Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-23-2005, 07:20 PM
Extreme Fan

The Otherside

The Otherside

The lines between morality and immorality blur when the clouds of war linger over the destoryied land known as Europe. An insane leader plans and brain washes a nation devasted by a Great Depression. Millions will die during the course of six years, plagued by war and famine. What caused this madness? The lose of what was believed to have been a so-called sane world? Meanwhile across a ocean, stood a so-called peaceful country called America, it is trying to keep it's self from Europe's conflict.

The Otherside is basically about Allied and Axis soldiers as they try to survive a world war.

Here's the profiles

Soldier

Name:
Nationality: (Canadian, German, American or British)
Describe: Personality in two or more words, family, brief history, and rank.
TB:
PB:
Picture

Ghost/Guide

Name:
Who she/he guides:
Describe: Personality, family, brief history and cause of death
TB:
PB:
Picture

Here's some already made characters.....

Name: William Traper
Nationality: British
Describe:
-Personality: Honest, loyal and brave
-Family: his parents, John and Martha Traper live in Manchester
-Brief History: William Traper was born in 1922, in Lancaster. He didn't go to school, his parents need him to help out with the farm. When he was twenty, he joined the army, two years before the war started. He was training to be a tank drive before the war officially started.
TB: FAIT_Accompli
PB: Chris Martin

Name: Clark Robinson
Nationality: Canadian
Describe:
-Personality: naive, loyal and honest
-Family: Orphan, didn't know his true parents
-Brief History: Clark Robinson was born in 1920, in Toronto, Canada. His parents were killed in a fire and he was placed in a orphan's home. He joined the army when he turned seventeen and he befriended an American, named Thomas Pullman during basics.
TB: ~Tina_Greer~
PB: Nicolas Brendon

Name: Michelle
Who she/he guides: Thomas Pullman
Describe:
-Personality: kind, honest and friendly
-family: Orphan, her parents died when she was young
-Brief History: Michelle was born in June 1893, in Lancaster, England. Her parents were killed by a fire that destroyied half the block. She was a teacher before she died. Now she helps guide Thomas Pullman, she can't be seen by anyone, but him.
-Cause of Death: Suicide
PB: Anne Hathaway

Name: Thomas Pullman
Nationality: American
Describe:
-Personality: brave, loyal and respectful
-Family: Parents live in LA
-Brief History: Thomas Pullman was born 1918, in Seattle. His father died in a shipping accident. When he was twenty, he decided to join the Canadian army after becaming a Canadian citizen in 1926. He befriends a Canadian, named Clark Robinson. He also talks to a spirtiual guide of some sorts, named Michelle.
PB: Tom Welling

ANd yes, made up characters are allowed

anyone interested in joining?
Old 07-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Elite Fan

Reserving Sean Patrick Flannery , Will Smith, Sarah Michelle Gellar, and Dustin Hoffman.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Soldier

Name: Robert Hestle
Describe: Courteous, funny, sarcastic, He has a father only who had his leg shot off in World War 1. So he always had to take care of his father.
TB: buffyandspike4ever
PB:Will Smith

Name: Sean Robins
Describe: Calm, collected, His whole familiy is praying for him to come home especially his wife. He has two kids both little twin girls.
Tb: buffyandspike4ever
Pb: Sean Patrick Flannery

Ghost/Guide

Name: Alina
Who she/he guides: Guides Robert.
Describe: loving and sympathetic, none, She was murdered by pirates.
TB: buffyandspike4ever
PB: Sarah Michelle Gellar

Name: Homer
Who he guides: Guides Sean
Describe: troublemaker, and joker. He had his head chopped off.
Tb: buffyandspike4ever
Pb: Dustin Hoffman
Old 07-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Cool, we just need two more people and then we can begin.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

Much thanks for the invite.

Assuming William hasn't been snatched up yet, I'll go ahead and take him, along with a deceased female. Her profile will be in as soon as I can figure out a PB.
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 07-24-2005, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Thanks so much for the invite

I'll take a
Soldier: PB Rob Estes and a girl ghost, unsure of who I want her PB to be at the moment
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 07-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Just take your time, I don't mind
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Hope those are good

Name: Henry Robsin
Nationality: American
Describe:
-Personality-Brave, Dark, Aloof
-Family: Has siblings, use to live on a farm
-Brief History: His father was apart of the army. It went from one generation to the other and it never stopped. His father was never around that much. The rest of the family worked on the farm. It was hard sometimes but they managed. Henry always dreamed about wanting to help out in the army and make a difference. He sighed up without his family's consent because they didn't want him to get hurt. He's in it now
Tb: Cliffy
Pb: Rob Estes

Name: Kathryn
Who she/he guides: TBA
Describe:
-Personality: Motherly, Spunky, Impulsive
-family: She had family but she lost them
-Brief History: Kathlyn did have family. She use to live on a small little farm. She was the middle child out of five and they were poor. They barely had enough money to keep food on the table. Kathryn's twin brother died because of a accident out on the field. Kathryn ran away from the farm and took his place on the field. She wanted to make a difference and it was only short lived. She soon joined her brother
-Cause of Death: She was brutally killed and raped by some of the guys on the other side. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time and they killed her just because of her status
Tb: Cliffy
Pb: Bethany Joy Lenz
Old 07-25-2005, 03:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Well still umm wait for FAIT_Accompli,but in the meanwhile we might as well start since most of use are ready......

