Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-19-2016, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Lynette
Hand on hip, her signature 'speak when spoken to' posture, Lynette observed her cousins closely. They seemed equal parts distracted and irritated. Such lackluster expressions were commonplace in her presence. Still, Ford was generally amicable and Adrienne held her own quite well. Neither was intimidated by Lynette. Something else was brewing beneath the surface. "You all look under the weather." What a nice way of putting it. Perhaps she'd pat herself on the back later. Lynette raised a quizzical eyebrow until Ford finally broke the silence. The chef tried his hand at menu-roulette. This was what they were hiding? No wonder. They'd be ruined. Grandmother's accusing voice rang in her ear as she attempted to gain control. Breathe in, breathe out, repeat...damn it to hell. The calming exercises her therapist championed were coming up short.

Lynette felt hives forming 'till Ford quelled the storm. He'd handled it. The original, Elizabeth-approved courses were being served. "Thank the Lord. You could've begun with that, before I had a mini-heart attack." Chuckling, the frazzled brunette caught a mischievous glint in Ford's eye. Her cousins did enjoy toying with her. Had it been Sydney, or anyone else really, Lynette would've bitten back. Ford was harmless. He was a teddy bear under all that tough Delongpre exterior. It wouldn't take him far in politics (much to his father's dismay), so he'd have to harden, but for now his personality was...dare she say...amusing. Ford even inspired a smile whilst offering himself for auction slaughter. "That's the spirit! We should all take one for the team." Lynette felt the pressure of her forced smile building. She spoke the script she was given but, clearly, delight over being sold to the highest bidder was nonexistent.

"Maybe I can rework the lineup, squeeze you in after Sydney. I'm sure the ladies will love fighting for your affection right off the bat." Helping him helped the family, helped her look good, so of course she'd comply. Adrienne eyed Lynette with annoyance. Honestly, who spat in her Wheaties this morning? Ford released a groan, helping Lynette catch on. Phillip Sinclaire was near. Adrienne wasn't mad at her. The scorned redhead was practicing transference. "Twenty-two isn't half bad, though we could do better. But, erm, thank you. I appreciate your efforts." Lynette squirmed at her words. She hadn't tasted a compliment on her tongue in ages. Sympathy for others was awkward in every sense of the word. "Maybe he'll trip while presenting," she continued. "Moving on, have either of you seen Cadence? I need an update on the checks Jonathan and she collected."

Last edited by Captivating; 01-19-2016 at 09:05 AM
Old 01-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Matt
Matt could feel the supratrochlear vein just to the right of the bridge of his nose throbbing wildly, keeping time with his frantically beating heart. There it visibly pulsated, growing in size and frequency like something out of a cartoon, ready to burst at any moment. Or so he imagined. When his water goddess of a sister tapped her cheek against the side of the tank he physically turned his back to her, a very audible sound of sheer exasperation leaving his lips. Matt was becoming less and less concerned with his fear that someone would find her like this and increasingly more irritated knowing that in the end he would somehow be blamed for the whole thing by their father should he find out. He had been charged with looking out for her, after all. At the very least he should have been able to prevent his crazy sister from jumping into a giant fish tank.

By the time he glanced back over at Mia, half expecting to find her bloated body floating at the top of the tank like the goldfish that used to mysteriously die on him and his sister when they were younger, her body was now pressed flat against the tank wall, arms outstretched and palms flat against the glass. His expression softened, grudgingly, for half a beat, if only because the gesture was so endearing and so whimsical and so ... so very Mia.

Still, when alas her elegant if not impractical fin propelled her to the surface of the tank, Matt let out a heavy sigh of relief, his eyes retreating behind their eyelids in silent prayer and thanks to the powers that be. When finished, he saw Mia struggling to lift herself over the ledge, her expensive water soaked gown weighing her down and threatening to drag her back to the bottom of the tank as if it were a cement block. Matt was there to catch her of course when she inevitably fell, as he always had been both physically and emotionally all her life, taking the brunt of the fall as she inelegantly crashed into his arms. He physically winced when he heard the tear of his collar though he knew her ensemble was in far worse a state. You found me. Matt tentatively peeled an eye open, slowly, the other still scrunched tight, cautiously looking down at her. Was that it, then? She was done? He could relax now?

