Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-11-2005, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

Gifted | A MYO Roleplay

Gifted | A MYO Roleplay

| Ash Fork, Arizona |

A yellowing sign with peeling paint reads "Welcome to Ash Fork" in blue text, a neglected greeting to visitors who have stumbled upon the pit-stop town which indicates the midway point to Tuscon from Pheonix. Ash Fork's sole notoreity is to serve as the fork in the road towards larger, greater towns. However, all towns have a uniqueness about them, every town has a secret as do the people residing within it. If you stay for long enough, you may be able to witness whatever it is that is so special about Ash Fork, and if you stay longer, you may be able to experience it.

Have you ever been able to do something you weren't able to explain? Weren't even sure if it was your doing because you didn't know you had it in you? Didn't think you were that special until all of these mysterious incidents surrounded your very existence? That's the life of a specific breed of Ash Fork teenager. Things happen around them. Miracles - or, in some instances, tragedies. Right before their eyes, or at the very wave of their hand. They've saved people from fatal accidents, terminal diseases. Done what was improbable.

It's not every teenager, but a select group. There isn't anything particular which sets them apart, they were simply born with these gifts, gifts which allowed a desert town to thrive. They're Ash Fork's best kept secret and while they're able to make miracles happen, they themselves are exempt from such privileges. They're doomed to live in Ash Fork til the day that die - that is, if the townspeople are aware of their gifts. There are a few kids who have tried to hide it, tried to deny what they are in fear of being ostracized by the "normal" teenagers. A few kids also abuse their power. Everybody handles their abilities differently but hardly anybody has mastered them.

That's life on the inside of Ash Fork. Miracles are performed every day but it's not all it's cracked up to be.

| The Gifts |

HEALING - The ultimate panacea. This gift allows one to cure any ailment or illness with a single touch.
EMPATHY - The ability to feel the senses of those around them.
BUFF - A rush in adrenaline or spiked fear initiates a forcefield or sorts which makes anybody within a five foot radius of the gifted person inpenetrable.
PREMONITION - The ability to see events prior to when they actually take place.
TELEPORTATION - The ability to apparate from one place to another.
NATURE - The ability to slightly influence events in nature, such as rain, the movements of plants, structure of rocks, and even a level of communication with local fauna.

| The Extra Information |

I want this RP to have very individual characters with individual stories, so be as far-fetched and unique as you want to be. All teenagers were born in Ash Fork but between their birth and adolescence, you are the master of what happened to make them realize their abilities. You decide if people know about it or not, if they're afraid of their capabilities or proud of them. There doesn't have to be a ratio. You are also welcome to play normal teenagers however if doing so, I would recommend that you make them important people. You don't have to be shy about making a character that's the mayor's son or Miss Ash Fork, as long as nobody else has done it, you're allowed to do whatever you like. You're allowed to be far-fetched about their past.

I hope I'm making sense here. Everybody has a different story and I want everybody to realize that they have the artistic license to do whatever they want with their character. Their character could have been a empathic underage prostitute. I mean, really, the possibilities are endless. Anyway, as far as rules go, the only one is that I'd like it to be boy/girl. You don't have to have both be gifted, you don't even have to make a teenager (but I'd prefer no little kids). Just make posts at least four lines long and get profiles in as soon as possible. After awhile, I will stop waiting.

| The Townies |

1. In Fair Verona - Quinn Allman, Amber Tamblyn
2. FAIT_Accompli - Anna Nalick
3. buffyandspike4ever
4. ~Tina_Greer~ - Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Jason Biggs, and Avril Lavigne.
5. ~*Heaven*~ - Justin Chatwin and Kristen Kreuk
6. AngelDevil
7. BraveGirl4Life
8. Dimaranwen
9. Pezzie

| The Form |

Name:
Gifts: If they have any. Just pick a combination of any of the two gifts listed.
Job: If they have one.
Personality: Ah. Yes, it's paragraph form. Whilst giving it depth, I don't want a novel. At least 5 lines is all I ask.
Background: The same as the above.
The Word Around Town: How do the gifted ones feel about their powers? Is it a blessing or a curse? How do the normal people feel about it? Are they freaks or heroes? Remember, not everybody is going to be fine with teenagers running around with inexplainable powers.
TB: Your Name
PB: Any PBs except Roswell and Smallville for... scary similarity purposes. Include a picture.

