Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Total Fan

Haunted | MYOC

The Deibel-Morley Arts Center, while tiny, is one of the most beautiful theaters in the United States. Well, that’s what people say, anyway. The floors are marble and the seats are all plush and cushioned. It does not smell old and musty as most theaters its age do. Everything about it is wonderful.

There are parts of the theater that only those working behind the curtain know about, though, and those would be the tunnels. These tunnels run all over under and behind the stage. They’re there to allow actors to travel from one side of the stage to the other without being seen by the audience. They lead to numerous dressing rooms. They’re really very handy.

The theater has a dark history, though.

Decades ago, the theater was owned by Drake Winston. He was the richest man in the area and he loved the performing arts. He invested in musicals, operas, ballets, and even short plays written by local unknowns. Life was blissful for him. That was before he married his wife, Anastasia. On the surface they seemed perfectly happy. It seemed like Drake and Anastasia had a relationship most couples could only dream of. She could never put her finger on it, but Anastasia knew that something was terribly wrong. After the miscarriage of their first and only child, Drake sunk into a deep depression. Nobody really knows what happened after his spiral down into despair. Most people just say that Drake went mad, killing his wife because he blamed her for the child’s death. Drake Winston, however, insisted until his death that he had been possessed by an evil spirit. His story is the truth.

Drake built his theater on top of a plot of land that used to be a temple for Satan. By disturbing spirits, he was just asking for trouble.

Harry Deibel and Polly Morley renovated the theater just a few months before now, changing the theater’s name from ‘The Winston Theater’ to ‘The Deibel-Morley Arts Center’. They were both incredibly optimistic about it and couldn’t wait to look for new talent to display on the stage. While neither of them went mad, the spirits seemed to be taking out their anger in small ways. Props would disappear, costumes were nowhere to be found… Stupid little things. The actors, knowing about the theater’s sketchy past, would joke around saying that it was the ghosts. They didn’t know that they’d hit the nail right on its head.

Now, a day before the opening night of the Deibel-Morley Arts Center’s production of Phantom of The Opera, some cast members have decided to have a sleepover in the theater’s tunnels. On the surface, it is a harmless idea, but it really pissed off the demons sleeping underneath the theater’s foundation.

Summary: There’s a haunted theater. The cast of a play is having a sleepover party within the tunnels underneath the stage. Bad things will happen.

Rules
There is no Boy/Girl rule, but feel free to take characters of both genders if you’d like.
Your posts must all be more than two lines in length.
Bold the subjects of your profiles.
Please, please, please try to use proper spelling and grammar.
If you want your character to be an actor, check out The Complete Cast for Phantom to see what they would play.
Hurry and get your profiles in ASAP! I made them easy for you.

Name: Tyler Brown
Role in Play: House Manager
PB: Ewan McGregor
TB: StarliteParadise

Name: Devon Conner
Role In Play: Lighting Technician
PB: Wes Bentley
TB: Psycho Hose Beast

Name: Alice Atherton
Role In Play: Actress playing Meg Giry
PB: Emilie de Ravin

Name: Rachel Devin
Role in Play: Actress playing Christine Daae
PB: Alessandra Ambrosio

Name: Benjamin *Ben* Pratt
Role in Play: Actor playing The Phantom
PB: Eric Bana
TB: Jezebel In Hell

Name: Heinrich *Hein* Riemer
Role in Play: Actor playing Andre
PB: Cillian Murphy
TB: Jezebel In Hell

Name: Rachel Good
Role in Play: stagehands
PB: Alyson Hannigan
TB: ~Tina_Greer~

Name: Nikki Hawthrone
Role in Play: nun/nurse
PB: Michelle Branch

Name: Annie Casillas
PB: Anne Hathaway

Name: Tara Summers
Role in Play: light techician
PB: Avril Lavigne

Character Profile
Name:
Role in Play: Actor (put the character they play), Sound Technician, Stagehand, Lighting Technician
PB: Link to the picture
TB: Your username!

Reserved PB’s
Cillian Murphy
Eric Bana
Old 07-28-2005, 06:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Can you save: Avril Lavigne, Michelle Branch, Alyson Hannigan and Anne Hathaway

Name: Rachel Good
PB: Alyson Hannigan

Name: Nikki Hawthrone
Role in Play: nun/nurse
PB: Michelle Branch

Name: Annie Casillas
PB: Anne Hathaway

Name: Tara Summers
Role in Play: light techician
PB: Avril Lavigne
Old 07-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Elite Fan

Reserving: Jennifer Lopez, Clea Duvall, Jason Behr, and Freddie Prinze Jr.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Ooh!! Phantom of the Opera ish...how could I resist!