Your turn? Matt groaned long and loud. "We aren't ten-years-old anymore, Mia. This is not the time or the place for hide and seek," he began, speaking over her, the two rambling on separate tangents in a tuneless duet, "... and so help me God if you even think about jumping back in that ta-" Mia stopped abruptly, glancing off in the direction of a sound only she seemed to hear and Matt's last word was lost to the ether, forgotten just as quickly as he had been. He watched Mia, wary of the way the muscles in her face shifted: delighted and jubilant one moment, petulant and enraged at the next. Matt somehow already knew the sender. Prescott fucking Sinclaire. He hardly had the time to roll his eyes before his sister began to inexplicably, imprudently and absurdly tug at the collar of her dress. Matt's eyes went wide, utterly mortified when he realized what she was trying to do, his sister contorting her arms into a strange and unnatural position to reach the zipper at her back.

Mary, Mother of Jesus. What the actual hell.

She had managed to free a shoulder and two quarters of an arm by the time he reached her. "Mia ... what are you-" His hands clumsily grasped at the soggy fabric of her dress, "... have you lost your mi-" He struggled to pull the collar back over her shoulder, she to free its kindred from the other sleeve. "... stop that!!!!!" Matt growled breathlessly while slapping at her hand, once, twice, a third time, as the two struggled to clothe (or in Mia's case disrobe) her. He could only pray no one would choose that precise moment to walk in on them. God only knew what this must have looked like.

Last edited by degausser; 01-19-2016 at 08:40 PM
Old 01-23-2016, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Cadence
Cadence did her best not to sneak a double take. What (or who) was he texting? Prescott's eagerness to tuck his phone away was peculiar, albeit common. Whenever she asked, he cited business. It made sense. The Sinclaire clan was a secretive bunch. Still, her stomach clenched together. Cadence was as open as one person could be. She shared her heart and soul with the man beside her, with everyone she knew. A return investment would be nice. Her namesake's advice rang in her ears. It was as though Great Grandmother Reese was in the room. We do good because it is good. We do not give to receive. "Drink up. My feet are already tapping." Her hips swayed subtly to the beat. Cadence placed her empty chardonnay glass on a passing waiter's tray and smirked. Of course her fiancee was paying attention now. "I know how to motivate y-" Prescott's lips devoured hers hungrily. Inappropriate as it was, the youngest Delongpre responded eagerly. Her body was not immune to his charms.

"Down, boy," she instructed huskily. "Later, remember? If you're good." Prescott wasted no time inquiring about her definition of good. The pair joined seasoned couples on the floor as a new song sounded. Prescott wondered aloud if resisting arson was praise-worthy. "That's a start," Cadence teased. "I still don't think Elizabeth believes the broken lantern at last summer's picnic was an accident. Two of her best tablecloths were ruined, you know." Prescott shrugged, disinterested. Remorse was lacking where her family was concerned. Her 'stuffy' family. "You see them that way, but they're wonderful people. You misjudge them...just as they misjudge you." Cadence wrapped her hands tightly 'round Prescott's neck, raising onto her tip toes. "Just don't rock the boat, baby," she whispered. She'd rock his later if he complied. "Now let's make everyone jealous, shall we? Spin me around..."
Old 01-24-2016, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Prescott
Prescott wondered if this was to be his life going forward. Couples dances at ostentatious charity parties. The couple to his left was a wizened and elderly duo that looked more like they were helping to hold the other up than actually dancing. They seemed to be shuffling in place, their tired and dusty bones too weak to actually move them more than an inch at a time. The elderly man's hair, or what remained of it, was as white as the fake snow that littered the outer perimeter of the expansive covered porch and Prescott could have sworn that when they made eye contact the other man had mouthed the words kill me now. Or maybe that had been him?

