, and novelists to see what I could get away with, and in the end it all came down to one wonderfully simple principle: win or die.”

The Game
“You see, I have no intentions of breaking down her prejudices. I want her to believe in God and virtue and the sanctity of marriage, and still not be able to stop herself. I want the pleasure of watching her betray everything that is most important to her.”

It’s a game that transcends its name. While the most avid sports fans are keeping track of the score on a neon scoreboard or gossiping over stats of various players in the stands, another game is taking place off the field and behind the courts. It manifests in the steamy contours of the locker room when there’s nothing but a towel and a few boastful words to spurn locker room gossip. It erupts over stolen glances and scorned egos. It’s scored meticulously in the heads of those who perpetuate it. The little black books are the player’s trophies; the hearts of unsuspecting and ignorant victims are the mediums played with.

Not everyone who wears the title of “player” sees him or herself in that light. Not every heartbreaker does so intentionally. Not every conscious act is spawned from a revenge scheme. Be it boredom or apathy, the motives may differ but the rule never changes; no act is too heinous, no girl of virtue worth exemption.

Timeless in its endeavors, the game is played in every high school across the country, tallying up winners and losers that are interchangeable by default.

More than ever, love is a tireless gamble, and the stakes couldn’t be any higher.

“Those who are made worthy of love are never made happy by it.”

| Senior Players |
Adam Eneas (Kevin Zegers) AngelDevil
Blake Braxton (Justin Chatwin) In Fair Verona
Bradley “Brad” Haynsworth (Riley Smith) Excalibur
Brant Spelman (Hayden Christensen) onedur
Calder Driscol (Devon Sawa) Otep
Christopher Dendly(Ian Somerhalder) Brienchen
Channing Hurst (Branden Steineckert) onedur
Crawford “CJ” Jacobs (Mark Matkevich) Beautiful Stranger
Dalton Eldridge (Boyd Holbrook) Otep
Daniel “Danny” Bringham (James Franco) *Sarahrooie*
Daniel Westover (Hugh Dancy) Dimaranwen
Desdmond Rhodes (Orlando Bloom) FAIT_Accompli
Ford Marrison (Dominic Monaghan) x*Brooke*x
Jesse Livingston (Giovanni Cureau) Dimaranwen
Landis Ashmore (Casey Affleck) LaurieLaur
Mason Pembrooke (Cillian Murphy) In Fair Verona
Regal Johnston (Scott Vickaryous) cliffy spuffy dreamer

| Senior Femme Fatals |
Autumn Whittiaker (Elisha Cuthbert) Spike_Luver

| Senior Others |
Abraham “Abe” Jordan (Zach Braff) Spike_Luver
Aimee Vassar (Christina Ricci) FAIT_Accompli
Alexandra Evans (Alison Lohman) Dimaranwen
Alice “Aly” Davies (Eliza Dushku) mad 4 it
Anais Delecroix (Sherri DuPree) *Sarahrooie*
Anouk Schneider-Moss (Maggie Gyllenhaal) Sundance Kid
Benjamin West (Jake Gyllenhaal) Dimaranwen
Charlie Lucas (Ryan Gosling) California_Here_I_Come
Fallon Bradshaw (Kristina Anapau) In Fair Verona
Hannah Thompson (Rachel McAdams) Brienchen
James “Jamie” Spence (Leigh Wannell) fleur captives
Jerilyn Reeves (Olivia Lufkin) In Fair Verona
Joss Montgomery (Skye Sweetnam) cliffy spuffy dreamer
Julia King (Erika Christensen) x*Brooke*x
Kylie Horowitz (Adrianne Leon) Otep
Lindy Foreman (Allison Robertson) FAIT_Accompli
Madison Jacobs (Chyler Leigh) Dimaranwen
Marguerite “Meg” Thompson (Claire Danes) Old Wolf
Natalie Butler (Britney Spears) DutchMe
Nicole “Nicky” Butler (Britney Spears) DutchMe
Peter Grace (Tobey McGuire) x*Brooke*x
Rose Parker (Amber Tamblyn) tableofhearts
Sam Langston (Quinn Allman) FAIT_Accompli
Sennett Moreau (Olivia Wilde) *Sarahrooie*
Sloan Ackers (Maggie Grace) LaurieLaur
Soleil Bringham (Avril Lavigne) FAIT_Accompli
Stewie Harrison (Ben Jelen) Otep
Viviana Cullen (Katherine Heigl) onedur
Winnie Langston (Ellen Muth) fleur captives

| Junior Players |
Dorrian Piatti (Gregory Smith) Old Wolf
Dylan Hunter (Jason Dohring) mad 4 it
Jayden Yaro (Charlie Hunnam) Beautiful Stranger
Ronnie Kaufman (Conor Oberst) Sundance Kid