Old 08-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Reserving: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Hayden Christiansen, Brittany Murphy, Freddie Prinze Jr.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Can you save: Jessica Alba, Anne Hathaway, Jason Biggs, and Avril Lavigne
Old 08-12-2005, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

Name: Mark Compton
Gifts: Healing and Nature
Job: Video Store worker
Personality: sympathy and empathy fills his mind all the time throughout the day. His feelings towards his friends and family is a feeling of regret because he wishes they were a little more normal. Although he was never really normal anyway. sometimes he can be a little arrogant but is free to take any criticism that is handed to him.
Background: Mark has lived in Ash Fork all his life. He recently started getting powers which at first scared him but he got used to it as time went by and he saved more peoples lives. He doesn't really like his family or friends. He's basically a loner among them all.
The Word Around Town: He thinks it's a blessing to him. He can heal anyone hurt and tell if something really bad is going to happen. Basically, it's a real blessing.
TB: buffyandspike4ever
PB: Hayden Christiansen

Name: Shery Mince
Gifts: none
Job: Teacher
Personality: Accepting and passionate she loves teaching teenagers and accepts it as a personal challenge that they have special powers. Dealing with them is very hard when they can change things around them or teleport out of the room. Therefore ditching. She's kind to all of her students even if they are troublemakers.
Background: Shery lives with her boyfriend Malcom in Ash Fork and teaches the teenagers that have been gifted with powers. Her neice is one of the gifted teenagers.
The Word Around Town: She thinks it's a blessing to all the town that the teenagers can predict things and heal everyone.
PB: Sarah Michelle Gellar

Name: Dave Masterson
Gifts: None
Job: Bank Teller
Personality: Dave is an old grouch when it comes to teenagers. So it doesn't really matter if they have special powers or not, he hates them all. His stubborn behavior has got him the position of The Best Grinch in Ash Fork. He's a money crazy oaf who can't get enough of winning.
Background: Like I said he's earned the postition of The Best Grinch in Ash Fork. Back in the old days though he was really fun to be around. Now...not even the old bum on the street begging for money wants to talk to him.
The Word Around Town: He thinks its a curse to all mankind for the brats to be gifted with powers. To him...they don't deserve it.
PB: Freddie Prinze Jr.

Name: Cassie Mills
Gifts: Teleportation,Buff
Job: Waitress in Dennys
Personality: Sometimes Cassie has a feeling of lonesome dread when she thinks she's invisible to her friends and family and enemies. It happens often and the only true friend she has is her aunt Shery who cares about her very much.
Background: For years Cassie has been the lonesome little girl in the corner and she still is but now with her powers she can protect others and dissapear to somewhere else where she feels safe and warm.
The Word Around Town: She doesn't really know what to think of her new power. All she knows is she's a little scared about them.
PB: Brittany Murphy
Old 08-12-2005, 07:49 AM
Master Fan

Spots pleas Justin Chatwin & Kristin Kreuk
Old 08-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Spot. Robbs has agreed to take my boy so I can play one character, assuming it's okay with you Sibby.
Addicted to love like the drug of a fiend
Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Addicted Fan

Sounds interesting...Save me a spot!