The freak fire was still a sore subject with Prescott. He didn't start that stupid fire. He'd said that to Elizabeth, but still she somehow managed to blame him. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that in his boredom he had been curious to see just how quick an accelerant Frank Gallagher whiskey could be by tipping small amounts into the flame. Whatever, like he cared what that old wrinkled crone thought of him anyway. "Wonderfully stuffy, sure," was all he said when his naive girlfriend tried to defend her family to him. His gaze happened to fall upon Adrienne, Ford and Lynette off to the side in what was in all likelihood a stimulating conversation about drying paint. Perhaps it was the fact that her family had all judged him guilty by association that Prescott was so sour where they were concerned. Adrienne he could understand, his brother having so spectacularly humiliated her in their divorce settlement. But the rest of them? Even Liz Delongpre managed to turn her nose up on him and her kettle was far blacker than his pot had ever been.

He didn't want to think about them though, finding calm at the bottom of the glass of whiskey he still held in his free hand. Cadence bade him to spin her around and for once Prescott was happy to oblige. He spun her around wildly, nearly stumbling when she twirled back into his arms. Prescott grinned widely at her, unable to help himself and dipped her deep at the next beat. It was fortunate for all parties involved that his arm proved steadier than his feet for the last thing either of them needed was for Prescott to drop her right then and there in front of everyone. He held her like that for a prolonged beat before pulling Cadence back to her full height in a dramatic flourish resulting in a couple of neighboring delighted gasps.

"Seems to me this boat could use a little rockin', baby." He whispered gruffly at her ear, taking advantage of their close proximity to playfully chew on her lower earlobe before pulling away, a glint of mischief dancing wickedly in his eye.
Old 01-26-2016, 10:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Rory Gallagher
Rory instantly needed a drink. Did he expect some sort of emotion? Maybe. Hell, he and her granddaughter had spent much of their young childhood together. Some of those play dates took place at the Donahue mansion. Rory could even recall playing hide-and-seek and hiding under Elizabeth’s desk. She was startled to find him there, but didn’t give him up to Lynette. She seemed more human back then. While Rory might have expected SOME sympathy (and was disappointed to find none), he knew that any help from Elizabeth Donahue came with strings attached. His only concern was how many strings there were and how high he’d be strung up, “I’d expect nothing less.” He said sarcastically, but quickly softened his voice. “I am not looking for a handout, Elizabeth. I intend to meet any conditions you set in place…within reason.” Rory said as he waited for her to continue. She did love to hear herself speak. And he could just see the wheels turning inside her head. Obviously, she was going over all the possible ways she could use his position as a Gallagher to her favor. This world was something else.

What kind of help was he looking for? It took so much for him not to say psychological help. Going to a Donahue for help. His father would definitely not approve. Money wasn’t the issue. Even though he liked to claim himself as a self-made man, his trust fund remained almost entirely intact. “My problem is legal. I’ve hired the best attorneys, but no one can even get a hearing date. You see, my son’s mother is Serena Byrne. As I’m sure you’re aware, her father has his hand in every area of the NYC court system. “ He said with a heavy sigh. “He’s made it impossible to make any headway towards gaining custody of my son. I figure…with a Donahue on the case, I’d stand more of a chance at not being shot down.” Rory wasn’t an idiot. He knew exactly who Adrienne Delongpre was and what she did for a living. He knew that her services would be made available as long as Rory played along in Elizabeth’s game. “Can you help?” He asked. He would probably do anything Elizabeth asked. He was desperate. But he wouldn’t lift a finger to help Elizabeth unless she could guarantee results.
Tag Elizabeth

Ford Delongpre
Ford laughed audibly at Lynette’s reaction. She was wound so tight. Most of the others felt that was one of Lynette’s weaknesses, but in reality, it was her greatest strength…at least in this family. Lynette embraced the crazy and just went for it. Ford could learn a thing or two. His political career might depend on it. “Ra! Ra” Ford said sarcastically mimicking a cheer. “That’s our family’s motto. We should all have it engraved on our headstones.” He chuckled.