| Junior Femme Fatals |
Dixie Kane (Genevieve Cortese) California_Here_I_Come
Lillian “Lilli” Roberts (Hilarie Burton) cliffy spuffy dreamer

| Junior Others |
Abie Jaeger (Sarah Drew) tableofhearts
Brandin Reed (Brady Corbet) cliffy spuffy dreamer
Bridget Noble (Nikki Reed) Otep
Chase Hallowell (Milo Ventimiglia) Otep
Desdemona “Dessie” Delecroix (Chauntelle DuPree) onedur
Dorian Larwood (Emilie Hirsch) In Fair Verona
Emilia Delecroix (Stacy DuPree) FAIT_Accompli
Hayden Massey (Matt Maraccini) Otep
Khyre Petalas (Alexis Bledel) Spike_Luver
Leeita Ackers (Samaire Armstrong) x*Brooke*x
Maia Rowley (Lindsay Lohan) Excalibur
Murphy Langston (Elizabeth Berg) In Fair Verona
Ophelia Delecroix (Christie DuPree) AngelDevil
Peter Nolan (Corey Sevier) *Sarahrooie*
Sabra Salem (Blake Lively) Beautiful Stranger
Yeardley Madison (Sarah Michelle Gellar) Beautiful Stranger

| Sophomore Others |
Jake Dillon (Tom Felton) Spike_Luver

| Teachers |
Archer Weylin (Colin Firth) tableofhearts
Faith Darnell (Angelina Jolie) tableofhearts
Lance Bishop (Ioan Gruffud) In Fair Verona

Players Links
Players Recaps
Players Profiles

Previous Thread Titles
Players | New game, new city, new characters welcome
Players #2 | And so it is, the shorter story, no love, no glory, no hero in her skies

The Players Soundtrack

Before The Game:
Calculation Theme - Metric
Got You Where I Want You by the Flys
I’m Not Your Girlfriend by Aimee Allen
Lullaby by the Cure
Popular - Nada Surf
Portions For Foxes by Rilo Kiley
Romantic Rights by Death From Above 1979
Square One by Coldplay
The Twist by Metric

During The Game:
Break of Day by Victory at Sea
Control Freak by Recoil
I Love You by the Dandy Warhols
Kiss That Counted - Catie Curtis
Need To Destroy by THC
Pain by Jimmy Eat World
Perfect One by Sneaker Pimps
Recycled Air - The Postal Service
Romantic Comedy by Stars
Smoke Baby by Hawksley Workman

After the Game:
23" By Jimmy Eat World
Amputations by Death Cab For Cutie
Angels **** by Jack Off Jill
Getting Scared by Imogen Heap
Heart by Stars
High and Dry - Radiohead
Honest Mistake by the Bravery
Look What You've Done - Jet
Never Met Her by Veruca Salt
Old Habits Die Hard - Mick Jagger
Platinum by Orgy
Something I Can Never Have by Nine Inch Nails
The Blower’s Daughter by Damien Rice
Where Does The Good Go? - Tegan and Sara
Your Ex-Lover is Dead by Stars

Players Writers
AD AKA: AngelDevil
Bob AKA: Old Wolf
Alicia AKA: onedur
Bre AKA: Brienchen
Brooke AKA: x*Brooke*x
California Here I Come AKA: California_Here_I_Come
cliffy spuffy dreamer AKA: cliffy spuffy dreamer
Dana AKA: tableofhearts
Erika AKA: Otep
Joelle AKA: Elle AKA: Beautiful Stranger
Lauren AKA: LaurieLaur
Leigha AKA: fleur captives
Lisa AKA: Sundance Kid
Michelle AKA: Excalibur
Robin AKA: Robbs AKA: Dimaranwen
Sabrina AKA: Sibby AKA: In Fair Verona
Sarah AKA: *Sarahrooie*
Scarlet AKA: Letty AKA: FAIT_Accompli
Spike Luver AKA: Spike_Luver
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 08-02-2005, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OOC: Repost. Audrey's still open. Oh, and so is Landon.

Landon

I honestly don't know if I can deal with this crap for much longer. School just started up again, and it's finally my junior year. I don't know if I can even finish this year nor next year without killing myself and/or other people first. I don't even have to go. My dad has connections with a bunch of colleges. Of course he wants me to go to Princeton just like he did, but I sometimes just want to go somewhere else to see what he says or how mad he gets.

Walking out of the door with my Advanced Calculus book under my arm, I nod a 'what's up' to some fine ladies gathered at the stairs. Some of them give me annoyed looks, but I know they still want me. They can't resist that I was only with them for a night. What can I say? I'm irresistable. I let a small smirk gather on my lips as I trot down the stairs toward my car.