Ewan McGregor and some girl...also I wanna take Christine Daae's actress...is that ok? Please?

Ok, I done:

Name: Tyler Brown
Role in Play: House Manager
PB: Ewan McGregor

Name: Rachel Devin
Role in Play: Actress playing Christine Daae
PB: Alessandra Ambrosio

"My junk is you."
Old 07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Hey, wicked cool idea'r.

Name: Alice Atherton
Role In Play: Actress playing Meg Giry
PB: Emilie de Ravin

Name: Devon Conner
Role In Play: Lighting Technician
PB: Wes Bentley
Old 07-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Total Fan

Yaaay I'm glad you guys joined.
But Tina...? First you've gotta read the rules. The play they're all doing is not Death of a Salesman. It's Phantom of The Opera. And I listed all of the jobs in the profile form. I picked those particular jobs because the actors, sound technicians, stagehands, and lighting technicians would have all been rehearsing together for quite a while and therefore know each other. So, if you could, please fix your profiles.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:38 PM
Extreme Fan

I fix it, thanks for telling me what's wrong
Old 07-29-2005, 03:47 PM
Total Fan

No problem! Good to have you with us I hate to be such a pain for you, but could you bold the subjects of your profiles?
Old 07-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Total Fan

And how about a little shameless promotion?
The Roswell Stamping Community is for those who want to know which character on Roswell they are.
The Sci-Fi Heroine Stamping Community is for those of you who want to see which Sci-Fi heroine you are. There's a ton of potential results including ones from Star Wars to Firefly to The Island.
The Shakespearean Stamping Community is for those of you who want to know which Shakespearean character you are. Juliet? Hamlet? Ophelia? You don't have to know every little detail about Shakespeare's works and if you get an answer you know nothing about you could always check SparkNotes.com

You'd be doing me a great favor by joining one or all of the above.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:14 PM
Master Fan

Sooo...when do we get to start? Huh huh huh?

Old 07-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Total Fan

You can feel free to start while I update the first post with profiles.
SETTING (how handy) - Everyone is arriving at or has already been in the theater for the little sleepover party. Come in your jammies and bring your own pillow and blankie.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

and I totally will. How rude of me.

Alice

Slumber parties. Alice hadn't been to one since she was what, five years old? But what the hell, this one should be interesting. Fellow cast-members, all the tech people..and what made it even more daring? Their ghosts. Who knew? Maybe Alice would even have an up close and personal experience with one.

"Anyone else here...?", she asked as she trudged along with her backpack weighing her down.
Old 07-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Total Fan

Ben

The cast had been rehearsing together for what seemed to be an eternity but was actually only a few months. Now the costumes were ready, the set was painted, and everything was marvelous. They were all so close to opening night and, to celebrate, they were having a sleepover tonight.

The word sleepover brings images of young girls in flannel pajamas clutching bowls of popcorn while watching a scary movie rented just for that specific occasion. Pillow fights came to mind, as well. Ben was certainly not all that young and he was definitely not a girl, but he thought that the party would be fun. He was among friends, after all, and they all deserved a little fun.

Not everyone was of legal age so he had left his bottle of wine at home. Instead he had brought cupcakes. No, he didn’t bake. Ben had an enormous lack of talent when it came to the culinary arts. These cupcakes were of the Hostess, individually wrapped kind.

Ben pushed the front door to the theater open carrying his knapsack full of necessities with him into the audience area of the theater.

He paused for a moment at the sound of a female voice.

“Alice…?”
Old 07-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Master Fan

Alice

"Oh, sh-.....", she muttered as her backpack slipped right off of her shoulders and fell open, spilling out what seemed to be a lifetime supply of cigarettes and skittles.

She looked up as she heard Ben's voice, and looked off to the side guiltily. How embarassing to have your stupid vices found out because you're a klutz.

"Hi there..."
Old 07-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Total Fan

Ben

“Hey,” He smiled warmly, choosing to ignore the cigarettes and yummy rainbow-colored candy that had fallen to the floor. It seemed to have embarrassed Alice and Ben wasn’t the kind of guy to crack a joke just because he could. Some considered him to be a pansy, actually, but that’s another story for another time.

“Are we the only ones here? It’s… lonely in here.”