Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

New York University | Yeah. It's back again.

| New York University |
Another turning point a fork stuck in the road
time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
its not a question but a lesson learned in time

“A tradition of excellence. A legacy of innovation.” New York University is by far one of the most distinguished and notable institutions of higher learning in the United States. Centered right in the heart of New York City, Greenwich Village, studying at New York University does not just pit you in the hands of the school, but of the entire city itself.

Students of New York University don’t just prepare for life during their four year stay, they embark on a new life the second they step foot on the expansive campus. Vibrant and lively, NYU is constantly changing, constantly evolving, and naturally it encourages its students to do the same. Consisting of a total of fourteen colleges and Universities, NYU offers something for everyone and it’s wide variety of educational majors draws in people from all over the world.

While our story centers around the students involved vigorously in their studies at NYU, it’s main focus is their lives, and how both the school and the city weave their ways in and out of their lives. When you live in the city that never sleeps and you study at one of the finest and most reputable of institutions in the world, life never stands still, and more importantly, the people never stand still.

This story is about the relationships and the connections formed during college. It’s about the keg parties and the sororities. It’s about the classes and the professors. It’s about friends, and lovers, and adversaries. It’s about the ups and the downs, the heartaches, the challenges, and the changes. It’s about the good and the bad, the right and the wrong, the mistakes and the opportune chances sometimes taken and sometimes not.

Most importantly, it’s about life, and the choices that come with it.

Its something unpredictable
but in the end is right
I hope you have the time of your life

| The boring stuff no one ever reads but should. |
Right. So … it’s back. Again. I don’t know how many times I’ve done this, but I’m doing it again. The basic rules apply: Boy/Girl rule: You must follow it unless you talk to me ahead of time. Few exceptions will be made. This is a game for old RP characters, so I’d like to see old characters played. If you feel you’d rather put in new characters though, I won’t stop you. Good grammar and spelling is always appreciated, and spell check is everyone’s best friend. Bold the subjects in your profile or you won’t be added. And, finally, I’d like to see this last a while. If you join, make sure you’ll post, and only take on as many characters as you can handle.

| List of Majors |
Being the oh so nice person that I am, I’ve provided you with a link of majors NYU offers which can be found here.

| Spots |
| Player | FAIT_Accompli
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |
| Player |

| The Profile |

Taken By: Your FF Name
Name: First and last. Indicate nicknames with ** or ().
Year: Freshmen – Senior
Major: Again. Self-explanatory.
Original Role Play: What’s the original game? If there is none, but “N/A”.
Theme Song: This is optional.
Personality: Six adjectives. Big words are nice and all, but if no one understands any of them, they’re just going to completely overlook your character. Keep that in mind.
Brief Background Information: I’m actually not limiting this section. Do what you want. Include background information, anything that happened in the game they were in, and what brought them to New York and what they’ve been doing in New York.
PB: Name and Picture
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 07-25-2005, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

I’m not going to get into this too much, but …

Don’t worry about reserving PBs. This is the one exception where multiple PBs are aloud. It was my intention to create a game that gave writers the opportunity to play old characters again, and obviously, people use the same PBs sometimes. Hopefully we can be mature about this.

I’m also going to present Players members with a bit of a Players “timeline.” We always end up clashing with years, and I’m going to say right now that in the end … I don’t care if you honor this or not. If you want to play someone from a recent game a few years down the line, feel free to. Fiction offers that flexibility. But if you’d like to honor the time line below, it might just be easier on all of us in the end.

Players 1: (which, you know, I don’t think there’s anyone around anymore who was actually in it, save for Leigha towards the end)
Seniors: It’s been four years now. They would have graduated from college, meaning they’re either too old for this game, or you’ll have to find another way to incorporate them. The most obvious option, make them a grad student.
Juniors: In college, they will be fourth years in the coming fall.
Players 2:
Seniors: Will be fourth years/seniors in the coming fall.
Juniors: Will be third years/juniors in the coming fall.
Players 3:
Seniors: Will be third years/juniors in the coming fall.
Juniors: Will be second years/sophomores in the coming fall.
Players 4:
Seniors: Will be second years/sophomores in the coming fall.
Juniors: Will be first years/freshmen in the coming fall.
Players 5 and Players 6:
Seniors: Will be first years/freshmen in the coming fall.
Juniors: Will still be seniors in high school, and should technically be no where near NYU (as the university instills heavy security to the dorms and the classrooms, and anyone without an ID doesn’t get in). But hey. It’s fiction. I’m sure you could work something out if you really put your mind to it.

The characters I intend to bring in, for future reference.