♥ mal
{icon by morgonrodnad}
Old 08-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

OOC: The picture of Justin; where did you find it? I wanted to possibly use him as a pb in something, but I couldn't find a decent picture of him anywhere. New profile in my next post.

Dorrian

The amount of panicked concern was enough to make my blood grow warm and cold all at the same time. The wonderful way my name fell across her lips. Dorrian. It had to have more meaning than when said about Dorian. There must be some difference for I could not ignore each presise syllable as it drifted out of her mouth. My name. My name. I knew it was less common than many out there, and by God it was a decent one at that, but her saying it made me love it in a way I'd never loved it before. She breathed heaven out when she said my name. Rachmaninoff played on in my mind. It was that glorious.

Until the words comic-book-drawer left her lips. Somehow the words just seemed to ruin the moment. And not because she was talking about that guy either. Brian? Bradley? She said his name before I was completely listening. If I thought hard enough I'm sure I'd be able to remember, but then again who wants to think that much about a name? "We've met." I said as I gathered my messenger satchel up beside me again and looked to the boy blocking me from a clear shot of Abie. "Briefly, but we've met, and both times one of us has ended up injured in doing so." Honestly it was just a little funny, but if it happens again I think I'm going to insist that we stay away from each other at all costs.
But now I believe them...
-Strong Bad
Old 08-03-2005, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

OOC: Holy cricket, I had four people to respond to.

Aimee

Aimee hadn’t been paying attention to the door she had exited through, she merely took off on her devices when the glare of an exit sign hit her eye, and pushed her way through the door with little question in mind to where it was she was going. Outside, she was suddenly hit with the strongest desire to exhale, and it was then she realized she’d been holding her breath. The door was warm against her back as she took a few moments to regroup her thoughts. She couldn’t be certain if the encounter with Chase had sparked such claustrophobic symptoms, or if it was the general swarm of people she had failed to maneuver between.

As soon as she had gained some of her lost composure, Aimee’s feet acted for her detached mind, and had a voice not called out to her, she probably wouldn’t have realized which side of the building she had walked out upon.

Funny how the sickly sweet haze hadn’t tickled her sense of smell until her eyes confirmed what her nose had grown numb to. Many pairs of bloodshot eyes fixed on her form, some familiar, but most weren’t. Mason was the exception that didn’t need to be named. And of course, his words did little else but exploit the obvious. Aimee’s response was predictable, and thus discarded as carelessly as the remnants of burnt rolled up paper that littered the floor against the wall. Of course she never expected to find herself here again, but the act was hardly intentional. “I was just passing through.” She finished dismissingly, not in the mood to exchange placated pleasantries this time around.

Soleil

Soleil watched with quiet abhorrence as Landis reached for one of his many vices, and attempted to refrain from making any faces or comments on how he was killing the environment and/or participating in assisted second degree murder (because we all know second hand smoke kills, indirectly.) And god forbid she suggest he was playing right into the hands of the nefarious tobacco company. It wasn’t so much paying extensively for a prolonged premature death that bothered her. It was those last, painful, six months of life that had you coughing up blood in a toilet because the cilia in your lungs had been burned off from years of toxic fumes and the onset of infection. It was a very glorifying death, really.

And wow, that had turned into a really morbid tangent.

Okay. She couldn’t help it, much as she tried. “Do you have to?” She questioned in reference to, well, guess. Once outside and with the aid of a small breeze blowing the smoke in her face, she couldn’t help the wrinkled grimace that found her features as she coughed and waved the grey haze out of her face.

Sam

Another missed opportunity found Sam muttering petulantly under his breath as he watched Anouk’s quick retreating form make its way through the exit upon the ringing of the bell. There was a fleeting moment when the impulse struck to chase after her in the spirit of striking up pointless small talk, but he thought better of it, deciding that he’d best not approach Anouk unless he had something relatively substantial to say to her. As soon as all his things were gathered and secured in his backpack, Sam made his way out into the parking lot with the intent of gathering his younger siblings, only to find that their car had already made its exit out of the lot. Given his record with Murphy (Murphy and Jesse: 1, Sam: a very sad and depressing 0), Sam wouldn’t have been surprised if his sister had stowed Jesse away in the car and took off for more debauchery he didn’t care to know about.

Fanatical scenarios aside, Sam was left with a fifteen minute walk home to look forward to, and pulled out his trusty Sony Discman. Before he could discover what CD currently graced the old and tired device (it was a first generation Discman, and didn’t have any fancy features like playback, shock protection, or mp3 capabilities) … a clumsy figure took a dive in the dirt face first. Sam was fortunate to be coordinated himself, and quickly stepped to the side, otherwise in his quick pace, he would have probably tripped right over Leeita and landed on her with a loud plop.

“I wouldn’t dream of it.” Sam held up both hands in surrender. He meant her no harm, white flag, etc. Though, come to think about it, her face now was funnier than the fall, and in that, he had to cough back the smallest of chuckles.

