Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Master Fan

3x24 - "Baby on Board" Episode Discussion

Well... the day is here... the season 3 finale

Quote:
THERE IS NO SHORTAGE OF DRAMA AND THEATRICS, ON THE SEASON FINALE OF ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY

"Baby on Board" - It's been an up-and-down emotional roller coaster for Mitch and Cam in their quest to adopt another child. Their latest ride has them bringing Gloria in tow as a translator, leaving Jay and Manny to look after Lily, who has a big dance recital coming up. Meanwhile Claire and Phil have a proud parenting moment when they send Alex off to her first prom, but then that is quickly marred with Haley's shocking news of her future plans, on the Season Finale of "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, MAY 23 (9:00-9:32 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof’a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Reid Ewing as Dylan, Joe Metcalf as Michael, Linda Elena Tovar as Juanita, Christina Ochoa as Nurse, Edward Finlay as Padre, Samantha Ressler as Lucy, Terri Hoyos as Abuela and Albert Marrero, Jr. as Ranch Hand.

"Baby on Board" was written by Abraham Higginbotham and directed by Steven Levitan.
Eric Stonestreet - Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series Emmy 2010/2012
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't even read the synopsis, emotionally preparing myself!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I simply loved everything in this episode, it was so great. But the ending... Definitely didn't expect that!
Now I can't wait season 4!
Old 05-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

After looking back at the Jay/Manny plot (especially that little "too old for this moment") and the site of Gloria sick as a dog in the car, I almost feel like an idiot for not picking up on Gloria pregnant. But, I didn't and the reveal definitely floored me.

Maybe I was laughing too much from the brilliant Telenova parody. I need to re-watch this episode just to see that again.

And yeah, Mitchell and Cam's reaction to losing another baby, that was an emotional knockout. One I was not prepared for.

Speaking of Cam, him putting his pinkies down after Gloria told him to drive straight?

I was hoping they'd stick with Haley having the gap year (especially if she worked at the gap ) and going to community college. But, I understand why they didn't and it did give us some funny stuff with Luke ("Dylan, shut the door....the bedroom door.") and that little run back over the season through his kept mail was great.

Alex and her prom date was hilarious. "I'm his beard....pre beard....stubble."

Phil teaching her to dance in only the way he can?

And lastly, but not least, Jay dancing with Lily?

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ Yup, everything what you said, I agree w/ that.. Plus I totally love Gloria/Cam/Mitch since it totally remind me of my mother watch Telenova even it was hilarious to see that drama.. I love it! Whoever wrote this episode, it was brilliant!

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 05-25-2012, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

God I was really close to tears! The revealation of Gloria..I had no idea! I was absolutely in shock. The mitchell and cam scene killed me! I really feel for them but the whole telenovela scene was so perfect! I loved that. I love alex and her prom date, she looked fantastic. And haley and dylan. I was kinda on board her gap year but maybe they can still find a way to work it out. Lily was adorable too! <3 Ugh they always leave me wanting more!
Old 05-25-2012, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
I love alex and her prom date, she looked fantastic.
That reminds me. One thing I hope the show doesn't play up too much next season is the idea of her being this social leper that only a geek or future gay guy would be interested in. Trust me (as someone who one of those guys) cute, smart and funny will always get a lot of guys interested, even in high school.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
Old 05-26-2012, 05:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe2000 (View Post)
That reminds me. One thing I hope the show doesn't play up too much next season is the idea of her being this social leper that only a geek or future gay guy would be interested in. Trust me (as someone who one of those guys) cute, smart and funny will always get a lot of guys interested, even in high school.
I hope that too. I think for this prom I did assume a geek type date for her too. I think when she matures she will begin to feel comfortable in her skin and she might even crush on the popular guys.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Moderator Manager

This was a great s3 finale. I was laughing, I was crying - PERFECT. That's why I love this show: the continuity, storylines, great acting and unexpected moments that you'll always remember. What a way to end the season.