He was always able to make Lynette smile. It boded well for him to have her as an ally instead of an enemy. She isn’t one you want on your bad side. Especially when she is the one who controls the annual auction. Promises of female attention did little for Ford, but the sooner it was over, the faster he could get along with his drink. We could do better? Some of us didn’t sign up for this. “We can only hope.” Ford said in regards to Phillip tripping. “Last I saw Cadence, she was attempting to find her ‘charming’ other half.” He said sarcastically as he scanned the crowd. As he finally spotted her, he nodded his head towards the crowd. “Looks like she found him.” He said sighing heavily. For obvious reasons, he wasn’t a fan of the Sinclaire family, but Cadence was so naïve and always looked for the good in people. He wasn’t sure if she was actually strong enough to survive heartbreak from a Sinclaire. And he was sure it wasn’t going to end well, but he had voiced his concerns early one and didn’t feel that it was his place to continue. As long as she was happy, he could make his peace with it.
Tag Lynette/Adrienne

Last edited by DingosAteYurBaby; 01-26-2016 at 11:17 PM
Old 01-27-2016, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Elizabeth Donahue
Within reason. There was a glint of amusement twinkling in her eye where her lips remained pressed in a thin line. Why did she never tire of hearing that from people? It was almost as if she had a reputation for being unreasonable. Elizabeth Donahue was a perfectly reasonable woman. The favors people asked of her were never simple and the stipulations she outlined responded accordingly. Custody battles were not cheap. Custody battles involving wealthy socialites with powerful friends in the legal system were especially not cheap. She knew the Byrne family by reputation only but she was familiar enough to know the roadblock they would pose to Rory's efforts. Having a family member directly involved in the judicial system was an invaluable resource. Elizabeth funded a majority of her eldest granddaughter's education for that very reason.

Could she help, though?

Elizabeth found herself scanning the crowd for Adrienne's strawberry blonde crown of hair and found her in a small huddle with Ford and Lynette. She stared after the trio thoughtfully for a few moments as if trying to make up her mind, though the decision had been rendered almost at the start. "My granddaughter will want to speak with you herself." Adrienne had been ever the dutiful granddaughter but where her work was concerned, she had grown stubborn. It mattered little though. She would yield as they all inevitably did when her arm was twisted. "I'll work on softening her up for you." Her gaze lingered after her three grandchildren, the focus shifting from Adrienne to Lynette as an idea came to Elizabeth. It would take time to earn his father's ear she suspected, but Elizabeth required more immediate compensation for her efforts and charity events didn't raise money on their own.

"Your father's influence in Washington is far reaching as my son-in-law has learned to his frustration." The political parties had never been more divisive as they were today and the line between the two was almost like a line of land mines in a war zone. It was becoming almost impossible to get anything done these days. "I need a sympathetic mouthpiece in your father's ear." The implication was clear. Rory would be that mouthpiece. "But this is hardly the time nor the place to discuss politics. We can hash out the details later. I have a fund-raising goal I need to meet which you can help me with in the mean time." It was time to put Rory to the test and see just how dedicated he was to his son's cause. Her gaze lingered over Lynette for but a beat longer, recalling the interaction that occurred between Rory and her stubborn granddaughter earlier. When she glanced back at Rory, she smiled a polite but detached smile. "I would like you to bid on my granddaughter."