Emilia

And … he wasn’t saying anything. Well, that was awkward. Emilia wasn’t usually accustomed to people not responding to a ‘hey’ with another ‘hey.’ At the very least, they’d humor her, and mutter a pleasantry in response, just to be polite. But Hayden didn’t ev- … wait, wait … no! He was responding!

And in that moment Emilia recognized a little habit she herself was prone to performing at her most nervous moments. The nervous fidgeting. Sporadic side glances that looked like epileptic twitches to passerby’s that didn’t know any better. Emilia had always been so consumed by her own self-conscious devices, never did she consider that perhaps she wasn’t alone in being nervous around certain members of the opposite sex.

“I saw you in Bishop’s class.” She attempted to be conversational, and found it easier than she would have initially assumed. “Quiet a …” hmm, how to put it politely, “… character, that Bishop, ey?”
Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

OOC: This character just sort of came to me. It'll probably be the most classically sinister character I will ever have played on here.

Taken By: Old Wolf
Name: Lavinia Wicked
Grade: Junior
Theme Song: "Wrong to Love You" - Chris Isaak
History: One night on an unknown date an in unknown part of an unknown city, a very ugly woman ushered a very ugly man into her apartment. Though hideous in face to look at she swayed with the grace of a noblewoman over to her make-shift couch, and the old man followed her with sincere longing. He was wrinkled and decrepit, and it would be obvious to anyone who saw him that he would've been no more handsome in his youth either, but the woman pulled him with her down on to the couch, and the man in turn siezed her with a lust none could imagine. In the morning, before the lady was even awake, the man had left, disappearing into oblivion and leaving behind a ten dollar bill and a five dollar bill. Another eight months passed by when one night, alone and half drunk, the ugly woman went into premature labor. Half way through birthing the child, she passed out. Three nights later, an old nun known as Sister Serenity was coming home late from a late residential meeting when she noticed something lying on the steps of the Saint Helena Orphanage. Upon closer inspection, the Sister discovered it to be a tiny baby near death, and close by she found a note. The note read: Her name is Lavinia Wicked. She was consumated under wicked conditions.
Personality: Some say that extreme beauty is an affliction. In Lavinia's case, beauty provides her with her own private nightmare. Though her exceptional looks were the primary reason she was considered for adoption by the Harrison family and later adopted by them, they have since become a liability for her. Lavinia has been trained to be a formidable, obedient, and otherwise inobtrusive little doll of a girl even into her teenage years, the years when she should be coming into her own and defining her own personality. Lavinia has done that, but the beautiful girl you'll see today is not as lovely within as she is without. Truly she is obedient, quiet, and submissive when it comes to interaction with others, but she will take her own intiative to get whatever it is that she wants in her own way and by herself. An attractive man, be he physically or morally, is something that catches her interest, and whether they want her simply for her body as well makes no difference. Life has done enough to her by making her beautiful; all she wants is to fade into the background while at the same time using what she has to get what she wants. Besides this lust of her own, Lavinia also has a very odd attraction to death. She sees a very bizarre beauty in the concept of death and the pain of dying, a wonderment for the feelings experienced, the passing, and whatever lies for each individual in the afterlife, given that there truly is life after death. In fact, her deepest darkest longing and dream has to do with both her interests, but to admit that to anyone would mean using them to accomplish it.
Extra Curricular Activities: None yet; she's new to Taft High.
Little Black Book: Lavinia works on whims, never really taking care to note how many men she has truly bedded as long as she has them. Sometimes she remembers names. Other times, it's faces. Sometimes it's both, yet she can't put the two together. Altogether though she has to have had at least two dozen in all the places she's ever lived. The Harrisons have constantly traveled as long as she's been with them, and she's seen many places and met many people.
Target: Lavinia doesn't choose who she wants on a whim. Obviously she has to feel an attraction to them first though that could be only physical, but still she may or may not take a while finding someone she wants.
PB: Elisabeth Harnois
-Strong Bad
Old 08-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Supreme Fan

Ophelia(repost)

An almost involuntary shrug tugged at Ophelia's shoulders at his comment abuot his knowledge(or lack thereof) of the opposite sex, and at her own dismissive actions let her conscious mind question the intentinos of her actions in the few encounters she had found herself taking part in with Benjamin. there was, like most things, no set line or anything defined. If she, in the end, decided that her assumed interest in the person sitting next to her was nothing but a fleeting whim on her part, Ophelia wouldn't have tuble discarding it. It was, however, something that she wasn't going to dismiss so easily, and found herself defending his own said knowledge in a way that might ahve been uncharacteristic of her "I'm sure you're not hopeless." she said, somewhat brigthly, as if any topic that she could presently undertake would be optimistic "In fact, I'll bet you that there are a few people nestled in the 'fairer' sex that owuld be inclined to differ." What did that mean?

