Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-16-2005, 03:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Covington Grove Boarding School....MYOC (Casting!)

Covington Grove Boarding School

What happens when a private boarding school becomes not so private?...

In the 1800s: In the lush wooded area of New England, Vera Thompson-Covington and her husband, Nathaniel Covington, decided to establish a private boarding school for the girls of the wealthy families of the surrounding area. In the boarding school, the girls were taught etiquette, housewifery, and how to marry young wealthy men along with a formal education.

In the early 1900s: Marjorie Wilkinson, a descendent of Vera and Nathaniel, took over the school and became it's headmistress. She was not satisfied with the education that Covington Grove was offering to the young girls of the time. She believed that young girls should have thoughts and opinions of their own and that they should not simply rely on their husband to make all the decisions. Marjorie totally renovated the curriculum of Covington Grove. She even changed the motto of the school to "Where young girls become vessels of knowledege and are given the tools to utilize that knowledge." Things were going well for the school until the Depression hit. Many girls were pulled out of the school because of lack of tuition payment. Covington Grove fell on hard times and with enrollment decreasing year by year, Marjorie had no other choice than to go to the U.S. government. She pleaded her case and threw herself on the mercy of the members that had come to hear her case. The government took mercy on Marjorie, of course, and agreed to help her with one condition. That condition was that Covington Grove open up a scholarship program, that would be paid for by the government, to girls of not so wealthy families. To determine who got the scholarships, the potential students were to be given a test that was created by some of the Covington Grove teachers and some government appointed officials. Marjorie agreed to the condition and the scholarship program was implemented. Afterwards, Covington Grove was thriving once again.

In the late 1900s: Victoria Covington, another descendent of Vera and Nathaniel, took over Covington Grove and became headmistress of the school. As soon as she was given her title, she decided that Covington Grove needed a major face lift and total renovation if they wanted to attract more paying students. She collected money from her family and friends and also threw a fundraiser ball in honor of the school to raise the money needed to renovate. She got so much money that she was able to renovate the entire school and even add on a building dedicated to study and exercise. Shortly after the renovations, Victoria became somewhat of a tyrant around the school. She established crazy rules that were impossible for the girls to abide by. Other members of the Covington family saw this behavior and immediately stripped her of her title. After Victoria was handled, the family decided that one person should not be totally in charge of school and they created the Covington Commission. The Covington Commission is a group of adults, mostly Covington family members, friends, and alumni, that regulated everything that occured with the school from selecting which courses to offer to what the cafeteria would serve for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

In 2005: Covington Grove's brother school, Claiborne-Medley School for Boys, has filed for bankruptcy and it's students have no where to go. Claiborne-Medley was also being supported by the U.S. government but the aid was not sufficient enough to keep the school afloat financially and enrollment had decreased drastically. Now, the government has called on Covington Grove to open it's doors to the boys that once went to Claiborne-Medley. The Covington Commission has considered this offer over and over and has found no other way to avoid it. They agreed to allow the boys of Claiborne-Medley to attend Covington Grove which will transform Covington Grove into a co-ed school for the first time in it's history. Along with opening it's doors to male students, Covington Grove's scholarship program is now open to boys as well. The scholarship test was thrown out five years ago as it was seen as being archaic and bias. The scholarship is now open to those individuals who are talented in the arts, athletics, or academics.

Buildings to Know:

1. Hawthorne Hall:
Dedicated to the memory of Hyacinth Hawthorne, a graduate of Covington Grove and an avid supporter of the school. She went on to become a highly influential humanitarian. One of the girls' dorms on campus.

2. Wilkinson House:
Dedicated to the memory of Marjorie Wilkinson, descendent of Vera and Nathaniel Covington and former headmistress of Covington Grove. One of the girls' dorms on campus.

3. Pembrooke Terrace:
Dedicated to Theodore Pembrooke, a family friend of the Covingtons and large supporter of Covington Grove's education. One of the boys' dorms on campus.

4. Grambling Graves:
Dedicated to the memory of Corneilius Grambling, a large supporter of Covington Grove and all it's endeavors. One of the boys' dorms on campus.