Aislin Drysdale (and Emily Drysdale) – Avril Lavigne – Players 6 - Freshmen
Amura Laughlin – Majandra Delfino – Players 1 – Graduate Student
Desdmond Dunham – Ben Jelen – Dangerous Liaisons – Freshmen
Stone Young – Riley Smith – Players 2 – Senior
Old 07-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Yay Stone.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Extreme Fan

OK sounds interestin, here's my profiles....

Taken By: ~Tina_Geer~
Name: Michelle Casillas
Year: Freshmen
Major: Animation
Original Role Play: n/a
Theme Song: Why not by Hilary Duff
Personality: Nice, trustworthy, brave, naive, mature and innocent
Brief Background Information: Michelle moved to New York after she graduted from high school. She lived in California for 15 years and decided a change of pace was a good thing. She had said goodbye to most of her family and friends that stayed in California.
PB: Heather Matarazzo
Old 07-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

Spot thanks.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:29 AM
Total Fan

Taking a spot. I'm bringing back my one guy char from the last time tho, just because I'm attached. I'll come up with a new girl though
Old 07-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

I'm in, Um...I'm returning Lillian Roberts since I love my little unstable basketcase lol and some random guy, I'll come up with something for him

PB's Chris Pratt and Hilarie Burton

those might change and I might add on more characters, those are what I want to reserve right now
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 07-26-2005, 05:49 AM
Total Fan

Girl is going for a revamp, not sure at the moment about her, but I just wanted to get him posted

Taken By: Pixie Queen
Name: Anakin *Ani* Dawson
Year: Sophomore
Major: Drama/ Theatre
Original Role Play: The previous version of NYU
Theme Song: "Almost Crimes"- Broken Social Scene
Personality: Soft spoken, Quiet, Honest, Hardworking, Creative, Loyal
Brief Background Information: Anakin Dawson is your typical good kid. Never faults anybody, never tries to hurt anybody and mostly does keep to himself in the aspect so he's a bit of a loner. He's an international transfer student, not many know that he hails from Newfoundland, because he's taught himsef English even though his family is half French-Canadian. He never speaks in French and if you figure out his nationality he won't do it, he'll sometimes mumble in French though, but only when he's saying something he doesn't want to be heard saying out loud. Most think he's weird and it's not like he cares what they say about him, he likes it that way, his life is coated with less Drama. Of course, even with that being his major he had more of that back home in his younger years when his mother died in a car accident, his father got sent to jail for drug trafficking, and his brother.. well his brother turned into a crack addict and got high on an over dose one night, dying on his way to the hospital then a few months after his sister was raped and murdered on her way home from a rock concert. By that time Anakin was 15 and he's had to live with his aunt, for so many years who sent him to the local college. He did major in art, and he is quite the talented artist, but he went out one night, and got caught in the meelee of a playhouse that was going outside for a break, he couldn't protest much because he's not the type, so he let himself be pushed inside the playhouse, and he couldn't believe what he saw on the stage. After that it'd never been more clear to him on what he wanted to study in college. Acting. Dropping art, much to the outraged disapproval of his aunt, he started studying acting quietly sitting in on one of his friend's classes, after re-registering his classes. Where he was introduced to a professor, later in the end his Freshman year that changed his way of thinking on acting he was thrilled when that same professor mentioned a program during the summer that allowed twenty five to twenty of the best students to travel to England to study until the beginning of their next year. In England, he found that he was coming into his own over the summer and eventually by the end of the year captivated all of his audiences and connected with them when ever he performed. Rather than make the treck to Toronto, someone in the audience of one of his plays was a recruitment offcer for NYU and with the letters and various praises he'd recived that summer in England from fellow performers and his acting teachers and the people in his hometown of Centreville he packed up and moved onto the New York University campus to start his 'career' and maybe make his acting more stronger. He has to admit though, he has a certian unsure quality of New York, and he's too trusting, when he opens up to someone, that's why he doesn't trust many and at this point.. he's not sure if that's good or bad he just has hhis eye on what he wants to do, and that's good enough for him. He's already the talk of some people around NYU who've gotten copies of his theatre performances, and the various pieces of net information out online about his acting, regardless he doesn't care, he just keeps to himself and who could blame him for that much after his personal life sounds like something from a daytime soap opera. People know he's special but they figure that's only because he continues to surprise them in what he does and how he acts from what they know of him he's very open, and wide eyed, he's also a vegetarian with a penchant for Canadian Indie Rock, and writes his own music and even stories, but he doesn't let that distract him from his acting and probably never will.
PB: Andre Noble

Old 07-26-2005, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Def. joining this! Will bring in my guy Sawyer (PB: Mike Vogel) from Broken Hearts. Will make a new girl.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

Ok you know me...can never resist to bring back my all time favorite love...