Name:Evangelina *Eva* Carlisle
Gifts: Healing and Teleportation
Job: Daycare worker
Personality: Eva is a part of the richest family in Ash Fork but she doesn't act like them. She's not selfish, vindictive, or manipulative. She's actually rather friendly and caring. She loves to laugh and enjoy life. However, she always feels alone and misunderstood. She's shunned by her family because she's not as bad as they want her to be and she's shunned by normal people because they think that she's a stuck up snob just because of the Carlisle name.
Background: When Veronica Wentworth-Carlisle gave birth to a little girl eighteen years ago, she couldn't have been happier as was her husband, Bradley Carlisle. Eva was the last child and only girl of the Carlisle family. She has two older brothers, BJ and Xavier. Eva was very spoiled when she was younger. She was always given what she wanted but the weird thing was she never asked for much so her parents tended to decide what she wanted and gave things to her which she never needed. She was always privately tutored at her home since her mother didn't trust the school system of Ash Fork as were her brothers. Her mother put her into beauty pagents when she was one and she won most beautiful baby. Ever since, Eva has been involved in beauty pagents and has held all the titles Ash Fork had to offer her. She is currently the reigning Miss Ash Fork.
The Word Around Town: Eva has had her powers for a total of nine months. She was scared when she started realizing that she could do things that other people couldn't. The first person she realized she healed was her grandmother, who is her namesake, from a very hard cold she had. Her grandmother thinks she's an angel that accidentally left Heaven. Unfortunately, that's not how Eva feels about herself. She thinks she's weird and a freak which is in large part her mother's fault. Veronica was shocked and horrified to find out that her daughter had this freakish gift. She had forbid her and all of the other family to speak of it or ask Eva to perform it for them. Veronica had vowed to hide her daughter's gifts until there is no breath in her body. As much as Veronica has tried to hide Eva's powers, she has not been very successful. Many talk has gone around town about these powers. It all came out when Eva healed her best friend,Tori, who had been hit by a car in the middle of the street. Eva saw Tori get hit while looking out of her living room windown and then teleported to the middle of the street. A crowd of people saw her heal Tori and they began talking. Some people think it's a blessing but the majority of townspeople think it's a curse on the Carlisle family and they're rather happy about it. They feel that the Carlisles deserve the embarrassment and shame because of how they have treated others in the past.
TB: BraveGirl4Life
PB: Susan Ward

Name: Quinn Morgan
Gifts: Buff and Nature
Job: Senior in High School and works in his dad's mechanic shop
Personality: Quinn is a strong person. He's always involved in some kind of physical activity whether it's playing basketball down the street at the park or playing wide receiver on the high school team, he's there and sweating. He's also rather humorous and talkative. He may not be the smartest person in town, but he's undeniably the strongest.
Background: Quinn was the first child born to Rebecca and Lucas Morgan. He has lived in a small house with his parents and twin little sisters, Shannon and Shelby, all his life. His parents have always been very loving towards all their children. His mother works as the local elementary school as a reading teacher and his dad has his own auto shop. Quinn started playing sports at a young age. When he was three he learned all he could about football and played with his father until he was old enough to play on peewee team. From then on, he played football, soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, and pretty much any other sport you can think of. He loves watching and playing sports and would never tire of it.
The Word Around Town: Quinn has had his gifts for two months. He first realized them when he used them on his sisters. Shannon and Shelby were climbing a tree in the backyard when Shelby missed a branch and started to fall. Shelby grabbed Shannon's arm to try to stop her from falling but instead took Shannon with her. In instinct, Quinn put his hands up and the forcefield went around Shelby and Shannon and they were both lowered safely to the ground. Later in the day, the girls told their parents what had happened. Rebecca thinks that Quinn's gifts are wonderful and a true blessing while Lucas thinks that they could get him killed in the town but he knows that they cannot move to a different place. He hates when people ask him or Quinn about his gifts and has the tendency to explode in rage about it when it's talked about. Shelby and Shannon think that their brother is magic and they want to learn how to do it too. A lot of the townspeople are interested in Quinn's gifts and want to know how he does it. They always ask them to perform the gifts for them so they can see. They ask him question after question about it which can be very tiring for Quinn. Quinn feels that he should be proud of his gifts and his mother tries to encourage him to use them for good reason. However, Quinn sees the shame and anger in his father's eyes when his mother speaks of his gifts and feels the shame and disappointment.
TB: BraveGirl4Life
PB: Jay Kenneth Johnson
#3-"Vot is the point of being an international Quidditch player if all the good-looking girls are taken?"-Krum
#2-"HERMIONE! HERMIONE!"- Ron
#1-"Not my daughter, you bitch!"-Mrs. Weasley
H/G R/Hr Journey
Old 08-12-2005, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm going to save Tim Fletcher for now, although I doubt anyone will take him.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Save: Alexis Bledel and Riley Smith

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy
Old 08-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