What do you think it meant?

Ophelia extended her legs in front of her, the full expanse oof her legs not reaching that far past Benjamin's knees. She supposed their difference in height was to be expected, though. She was the shrimp among her sisters "I guess when two people agree about something it makes the possibility of it being true higher. So yeah, it probably does count for something."

Ophelia held her hand to her heart, taking on a look that suggested that his comments hit hard against her ego "I'm surprised that you'd think such a thing!" the inredulity in her voice, however, was obviously fake, and not long after her supposed shock a smile was settling on her lips "But I can assure you that crack is not part of my daily regime." Not that she could say certain other illegal substances hadn't made their way to her lips before "Well, then that makes two of us." Ophelia said concedingly "Which probably means that the status of our report isn't too great so far. I don't think I even remember our team-mates names." Ophelia's voiced musings were almost strem of consciousness. Hmmmmm. "Here's to hoping they remember at least one of ours. One of them must have been paying attention."

Maybe, possibly.
Addicted to love like the drug of a fiend
Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Mason

Mason nodded his head in mock agreement. What else did he expect her to say? That she was feelign nostalgic? Missed her so-called friends? He pushed himself to his feet, stumbling a bit as a result from the liquor and because he was in a hurry to prevent little Miss Vassar from escaping this time. "Well, if that's the case..." Mason began, shoving aside a stoned sophomore in his attempt to get to Aimee. He moved infront of her, blocking her path. When she tried to walk around him, he only further put himself in her way. "If that's the case, then I guess this is what some people would call serendipity." He forced a smile. Really, talk of that stuff made him want to eat rocks, which was why it was so fun to mock.

He tilted his head to the side, looking at her expectantly. "Well..." He folded his arms, "Not a good-natured greeting? A small hello, a 'I'm so glad I ran into Mason Pembrooke, my afternoon is now complete?'" Mason offered, staring at her for a moment before his lips formed a small 'oh' and a look of understanding washed over his face. "Ah. You're traumatized about the project, aren't you?" He guessed, shaking his head with a satisfied smirk. "I admit, that may have been a little borderline but I think it makes the family story a lot more interesting. If it were true, it would explain why you're so detached and unfriendly." He mentioned, before pausing and interrupting his own thoughts to ask, "... You weren't by any chance raped by your father in your youth, were you?"
Old 08-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Elite Fan

Aimee

She should have known better than to think that everything would be easy from this point on. Nothing with Mason was ‘easy.’ Aimee couldn’t begin to understand what could possibly have inspired Mason to make her his new project. She wasn’t a fun person, nor was she particularly responsive. Serendipity? She could only humph. And then there was a longer sigh, because as he began to speak again, Aimee had a feeling she was going to be standing in that same place for more than a couple minutes now.

Aimee failed to see the humor in him mocking her, and while his elaborated and, to put it nicely, inventive story back inside certainly ‘livened’ things up a bit. But now Mason was just being pretentious.

“I’m not unfriendly.” Although, suggesting her father raped her, even in jest, didn’t improve her less than favorable opinion of Mason. She attempted to step around him again, only to find herself five inches closer to him, yet no more closer to her car (and essentially, freedom for the weekend) than she was any given second ago. Now, this was just getting tedious. Narrowing her eyes, Aimee’s impatience was countered by a makeshift counter attack that wasn’t exactly … oppositional. “Really Mason, you made my afternoon fifteen minutes ago. Don’t get greedy now.” And let’s face it, such a statement can’t help but be backed up by an ironic hah. Because we all know Mason really can’t help himself.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:42 AM
Addicted Fan

repost:

Hannah

This was typically Meg. She always thought she was so much older and wiser than I was- even though I was only one year younger and we also had a younger brother as well- and so she didn't even feel the need to answer my question. Well, she'd probably answer it anyway, because the topic was someone male, but she would choose the time she wanted to answer it. Pouting I opened the car door and shut it loudly, then tossed my bag with the school books onto the backseat.

Yes, I was a lot calmer than Meg was and she often called me innocent- which in my opinioin wasn't trrue, at least not if Meg said it - but this didn't mean that I couldn't get angry with my sister's attitude(s). Family members sometimes know you so well that it's know problem for them to freak you out and Meg proved that by choosing a radio station that she knew I hated. All of those songs sounded the same, and I didn't like even one of them. So yes, I really hoped that my car would be repaired by the time we'd arrive at home and that I could drive to school tomorrow- hopefully on my own.