Kaden McClaine--PB Matthew Twining-Players...5? I think. whatever 2 players ago.-fourth year
Aiden Sawyer--PB Johnny Whitworth-Journal character-third year
Meadow Warner--PB Robin Tunney-Players 4-graduate student
Sinclaire Lawson--PB Mealinie Wllis-Players 5-fourth year
Dante Strickland--PB Casey Affleck-Journal Character-Second year

Knowing me these will most likely change.
I'm Shellie's new boyfriend, and I'm out of my mind. You ever so much as talk to Shellie again, you even think her name, and I'll cut you in ways that'll make you useless to a woman.-My Superman, Dwight
Old 07-26-2005, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

Delivery...

Taken By: California_here_I_come
Name: Sawyer Phillips
Year: Senior
Major: Law (Criminal)
Original Role Play: Broken Hearts Club
Theme Song: Welcome To My Life - Simple Plan
Personality: Experienced, Focused, Reserved, Observant, Cautious, and Charming
Brief Background Information: Sawyer doesn’t really like to talk about where he comes from. He’s ashamed of it. You see, Sawyer was raised by his mom since his dad died of a drug overdose when Sawyer was only a toddler. Sawyer’s mom was an alcoholic and was rarely around. When she was home she verbally abused Sawyer. Sawyer played soccer and any other sport he could to stay out of his house. He studied hard in hopes of getting into his dream college…NYU. It was big and away from his mom. Sawyer got in and is now in his fourth year there.
PB: Mike Vogel

Taken By: California_here_I_come
Name: Diana *Di* Kirby
Year: Sophomore
Major: French
Original Role Play: N/A
Theme Song: It’s a Heartache - Trick Pony
Personality: Vivacious, Stubborn, Carefree, Flirtatious, Comical, and Bold
Brief Background Information: Di has had a very typical life. Well, to her it’s typical. She grew up in Maryland and is the daughter of one of the richest men there. Her whole life has been one big party. She’s never known anything but money and boys. Even after two years of college in New York. Since Di has so much money she doesn’t live on campus. She has her very own apartment near NYU. Being the cultured girl she is, Di chose French as her major. She already speaks it fluently so she knew it would be a breeze. After she graduates, she is planning on remaining in New York and spending all her daddy’s money. Life is good.
PB: Taylor from Laguna Beach
Old 07-26-2005, 09:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Spot!

Final list

Cedric Pembrooke - Orlando Bloom - Players 5 - Sophmore
Alexander James - Hayden Christensen - Endless Summer - Freshmen
Charlotte Cooper - Rose Byrne - Players 6 - Freshmen
Elizabeth Harding - Scarlett Johansson - Players 6 - Freshmen

Old 07-26-2005, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Hope she's good. Other will come later

Tb: Cliffy
Name: Lillian Roberts *Lilli*
Year:: Sophomore
Major: Drawling/Creative writing
Theme Song:
Original Role Play: Players 7
Theme song: Runaway Train By Soul Asylum
Personality: Cynical,Vulnerable, Creative, Witty, Jaded, Snarky
Brief Background Information: Lilli knows a lot about pain and lost. Her whole young life has been based around those two words. Lilli's early life started just the same as everyone elses and it was happy for the most part. She was a only child. She always wanted a sibling but she managed just fine with not having one. She got along with her parents. They were great until Lilli was around the age of 10. Her mother hated the life she was living. She hated being a mother and a wife. She was often depressed and felt so alone. She felt like there was no other escape for her in life. To be honest, she was just faking it all through Lilli's life with the smiles. She thought she could continue to fake it but she couldn't anymore. Their marriage was shattered and she couldn't stand it. One night she decided to hang herself when they weren't home. They returned home to see her hanging lifelessly from the fan. Lilli has never been the same after that. Her outlook changed. Her mother died, killed herself. It wasn't her time to die. She died at her own hands because she didn't want to live anymore. Lilli began thinking that her mother didn't love her enough to stay around. Her father never really recovered from it either. He started to leave and hardly ever came home. He basically wasn't there for Lilli when she needed him the most. Lilli felt like he was gone just the same as well. Lilli's life at school didn't get any better. People always questioned her life. They continue to. They all seem to know her story and some even twist it slightly. Lilli can never escape it or get over it. Lilli changed after that. She was no longer the girl she once was. Her father remarried 3 years later to another woman and Lilli felt majorly betrayed. Lilli has always found it hard to let anyone in and the woman and her often clashed. The woman was Ms. Sunshine all the time and Lilli couldn't stand people like that. She didn't like the fact that her dad could pick up so easily and forget about her mother and how he expected to become a family again with this new woman especially after the fact that he shoved her away. Lilli pushed him away like he did her and after some debate, she decided to live with her aunt. She can't stand her father. She hates him. She lives with her aunt who lives on the wealthy side of town. Lilli likes this life, she absorbed it and there's no way in hell she's going back to the way she lived before but that life is constantly following her where ever she goes. She can't escape it. Lilli decided she couldn't stay in Chicago anymore. Everyone knew the story and she couldn't take it anymore. She went off and went to college, still trying to escape the life that won't allow her too. She wants to start all over again and she believes this is her chance
Pb: Hilarie Burton
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 07-26-2005, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Mercedes *Mercy* McBride (Shiri Appleby - journal character)
Henry James (Andre Noble- journal character)
Gypsy Lockhart (Majandra Dlefino)

unsure of who my other guy will be. If any of you have anyone you want me to bring back, drop me a PM or comment here.

