Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

4x15 - "Heart Broken" Episode Discussion

Couldn't find the promo

Quote:
HANGOVERS, ROLE PLAYING AND CHILD PROOF GATES ARE ALL PART OF A TYPICAL VALENTINE'S DAY, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Heart Broken" - A fun Valentine's Day romp between Phil and Claire's alter egos, Clive Bixby and Juliana, takes an unexpected turn that lands Claire in the hospital and with a diagnosis that she doesn't take lying down. Meanwhile, Gloria and Jay's attempts to be romantic keep getting interrupted by the kids, which drives Gloria crazy, and Cam and Mitch host a wild Valentine's Day Lonely Hearts Party that leaves them hung over the next morning, trying to piece together what happened and, more importantly, why Dylan is now living with them, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Reid Ewing as Dylan, Brad Morris as Harlan and Beverly Leech as Doctor Anne Coben.

"Heart Broken" was written by Danny Zuker and directed by Beth McCarthy Miller.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 02-13-2013, 11:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Phil's casual reference to Claire's "lesbian doctor."

The kids' reaction to Claire's heart episode.

"Haley, revive your sister."

Lily's handling of Dylan.

The "pink panther."

The child proof gate being Jay proof.

"Hell, I used to drive to the supermarket with Mitchell and Claire on the hood of the car. When did everybody get so overprotective?"

"Maybe when kids started flying off cars?"

Jay using Manny's long winded storytelling to get out of another round with Gloria.

All of them had me

And on a serious note, I loved the conversation when Phil told Claire that she needed to let herself be taken care of every once in a while as well as the little bits with Gloria checking on Manny and Jay checking on Claire. Also really liked the tag with Cam and Mitch doing their own versions of Phil and Claire's alter egos.

Overall, I really enjoyed this one.

Oh and a shallow note, Julie Bowen was absolutely getting it done this episode.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 02-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Moderator Manager

I enjoyed this episode too. I even liked how there are 3 separate stories on this one.

How sexy was Julie in this ep? That was a very dark Dunphy bedroom with P/C kissing. And yay that Clive Bixby is back. I wasn't able to catch Claire's sickness but those things aren't serious right? I absolutely love the part where Phil & Claire were talking and Phil telling Claire that it was time that they take care of her because she's always taking care of them.

I love Gloria for wanting to have sex with Jay so bad. And I love Manny for interrupting them all the time. And Gloria's reactions to Jay being sexy: smoking a cigar, eating, etc.

And yay that Dylan's back. I do hope we see more of him but it looks like he might be gone again. Haha, I would've loved to see what happened at the actual singles party because both Cam & Mitch looked wasted. Lily telling it to Dylan's face to leave their house ("This is not a hotel!") was hilarious. I wished we got a kiss for Mitch & Cam though. And the Clive Bixby version of Cam is named Nigel. I wonder what Mitch named himself?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

I really enjoy this episode so far..

Plus I love what Gloria said about Jay plus the way she talked about him like she's about want to jump on him for sure..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked this episode! I liked having three separate stories, however it ended rather suddenly, I was craving more!

Julie was absolutely smoking. My jaw dropped when she was wearing all those hot outfits.

I love the little stories, Alex fainting at the sight of blood, Phil and Claire reprising their roles. Mitch and Cam's crazy night and their interactions with Dylan were hilarious. I loved Lily's bluntness to Dylan!

Jay and Gloria were so cute! I loved Gloria describing how he looked sexy to her, that was really cute actually.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 02-17-2013, 03:13 AM
Moderator Manager

I need to re-watch because I completely missed Manny saying he had a good time at that party.

I think my favorite storylines for this ep were the ones of Phil/Claire and Mitch/Cam/Dylan/Lily. Jay/Gloria/Manny were just okay for me. Still enjoyable but I just enjoyed the others more.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At the end of the episode Manny comes into Jay and Gloria's to gush about the party.

I agree. Jay/Gloria was funny but not as standout for me as Mitch/Cam and Phil/Claire.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."