Lynette was her dutiful, younger mirror in almost every way but efforts to set her up with someone of more reputable stock had failed spectacularly. Elizabeth was done being patient. "Lynette, that is," she clarified a few seconds later.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:07 PM
Elite Fan

Phillip
Sydney stared through him, not at him. Her eyes were glued to another. The lucky culprit remained a mystery, never coming forth. Perhaps he or she preferred the shadows. Phillip could sympathize. The honored veteran cleared his throat softly. Sydney blinked, immediately apologetic. "The spell's broken then?" Rory Gallagher chose that moment to excuse himself. "There he goes, into the lion's den." The youngest Jordan cracked a smile. Her grandmother was a hardass, undoubtedly. People rarely made contact without coercion. Hence Phillip's presence at the bar. Sydney was a bridge of sorts. Her help, invaluable, thwarted unpleasantness. It didn't matter that she thought herself wrong for the job. Phil knew better. "Come on. I'm sure you've got something in your granddaughter arsenal...dancer's bag...whatever you want to call it."

She considered his words carefully and nodded. Playing host shouldn't be too complicated. He could turn on the charm, say a few words about the key charity, and call it a day. Oh, and play the male version of Vana White with the auctionees. Introducing Adrienne immediately came to mind. Ladies and gentleman, the very woman I humiliated to the point of humiliating others. She'll hold a grudge and has a hell of a backhand. Do I hear five million? The imagery Phil conjured brought forth a scowl. Maybe he'd just say his ex-wife's name and leave it at that. "I'll keep all that in mind. I know how I got into this mess, but what's your excuse? And don't say familial duty because I don't see Eden and Whitney here. Rumor had it all the Jordans were wildcards...."
Old 01-28-2016, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Adrienne
Adrienne's mood continued to sour with each passing second and her cousin was not helping. Twenty-two had been her personal contribution and did not account for the participants solicited by Elizabeth or the other members of their family. The wick of her fuse dwindling to dangerously volatile proportions, Adrienne kept her mouth shut lest she explode. Maybe he'll trip when presenting. Every single muscle in her body stiffened in that moment and Adrienne turned her head slowly to fix Lynette with a cold, hard stare. She could only be alluding to her ex-husband, evidentially having sensed her growing rage with his near proximity to her. Only Lynette did not possess the grace to let her momentary slip go unnoticed. No, she of course had to interject with an unwanted jape. She couldn't help herself, obviously, just like she couldn't help herself when it came to micromanaging everyone around them.

Though her efforts would have undoubtedly made their grandmother proud, Adrienne was in no mood to deal with two Elizabeth Donahues. One was more than enough.

Still, somehow, she managed to still her tongue. Adrienne's annoyance was misplaced. Even she was aware of that much. Proximity and timing had made Lynette a convenient target to focus her rage. The tension building within her relaxed only at the mention of her favorite younger sister but even that had been short lived. Adrienne glanced from Lynette to Ford, reluctantly following his line of sight to the makeshift dance floor where Cadence and her repulsive fiance were now dancing. For once, the cancerous Gallagher trollop that was often trailing pathetically at his heel was nowhere in sight. Yet the site of Prescott Sinclaire was still enough to set her blood boiling again. Looks like she finally found him. Yeah, but for how long? Adrienne knew it was only a matter of time before his wandering heart penis lead him astray and he abandoned her sister for the better part of the evening. Such had been the Sinclaire way.

"Fantastic," Adrienne muttered dryly. "I suppose the fact that she's keeping him occupied means he's less likely to burn something down," she said, recalling the disaster that had been the picnic from a few weeks back. Her gaze lingered but for half a beat longer before she glanced back at her cousin, suddenly all business again like the flip of a switch. "Well, it seems everything is in order. The entrées should be ready any moment now and the volunteers are all set for the auction. I'd say it's about that time ..." Someone would have to inform Phillip of that fact. She didn't intend that someone to be her though.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:31 AM
Master Fan

Sydney
Though she did not believe her suggestions to be remotely significant or substantial, she was pleased to see her words brought Phillip Sinclaire some small measure of comfort. Sydney did not see how humiliating him by deliberately leaving him ill-prepared would benefit any of them. If he bumbled and stammered through his speech, where did that leave the rest of the participants forced to share the stage with him? They would only end up suffering the same fate and seeing as how she was to count herself as one of them she did not intend to suffer what would already be an awkward moment any longer than she had to. It was possible that in aiding him she was thwarting some scheme of her grandmother's but then Sydney was not the sort to find joy in the misfortune of others, deserved or no. What was it again Phil had called her and her siblings? Wildcards? She liked that.

