Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-05-2004, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

|The One That Got Away| - P/MYOC

|The One That Got Away|

=PLOT=

High school -- a time for figuring out what kind of person you want to be for the rest of your life. Choices are made, relationships are forged...and broken. It is the defining period in one's existence when reason and imagination are fused together for four years all to achieve one moment of completion that could change the face of our planet forever......oh...you thought I was being serious. Let's be real, folks, high school sucks, and no amount of fancy, superfluous, well-organized words is going to change that. But it has its moments, and those moments, more often than not, include someone of the opposite sex. There's just something about high school romance that changes some people. Of course, it's true, life goes on, and people grow apart, going off to do different things with their lives and often leaving their old ones behind. What someone wouldn't give just to have one more day with that person who made going to hell every day worthwhile. Well, a handful of couples are about to have that chance.

The Class of '00 is reuniting with their special someones for a summer in Kauai, Hawaii, staying at the acclaimed Hyatt Regency Hotel and being waited on day and night in a tropical paradise, to re-fuse old bonds, and possibly to settle old scores, all for the sake of getting back "the one that got away." And oh yeah...cameras are following them basically all the time so about 50 million anonymous people can watch them every week from the comfort of their own homes.

=RULES=

B/G applies...tragic, I know, but get over it
TAG - use it if you want a specific character to respond
Say it with me: CORRECT GRAMMAR AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE
Take at least one already-made before adding your own
Have fun and be nice -- there will be no open brawls unless I ref them

=PROFILES=

| Spot | The Fifth Element
| Spot | x*Brooke*x
| Spot | Dimaranwen
| Spot | ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~ (PB: Emma Caufield, Nathan West, Alyssa Milano)
| Spot | Hailie
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |
| Spot |

Okay, so here's the sitch -- first, I don't want this RP to kill us with its gerth and ginormousness, so once the spots are filled, then that's it. We move on. Second, I've already arranged the characters that I made up into designated couples. If anyone picks the made-up of the opposite sex and is about to have an aneurysm over the pairing, never fear, we may be able to work something out. Otherwise, suck it up and deal.

You can choose or make-up as many characters as you think you can handle. All I ask is that your made-ups be in this format:

Name: Obvious
Major:
What They Are Up To: Job? No Job? Joined a convent? Whatever, just put something
Personality: Nothing schnazzy -- maybe a few lines of what we should expect
Taken By: Obvious
Played By: Again, obvious -- please provide a pic (linked or otherwise...preferrably linked if it's going to take up the entire world. We do want to be considerate of those of us who haven't crossed over into the realm of broadband.)

=CHARACTERS=

*Couple I*

Name: Jack O'Callahan
Major: Business
What They Are Up To: He runs a successful restaurant and bar in Boston with Gavin, where he is a chef and bartender
Personality: Jack's a no-nonsense kind of guy, always ready to step up to the plate, and being a hockey player, he's usually the first one to drop his gloves. He's very cocky and charming, but once you get to know him, his soft side usually makes its debut, complete with red carpet and paparazzi.
Taken By: The Fifth Element
Played By: Michael Mantenuto

Name: Luca Bella (Luca) Giordano
Major: Physical Education
What They Are Up To: She plays professional volleyball for UC Berkeley
Personality: When you're around Luca, you know what it means to be having a good time. She just has a certain quality about her that lights up any dull situation and gives you extra umph you've needed all day. She's very snarky and witty and isn't intimidated by anything or anyone...except her Italian grandmother. And she loves to eat.
Taken By: -Saved-
Played By: Taylor Cole

*Couple II*

Name: Gavin Capinelli
What They Are Up To: He runs a successful restaurant and bar in Boston with Jack where he is a chef and bartender
Personality: Gavin's just an all-around nice, genuine, fun-to-with kind of guy. He knows how to make you laugh no matter what, but he's also a hopeless romantic, and when he's with someone, they feel like they're the only person in the world that matters. Plus, coming from an Italian background, he knows the meaning and importance of a good family life.
Played By: Patrick O'Brien Demsey

Name: Noelani (Lani) Pantastico
Major: Dance
What They Are Up To: She is currently a principal at Pacific Northwest Ballet
Personality: First word that comes to mind when thinking of Lani is "sweet" -- and that's just what she is. She can't help it, she's just nice. She's always looking to cheer someone up or make them smile, and she loves to help...with anything. If she wasn't a dancer, she'd probably be a missionary or volunteer of some sort. But of course, like every "sweet" girl, she has a wild side, that only a privileged few get to see.
Taken By: Dimaranwen
Played By: Kristin Kreuk

*Couple III*

Name: Aidan Gallagher
Major: Polticial Science (Minor in History)
What They Are Up To: He's a high school history teacher and a TA for two American and European History courses at Boston University
Personality: There's not a whole lot to Aidan -- he's pretty much just the straight edge of the group. He knows what he has to do most of the time, and he pretty much just does it...no more, no less. He's something of an over-achiever, but not to the point that it's bothersome -- it's actually somewhat endearing. And plus, he's got a positive attitude when it comes to almost anything, and...well...he's hot. Automatic bonus points.
Taken By: ~*~Hopeless Romantic~*~
Played By: Eddie Cahill

Name: Julia (Jules) Kingsford
Major: Drama
What They Are Up To: She's a model for numerous agencies and an aspiring actress
Personality: As much as stereotypes suck, Julia pretty much fits into the one labeled "Blond Bombshell"...not her fault, she was born blonde and voluptuous, end of story. She's not manipulative or snotty, but she knows how to use what she has to get what she wants. And uncommon to another stereotype of a "dumb blonde", Jules has a good head on her shoulder and can take care of herself. She's not one you can take advantage of so easily.
Played By: Elisha Cuthbert