5. Adler-Harrington Hall:
Dedicated to Patricia Adler-Harrington, a graduate of Covington Grove who went on to become a very influential politician. It is where all the students have their breakfast, lunch, and dinner along with snacks. It is regarded as one of the best places to eat on the east cost. It has a variety of foods including kosher and vegan bars.

6. Westbury Library:
Dedicated to the memory of Lillian Westbury, a graduate of Covington Grove who went on to become one of the first female lawyers in America. Westbury Library has books on any subject or topic you could possibly imagine. It also has four computer labs in which all the students at Covington Grove could each have their own computer with some computers left over.

7. Vera T. Covington Sports and Learning Center:
Dedicated to the memory of Vera Thompson-Covington, co-founder of the Covington Grove Boarding School. The first two floors consist of study areas for students to come to where there is peace and quiet. There is also a small library on the top floor and computer rooms. All the electronics and educational programs one could ever need are also located in this building. The bottom two floors are dedicated to exercise and fitness. There is a gym which houses all the exercise machines and weights a person could think of. There are also five pools equipped with diving boards, four tennis courts, three indoor fields, and two indoor tracks. Behind the Sports and Learning Center are three outdoor fields, three tennis courts, two baseball/softball diamonds, and an outdoor track.

Uniforms:

Girls-

Boys-

Extra Information: This will be the first year that Covington Grove will be co-ed and all different kinds of people will be roaming it's halls. This role-play will basically be about the interaction between the students of Covington Grove.

Rules:

Boy/Girl- I don't care how many characters you take as long as the amount of boys and girls are even. Also, I have one other little request. Let's try not to make this an automatic "find a boy/girlfriend in the first three posts" roleplay. I understand that magical stuff happens in roleplay land but it's okay to interact with those who are not potential lovers/crushes.

Bold your subjects!

Be creative!

Have fun!

Players:

1.BraveGirl4Life
2.buffyandspike4ever-Reserving Patrick Fugit and Michelle Trachtenberg
3.~*Heaven*~-Reserving kristanna loken, adriana lima, callum blue, & rupert evans
4.cliffy spuffy dreamer
5.The Survivor-Reserving Josh Hartnett (Senior),Maggie Grace (Junior),Jeremy Sumpter (Sophmore),Emma Watson (Freshman)
6.California_here_I_come-Reserving Amanda Righetti and Hugh Dancy

THE FORM:
TB: Your FF Name
Name: Please indicate nicknames with * or ()
Grade: Freshmen, Sophmore, Junior, Senior
Status: Paying or Scholarship Program-What you got your scholarship in
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: This is OPTIONAL. I think it's a different way to look at a person's character and see who they really are. I don't know...I like it.
Sports/Hobbies: What they are involved in at school.
Personality: I like the 5 adjective thing but if you feel like you have write in paragraph form then feel free but don't make it too long because people tend not to read them and I wouldn't want you to waste your words.
Background/History: This is OPTIONAL. I think this add depth to a character but if you disagree, you don't have to do it. Again, it can be as short as 3 sentences or as long as a medium-long paragraph. I just don't want your words to be wasted.
Thoughts and Opinions: You can be really creative here. If you character is a girl that has been going here awhile, you can describe how she feels about the boys coming? If she's paying, you describe how she feels or looks at the scholarship girls. If she's not, what she thinks about the paying girls. If your character's a boy, describe how they feel about coming to a formerly all-female school. Same goes with the paying or scholarship thing. Either sex, you can describe any stories that may have been told about Covington Grove girls or Claiborne-Medley boys.
Crush: It can be as many crushes as you want, just give a reason. We're gonna start the week after the first week of school so someone could've caught their eye or is in their class.
PB: I just ask that you make them age appropriate.