This RPG starts off hours after D-day, but there are still pockets of resistance inland as the allies try to move forward. Two British tank divisons move in with Canadian and British foot soldiers. The near by French villages are the meeting places for some of the allied troops as they moved further inland. Some Germans hold some parts of the village.

Clark:

I walked along slowly through a small French village, me and Thomas were following a group of British tanks, we were also followed by some Canadian and British soldiers. I held my rifle, loaded and ready at any moment. The sounds of machine gun fire are distant, but somewhat audible as we moved along the street toward the end of the street.

Michelle:

I walked alongside the tank in front of Thomas and Clark. I wasn't sure what to say at this moment, I wasn't sure what was beyond the end of the road. I wasn't all knowing, I'm dead, but I'm not a fortune teller. I just guide Thomas through this and hopefull, he'll survive. I just wonder how many of these teenage boys will make it back alive.

Thomas:

I notice that my guide was worried, I was too. I just hoped that no German was at the end of this street or lane, what ever it was. The sounds of machine gunner fire seem to get louder as we walked toward the end of the lane. I just thought to myself, if I could make it to the end of this lane, then this could bring me one more day closer to ending this war and returning to my mother and back to my life as it were before the war started.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:48 AM
Master Fan

Henry
I leaned up against the cold metal of the tank that I was the closest to. I stared forward before reaching down moving the helmet on my head so that it wouldn't be sinking down into my line of view. The dust around me stung the skin that wasn't hidden by the army green outfit I was wearing. It was hot. I could still feel the sun even when I had clouds present, hiding the sun. I reached up, with a dirty hand and wiped away the dirty sweat that was being produced. My arms and legs ached. I wanted to sit down but I couldn't. I was hungry as well. I ignored the constant growlings of my stomach. I could hear the sounds of gun fire going off in the distance. I could hear foot moving. I could hear screams. I tried not to look at the horrid sights infront of me. They were unreal. They were totally unreal. I was use to the smell of blood drying on hot sand now. I was use to the feeling of blood against the finger tips and the look of a dead mans face would always fill my mind and haunt me. If I managed to survive this, this was something that I would never forget. I could never forget this place. This was hell. It was. I reached below me and picked up the gun that I was carring. I heaved it over my shoulder and looked around me, squinting my eyes slightly. I started to walk, I was alert. I always had to be alert and watchful of things. Lives depended on that

Kathryn
I lost the gang. They were ahead of me but I got tired of walking. I made me way and sat down on a rock that was close by. I stretched out my legs infront of me. I wasn't worried about anyone causing me any trouble. That was kind of hard. I was a ghost. They couldn't kill me twice. I looked like any other teenage girl. I looked like a regular breathing girl but I wasn't. I was different. I was dead. It was a fact that I still wasn't ready to accept yet. It was hard to. It was really hard to accept that fate. I still remembered things from my human years. I missed those things, some of them. I reached down and picked a flower out of the ground. It amazed me that even times like these, there was still beauty in this world. I started to pull the brightly colored yellow pedals that were covered in dust off. I hummed softy as I went. This is what I did before I died...I loved doing this even now...when I'm dead
Old 07-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Extreme Fan

Clark:

The tank in front of me stopped. "Why did you stop?!" I yelled to the driver as I stood there. Looking around, the rest of the tanks were stopped as well. "OK, let's move on." I said to the rest of the men as I started to walk along side the tank. I started down the road, the machine fire became louder, it didn't scare me any more. Several hours were filled with death, I was glad my friend was there with me, Thomas and me were close. I then told the soldier beside me to tell the others that there might be a artillery piece blocking our path.

Michelle:

I walked toward the first tank, it was blown to pieces. What blow up? There was no... I paused for a moment, there in the brush, lay a small group of Germans and an anti-tank gun. I sighed again, there was three roads and they criss crossed into this spot. I then walked back, "There's a anti-tank gun in front of you" I said to Thomas as I stood there.

Thomas:

I turned to Michelle, I sighed and started to walk down the road. It was odd though, for a moment, I wasn't scared, I just knew that I had to get pass that gun, that one piece of artillery. I knew there had to have been more the one piece of artillery. But I didn't care, my friend was beside me and I wasn't the only one who wanted to go home. I loaded my rifle and was ready to fire at any German that tried to jump me.