*Couple IV*

Name: Jason Roderick
Major: Journalism
What They Are Up To: He's a movie critic for the New York Times
Personality: Okay, so Jason can be a nerd sometimes, no big deal. If Aidan's a semi-over-achiever, Jason's an over-over-achiever. But he means well; he can't help being a perfectionist in every aspect of his life. Of course, someone wound as tight as him has to learn to let loose every now and then, and it has taken him a while to learn, but he's getting better at it. He does have a secret charisma stashed away though, being a member of the press.
Taken By: x*Brooke*x
Played By: Tom Welling

Name: Noelle Cavanaugh
Major: Marine Biology
What They Are Up To: She's currently still in school getting her Masters so she can become a Marine Biologist...hence the major
Personality: Ah...the girl next door. Every high school had to have one, and she was just it. She's nice, well-liked, very social, and she's always up for good conversation...which she usually starts, by the way. She doesn't believe in holding your tongue, for anything or anyone, and she's the advocate for the phrase "You learn something new everyday", because she actually tries to do so.
Taken By: Hailie
Played By: Kate Bosworth

*Couple V*

Name: Brian McDermott
What They Are Up To: He's an architect and graphic designer for his father's company
Personality: Brian's the All-American. He played every sport he could get his hands on in high school, and he still tries to remain active and in shape to this day, though sports has taken something of a back seat to working for his dad at McDermott Industries. He's very care-free and spontaneous, always looking for something to get into. He's the first guy to try something new and the last one to feel bad about it, and his life's philosophy is "Everybody poops", because it helps him keep perspective when he makes someone in his life too important.
Taken By: Dimaranwen
Played By: Paul Walker

Name: Malia Chase
Major: Dance (Minor in Music)
What They Are Up To: She's a principal at Joffrey Ballet of Chicago
Personality: Malia's a spunky, sexy, entertaining person to hang out with. Like Luca, she's most often the life of the party, but knows how to do so responsibly. She's very astute and intelligent, and she knows what it means to make wise decisions, not just decisions that seem wise at the time. She wants to live her life with no regrets, and has basically succeeded thus far...basically.
Played By: Jessica Alba

=QUESTIONS=

Anything unclear? Are you just so neurotic that you have to ask questions in any setting no matter what and you've decided to make me the victim of your obsessive-compulsive behavior? S'cool, just post or pm.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]

Last edited by sumiregusa; 06-06-2004 at 06:53 AM
Old 06-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Can i take Luca, Malia, Jason and a guy made-up?
I'll kill who you hate, take off that dress, you won't freeze
Old 06-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'll take Brian and Lani
Old 06-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by x*Brooke*x
Can i take Luca, Malia, Jason and a guy made-up?
Well...I'm Malia, but you're welcome to have the others.

Old 06-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Passionate Fan

Sorry! I didn't notice. Can i have Jules instead?
Old 06-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Sure. And I forgot to add that I have Luca saved for someone -- if they don't show up, do you still want her?

Old 06-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Passionate Fan

aww really? Yes please!! I really want Luca!!(Mostly because of the guy she's dating!)
Old 06-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
aww really? Yes please!! I really want Luca!!(Mostly because of the guy she's dating!)
So we have a fellow Mike Mantenuto fanatic on our hands do we? Good times. And I lied, I'm Jules (go me for remembering), so...anyone else?

Old 06-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by The Fifth Element
So we have a fellow Mike Mantenuto fanatic on our hands do we? Good times. And I lied, I'm Jules (go me for remembering), so...anyone else?
Yeppers! That's why i want Luca!!! lol..i wouldn't care who the girl was just the guy *Yummy*
Old 06-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ah...The Miracle.
Anyway!
I guess we don't need to add any other info?
Old 06-05-2004, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimaranwen
Ah...The Miracle.
Anyway!
I guess we don't need to add any other info?
Mmm...."Miracle"....(*tries to hide the fact that almost all her PB's came from that movie but fails miserably*)...

Oh, right, you asked me something. Heh...um, I think we'll wait 'til everyone's either signed up or checked in to do any sort of relationship info...like, besides romantic. That's about it. You're good.

Old 06-05-2004, 09:05 PM
Passionate Fan

Um...Is there anyway you could add another couple for me? If you would do that (Guy preferable a hot one from miracle) I would bow down to you!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Um...Is there anyway you could add another couple for me? If you would do that (Guy preferable a hot one from miracle) I would bow down to you!
Hmm...well, as fun as being bowed to sounds (and it does sound really fun), I'm pretty much maxed out as far as character making is concerned. If you'd like another character made, then I think you should make it yourself. No offense, but I've pretty much done what I can do.

Old 06-05-2004, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Omg I had a rp with the same name, that was trippy for a second lol. Love the idea Can I take Aiden and then 3 made ups? I know, a lot - its a great idea lol, if not I'll just take one girl
PB's: Emma Caulfield, Nathan West & Alyssa Milano

[Lois/Clark] [Michael/Sara] [Veronica/Logan] [Sydney/Vaughn] [Jack/Kate] [Alex/Izzy] [Chase/Cameron] [Kimber/Christian] [Phoebe/Cole]

[Journal] [Angel-Rays] [Operation Piggy Bank]
[Team Addison]
Old 06-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can I take Noelle cavanaugh, please?