Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

4x12 - "Party Crasher" Episode Discussion

Quote:
A SURPRISE PARTY REALLY LIVES UP TO ITS NAME WHEN IT'S HELD IN THE PRITCHETT HOUSE, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Party Crasher" - With the baby coming soon, Jay and Gloria go to great lengths to throw Manny an extra special surprise party for his 14th birthday -- and there are plenty of surprises to go around! Meanwhile, Phil and Claire deal with a new much older guy that Haley has started hanging out with, and Cam becomes jealous of the special bond Lily seems to have with Mitch, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 16 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof’a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Jason Mantzoukas as Kenny, Krystal Gauvin as Jenny, Tim Banning as employee, Jamie Anderson as mom, Bill Coelius as attendant, Karen McClain as nurse, Laurel Coddington as student no. 1, Destinie Dominguez as student no. 2, Josiah Dominguez as student no. 3, Chloe Okura as student no. 4, Chris Shen as student no. 5 and Julian Xavier as student no. 6.

"Party Crasher" was written by Danny Zuker and Christopher Lloyd, and directed by Fred Savage.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Moderator Manager

Bravo, Modern Family. ALL THE AWARDS to this show. That was perfect.

I was an emotional wreck, I swear. And IT'S A BOY!!!!!

I do like that they didn't stretch out the story of Gloria being pregnant for too long and that we have a bunch of episodes to see this baby and enjoy him. I wonder what his name is?

Generally, this is a good episode. What I didn't like is only the part of Gloria driving again. I really don't understand how you can let a very pregnant woman behind the wheel and then let him drive like that just to get away from a parking ticket fiasco.

I like the Mitch & Cam storyline about Mitch thinking that Cam is not having a good day at work. Even more interesting is the connection that Lily asked Mitch to 'marry' her because Cam is finally getting a good day at work. Lily was very funny in this episode. Her physical comedy is outstanding.

I also love Phil in this episode especially the part where he changed his reaction upon seeing Haley and Kenny kiss. He went from laughing hysterically to having a stern face. PLEASE GIVE ANOTHER EMMY TO TY. This ep was perfect for him. Of course that Phil & Haley scene made me tear-up again. I like how Claire figured out that Haley was on to them (thanks Mitch) but Phil was having a hard time controlling it. It was hilarious watching him control his emotions. I can't believe he wanted to cut off Kenny's hair with that gardening shear.

Another perfect aspect of this episode was Jay & Gloria. I like that they surprised Manny for his birthday, only to have them see him kiss a girl (in-front of everyone, really embarrassing!). How funny was Gloria trying to push back the baby because she wants to focus on Manny's birthday? That scene of Jay & Gloria at the hospital was so sweet, it made me tear-up. Even more when we have that shot of Gloria carrying their son. It was BEAUTIFUL.

I have too many feels watching this episode that I will re-watch this again later. And wait, did I already say that this is my favorite episode?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 01-18-2013, 03:09 AM
New Fan

Haley and phil hug ... soo sweet ! Phil Dunphy Rocks !
Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode felt like the finale. Everything seemed to fit in nicely and they put so much great material into it.

I thought Gloria trying to hold the baby off to spare Manny's feelings was precious, and hilarious and Manny appreciating the fact was nice. He had his first kiss! shame it didnt end well.

I loved Kenny! and it was done really well, I legit got uncomfortable watching him and haley Phil being so anxious to being so worried and that emotional scene with haley was just perfectly done.

Poor Cam! I understand he has been going through so much and you could see it pained him when Lily was a bit hostile to him. Aubrey did great too! They gave her so much to work with.

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Same here, I felt like I was watching the finale. The end sequence was brilliantly done.

I also love how they were all figuring out their relationship to the baby.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I especially like Jay's voiceover, as he looked back on weddings, graduations, parties over the 3 seasons.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 PM
Moderator Manager

I really love that part. It made you so sentimental seeing all those important events the family has experienced.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah it feels like the series has been going on for a long time, considering all the big stories they have fit in.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm going to remember this episode for a long time, that's for sure. I'm so glad that it wasn't stretched out for long (Gloria's pregnancy) and now we'll actually see the family adjust to this new baby.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If they had stretched out Gloria's pregnancy it would have gone rather stale and it seemed like it had run its course, now I can't wait to see what it adds to the show.