And as if I hadn't gussed it, Meg finally decided to answer my question. And even though I had expected something like that I started to blush, bit my lips after seeing the look she was giving me glanced out onto the road and tried to think about . . . pink bananas . . . okay, the shape of a banana wasn't innocent enough to get the vision of Mr. Bishop and Meg in the classroom and on the table out of my mind. Maybe . . . neon green trash cans . . . would do a better job. And it really worked for about seven seconds, but then I noticed that Meg was waiting for an answer. "Yeah, he's kind of cute. But he's way too old for you and ergo too old for me. Getting involved with teachers is bad, they could kick you out of school for it and then you'd never get a decent job and earn enough money to get a house and kids." Okay, now she was probably giving me odd looks. "But yeah, you know." Blushing, I waited for us to arrive at home and the song in the radio to end.
My innocent eyes
Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Passionate Fan

Leeita

Her mouth went in a small half-smile while her eyes still glared slightly and her cheeks burned. "Good, because if you did i'd-" She stopped suddenly as she heard Sam's low chuckle. "Was that a laugh mister?" She scolded him with a tsk tsk sound from her mouth and pointed a finger. She leaned in close to him, smelling his cologne that he put on this morning. Taking a little breath she sneezed. "You might have put a tad to much perfume...uh..i mean cologne on this morning. Or else maybe i'm just standing a little too close then normal people do." She sneezed once more as she took a step back.

"But back to the more important thing. I specifically heard you laugh, chuckle, giggle..whatever you want to call it. And i warned you not to!!" She raised her eyebrow while still pointing at him.

She tilted her head to the side a bit, usually him and Channing were..connected at the hip? Looking around she didn't see him, which was sort of unusal. Leeita cleared her throat as she focused back on Sam. She was expecting some sort of apology considering he went agaisnt his word.

I'll kill who you hate, take off that dress, you won't freeze
Old 08-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Master Fan

Mason

"I’m not unfriendly.”

Mason didn't bother to stiffle the chuckle that escaped his lips at that statement, and he didn't bother to explain himself either because surely no words were needed. Though she wasn't going out of her way to be rude, she definitely wasn't going out of her way to be friendly (unlike the energy Mason was exerting right now), and thus - not friendly. Unfriendly. "Pardon me, little Miss Gidget-Go-Lucky." Mason apologized sardonically. "I was just repeating the rumours I've heard." And, oh, how rumours about Aimee Vassar did fly, even this far along after David's death, even after her falling out with sharp needles and rolled joints. There was the popular Aimee-Made-Him-Do-It rumour, and the controversial Aimee-Slept-With-His-Brother-So-He-Did-It-On-Purpose theory, though Mason's particular favorite was the Aimee-Vassar-Is-An-Alien hypothesis. Though one would assume it pathetic on Mason's part for having an open ear for such gossip, Mason must retort with the simple inquiry of who doesn't here about this sort of stuff?

"Yes, I do realize that I'm being rather pushy and irritating, but that's really of little consequence to me." Mason began, further moving in her way, "But, you can end your suffering quicker if you agree to do me one little favor." There was the Pembrooke side of him, ever the business man, shining through, making negotiations that heavily favored him and backing people into a corner. "It just so happens that I'm in need of a Homecoming date. Well, not necessarily in need, per say. I would simply prefer one. A good one. I've chosen you." He said this as if it were some kind of honor. "Yes, well? What do you say? I'm willing to make this work to your advantage as well. If you agree to go with me, I swear on my grandfather's grave, I won't talk to you until Homecoming. I won't even sneer or smirk. This is really an offer you can't refuse."
Old 08-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Loyal Fan

OOC: If anyone wants to plan some interaction with Lavinia come the skip, pm me.

Meg

Oh Hannah. Hannah, Hannah, Hannah. So young, so pretty, and so desperate to analyze every single thing said to her. Marriage? Kids? If I ever get married it won't be for quite a while anyways. And maybe by that time the age difference and the fact that the man's my teacher won't be such a liability for my dear Mr. Bishop. Of course she was just as attracted to him as I was; she just wasn't as forward about it as I was. Sometimes I wondered how we could've grown up so unlike each other. Perhaps I was the one with the artistic flair, but Hannah was always prettier and easier to get along with despite my attempts at social interaction. Plus she only has her own person to worry about, and not someone else who hasn't the decency to have stayed in their own freakin' body.

Eh hem?

Yeah, you heard me.

I'm sure I had no choice in the matter. Were it my choice, I might've very well picked your darling sister over you.

I'll bet you would've. Hannah Thompson. She'd be anyone's favorite.

