Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Master Fan

4x10 - "Diamond In The Rough" Episode Discussion

I laughed so hard with the promo

Quote:
CLAIRE AND CAMERON CATCH RENOVATION FEVER AND FANCY THEMSELVES
REAL DO-IT-YOURSELFERS, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Diamond in the Rough" - Manny and Luke's little league team unexpectedly makes it into a playoff game, so Claire and Cameron scramble to find a location and decide to do a makeover on a rundown field. Inspired, Claire and Cam want to try their hand at flipping a house while they're at it, and Phil and Mitchell fight over who will be the bad guy to tell them no. Meanwhile, Gloria tries a bonding technique by using a microphone to sing to the baby in utero, which definitely incites a reaction from Jay, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 12 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof’a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Irene Roseen as Mrs. Brooks and Charles Carpenter as Umpire.

"Diamond in the Rough" was written by Dan O'Shannon & Becky Mann & Audra Sielaff, and directed by Gail Mancuso.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 12-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

I love everything in this episode and everyone def crack me up..

I love the part about group text since they should check it before they send text to each other..

Gloria/Jay.. And I love how Jay realized what he just did after she told him that she will write the lists, so she can yell at him once the baby born..

Jay is right that it was a bad idea about 4 of them willing to do that.. I wonder if we will see that...

My fav part that I love how Mitch being evil when he got a cat on him while he was stroke on his pet when he's talking to Phil.. And the way he told him to loose this number after he said to him then both of them respond each other's texts.. Def remind me and my brother did that when it comes to our other brothers..

It was nice to see Phil interact w/ Cam and Mitch more and Clarie interact w/ Cam more, so I want to see more of that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this one. I absolutely cracked up at Gloria singing, I am so thankful that they brought that back. I loved the interaction between Phil/Mitch/Cam/Claire it was so quick, the banter between them! And manny hitting the ball and running the wrong way!

"Growing old will suck, but as long as I have you, I will feel invincible."
Old 12-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Me too! I was hoping that they can mention about her singing... But love Phil/Clarie/Mitch/Cam's banters about the house and everything.. It was so priceless to see to that for sure.. I hope that we can see that more of them like that..

is that what you want?

Old 12-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I rewatched it again! I love the bit about the group chats so that Claire saw the whole conversation, how Phil and Mitch texted each other. Some of the quips were so great, Cam going "you're preaching to the choir, director, that's why I became a choir director!" and Claire opening up about applying for jobs

Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Moderator Manager

Did I say that last week's episode was my favorite? Scratch that, this one is my favorite. It reminded me of the S2 feels I have watching the eps back then.

It started out slow for me but eventually I found myself laughing. It's quite nice to see Manny & Luke in those baseball overalls. I've always wanted to see them play their sports.

Jay & Gloria - perfect. I had to wince whenever Gloria sings and Jay I think coped with it quite well. He was quick to point out that they shouldn't be fighting in-front of the baby to which Gloria replied "It's not fair! I'm always in-front of the baby!"

Claire-Cam-Mitch-Phil scenes were brilliant. I think Phil & Mitch were stronger in this episode than Claire & Cam. I know Eric & Julie have won plenty for their roles as Cam & Claire but Mitch & Phil stood out for me more with their whole scheming. Ty & Jesse are great together and now it's making me wish we had more scenes of them. Of course it's classic Phil not to disappoint Claire at first and if Mitch wasn't "threatened" by Phil with that blue sweater, I think he'll tell Cam about what Phil said to him. But then again, Mitch is quick and witty and that scene of him stroking the cat & telling Phil to lose the phone totally cracked me up. Also, that scene when Phil was in a hurry to get in the car with Claire and he opened the mp3 player? The music playing was the same song in S2 at Luke/Manny's dance where they were both wearing matching ties.

And yay to a Phil/Claire/Mitch/Cam sofa interview. HAHA, that was a first!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lindz

I agree about Phil and Mitch being stronger, they had a more challenging role to play because they were double scheming each other and I absolutely lost it when Mitchell was stroking the cat whilst talking to Phil, ending with "I suggest you lose this number." Brilliant.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 AM
Moderator Manager

That entire thing was brilliant. It was nice to see that Mitch actually has the upper hand in everything but he was quick to realize it. That group text thing was their downfall though.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think that Phil thought he had tricked everyone but Mitch knew exactly how to rival him.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Moderator Manager

You have to admire how Mitch's mind works sometimes. The good thing is Cam already knows how his mind works.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mitch is smart like that

Old 12-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
That entire thing was brilliant. It was nice to see that Mitch actually has the upper hand in everything but he was quick to realize it. That group text thing was their downfall though.
That was the first thing in my mind that I was hope that they didn't use it, but they forget about it.. Bec I know my family like that even I remember that one of my fam member text me when I shouldn't read it and I was like umm..

is that what you want?