It was certainly one of the nicer ways of putting it. Her cousin Lynette's preferred term had been nuisance and Sydney vaguely recalled the term degenerate being used once or twice to describe her eldest sister.

"The reputations my sisters and I have are exaggerated, like all others I assure you," she demurred. Phil concluded on his own that duty was an unlikely explanation for her presence but that was because he did not know her. She, Whitney and Eden may have had more in common with one another than they did with their maternal family due to the sisterly bond they shared but they three were all very different people still. Eden and Whitney never felt obligated to form or maintain any sort of attachment the way she had. And while Sydney did not accept a steady flow of money every month from Elizabeth the way some of her cousins had, birthdays and Christmases found her with a card and a very generous check in the mail that helped her to live a more comfortable life than her dancer's salary would have allowed for. She did not particularly enjoy putting herself on display when pointe shoes, tulle and a stage weren't involved. Why else put in a couple of appearances at events such as this every year if not for duty and obligation? Phil was giving her more credit than she deserved.

Sydney did not begrudge her sisters the feelings they had for Elizabeth Donahue and the rest of their extended family. They had their own lives now. If neither of them felt particularly compelled to attend the annual sell your granddaughter or son to the highest bidder Christmas Charity Auction then, well, that was their business and nobody else's. "My sisters are both very busy and live farther than I do, otherwise I know they would be here to suffer along with me." She smiled to cover a lie that was more for the benefit of her grandmother should the conversation magically get back to her than it had been for him. "The youngest Jordan sister never did like to rock the boat." Not too much, anyway. "So I fear the moniker of wildcard is a bit misplaced, though I think I'll keep it anyway." This time she grinned widely at him to show her appreciation of his efforts to make her sound more rebellious than she actually was.

In that moment she managed to spot her cousin Lynette at the far end of the patio engaged with two of their Delongpre cousins. It gave her an idea. Sydney lifted the as yet untouched refill of Moscato that had been waiting patiently for her on the bar to her lips, casting a conspiratorial glance in Phil's direction. "I don't suppose now would be a good time to ask a small favor of you?"
Old 02-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Master Fan

ooc: So I have already talked to Libby and know she's okay with us skipping forward in the next couple of days since things are starting to drag a little. Is that cool with everyone else?
Old 02-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm fine with whatever is decided. Sorry I've been absent. This week at work hit me out of nowhere, but things should be calm now (*knocks on wood*)
Old 02-06-2016, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

OOC: I can skip us forward in the next couple of days. Probably Monday after work. My one day off in eleven is tomorrow but it's Superbowl and I also have a party next week to prepare for, so that's why I've been a little slow going myself. But after work I should have something ready to go.

If anyone wants to get a head start on posts, I already have the scenario plotted out: The Sinclaire patriarch is throwing a "Save the Date/Engagement" party for Prescott and Cadence. It will be a really ostentatious affair on a booze cruise. To top it all off, respectable socialites will be rubbing elbows with pro-wrestlers. So, you know ... kind of tacky for the tastes of some.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

OOC: Okay we are skipping forward now. It is present time so approximately a month and a half or so has passed. Clarence Sinclaire is hosting an engagement party for his youngest son Prescott Sinclaire and his future daughter-in-law, Cadence Delongpre. The setting is a luxury cruise ship with seating similar to this that will take its guests on an evening trip around the National Harbor. No expense has been spared for this event with food imported from Italy, three open bars and anyone who is anyone invited to celebrate the Delongpre/Sinclaire union. Being that this is the weekend before Ash Wednesday, the theme for the party is a Mardi Gras masquerade. So costumes and masks are expected ...