***Your characters can be legacies if you want. A legacy basically means that someone in their family went to the school before them. Your character can also be a Covington descendent or their parent can be on the Covington Commission...If you have any questions or concerns, just PM and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Come and join and get your profiles in as soon as possible. Remember, the sooner profiles are in, the sooner we can get started. Thanks! ***
#3-"Vot is the point of being an international Quidditch player if all the good-looking girls are taken?"-Krum
#2-"HERMIONE! HERMIONE!"- Ron
#1-"Not my daughter, you bitch!"-Mrs. Weasley
H/G R/Hr Journey
Old 08-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Reserving Pb's: Patrick Fugit and Michelle Trachtenberg
Old 08-16-2005, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

spot plz kristanna loken, adriana lima, callum blue, & rupert evans
Old 08-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

I'll join, unsure of PB's
In the pain there is healing
In your name I find meaning
Old 08-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for joining! You guys are added...C'mon people..I know you want to join!
#3-"Vot is the point of being an international Quidditch player if all the good-looking girls are taken?"-Krum
H/G R/Hr Journey
Old 08-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Master Fan

Ill join. Ill take 4.

Josh Hartnett (Senior)
Maggie Grace (Junior)
Jeremy Sumpter (Sophmore)
Emma Watson (Freshman)
Old 08-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Addicted Fan

You're added! Thanks for joining

This is where I'll post the profiles of characters since the first post is really long...

TB: BraveGirl4Life
Name: Alexandria *Alex* Montgomery
Grade:Senior
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: "The Trick is to Keep Breathing" by Garbage
Sports/Hobbies: Choir, Alumni-Student Association, Young Business Women of America, National Honor Society
Personality: Honest, Introspective, Optimistic, Reserved, and Vulnerable
Background/History: Alexandria was born to business tycoon, Edward Montgomery and famous criminal lawyer, Rebecca Hyatt-Montgomery. She is the middle child of five girls for the couple. Things in her family have always been competitive, from who said the best first word to grades in school. Alex's two older sisters, Tatum and Morgan, have already attended Covington Grove. Tatum graduated with a 4.0 and various honors. Morgan graduated with a full scholarship to Rutgers University for her performance in soccer. Morgan knows that there is a lot of pressure on her because of what her sisters have done before her and on her vocal talents. Her mother, who is also a graduate of Covington Grove and sits on the Covington Commission, expects her to get a full scholarship to Julliard for her singing. She knows that she has to get that scholarship and set a good example for her little sisters, Natalie and Samantha. Her mother also has hopes of getting her a husband from one of the boys transferring from Claiborne-Medley.
Thoughts and Opinions: Alexandria is happy that all people get to have a chance at getting a high quality education through the scholarship program, however, she knows that if they find a better singer that they will bring that person in and he or she will take over all her solos which worries Alex. As for the boys coming, she is very nervous. She knows that she should be thrilled like most of her friends are but she knows that her mother will be on the hunt for her future husband. After all, it worked for her two older sister. Tatum married a Claiborne-Medley boy and Morgan's been dating one for two years. "It's only a matter of time" as her mother says. The only thing that Alex has been hearing about Claiborne-Medley boys is that they are the cream of the crop and once you get one to hold on to him tightly and then bide your time until you get the ring.
Crush: TBA
PB: Susan Ward

TB: BraveGirl4Life
Name: Dylan McCain
Grade: Junior
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: "I Don't Want to Be" by Gavin DeGraw
Sports/Hobbies: Varsity Football and Peer Mediation
Personality: Humorous, Friendly, Laid-back, Determined, Cautious
Background/History: Dylan was born to car salesman, Thomas McCain and third grade teacher, Lorraine Davy-McCain. He is the youngest of three. Dylan grew up as a pretty normal child. He was very close to his grandmother, Alberta McCain. He always went to her house and took care of her. Unfortunately, two years ago, Alberta died. Dylan was very sad about her passing and experienced a long bout of depression. However, Alberta was a big saver of money and in her will, she left Dylan's family, 3.8 million dollars which was all the money she had saved up over the years. Her only condition was to put Dylan in a good school where he would get the best education possible and that's what his parents did. They enrolled him in Claiborne-Medley for his sophmore year of high school. The rest of the money was used to buy the family a better house and support Dylan's older sister and brother, Candice and Peter, in college. Dylan has told no one of how his family became suddenly rich. People just tend to assume that his parents have high paying jobs which enable them to pay for his schooling.
Thoughts and Opinions: Dylan finds it a relief that he's going to be around girls again. He was in a public co-ed school before he transfered to Claiborne-Medley and he greatly missed it while at the all-male school. You get sick of seeing guys all the time. As for scholarship students, he doesn't really mind because he came from the same humble beginnings as they have so he can relate to them easier than the boys he's always around who have money coming out of their ears. Dylan's heard a lot of stories about Covington Grove girls, some people say their all b*tches and some say they're easy but he's concluded not to listen to all the stories and find out for himself.
PB: Jay Kenneth Johnson

