Moderator Manager

3x19 - "Election Day" Episode Discussion

Quote:
MODERN FAMILY
Air Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2012
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-9:30 PM EST on ABC
Episode Title: (#319) "Election Day"

THE RACE FOR TOWN COUNCILMAN COMES TO A HEAD, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

Bryan Cranston ("Breaking Bad") Directs and Philip Baker Hall ("Magnolia") Guest Stars

"Election Day" - The all important election day has arrived and the whole family rallies for some last minute campaigning - Mitch and Cam ride around in a �Vote for Claire' mobile, the Dunphy house is campaign central with everyone manning phones and soliciting votes, and Claire does some last minute interviews -- with a few technical difficulties -- on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

"Modern Family" stars Ed O'Neill as Jay, Julie Bowen as Claire, Ty Burrell as Phil, Sof�a Vergara as Gloria, Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Mitchell, Eric Stonestreet as Cameron, Sarah Hyland as Haley, Nolan Gould as Luke, Ariel Winter as Alex, Rico Rodriguez as Manny and Aubrey Anderson-Emmons as Lily.

Guest cast includes Philip Baker Hall as Walt, Stephanie Faracy as Dottie, John Vickery as Cecil Van Gundy, Melinda Page Hamilton as Sandy, Margaret Welsh as Laurie, Frank Wood as reporter, Dominic Ledesma as Chad, Alyssa Preston as receptionist, Asif Ali as technician and Micah Tayloe Owens as child.

"Election" was written by Ben Karlin and directed by Bryan Cranston.
Sneak peek here: Modern Family: 'Modern Family' Sneak Peek: Election Day - Bing Videos

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Last edited by carito; 04-10-2012 at 07:08 PM
Old 04-11-2012, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting Lindsay! Bryan Cranston is directing and starring! And Walt is back
Old 04-12-2012, 07:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

I love how nobody didn't help Clarie to win this..

And it was funny that she wore the fake tooth, but she need to get it fix, but to make sure that nobody didn't see it expect the guy who took the pic of her when she was smiling or something like that..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 04-13-2012, 04:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode!! It was such a nice way to round up the campaign.

- I loved Mitchell and Cam having a bit of fun with their campaign car and ordering people around! And gossiping

- Jay and Dotty, it was nice to see someone from his past. She was so bitter about what he did she wouldn't let him vote

- Great to see Walt back with Phil, and he didn't manage to get anyone but walt to vote.

- My favourite of the storylines: Haley. I feel for her. I know how stressful it is to wait from universities and colleges! When she broke down crying, I burst into tears as well. Sarah was heartbreaking in her delivery.

- Special moment: I love when Claire delivered the news to the family, she said bad news and everyone thought she was faking it
Old 04-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Walt/Phil was such a freaking win. I could watch their scenes all day

Haley got wait-listed!

Love that Claire didn't win but still got that stop sign

Overall, such a great episode
Old 04-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tammi so nice to hear from you I agree with everything you say. I love Walt. I know a spoiler though
Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Moderator Manager

This is probably my least favourite episode from s3. I didn't have that feeling I have after watching an MF ep. And I didn't enjoy most of the storylines. I don't like it when I know what'll happen (I was sure Claire wasn't going to win). I prefer it when an ep surprises me with a funny & endearing end and a brilliant life lesson in the end.

I didn't like the whole Jay-Dotty storyline so much. Other than the fact that Ed's a brillant actor and he was hilarious, the whole storyline didn't cut it for me. Same thing with Phil & Mr. Kleezak. Of course he was going to complain and be hard on him because that's what he is. I felt like there was very little Phil in this ep because of this storyline.

My only favourite moments were the Cam/Mitch scenes in the car parading around town and talking to everyone over the megaphone. It's classic Mitch/Cam to forget to turn off their megaphone and constantly talked about a common friend. That was the most embarrassing thing ever.

My other favourite scene is the Haley & Claire scene in the end. We know that Alex have been supporting her and rallying her on since the beginning when Claire decided to run for town council. But usually with Haley & Claire it's always about her and college. Claire of course wants her to go. In a way, with Claire not winning and Haley getting wait-listed, it wasn't such a bad day for everyone in the family.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That surprises me Lindz. I think there were other episodes in S3 that were weaker. I liked that this episode was a very dunphy/family centric episode. Still I agree with the points you brought up and they saved a very endearing moment for the end
Old 04-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Moderator Manager

I still found the episode funny but it wasn't that hilarious for me. The only part where I found myself laughing was the Mitch/Cam scenes. I do love that the family was there for Claire (but of course they always are). Claire with that broken tooth was hilarious. Too bad there wasn't any glimpse of Duane Bailey though.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I hadn't thought about it, but I know when watching it with my family we were laughing a lot. I guess it depends what hits your funny bone. I loved Gloria's little quirks during the episode, and the miscommunication with Jay. I loved Haley's story because I could definitely relate, and I love how Claire handled the news.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Moderator Manager

The whole Jay-Gloria miscommunication has been an issue on most episodes already and by this time, I don't want another one of those. But even if I didn't enjoy the episode that much, there will always be that one moment that I love which is constant in every MF ep.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know what you mean now. I disliked this week's episode so I try to appreciate the little moments I did enjoy
Old 04-22-2012, 02:04 PM
Moderator Manager

And we're also nearing the end of the season and then summer hiatus which I'm half dreading.

Old 04-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true, but am looking forward to the summer so I hope it ends strongly.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm only looking forward to the summer because I can catch-up on some shows I've been putting off seeing. I'll miss watching new eps of MF but at least there's the anticipation of s4 which is always exciting.