... much to the dismay and horror of some.

With the exception of Adrienne and Sydney, all of my other characters are open. Matt will once again be sneaking on board in hopes of hunting down his troublesome sister to keep her from starting any trouble. I very much welcome someone running into him as he and his twin were most definitely not invited to this event.

Adrienne Delongpre
No matter how hard she tried, Adrienne Delongpre could not bring herself to so much as even pretend she was happy for her sister's engagement party. She had been in a dark mood from the moment she had woken up, staring blankly up at the canopy ceiling over her bed as realization that this was indeed the day crept over her slowly with the dawn. Her sister was making a mistake, quite possibly the biggest one of her life and it was difficult for Adrienne to hang back and keep her mouth shut when the train wreck that had been her own first marriage was replaying itself right in front of her in the form of Cadence Delongpre and Prescott Sinclaire. This wouldn't be like the Christmas party where there were several buffers around to keep Phil preoccupied and Adrienne distracted. This party had the specific intent of celebrating the future rejoining of the Delongpre and Sinclaire families. She would not be able to avoid him here, not with immediate family members of the bride and bridegroom all sharing a table.

Yet when it came time to take her seat next to her sister and Adrienne saw Phillip Sinclaire across the table, she could not bring herself to sit down. Of everyone she knew it was Cadence who suffered most for her behavior and for that she was genuinely sorry. Knowing it was unlikely she'd be able to make it through an entire dinner without physically harming Phil in some way or another, Adrienne figured her abrupt departure was the lesser of two evils.

She ended up carving out a small secluded corner for herself near the bar. It hadn't been her first choice but it was the only place she had been able to find an outlet to plug the chord of her laptop into. Adrienne was not exactly feeling the spirit of Shrove Tuesday. Everything about it was tacky from the feathers to the cheap beads to the gaudy make-up and worst of all Adrienne was fairly certain a similar theme had been selected for her own engagement party to the wretched older Sinclaire brother all those years ago. It didn't help matters that some of the guests were professional wrestlers, especially one particularly endowed wrestler of the female sort whom Adrienne was pretty sure had fucked her ex-husband when they were still married.

No, Adrienne was far from feeling festive. Not when work was piling up on her and not when her grandmother had decided to plop yet another case into her lap without even bothering to consult with her first. She was working on Rory Gallagher's case at the moment, reviewing public records about the child's mother's family and a few things a private investigator had managed to dig up that weren't available to public inquiry. Custody battles tended to get dirty and no one played dirtier than Adrienne when she needed to. Adrienne became only vaguely aware of a presence at her back, male she gathered, from the way he breathed. Not in the mood to suffer awkward attempts made at unwanted small talk, or worse, some drunken lecher hitting on her, she dismissed him blindly with the wave of a hand. "Not interested," was all she said as she reached blindly for the Iced Tea she had ordered earlier, her fingers thoughtlessly knocking the mask she had abandoned on the table a little further away from her, before returning to her work, fingertips deftly dancing across the keyboard.
TAG PHILLIP SINCLAIRE UNFORTUNATELY FOR HIS POOR SOUL
Old 02-15-2016, 01:59 AM
Elite Fan

OOC, obviously - Is it too late for me to join? I have some ideas but if anyone needs anything in particular just let me know.

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 02-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Master Fan

OOC: I'm still interested in keeping the game going. Even if we just had a small core group of people involved we could probably keep it going, but we'd need some input from Libby and Dingo at the very least. I know Em's really busy at the moment and I think Leigha's done, but even if it were just a dedicated group of four people we could potentially keep it going. And of course I have no idea where Shiri stands at the moment because we haven't heard from her in a while.

And I have a storyline I've been wanting to do with Adrienne that you might even be able to help me with, with a new character.