The Dunphys

I am #TeamDylan forever so I was happy to see him back plus having dinner with the Phil & Claire which we haven't seen before. I love Luke talking to Dylan about Haley and in the end he had a change of heart about them moving-in together and totally supported her going to college. And yay for Haley going to college! At the start of this season, I wasn't so sure she's going so I'm glad she is now. And Alex was so pretty in her prom dress! Her date was hilarious. I love Phil & Claire for getting so excited about Alex going and also Claire for lending her dress to Haley who looks stunning with Dylan. Again, the Dunphys did it again in this ep and it's a great storyline.

Mitch, Cam & Gloria

How excited were they when they got the call? I was too. I keep telling myself "maybe that's why the episode is titled Baby on Board". Turns out the
mother speaks Spanish so Gloria to the rescue. They actually had to miss Lily's dance recital for this. I was really getting excited. The whole Spanish telenovela parody was brilliant - I love it. And just as excited as they were, when they find out they weren't getting the baby after all, I was crushed. I lost it when Mitch broke down, telling Cam how frustrating it is that they're trying so hard but to no avail. I have to agree with Cam that they need a break from all this. I believe their time will come and I love this about the show: it's very realistic what these two are going through, it's never been easy. We haven't also seen Mitch break down like that so it was really so heart-breaking. As for Gloria, I didn't get her being sick in the car too so I was so surprised to find out she's pregnant (and thus the episode was actually on her behalf). This will be a great storyline in s4. I'm so glad I didn't read any spoilers because that was a good way of ending s3.

Jay, Manny & Lily

I think Jay wasn't really planning on taking care of Lily but was looking forward to building a toy plane with Manny. I love his talk with Lily in the dressing room, especially when he mentioned to her about Claire & Mitch (crying already). I was secretly hoping he'd dance with Lily so I was literally OMG when he was dancing with her on-stage. I cannot wait for Jay & Manny to find out Gloria's pregnant. OMG this storyline! I swear. I cant' even think straight just thinking about it.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:43 AM
New Fan

That season finale was BRILLIANT!!

I am so disappointed in myself, though. I could only watch the episode one day after it aired in the US, so I risked going to the internet and... Well, I pretty much spoiled the ending for myself XD Oh well. It didn't make the episode any less entertaining, that's for sure.

Anyway, SON OF JOR-EL, GLORIA'S PREGGO!! Holy wow, I really didn't see that coming. I have to admit, as excited as I am to see where this storyline leads (I'm convulsing just thinking about it), I'm a bit concerned as to whether or not Sofia is up to this kind plotline. Don't get me wrong, I love her, and I find her to be a tremendous comedian, but I'm not so sure she can pull off very dramatic scenes which I'm sure she will have in the future because, well, pregnancy isn't all candy and rainbows. I guess I'll just wait and see!

What else I loved about this episode:
Jay and Manny bonding
Jay and Lily conversation <3
Alex's FABULOUS prom date!
DYLAN.
Haley and Luke's hug :"> (I feel like a lot of people overlooked this moment, but, as short as it was, it's one of my favorite moments in MF)
Everything involving Cam and Mitchell
The soap opera... Especially the hot priest
Gloria's talk at the end, and of course, the huge bombshell
Luke and his letter LOL

... So basically, the entire episode was perfect.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so glad I didn't spoil myself I basically agree with your entire post, it was fantastic!! I also love the haley and luke hug
Old 05-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Moderator Manager

It's a very good way of capping off season 3. Like a gift, this episode was the bright red bow in the middle.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I read on tumblr that some people were disappointed in the fact that Gloria was preggers, but really it adds a whole new dimension to the show, seeing as it wasn't planned, and how the rest of the family will react.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:53 AM
New Fan

I can't believe that people don't like this aspect. I thought it was an awesome way to end the season and look forward to next season!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Why are people disappointed about this storyline? I think it's a very great way to end season 3 and start off good for s4. Overall it will still be hilarious thinking about all the preparations they will make for the baby. Not only hilarious but when the baby is born, I will be a wreck crying as well.