Home wasn't that far away from school. It was a nice place to come home to. It was big, a modern/Mediteranian style house with a gate and all that. We were wealthy. No sense in denying it. We tried not to let it get to us, but let's not fool ourselves. Money's money, and we had quite a bit of it. Which actually made a great comback to what Hannah had just said. "Let's not forget Hannah," I retorted, "our pockets aren't exactly empty. If worse comes to worse, and we end up getting kicked out for whatever reason, Mom will probably just pay our way into a nice private school which now that I say it sounds immoral in itself, but it is altogether true." Pulling into the garage I grabbed my bag from the back and then threw Hannah's to her as I continued, "In the meantime, there's no harm in at least fantasizing over Mr. Bishop. You should no me; I'd never try to persue something like that in reality, but because of that he makes the perfect person to have a crush on."
-Strong Bad
Old 08-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Passionate Fan

OOC: Can the bandmates of the girl's band please PM me as soon as possible?(Please before Saturday) Just so i dont forget anyone and if anyone has suggestions of a name..

And meet Wildchild Suki..

Taken By: x*Brooke*x
Name: Suki Washington
Grade: Senior
Theme Song: N/A.
History: Suki was born into a lazy hippy mother that sat around all day lightening up incense and with her father who was having the most obvious affair with his secretary. Since both of her parents didn’t have the desire to actually work for something they were in the low-class section of people in their town. Suki had to make her best by learning how to make her own clothes and get the groceries. Though her mother never loved him enough to care about his other side girls. Suki was always seeking for attention, even as a little girl. She’d pull tantrums in stores and run away so her mother would act like a normal mother and actually care. At thirteen she knew she would never be able to forgive her mother for her selfishness and her fathers lack of faithfulness. Her friends became her air, she lived through them and when her mother and father soon decided to divorce since they found no point in sharing a house when they didn’t care enough about each other to talk. Suki began to suffocate under the pressures of being a new kid in Chicago. Pretty soon she turned to drugs, weed and coke were her regulars. She was rebellious and moody, and being forced to live with her mother was horrible enough. She missed her friends incredibly and made pot her new best friend. Though eventually she made friends, and on her sixteenth birthday she tried heroin the first time. Soon she was addicted, her new friends were easy supplies of needles and other drug paraphernalia. It took all her pain away, and she looked at it as a savior rather than an addictive substance. She was definitely influenced by music through her younger years, and she decided on starting a band. Putting a flyer out a school she was surprised at the responses. And now being in the band for a year and a half she’s driven for a record deal. She wants to have fans that will relate and love the band, not for fame or looks but for the lyrics, the riffs of guitars and the beat of the drums.
Personality: She’s very outspoken and loud, but at the same time she can be shy and humble. She’s unpredictable, and the only thing personality trait that stays the same is her notorious reputation of being extremely moody. She likes to have things her way, and she has extremities, huge highs and even bigger lows in life. She pours herself into her music, and she doesn’t give a damn if people like it/her or not. She gets excited over little things but gets depressed at the easiest moment. She’s the kind of person that loves the feeling of being sick and hates the feeling of being lonely.
Extra Curricular Activities: Singing for “the” band.
Editorial: She doesn’t give a fuck what they do. To her their pussies that think too highly of themselves.
Crush: ..
PB: Brittany Murphy

I'll kill who you hate, take off that dress, you won't freeze
Old 08-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

OOC: Sam in a bit. Movie time.

Aimee

Aimee Vassar did something almost unrecognizable. Something so foreign, something for lack of a better expression, ‘rusty,’ it almost felt like a choke. Aimee Vassar laughed. She had to actually reexamine the laugh after the fact, to figure out if it was genuine or sparked by sardonic malice. Or maybe the absurdity of the proposition and its delivery simply sparked something dormant inside of her. In that moment, Aimee decided Mason insane. A glutton for punishment. Not brave (like those who organized their lives around the gossip of other people, might assume), insane. Oh, and how he had become quite the negotiator. Or perhaps this fact simply evaded her in her previously inebriated states. If she were the suspicious sort, she might have pried as to whether or not this was a first for them: and if she had been as susceptible before hand.

But Aimee’s history had little mention of Mason, save for his role in fueling her nasty little vices. And now it looked as if that beckoned to change.

“You, Mason …” she paused thoughtfully, “… are very tempting.” All those after school drama productions were starting to come in handy, and surely he sensed her counter placation. She watched him seriously suddenly, already having made up her mind. But he didn’t need to know that yet. “And after Homecoming?” So. Absurd. For more reasons than the obvious. “Can you guarantee my peace of mind after I fulfill the second end of the bargain?” As if she couldn’t bare his company, sneer and all. Really. She wasn’t unfriendly. She didn’t think favorably of Mason, but she didn’t think favorably of most people, not even herself. Thus was the mark of the pseudo-nihilistic cynic. It was all show and tell, really.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

Wow. I also have four. Weird how that happens.

