Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

4x05 - "Open House of Horrors" Episode Discussion

Quote:
HOW CAN YOU TELL A HALLOWEEN AFICIONADO, LIKE CLAIRE, NOT TO BE SPOOKY?, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Open House of Horrors" - Claire has overdone it in Halloweens past and the neighbors definitely don't share her enthusiasm, so this year she's being forced to tone it down and keep it "kid-friendly," and Phil has an idea to hold an open house on Halloween night. Meanwhile, Mitch and Cam host a costume party while contending with Lily wondering who her real mom is, and Gloria's pregnancy hormones are on overdrive, making her even more hotheaded than usual, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof’a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Shirra Alcine as trick or treater no. 1, Lilia Buckingham as trick or treater no. 2, Katherine Disque as police officer, Billy Evans as teenager no. 1, Shak Ghacha as teenager no. 2, David Bloom as Einstein, Len Cordova as dad, Janie Haddad Tompkins as little girl's mom, Emmalee Abrams as little girl, Marieve Herington as young mom, Spenser McNeil as Reuben, Jackson Odell as Durkas, Rodrigo Rojas as Stefan, Colin Hanlon as Steven, Kevin Cahoon as John-John, Lucia Sullivan as wife, Joel Spence as husband, Rodney To as Sam, Trent Carlton as Einstein's friend no. 1, Riley Rydin as einstein's friend no. 2, Cole Sand as trick or treater no. 3 and David Desmond as young boy.

"Open House of Horrors" was written by Elaine Ko and directed by Jim Bagdonas.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Halloween it seems so soon!

Thanks for getting this up sis - its been a tough week so it totally slipped my mind.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Moderator Manager

Hmmm...that episode was just okay for me. Although I was seriously scared near the end because I know that Claire was still inside the house. God, I hate getting scared that's why I don't watch scary movies/TV shows.

I did like the storyline of Mitch/Cam. At one point they'd have to tell Lily about being adopted and about her biological parents. Aubrey was really funny in this episode - her delivery is very spot on.

I wasn't too keen on the Jay/Gloria and Phil/Claire storylines. And I already miss Haley-Alex fighting. Manny's Halloween costume was hilarious. And seriously, Claire? Last year's Halloween was SOOOOO good. I think I'd faint too if I was that neighbor.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

The way Clarie scared little kid w/ that creepy thing out of her stomach.. Poor that man since I prob do the same thing as him expect I prob throw up or crying..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree Lindz. It was only okay, some of it missed its mark.

I did like the mitch/cam/lily story. I was worried about how lily would take the fact that her mum was far away and she might never get to meet her.

I loved Claire trying to scare Phil. it was a well executed plan!!

Gloria's hormones making her tempermental, well we are used to seeing her like that so it wasn't such a surprise.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, we've already had tons of storylines about Gloria's moods and temperaments. Of course it'll be multiplied now that she's pregnant.

One good thing I did like about the Phil/Claire story was Claire's love for Halloween (as was Phil's) and how she was hell bent on scaring her husband. I love that Alex/Luke was in on it too.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think we also saw the extent of Claire's love for halloween. I loved seeing her trying to scare Phil and having fun with it.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Me too...

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 10-29-2012, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero