Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Elite Fan

The Loners' Dinner Club: a MYOC Role Playing Game - STARTED

THE LONERS' DINNER CLUB

Most nights at 2386 Waverly, they will gather for the time of a meal together. The name came as a joke, and as it didn't sit right with everyone, they did try not to bring it up, but it was no use. The Loners' Dinner Club was not going to be renamed.

It began eight months ago, when the tenant in 5E came home from work. Still a rookie on the beat, Shirley Anne Wisnoski and her partner had answered a call, where they had discovered the body of a young woman who'd committed suicide. Quiet, they said, kept to herself, never bothered anyone. If had been days and no one had known. Left rattled, Shirley had returned home that night, to her building, where she lived alone. She had most of her dinner for one prepared before she set down everything, went into the hall, knocked on the door across from hers and invited her equally solo neighbor to join her.

The next night had seen the exercise repeated, in 5F. In the span of two weeks, they'd found and recruited two more, and so it began. As months went by, more of them came along, until it turned into their nightly meetings. There's no schedule, and not everyone would appear at every dinner. The only rule, other than to bring chairs and dinnerware, was to try and let whoever had claimed next night's dinner know if they wouldn't show. They know to portion for an extra or two, just in case.

THE MEMBERS

Name: Shirley Anne Wisnoski
Apartment: 5E
Job: Police officer
Personality: Unassuming, active, motherly, resourceful, perfectionist
Brief history: The eldest of three girls, her decision to become a police officer surprised almost everyone, who'd assumed she would pursue dance. But she's right where she wants to be. This is what she was meant to do, and she intends to keep doing it. A bit hectic in the kitchen, she eventually pulls it together. Their dinners have allowed her to try out new things and she couldn't be more pleased for it. It's been a solid distraction since her girlfriend moved out a year ago.
Relationships: TBA
Taken by: Starfield_Scribe
Played by: Emily Bett Rickards

Name: Elizabeth (Liz) Milligan
Apartment: 5A
Job: High school teacher, Art
Personality: Energetic, cheerful, friendly, sincere, candid.
Brief History: She grew up in a non-descript, middle class neighborhood in the middle of suburbia and has lived a quiet existence for most of her life with no major upsets or drama to speak of. To date, the most exciting decision that simple, plain Liz Milligan has ever made was to move 400 miles away from her childhood home - a first in her family - into a two-bedroom apartment at 2386 Waverly with her long-distance boyfriend. The two split amicably four years later and her ex-boyfriend departed for destinations unknown while Elizabeth stayed behind and downsized to a smaller apartment. In lieu of adopting every single kitten and puppy at the local animal shelter in the throes of loneliness, she fell in with the Loner's Dinner Club, and has not yet negated the terms of her lease by hosting a Liz-sized zoo in her living room.
Relationships: To be determined.
Taken By: fleur captives
Played By: Caitriona Balfe

Name: Michaela (“Mickie” to a Rare Few) Torres
Apartment: 4B
Job: Retired High School English Teacher, Writer
Personality: Disciplined, Sage, Loyal, Punctual, (Surprisingly) Colorful
Brief history: Michaela grew up in a well-to-do family, which she quickly alienated after foolishly falling in love with a rising musician after college. Their marriage lasted just over ten years as she paid their way starting as a small-town high school teacher while he worked on his dream. The collapse came when he couldn’t get over how she was more successful that he was. However, he continued to be a good father to their two children, and he and Michaela can get along well enough for short meetings. Michaela moved into Waverly after her children graduated college, and she felt the need to downsize to a simpler existence. She spends her free time reading and writing while fending off the occasional suitor who can’t live up to her new standards.
Relationships: To Be Determined
Taken by: chasin’ the wind
Played by: Jessica Lange

Name: Rhys Watkins
Apartment: 6H
Job: Actor, currently working as bartender by night and window washer by day
Personality: Ambitious, hyperactive, dedicated, resilient, impulsive
Brief history: He relocated to the US from his native Wales six years ago, with one single dream in mind: he wanted to be an action hero, like the ones he's grown up idolizing. The only way he knew to make that happen was to leave home and go where the action happened. He packed his bags and left home at nineteen, his family thinking him a fool, and he went to Hollywood. This turned into two years of crappy jobs to make his living, and one audition after another, without success. He wasn't ready to go back home, to give up, so he decided to move, to refocus and hone his skill, until his big break comes. He joined the club on invitation, finding it was a good place to be before his night job.
Taken by: Starfield_Scribe
Played by: Taron Egerton

