Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Bringing Up Baby" Season 4x01 - Episode Discussion

Quote:
Jay's birthday is upon us again and, as before, he makes it well-known that he wishes to keep it as low key as possible, with no grand gestures or surprises. But leave it to the family to miss the mark yet again! Phil takes Jay on a very unconventional fishing trip with his buddies, and Gloria struggles with how to break the pregnancy news to him. Meanwhile, Dylan moves into the Dunphy household temporarily, and Mitch and Cam decide to look into adopting a cat as they continue to cope with their failed attempt to adopt another child.
The time has come yet again! Putting this up early, ready for tomorrow night for those who will watch.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess they wanted to mix things up! I'm up for it.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

So it is Jay's birthday.Im sure it was much earlier in season 1 and 2.

CANT BELIEVE ITS TOMMOROW
Old 09-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

It's tonight!! Def can't not wait to see it!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Aww I loved the way they started and ended the episode Shame bout Phil's beard only making an appearance for a short while lol
Old 09-27-2012, 02:50 AM
New Fan

Beautiful episode. It was pretty funny and interesting.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:55 AM
Moderator Manager

First of all, so happy MF is back!

Second, I love the episode because it's like we never left S3 and we just continued on and it's Jay's birthday! But then the ending is...PERFECT.

I love that they showed us Gloria telling Manny first and then Claire (two of the ones I'm most excited finding out about the pregnancy). And I cried when Jay found out. His reaction and just everything... But first the others...

Mitch/Cam/Lily

"Okay, I give up. I can't find a position that's not sexual." Lily was expecting a brother but now she wants a kitten. How hilarious was it that they need to fill out forms at a time that they just found out that they are still unsuccessful in adopting? That whole thing about going away, going to London? I loved that. They do need to take a break and start over. They're always supportive of each other no matter what and again I feel like we'll have a great SL for these two this season.

Jay/Phil/Miles/Shorty

I love that Jay's golf buddies are in this episode! And yet again I'm reminded why Ed needs that Emmy already. He fell on the water TWICE in this episode. And his reaction to the pregnancy news was the best of all. It was his greatest news and probably the best gift to Jay. Also, I love that Shorty wanted Phil to have a beard and he kept telling him to have one. In the end, we did see him grow it and I can't believe Claire let him actually. Shorty was also exceptionally funny in this episode, chatting away about beards and being 65 y.o. The Gloria/Jay scene where she almost got angry because of his reaction - I LOVE IT. Great acting by Sofia & Ed.

Claire/Haley/Dylan/Alex

LMAO on that "drink" Claire gave to Haley for her hangover. This is actually classic Claire stuff. And Dylan! I almost jumped when I saw him. How hilarious was he when he was guilt-tripping Claire into letting him stay at the Dunphys because he's homeless. And Alex's after prom was so geeky that it was hilarious! Not so much with the sisters for this episode but this is only the premiere and we'll get more from them soon.

Gloria/Claire and Luke/Manny

I love that instantly Claire thought Gloria will get fat when she found out she's pregnant. She was really happy for her genuinely. In fact she called Jay to warn him to be nice because Gloria's in a very vulnerable state. I think that was sweet of her. And the short Luke/Manny scene I also like: "Well the old Manny would've been worried if Jay loved the new kid more" "I think you're underestimating how adorable I am" "You're right, you're way cuter than the baby" - and again, Luke gets inside Manny's brain.

And my favourite scene from this entire episode is the end part...probably a month after? OMG, I cried. IT WAS PERFECT. PERFECT WAY TO START THIS SEASON FROM A PERFECT SHOW. Gloria's pregnant. Claire allowed Dylan to stay (but it looks like he's leaving now so I'm sad) and even allowed Phil to have a beard. And Mitch/Cam went to London (LOL on Cam doing the Brit accent). I'm off to re-watch this episode again. OH MODERN FAMILY, HOW I MISSED YOU AND I LOVE YOU.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Moderator Support Team

It was okay, but the highlight part would be Cam/Mitch w/ stuff animals because it was so hilarious, but so glad that they finally talked about it than act like nothing happened..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm no good at recapping episodes so let me just blurt out, I MISSED YOU MODERN FAMILY!

First of the guest stars, Shorty and the golf buddies made a welcome return! And Dylan! I so want him to stay I love Luke telling Manny how different it will be, maybe Manny hadn't thought about it like that, but we know Luke was just trying to have fun, plant a grenade as he said!

I love that we had Claire and Gloria moments! Claire was SO happy for her but her giggles at her being fat! Classic. I love Claire asking Jay to be supportive and then Mitch and Cam saying about wanting a kitty, great comedic timing!

The ending with the flashforward was done so BRILLIANTLY, so clever.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

I loved how that was done.How funny was it when Phil punched Jay and expected him to be knocked out and Jays face when he took the thing off after he was punched haha.
Loved that Claire was caring for Glorias feelings too.And Jays reaction to when Mitch and Cam walked in the door announcing they were getting a cat."Well isnt that wonderful" Haha the more I watch the episode the more I love it
Old 09-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Moderator Manager

So I re-watched it again and I just love how powerful and well-acted the Jay/Gloria scene was in the end. I think we'll see a lot of emotional Gloria this season as she is pregnant and Jay will of course be supportive but I also see him eventually caving in on stuff Gloria wants (mostly on food, haha). And Gloria's a sexy pregnant woman huh?

Old 09-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Jay's line when he goes ITS THE BEST NEWS I HAVE EVER HEARD. And Gloria is all shocked, but then shes all emotional!! Ooh i also loved Claire's phone message.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Moderator Manager

It was also the best news we've ever heard, Jay, you're not alone.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I loved his delivery the most. Like Gloria, I was worried that Jay would freak out but having the news on his birthday was pretty great because he felt like his life was ending.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

It sort of reminds me of when Mitch and Cam got Lily at first he wast all for it until he realized they already adopted then he complelty changed.I think thats wot Gloria was worried about because when they were talking about them not being able to adopt the boy and Jay makes the comment about them being too old for it thats wot probably put the doubt into Glorias head.I think Jay needed the boat trip otherwise he might have had a different opinion.