I'll join

I'm taking four

Andre Noble, Blake Lively and unsure of the other two
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 08-12-2005, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Awe shoot, I just realized you said no Smallville people so I'll change my pb to Adriana Lima.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Name: Lena Nellick
Gifts: Premonitions, Healing
Job: Staff at a used book store
Personality: Lena Nellick's sometimes cold and frigid composure to the outside world is what she would assure herself is a clever ruse she puts up to avoid being hurt. Largely unimpressed by the people in her town, she can't help but feel a sort of responsibility towards them, having seen so many of their fates play in front of her eyes like she was there. She's seen the fear, the doubt, and the anger that consumes human life and is none the better for it. Her somewhat reclusive nature is only rivaled by her intense need to keeps things the way they should be. That is, tidy, unobstructed, and relatively untouched. Her job gives her the flexibility to live alone and her solitary status pulls her even further from human civilization. Sometimes she wonders if she has any social skills at all, considering her self-instilled emancipation from the world's 'social scene'. Maybe she never had those skills to begin with. Perhaps the only time she ever exhibits kindness to her fellow man is when she's healing. Taking on a completely different persona, Lena becomes the person she could never fully express to the outside world.
Background: Lena Nallick was the only child born to father employed a higher ranking Real Estate agency that deals with homes in the Arizona region. Being in a managerial position allowed her father, Jason, to be with his family while still working in the only niche he had ever worked in. When Jason met his first wife and Lena's birth-mother, Tiffany, she was a disinterested university student in Ash Fork for a week before she headed off to the southern states on a whirlwind tour of the states with a few friends. They met in a bar and the rest was history. Tiffany stayed in Ash Fork, abandoned with one suticase full of clothes and the notion that her new boyfriend would take care of her through thick and thin. After being married two years(they quickly plotted the wedding to mask the fact that Tiffany was pregnant) Tiffany ran off with a southwerstern cowboy by the name of Peter. She had 7 children after Lena, and quickly forgot the one runt sitting pretty in Arizona. A year later Jason married Annette, an even more disenchanted poet who taught Lena her quick-witted cynicism and dry humor. To this day Lena calls her fathers wife by her first name, refusing to give her the title of 'mom'.
The Word Around Town: Lena's view of her 'abilities' as she ever so lightly and covertly puts them has nothing but negativity. She views each and every one of her premonitions to be a secret jab against her own well being, and often wonders if she brings on such disasters that she predicts or if they're really destined. The guilt that she feels for being able to see the sometimes gruesome details to an injustice but being able to do nothing until after the fact causes her to oftentimes deny that she has powers at all. This is precisely why for the most part Lena keeps her powers under wraps. For fear of what her premonitions might mean and for al almost selfish streak, understanding that her healing could help people but being paralyzed by the fact that they have to live through their trauma before she can help them.
TB: AngelDevil
PB: Summer Glau.
Addicted to love like the drug of a fiend
Old 08-13-2005, 03:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Name: Lindsay Holt
Gifts: EMPATHY
Job: singer
Personality: Lindsay is a nice person at heart. She is also very talented and emotionally honest. She is patient at times and asks the opinions of others before doing anything. She tries to be honest, as honest as possible to others. But at times she tells tall tales to impress others.
Background: Lindsay is from Manchester, England. She was born into a family of storytellers and soldiers. She learns most of her storytelling from her mother and how to lie from her father. She doesn't go to school, her family mostly teaches her about things that might help her in life. She learns to play guitar from her cousin.
The Word Around Town: She accepted that she's different from most people and feels calm when she uses her powers. It's more of a curse rather then a gift. She never told anyone about her powers out of fear of rejection. She is a hero in some sorts, she saves suicidal people by treating them like friends.
TB: ~Tina_Greer~
PB: Avril Lavigne

Name: Nancy Meriwether McKay
Gifts: PREMONITION
Job: Author
Personality: Nancy is a well organized and respectful girl who thinks for herself. She doesn't care what others think about her or if they care at all. She is somewhat random at times and has a weird mental ability. She is some what paranoid and troubling to deal with. She is also socially disconnect, always prefers to be alone rather then be surround by people.
Background: Nancy Meriwether was and is the only daughter of Jeremy and Rachel McKay. Nancy's named after her mother who just passed away two years ago.
The Word Around Town: She doesn’t
PB: Jessica Alba

