Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Total Fan

Demigods | MYOC/PYOC

It is the future and space travel is as common as riding a bike. Just like the present, though, there are laws limiting what you can do. There is a limit of galaxies that one can travel because the governments of Earth don’t want any one random space traveler to make a bad impression on a new civilization.

Not everyone follows the law, though. Just like skydivers and mountain climbers do on Earth, there are daredevils in space, using technology that they have developed on their own who blaze trails and go beyond the legal limit.

This one group of daredevils in particular are about to get a very rude awakening. Like most machines, their ship is prone to breaking down. It’s always been fixable, though, so the passengers on it don’t think anything of the shotty technology.

Then one day they crashed. It was amazing that they all survived with only a few of them being injured. They were lucky. The planet they landed on was like a primitive earth. There was an atmosphere made of the same gasses as Earth’s atmosphere, the air was breathable, and there were people. There were no machines, though. No tall skyscrapers, no paved roads, no plumbing, no tap-water… Just primitive huts made of wood and a tribe of people. The Earthlings who had crashed into this civilization were lucky to have downloaded all known languages into their brains so they could understand these primitive people. If they couldn’t speak their language they would be in an even worse fix.

The Earthlings were also lucky to be accepted by this civilization. The primitive people, who call themselves Agots, believed that the Earthlings had fallen from Heaven and were brought to them by their gods. They did the natural thing one would do for Heaven-sent people - They put them up in huts and gave them offerings of fruit and jewelry. Not willing to risk what the Agots would do if they knew the Earthlings’ true origins, they kept their mouths shut and went along with what the Agots said.

While it might be tempting to some to stay on a planet and be worshipped as a demigod, the Earthlings keep trying to repair their ship. It might take years to fix it or it might be totally unfixable, but it’s worth a shot.

PYOC Earthlings

Gen Proctor (SweetP) is the captain of the ship they affectionately call ‘Goldie’. She is not your stereotypical captain. She is not mature, firm, or much of a leader, but that’s not really a bad thing with this group. Gen is a bit wild and known for setting records when it comes to speed. She recklessly pilots the ship for thrills and no one really minds. Gen is friends with everyone on the ship but gets irritated whenever someone questions her ability. She is worshipped by the Agots as a goddess of war because of her wild disposition.
PB: Liv Tyler

Joy Mellow (Impressions) is the upbeat first-mate aboard Goldie. She’s not as big of a speed demon as Gen, but she really loves space travel and exploration. Joy is the science geek of the bunch . She doesn’t know much about mechanics, but she’s nuts for biology and botany. Now that she’s on the Agots’ planet she’s constantly discovering new plants and medicines that can be made from them. She is also worshipped by the Agots as a goddess of love and beauty because of her extraordinary physical beauty and kindness.
PB: pb: Scarlett Johansson

Xan Kendall (Jezebel In Hell) is the mechanic, constantly repairing all of the damage Gen does to Goldie with her super-speedy travel and crazy stunts. He’s a warm guy and is kind to those he meets but he remains uncomfortable when it comes to interaction. On the Agots’ planet he is worshipped as a god of technology and construction because of his mechanical skills.
PB: Constantine Maroulis

Lan Thomas (GhostWriter) is Gen’s best friend since childhood. While he doesn’t know much about how Goldie operates, he really enjoys being aboard because of the crazy things Gen does with the ship. On the Agots’ planet he is worshipped as a god of chaos because of his slightly crazy personality.
PB: Appears to be 23 - 27 years old in age

Lark Solderini (~*Echo*~) is the youngest of the crew, but she is by far the most intelligent. Lark graduated college on Earth when she was fourteen years old and was through with medical school soon after. Because of her age, no one really took her seriously on Earth. Doctors didn’t want her joining their practice because people in general wouldn’t want to put their life in her hands. Lark got a low-paying job at a free clinic where she met Xan who had burned himself by accident. It was he who invited her to be the medic aboard Goldie. On the Agot’s planet she is worshipped as a goddess of wisdom because of her knowledge and schooling.
PB: Summer Glau

Agots
King of The Agots - Open
Queen of The Agots - Open
Princess of The Agots - ~*Echo*~
Agot Peasants - Unlimited

Brodien *Brody*
Peasant

Brodien has been living on his own since he was a young child. His family, for one reason or another, thought it necessary to cast him out on his own. They said it was as a manner of survival. That they had no choice in the matter, they just didn't have enough to support themselves and him and they selfishly chose themselves over their own son. This is the main reason why no one seems to know his last name. He stopped using it because it is his last name that connects him to his parents and he hopes to detach himself from them as much as possible. Despite his hard life, Brodien is surprisingly good-natured and always willing to help anyone in need of it. He does whatever he can to earn enough to live, but there is nothing steady. Luckily, he has very good survival skills. He had to in order to survive the struggles he's been through.
pb: David Wenham