Taken By: Shiri S
Name: Mercedes *Mercy* McBride
Year: Junior
Major: Dance
Original Role Play: Abbott Academy on IJ
Theme Song: "Reflection" - Christina Agulera
Personality: Eccentric, Spirited, Loyal, Kind-hearted, Modest, Knowledgeable
Brief Background Information: When Mercedes was seventeen she had this boyfriend. She and said boyfriend got pregnant. He left her when she told him. Men suck. Two months after she gave birth to a beatufiul baby boy named Kaleb Keiran, she was sent away to a Abbott Acamedy in New York City for reasons that were very stupid to Mercedes. She was there for a month before she got to see her son when her family came to visit. The first day they got there, she and her mother had a rather big spat about her getting sent there and she ended up walking away with her son still upset with her mother. Little did she know that that was the last time she would ever see her mother or the rest of her family for that matter. Just after she left, her whole family - her parents and three siblings - were killed. No one knows how, they just all ended up dead. She mananged to deal with their deaths pretty well with the helf of her new friends. About five months into her being at Abbott Academy, Kaleb's father began attending the school. Shocked and happy, Mercedes got back together with him despite her feeling for a friend of hers named Logan. Evan, Kaleb's father, and Mercedes were happy. Although Evan was a bit controling, they were happy. Mercedes did everything Evan told her to do. She even curved her appitiate and went on diet to please him. Just like in the movies, she took her diet too far and she became anorexic. Again. Oh yes, this wasn't the first time she's batteled anorexia. It had happened before Kaleb was born - when she was still with Evan. Graduation came around and she and Evan were still together - until he told her that he was going to be sent off to Military College as per request of his father. He had no choice in the matter. She was crushed that he was leaving her again. No amount of begging could make him not go. Thus - they parted their ways. She stayed in New York. It had been her home for a year and she had grown to love it. She knew she wouldn't be able to go back home to Aziona - there was nothing there for her. She had goals of going to Juillard but unforuntely, her aunt in Phoenix could only afford New York University. Mercedes was okay with that. It had been here second choice school anyone. She has been going there for three years and Kaleb has been there with her each step of the way, he is four years old now. She has apartment in Greenich village, she no long lives in the dorms. The job she has as an assitant dance teacher in a little studio (she's got it during her first few months at abbott due to her dancing skills) pays her rent. She's perfectly content with how life is going. She is still battling with anorexia - because it's a hard habit to kill - but she's trying to get better.
PB: Shiri Appleby

Just so you know, I wouldn't give it up, no.
Jason Morgan & Sam Mccall
Old 07-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Taken By: FAIT_Accompli
Name: Desdmond Dunham
Year: Freshmen
Major: Undecided
Original Role Play: Dangerous Liaisons
Theme Song: Dirt by Depeche Mode
Personality: Charismatic, Critical, Intelligent, Manipulative, Scheming, and Unassuming.
Brief Background Information: Like any “rebel without a cause,” the title is a bit premature, and anyone who looked closely enough might detect the smallest of chinks in what is a hard, stiff armor. But when these things go unnoticed for long periods of time, the chinks acquire rust, and Desdmond really can’t remember when it was that he became the person he is today. In retrospect, Desdmond has it better than any fellow Y-generation-er. His parents haven’t become a divorce statistic and he has no brothers or sisters to speak of, so tragedy is a disposition he knows only from Shakespearean plays and Spanish novellas. His father, a reputable family lawyer, encouraged his son to pursue his own ambitions and his mother voices her disapproval of the careless manner he carries out his social life, but other than that, the two share very few qualms with one another. Perhaps his more dubious nature was spawned to compensate for the lack of drama that existed in his home life. Desdmond’s short and picky attention span merited him a bit of a reputation in high school for being as careless with the hearts of others as he is with the way he drives and the clothes that scattered his messy bedroom. The carelessness gradually became more calculative, and it eventually Desdmond took more pride on the effect he could wield over others than he should have. The consequences of his actions were felt most intimately when he simultaneously pursued both Mattie Adare and Mercedes Bendarez, and the two promptly cut ties with him when they learned of the role each played in his life. Desdmond enters college not necessarily more mature, but definitely a little more shrewd. He thinks twice before taking on two prospects at any one time, now.
PB: Ben Jelen