Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Moderator Manager

4x02 "Schooled" & 4x03 "Snip" Episode Discussion

Episode 4x02 "Schooled"

Claire and Phil embarass Haley when they drop her off at college; Manny makes Gloria and Jay take a class; Lily gets into a tussle on her first day of kindergarten.

Directed by: Jeff Melman
Written by: Steven Levitan & Dan O'Shannon

Episode 4x03 "Snip"

Phil gets a vasectomy; Gloria and Jay can't agree on whether or not they should find out the sex of the baby; Mitchell tries to steer Cameron toward getting a part-time job.

Directed by: Gail Mancuso
Written by: Danny Zuker

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for opening the thread Linds!!!

Just read that Julie, Nolan and Ryan Case will be live tweeting during the episodes!!!
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 10-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Loved both the episodes.I loved the scene where Gloria and Jay are in the baby classes and they have to swaddle the baby and Gloria finishes then lifts the baby up in the air then drops it And when Gloria says to Jay "Im sorry you had to find out like this" because the baby was the opposite colour of them both and Jays comment to the couple next to them about them getting the babies mixed up.
It sort of reminded me of what they would be like if they were in school Passing notes and Gloria slouching on the chair I thought it was really funy when Jay passed her the paper with something written on it and then she sniggers and as soon as the woman looks at her she coughs

Loved the scene with the Dunphys too.It was so sad when they were in the car and cryin because they left Hayley.Phils-osophy U only get one chance to make a first impression then he does the Julia Child impression,nice to see they brought that one back.Luke with the mask so no one could see him cry.

Mitch and Cam scenes lol the shirts scene and when Cam comes back out "You're going to pay for this....and this...and this" Cant believe Cam had Mitchs bags packed lol and the mermaid costume he made for the cat lol.

Loved the snip episode and was shocked to see Jay turn up at the door to take Phil.I felt bad for Claire when Luke asked her when she was goin to stop embarrasing him,but then when she goes into the Kitchen and Hayley and Alex are talking about her and saying nice things that they wouldnt say to her was lovely and how sweet was Luke when he came in with a rose and said nothing.Cant believe she took half of that girls hair off The Gloria and Manny scenes were nice too.I wonder if the scene where her clothes ripped happened before or after the emmys lol Thought it was funny when Manny was about to tell her her clothes were to small.I so wanted to hear if the baby was a boy or girl.

The mitch and Cam scene was funny with the lesbians especially Cam who was so defensive,what was with him picking up the child lol Mitch was tryin to be the peacemaker but Cam was having none of it.How annoyed he was when he talked about clowns and one of the lesbians said she didnt like him and Cam said probably because they wear make up

Really enjoyed both the episodes and I cant wait to see what they have in store for next week
Old 10-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What great episodes!

Schooled - was really good episode to see Haley off to college. They embarassed her at college even though it wasn't intentional, and it was nice to see Haley feeling a little "lost". Its her first time out in the world and for the first time she feels a little scared. I really felt for Phil and Claire when they said goodbye because it looked like it really hurt.

But I absolutely loved the ending and it made me cry, seeing Phil and Claire well up, Haley wearing the shirt and giggling at the book which is just amazing!

Loved Jay and Gloria during the class - some great banter between them. And what a lovely scene between Jay/Gloria/Manny, Jay saying he'd do anything for Manny.

Snip - this was a lovely episode too. I just love that Jay took Phil and they had that great heart to heart and Jay photographing "Not a real man"

I loved the addition of the lesbians that Mitch and Cam were fighting with, especially the venn diagrams bit, it killed me!

Interesting that Jay is scared of it being a girl. What better way to face your fear
Old 10-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Moderator Manager

I'll post a more proper recap tomorrow. I loved both episodes but 4x02 made me emotional so I loved that episode more.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Dedicated Fan

I never even noticed the "Not a real man"sign when Phil was sitting down.I wondered y they put the bench with Phil in and then when Phil asked will he get a copy and Jay had a smile and said there'll be lots of copies
Old 10-12-2012, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I noticed it as soon as he sat down and it was just perfect. I just knew Jay would do something about it.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

I had to be told before I even noticed it,I wondered why Jay said it was better if his arms were down
Old 10-13-2012, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just love jokes like that Just when Jay was being sweet to him.
Old 10-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

I know,trust Jay to want to take a picture of it
Did anyone else find it funny during the scene with Manny and Gloria when they were out getting something to eat then Gloria stands up and starts dancing
Old 10-13-2012, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah that was so funny!
Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Its definetly not the way we seen Gloria dance before I cant wait to see where they go from there in the next ep and thankfully we dont have to wait much longer
Old 10-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Moderator Manager

Ugh, I have't made a proper recap of both episodes yet. I'll hopefully get around to it soon. I need to re-watch both episodes too.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rewatching Snip now. I def watch Schooled a lot more but I love the Mitch and Cam story here. Mitch wanting Cam to get out in the world.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

I'd have to say I like "Schooled" a lot more too than "Snip" - just the overall feel and how the storylines are.