TB: ~*Heaven*~
Name: Natasha Evangeline
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: Jamiroquai-Canned Heat
Sports/Hobbies: National Honor Society, Dance Team, Gymnastics Club, Cheerleading
Personality: Intense, Passionate, Flirtatious, Charismatic, Independent, Stubborn, Driven
Background/History: Natasha never had what you would call a *normal* childhood. She was born in Brazil to a Brazilian girl named Adriana Evangeline and an American man named Jason Harperd. They met when he came to Brazil on vacation with his family and they called it *love* at first sight. More like lust. Jason basically used Adriana and she didn’t know he was married until it was too late. Jason left Brazil and left Adriana alone and pregnant. When Adriana’s family found out about her pregnancy they were furious and they kicked her out. Adriana had nowhere to go and didn’t know what to do but decided she needed to find Jason. She worked hard and lived on the streets until she could afford a plane ticket to America. There she searched for Jason and finally found him after she had given birth to Natasha. She told him that if he didn’t take care of them she would tell his wife and kids all about the affair and about Natasha. He then gave them only enough money to start them off and get them set up in an apartment. From there on Adriana was on her own, and she worked day and night to take care of Natasha. When Natasha was 12 Adriana finally gave up and committed suicide because she couldn’t take the pressure anymore. Natasha spent the next couple years in foster homes and orphanages until she got the scholarship to Covington Grove. Ever since then she has never wanted to be anywhere else and even takes summer classes just so that she could have a place to stay. Natasha had been dancing since she was very young, it was the one thing her mom splurged on for her and it really paid off.
Thoughts and Opinions: Natasha absolutely adores Covington Grove. She loves being there more than anything in the world. She has never stayed anywhere more beautiful and after being there for 3 years she never wants to leave. She loves the classes She’s not super happy about boys being around. She loves the school just the way it is and think that boys being there might change it too much, it disappoints her and she feels that everything should stay the same because it has always been wonderful. Natasha has never really cared much for the paying people, thinking they have no idea what its like to have to struggle for anything. She thinks most of them are probably spoiled.
Crush: It can be as many crushes as you want, just give a reason. We're gonna start the week after the first week of school so someone could've caught their eye or is in their class.
PB: Adriana Lima

Name: Nicole (Nikki) Thompson
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: "Let it be" by the Beatles
Sports/Hobbies: Track& Feild, math club, Theatre club.
Personality: Dedicated, driven, sweet, funny, energetic
Thoughts and Opinions: Nicole feels lucky to be going in as a scolarship student. Many girls her age had to pay to get in but she has a scolarship for Math. She feels that the paying students should get interested in something and try to plan a future with it. She doesn't think much about boys because she's dedicated to acheiving her goal but lately one person has changed that entirely for her.
Crush: One boy TBA
PB: Michelle Trachtenberg

TB: buffyandspike4ever
Name: James (Jimmy) Manson
Grade: Sophmore
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: "Untitled" by Simple plan.
Sports/Hobbies: Football, Basketball, Wrestling.
Personality: Kind, tough, protective, fun, hilarious.
Thoughts and Opinions: As a paying student he wishes to make it pro in any of the sports he's interested in. He wishes he could have been able to get a scolarship so he wouldn't have to make his dad give him money for a school that he doesn't want him to go to. Every day he has to convince his dad that if he goes through a good school like this that he will have a future in sports the way he wants to.
PB: Patrick Fugit
H/G R/Hr Journey
Old 08-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

What the hell! LOL. But be warned, school starts for me on the 29th and if things get to busy I might have to drop this one. That said, please save me Amanda Righetti and Hugh Dancy. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2005, 05:53 PM
Addicted Fan