Name: Genesis Cooper
Apartment: 6E
Job: Hacker for the Cyber Crimes Unit of the Police Force
Personality: Brilliant. Thoughtful. Adaptable. Idealist. Goal-Orienated.
Brief history: Genesis always excelled at everything she put her mind to. So when she began flunking out of grade school, they knew there was a problem. They had her tested for a learning disability and learned that she was failing because she wasn't being challenged enough. Her IQ score has always tested at a MENSA level. She is so determined that almost all hobbies or skills she puts her mind to she excels at. She began using, then building, then hacking as far as computers went when she should have been in high school - but had graduated early and was in college. Two years ago she was caught by the cyber crimes unit trying to get in touch with another hacker who is a hackivist and uses hacking as a form of protest and help and change, she helped him on a job where several people were badly injuried because his plan did not go as expected. She was given the option of jail time or they would drop the charges against her if she agreed to work for them. It's how she came into her current job. She doesn't feel like 'one of them' among the police officers. She rarely feels at home around people because most people can't relate to her, her family never could - they could even less when she came out as Bisexual. The truth is she knows she's doing good work with the force, even if it was shady the way she came to it.
Relationships: She knows Shirley from work, knows as in has seen her around the building but doesn't really know her that well. She has spoken to her a couple of times and finds her likeable as far as a police officer goes. Rest TBA.
Taken by: AtomicEmpress
Played by: Mary Elizabeth Winstead

Name: Deacon Tucker
Apartment:
Job: Doctor
Personality: Anxious. Perfectionist. Damaged. Intellectual. Loyal (to those he lets in).
Brief history: Deacon Tucker was raised most of his life in orphanages in foster homes, he was taken away from his parents at a young age because of abuse but in one of the foster homes he was sexually abused. This caused him alot of psychological issues, and brought out issues that might not have come out otherwise - OCD and Generalized Anxiety Disorder. When he graduated high school he went to college on a scholarship and became a doctor, something that was hard for him because he had to be around alot of people. He is an extremely smart man but he is crippled but his anxiety. He hopes that joining this Dinner Club will help him to learn how to behave more normally around people.
Taken by: AtomicEmpress
Played by: Nathan Fillion

RULES
* For the time being, until there's a better idea of how many will join, only one character per player, so no boy/girl rule, though do try and mix it up, yes?
* Mmm... Be nice, have fun?

Name: Character's name
Apartment: Door number
Job: If applicable
Personality: Five words
Brief history: Short bit about their lives
Taken by: username
Played by: name and picture (if you've got more than one, I can do them up like in mine )

* Some specifics to fill:
"the neighbor in 5F"
{those who joined in the last eight months}

Last edited by Starfield_Scribe; 04-17-2015 at 08:01 PM
Old 04-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Passionate Fan

Name: Elizabeth (Liz) Milligan
Apartment: 5A
Job: High school teacher, Art
Personality: Energetic, cheerful, friendly, sincere, candid.
Brief History: She grew up in a non-descript, middle class neighborhood in the middle of suburbia and has lived a quiet existence for most of her life with no major upsets or drama to speak of. To date, the most exciting decision that simple, plain Liz Milligan has ever made was to move 400 miles away from her childhood home - a first in her family - into a two-bedroom apartment at 2386 Waverly with her long-distance boyfriend. The two split amicably four years later and her ex-boyfriend departed for destinations unknown while Elizabeth stayed behind and downsized to a smaller apartment. In lieu of adopting every single kitten and puppy at the local animal shelter in the throes of loneliness, she fell in with the Loner's Dinner Club, and has not yet negated the terms of her lease by hosting a Liz-sized zoo in her living room.
Relationships: To be determined.
Taken By: fleur captives
Played By: Caitriona Balfe
Old 04-03-2015, 05:45 AM
Elite Fan

Woot! I know I've expressed my excitement for your joining already, but

So I did a picture thing for her, I know her hair is different in one, but she had a paintbrush! You like?

Old 04-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Passionate Fan

It's awesome!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Yay! Now we just need more people to join
Old 04-04-2015, 07:25 AM
Elite Fan

joining will do profile sunday when i get home or monday.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 04-04-2015, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

YAY PAMMIE! Do you have any preference as to where your character will fit in, the 5F one, the first two weeks one, the inbetweeners, or the newbie?
Old 04-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

probably a newbie.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 04-04-2015, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Count me in. I'll take two and I'd like them both to have been with the club for a little bit of time. What a clever idea!
Old 04-05-2015, 04:40 AM
Elite Fan

MANDY YAY!

I'd recommended everyone only taking the one character for the time being, until we saw how many people joined and how many people this made for the group to show up for most dinners, so it's not too crowded, you know? So far there are just four of us, so it should be alright (I've been wanting to have a second myself ), just enforce boy/girl So will one of yours be the neighbor in 5F then? With the second as an inbetweener?
Old 04-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure! And I can definitely take just one character for now, if you like and then reassess. Also, your PB has inspired my PB. Damn fandom.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:25 AM
Elite Fan

*cackles* Excellent Which position you want locked down for your initial character, 5F, two weeks, or inbetween?
Old 04-05-2015, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Men are allowed, yes? And if yes, two weeks please.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:10 AM
Elite Fan

But of course they are!
Old 04-05-2015, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One Oliver Queen I mean Stephen Amell PB coming soon to a theatre near you.