Jesse

Jesse nodded almost imperceptibly to her comment as he found himself actually contemplating its meaning. Although the alternative to saying please (i.e. being flayed alive) sounded quite appealing (despite Jesse's deep attachment to his skin; it hadn't done anything wrong by him), Jesse wondered if he could make such an effort so dependent on another's whim. He had his doubts. Jesse couldn't really think of anything he wanted enough to cater to someone's needs, even for just an instant. No, he was perfectly fine being strictly self-absorbed.

"As interesting as it is to hear about what most people feel about such a simple word..." Jesse said pointedly. "I remember asking if it would produce the desired effect on you. Is that such a personal question that you will use any means to avoid answering it clearly?" Jesse smirked, knowing that he might just be getting a little carried away and impinging on the girl's 'fragile' nerves and upstanding patience. Jesse was known for pushing his luck, and he rarely suffered for it. Of course, he didn't believe in 'luck.' He had enough confidence in his looks and charm to persistently ask questions without any worries as to whether they would be ignored or be concerned with his less than reputable behavior reflecting on the overall opinion of him. Jesse was relatively carefree. "Would you please answer me?" He said mockingly.

Daniel

Usually, Daniel had a pretty good opinion of himself as a 'lover.' He never had any complaints (at least not to his face) and was just generally a...confident person. Currently, however, his head wasn't in the right place at all. It was a mess of confusing thoughts that were throwing him off. He couldn't concentrate on the amazing girl underneath him, and he couldn't begin to explain why. Because that would take more thought, and he really didn't need that right now. He didn't even have any incentive to think, considering the alternative. Daniel closed his eyes, attempting to push all thought from his mind and instead focus on what was hopefully in store for him.

But he just couldn't do it. Daniel was rarely analytical and never overly so. Yet here he was, trying to think all of this through and not being able to, and that inability drove him crazy. At the risk of sounding stupid and possibly throwing away what Daniel had been hoping for for quite a while, he pulled away, opening his mouth to try and explain what he was feeling, but not very coherently. "Rose...this doesn't. This doesn't make any sense. I just feel like this is something we're going to regret." Since when did Daniel care about that? He was in the game of breaking hearts, although he liked to believe he never did it purposely. The girls he had slept with were usually well aware of his intentions and busy schedule. Daniel had a feeling Rose didn't really know about his misdeeds. He had done a pretty good job of covering them up so far.

Benjamin

Benjamin simply didn't have the constitution to stomach optimism; therefore, he rarely ever relied on it. He tbelieved that such happy, bright thoughts were simply misconceived and misleading. Several other trains of thought just appealed to him more. Cynicism was realistic. Pessimism left little room to be disappointed. Benjamin was happy to be viewed as morose and jaded in exchange for keeping low, dark expectations. They had gotten him this far without much injury. Benjamin's philosophy took shape when he learned the true nature of his family, and rather than remain hopeful and perhaps change the business from within, he left it completely. Maybe Benjamin's departure could be equated with giving up, but he saw his decision as the only realistic one. He preferred to criticize as the detached observer, able only to analyze rather than change. So here Benjamin was, intent on disapproving of everything and having little faith in mankind. Yet his lip didn't characteristically curl in disgust upon hearing Ophelia's encouragement. He couldn't exactly pinpoint why. Ophelia's delivery was certainly different, her way of expressing the positive words. Benjamin found most so-called 'optimists' far too...happy and buoyant. "Point out a few of these 'people,' and then maybe my opinion is subject to change," he replied.

"Well, considering that we are people of at least moderate intelligence, I'd have to agree with you." An agreement met by two, 'stupid' people could hardly count for anything, but Benjamin neglected to mention that, feeling that he had made his point well enough.

"Fine, fine. You don't do 'crack.' Then what, pray tell, is part of your daily regimen?" Benjamin asked, partly in jest. He really didn't know Ophelia well enough to assume she dabbled in mind-altering substances. "Out of the two of thus, then, you can hope that the others were listening. I don't have much faith in my peers. Besides, I'm sure most of our responsibilities are spelled out to us. They have to make this sort of thing idiot-proof, considering that people lacking intelligence infest the halls of William Taft High."

Madison

Madison, although not predisposed to burdening a relative stranger, was tempted by Sloane's offer. She knew that something like that was hard to come by. Sloane seemed to care, and that was almost incentive enough to completely relieve herself of all her worries. She knew that her brother or father couldn't distinguish one mood from another when concerning her. Madison simply felt slightly varying degress of depression to them, dismissed as a bomb waiting to go off, just like her mother. So they would be little help to Madison. Yet Madison's guise of sanity was better kept preserved. She wanted to forget about this day and her error in mistaking Lance for a man that cared or as just different from other guys.

"Better done with," she said briefly. "But thanks for the offer. It's just...an opposite sex problem. It'll pass. I'll stop beating myself up over accepting yet another guy's ploys for honesty." She shrugged, running a hand through her hair. "It's part of life for the easily misguided, I suppose."