California_here_I_come: That's totally understandable and thanks for joining anyway!
H/G R/Hr Journey
Old 08-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

First one for now, more coming soon, sorry if it kinda sucks but I'm like really tired and kinda out of it lol

TB: ~*Heaven*~
Name: Natasha Evangeline
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: Jamiroquai-Canned Heat
Sports/Hobbies: National Honor Society, Dance Team, Gymnastics Club, Cheerleading
Personality: Intense, Passionate, Flirtatious, Charismatic, Independent, Stubborn, Driven
Background/History: Natasha never had what you would call a *normal* childhood. She was born in Brazil to a Brazilian girl named Adriana Evangeline and an American man named Jason Harperd. They met when he came to Brazil on vacation with his family and they called it *love* at first sight. More like lust. Jason basically used Adriana and she didn’t know he was married until it was too late. Jason left Brazil and left Adriana alone and pregnant. When Adriana’s family found out about her pregnancy they were furious and they kicked her out. Adriana had nowhere to go and didn’t know what to do but decided she needed to find Jason. She worked hard and lived on the streets until she could afford a plane ticket to America. There she searched for Jason and finally found him after she had given birth to Natasha. She told him that if he didn’t take care of them she would tell his wife and kids all about the affair and about Natasha. He then gave them only enough money to start them off and get them set up in an apartment. From there on Adriana was on her own, and she worked day and night to take care of Natasha. When Natasha was 12 Adriana finally gave up and committed suicide because she couldn’t take the pressure anymore. Natasha spent the next couple years in foster homes and orphanages until she got the scholarship to Covington Grove. Ever since then she has never wanted to be anywhere else and even takes summer classes just so that she could have a place to stay. Natasha had been dancing since she was very young, it was the one thing her mom splurged on for her and it really paid off.
Thoughts and Opinions: Natasha absolutely adores Covington Grove. She loves being there more than anything in the world. She has never stayed anywhere more beautiful and after being there for 3 years she never wants to leave. She loves the classes She’s not super happy about boys being around. She loves the school just the way it is and think that boys being there might change it too much, it disappoints her and she feels that everything should stay the same because it has always been wonderful. Natasha has never really cared much for the paying people, thinking they have no idea what its like to have to struggle for anything. She thinks most of them are probably spoiled.
PB: Adriana Lima
Old 08-20-2005, 06:32 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for getting your profile in!
H/G R/Hr Journey
Old 08-20-2005, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

And....as I predicted....I must drop this RP. Busy w/back to school stuff and a friend of mine is moving so I am @ work planning on throwing her a goodbye bash. Thanks 4 understanding. Have fun guys!
Old 08-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

Name: Nicole (Nikki) Thompson
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: "Let it be" by the Beatles
Sports/Hobbies: Track& Feild, math club, Theatre club.
Personality: Dedicated, driven, sweet, funny, energetic
Thoughts and Opinions: Nicole feels lucky to be going in as a scolarship student. Many girls her age had to pay to get in but she has a scolarship for Math. She feels that the paying students should get interested in something and try to plan a future with it. She doesn't think much about boys because she's dedicated to acheiving her goal but lately one person has changed that entirely for her.
Crush: One boy TBA
PB: Michelle Trachtenberg

Name: James (Jimmy) Manson
Grade: Sophmore
Personal Quote/Lyric/Song: "Untitled" by Simple plan.
Sports/Hobbies: Football, Basketball, Wrestling.
Personality: Kind, tough, protective, fun, hilarious.
Thoughts and Opinions: As a paying student he wishes to make it pro in any of the sports he's interested in. He wishes he could have been able to get a scolarship so he wouldn't have to make his dad give him money for a school that he doesn't want him to go to. Every day he has to convince his dad that if he goes through a good school like this that he will have a future in sports the way he wants to.
PB: Patrick Fugit
Old 08-20-2005, 06:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for getting your profile in buffyandspikeforever...California_here_I_come...I'm sorry you can't rp with us. Best wishes to your friend. Good luck planning the party.
H/G R/Hr Journey