Aelen Fall
Princess of the Agots

Since she is the Princess, Aelen's life has been easier than those of most on her planet. Her parents have given her every luxury they can, doing their best to be sure their only daughter is always satisfied. But after being doted on and sheltered from the worst parts of the Agots' world for her entire life, Aelen is restless. She's beginning to crave independence, and feels trapped by her parents control of her. Aelen knows that she is spoiled compared to the rest of the Agots, and the thought makes her anxious to prove that she can do things for herself.
PB: Alexa Davalos

Sage Clark
Peasant
Sage grew up the dirtiest of poor, in a broken down, little shanty for a house, but that never bothered Sage. His parents were as loving as they could be, but as Sage wasn't exactly an angel, it seemed hard to love such a truble maker. Never-the-less, Sage grew up happy, and somehow a boring day never passed. Sage was one of those wild childs who never grew up. Sage lives for thrills and the rush of adrenaline. Even though he's a peasant, Sage still knows how to get his kicks, and how to keep his toes in line just enough to not get a beating.
PB: Sean William Scott

Notes
The Earthlings understand the language the Agots speak because they had a brain download of sorts that lets them understand almost all languages in the universe. We will be typing dialogue in English, though.
If you want to have relationships, just ask a person on this thread or in PMs.

Rules
When making an original character, bold their name and rank in society (king, peasant, whatever) and write a few sentences about them. Include their personality and any relevant detail (history, relationships, crushes) that you’d like.
There is NO B/G rule, but you can feel free to make your characters of either gender.
You can take a maximum of ten characters and a minimum of two.
Please use proper spelling and proper grammar.
Please make your posts at least two lines in length.
Please link to your PB.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

I'll take Joy and an Agot peasant
who you will be.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Total Fan

You got 'em
Old 08-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Master Fan

Lark and the Princess of the Agots please?
that a broken heart is blind
Old 08-04-2005, 01:30 PM
Total Fan

Excellent! They're all yours.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Can I get Gen and a peasant

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy
Old 08-05-2005, 10:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can I get Lan and a peasent?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:43 AM
Total Fan

Alright! It's awesome to have you guys joining. If you guys have the time for another character, I'd suggest taking a member of the royal Agot family. We could do without the king and queen, though. By 'do without' I mean having them present in some posts but not played by any of us. I hope that's clear. I'm not good with communication.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Master Fan

I hope I did this right.

Brodien *Brody*
Peasant

Brodien has been living on his own since he was a young child. His family, for one reason or another, thought it necessary to cast him out on his own. They said it was as a manner of survival. That they had no choice in the matter, they just didn't have enough to support themselves and him and they selfishly chose themselves over their own son. This is the main reason why no one seems to know his last name. He stopped using it because it is his last name that connects him to his parents and he hopes to detach himself from them as much as possible. Despite his hard life, Brodien is surprisingly good-natured and always willing to help anyone in need of it. He does whatever he can to earn enough to live, but there is nothing steady. Luckily, he has very good survival skills. He had to in order to survive the struggles he's been through.
pb: David Wenham

Joy Mellow
pb: Scarlett Johansson
who you will be.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Total Fan

Yep! Perfect. Thanks for getting them in.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Lark Solderini
PB:
Summer Glau

Aelen Fall
Princess of the Agots

Since she is the Princess, Aelen's life has been easier than those of most on her planet. Her parents have given her every luxury they can, doing their best to be sure their only daughter is always satisfied. But after being doted on and sheltered from the worst parts of the Agots' world for her entire life, Aelen is restless. She's beginning to crave independence, and feels trapped by her parents control of her. Aelen knows that she is spoiled compared to the rest of the Agots, and the thought makes her anxious to prove that she can do things for herself.
PB: Alexa Davalos

This okay?
that a broken heart is blind
Old 08-07-2005, 09:53 AM
Total Fan

Perfect And I adore Alexa Davalos.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Master Fan

Gen Proctor
PB: Liv Tyler

**I can't really find a good pic of Liv from One Night at McCool's. This is the only one I've found, so I guess it'll do for now.

Sage Clark
Peasant
Sage grew up the dirtiest of poor, in a broken down, little shanty for a house, but that never bothered Sage. His parents were as loving as they could be, but as Sage wasn't exactly an angel, it seemed hard to love such a truble maker. Never-the-less, Sage grew up happy, and somehow a boring day never passed. Sage was one of those wild childs who never grew up. Sage lives for thrills and the rush of adrenaline. Even though he's a peasant, Sage still knows how to get his kicks, and how to keep his toes in line just enough to not get a beating.
PB: Sean William Scott

The cold never bothered me anyway.
Mandy