Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

4x13 - "Fulgencio" Episode Discussion

Quote:
WHEN GLORIA'S COLOMBIAN FAMILY COMES INTO TOWN, THINGS REALLY HEAT UP, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Fulgencio" - Gloria's mom, Pilar, and sister Sonia have made the voyage from Colombia, and they come bearing traditions, baby names and a whole lot of family baggage. Meanwhile, no one seems to have confidence that Phil will be able to help with the kids' problems, but there just might be a method to his madness. And Lily has picked up some bad habits, so Mitchell and Cameron try their hardest to mind their Ps and Qs to set a good example for her, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 23 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sofia Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Elizabeth Pena as Pilar, Stephanie Beatriz as Sonia, Reid Ewing as Dylan, John Kapelos as Stavros, Spenser McNeil as Reuben, Craig Zimmerman as Crispin, Noah Weisberg as Brett, Josh Clark as Father Krzyzieski, Gianna LePera as Karen Sullivan and Carole Ita White as Woman.

"Fulgencio" was written by Bill Wrubel and directed by Lev L. Spiro.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 01-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the episode thread.

What did everyone think of this episode? I was a bit half and half.

I loved seeing Gloria's family, her mom and Jay realising he was Phil, because gloria's mom didn't like him at all and learning about Gloria's sister. But some of it felt disjointed. Like there was a lot of stories going on.

I liked seeing Lily having a little attitude all because of Claire with her snarkiness and Phil trying to solve the kids' problems only for luke to "fix" it all.

It was a good episode but they stories all didn't blend it that well. Still I liked it.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually loved it.Prob one of my faves so far this season.Loved that Jay thought Gloria's mum liked him then told him to his face she didnt and how shocked he was to hear that.

How funny was Claire and her sidekick lol and Mitch and Cam thought it was their fault.

Thought it was funny with Phils reaction save when the boy fell from the ladder and yet he still get the balloons to come down,when he tries to take on Claire's role it just never seems to work out for him and then he ends up getting shouted at lol
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Some highlights:

Mitch and Clare's reactions to Jay's mentions of the baby's birth and meeting Gloria being the best days of his life.

The girls laughing at Mitch's underwear being stuck on his pants and in turn Clare and Lily making fun of their melodrama.

Jay's reaction to how he's exactly like Phil in his relationship with his mother in law.

Overall, I thought it was a good, not great episode.

But, the Godfather sequence at the end was hilariously brilliant.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 01-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like there is mixed reactions to it. I loved Jay realising OMG I'm Phil

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 02-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Moderator Manager

Not really one of my fave episodes though.

My favorite moments was the godfather sequence in the end (again, I can look past Luke holding that rifle). Quite surprised to see Dylan no matter how small his role was and actually not that important.

I love Gloria's mom, Pilar. And wow, I was thinking Sonia was going to be as voluptous as Gloria but she's the "opposite" sister. I love the fact that Jay felt like Phil with Pilar. Hilarious. And the hats! That's like a nod to my other fave show.

Mitch/Cam storyline was a little meh for me. Nice to see Crispin back though.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.