Name: Micheal Harris
Gifts: HEALING
Job: Book store cashier
Personality: Micheal is a kind and naive guy who tries to make sense of his gift. He tries to understand it, but most of the time he just ignores it. He helps people by healing the sick and near dying. He walks away before they suspect any thing about him. Micheal would rather be a loner then let anyone know his secret.
Background: He was born some where near Ash Fork to a farmer and his wife. Both of them were kind and honest people, who died of natural causes. He moved to Ash Fork, cause he wanted to seek out work. He also moved, cause the memory of his parents lingered in the old farm house. He didn't sell it, just moved out of the farm and thought a quick change of scenery would ease the pain.
The Word Around Town: He feels comfortable about his gifts, but not comfortable about showing them off. He believes it's a gift, but sometimes it feels like a curse. He never told anyone about his secret. He is a hero because he helps heal the sick and save the near death.
PB: Jason Biggs

Name: Anne Adema
Gifts: HEALING and TELEPORTATION
Job: Store Keeper
Personality: Anne is a friendly girl with many unique traits. She is random at times and some times she makes weird comments. She is mostly honest and never lies. She only tells half lies or half a story and let the other person figure it out rather then let her explain the whole thing. She is a unpredictable girl who prefers to think about what she likes rather then what others prefer.
Background: Anne has a normal past, she had a normal life until she realized she had some special talents. She found out that she could tellaport any where when she was ten. She found it out when for some reason, she found herself some where that wasn't her home. She then slowly managed her ablity, but found out that she could heal living things by touching the wound space.
The Word Around Town: She doesn't mind to use her powers in public, but as long as no one feels scared or runs away. She believes it's both a gift and a curse, she doesn't hate the idea of these gifts, but she feels out of the norm and isolated from others. Normal people feeling normal when they're with her and doesn't mind that she's different. She's a hero in some ways.
PB: Anne Hathaway
Old 08-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Elite Fan

If anyone's feeling particularly uninspired, please feel free to make someone from the family referenced in Sienna's history. I'd love to have a disgruntled half sibling or two.

Name: Sienna Loxley
Gifts: Sienna is supposedly “gift-less.”
Job: Family Fun Center attendant
Personality: There are some people who live their lives by first impressions, and then there are the people like Sienna Loxley, who exploit that fact. Both an exhibitionist and trickster, Sienna’s the proverbial pretentious devil’s advocate, challenging every established rule and thought around her. You could say her reactionary behavior has been spurned by all the spiteful comments she received when she was younger, so Sienna merely plays up the role so many have assumed of her. But this is of course just one of many faucets of Sienna Loxley’s personality. Sienna’s got a bag full of complexities that aren’t influenced at all by outside forces. The black eyeliner and dark clothes are not marks of a depressed goth-inspired soul, and the Chuck Taylors aren’t little relics of a closet indie freak. Sienna just happens to like the color black and Chucks are comfortable. In all her complexities, you’ll discover there’s plenty of her that’s actually quite simple. She’s the girl running around in a Rancid shirt but dancing the hell out of an Avril Lavigne song. Like any other seventeen-year-old girl, Sienna’s hyperactive with a short attention span. She just relieves her boredom in, perhaps, ways that are more extreme than most are used to.
Background: On paper, it sounds so terribly One Tree Hill-ish. The only difference here is that Sienna didn’t come first. Everyone knows the Ashford’s, Ash Fork’s very own golden family, and everyone knows Marion Loxley, the presumed town bicycle. The gory details don’t need to be rehashed, but just know that double standards are adopted even in small towns, and Marion’s (important word here) shared infidelity has been suffered by her and only her. While, certainly, Sienna’s existence was unplanned, Marion has done well in making her only daughter feel loved and special. A follower of Christ with the exception of organized practices, Marion raised her daughter to be a little more careful than most parents. Never the bastard child, always a special surprise, if Sienna has a thick skin as rumored, it’s only because of the snide comments she’s learned to dodge through the years.
The Word Around Town: There’s always word around town. People need an excuse to gossip, and even those of the less than gifted variety occasionally bare the brunt of it. Sienna would love to say that she’s grateful she occasionally shares the heat with others, but after tapping into the downright exploitation of some of those with special “gifts,” she’s growing more resentful. It’s like people she cares about, her friends, have been dehumanized and have become commodities. Frankly, it makes her a little sick.
TB: FAIT_Accompli
PB: Katy Rose
When she finally said "yes, it's really goodbye this time."
Old 08-13-2005, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Blah. I'm saving Cillian Murphy, too. I've had a fan-girl relapse.