Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3x18 "Send out the clowns" episode discussion

On tonight's episode of ABC's hit comedy series MODERN FAMILY entitled Send Out the Clowns, Tony Award-Winner Ellen Barkin ("The Big Easy," "Ocean's Thirteen") and Bobby Cannavale ("Will & Grace," "Third Watch")make guest star appearances. The episode takes place at the funeral service for a beloved clown mentor which reunites Cameron with his estranged ex-clown partner, Lewis (Bobby Cannavale). Also in the episode, Phil is serious about landing a very important listing, only to get trumped by a notorious bulldozer of an agent, Verna Roth (Ellen Barkin); and Manny has a cool new friend, which makes both Jay and Gloria suspicious.

Guest cast includes Ellen Barkin as Verna, Bobby Cannavale as Lewis, Dash Dobrofsky as Griffin, Jonathan Emerson as Stan Larkin, Nancy Linari as Patti Larkin, Guilford Adams as Chuckleberry, Chris Dollard as Bubbles, Gary Morgan as pallbearer no. 1 and Michael Heatherton as pallbearer no. 2.

"Send Out the Clowns" was written by Steven Levitan & Jeffrey Richman & Bill Wrubel, and directed by Steven Levitan.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Moderator Manager

This episodie is hilarious, I found myself LOL-ing most of the time and I love that the stories are well thought of. Overall I really enjoyed this episode, all the cast were hilarious and they were given very good storylines that are realistic and relatable.

Mitch & Cam

I was laughing at that clown funeral. I know I shouldn't be but I haven't seen a wake that hilarious. And Cam was hilarious with Lewis when they were cracking Lily up. Of course we see how Mitch is very supportive of Cam and how much he loves dressing up as a clown. It's definitely a part of Cam that he enjoys and Mitch accepts that. Of course I love the end part where Cam chose family over being a clown again even if he loves doing it very much. It was funny in the end where he was fighting with Lewis and it wasn't pretend anymore.

Jay, Gloria & Manny

I'm so glad Stella's back. He's such a part of this family already I always look for her now. Manny was hilarious in this ep. All those times he answers the door! And Griffin coming over actually made Jay excited and thought he was friends with Manny because he's cool. Later on we see that Griffin has a crush on Gloria which Manny didn't find odd because he's also using Griffin because he likes his sister. So in the end, they were all to go at Griffin's pool party which will benefit both Manny & Griffin. Jay was his usual upfront self in this ep, telling Manny about Griffin and even saying to Gloria that Manny isn't cool because of the way he answers the door. And that shot of Manny dancing in school was priceless!

The Dunphys

Overall a very good episode for them. I love that Claire was on her laptop almost the whole time, asking her girls to confirm her friend request but of course the girls won't like that because they'll see some private stuff about them they wouldn't want their mom to see. At the same time, Phil was trying to land a listing so he was very focused until he finds out Mitzi, a very notorious & bitchy real estate agent, was also trying to land the same listing. Mitzi is BRILLIANTLY played by the wonderful Ellen Barkin and I totally loved it when he faked falling off the bushes and outplaying Phil with the recorder in her office. Luke was adorable in this ep especially in the grocery with Mitzi where he faked crying because he's been crying before he can walk. Cracked up when he was telling Mitzi about his dad being nervous about a party because he was talking about a balloon payment.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

I was laughing when it comes to clown funeral even I know that wasn't suppose to be funny, but I can't help myself.. But everything w/ Cam and Mitch was cracking me up and I love how Mitch being so support of him and stuff like that.. So sweet to see that of them..

Jay, Gloria and Manny was funny part.. I knew that his friend is using him.. Not surprising about it.. And it was nice to see Stella back..

I love the end when Claire told them to do something about tagging..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 03-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

A solid episode, not my favourite but a lot of good moments.

I always love a good story surrounding Phil's work. Mitzy was so dirty, so I like that Luke suggested how to pay her back. She is so mean!

Claire learning about facebook was hiliarious and familiar in my household. I love her shouting about being tagged in photos

I like Griffin Jay was dressing like Fonz trying to impress him but at least Manny wasn't upset about Griffin not liking him.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlyshorty85 (View Post)
I was laughing when it comes to clown funeral even I know that wasn't suppose to be funny, but I can't help myself.. But everything w/ Cam and Mitch was cracking me up and I love how Mitch being so support of him and stuff like that.. So sweet to see that of them..
It was hilarious! I know it's a funeral but I find it amusing seeing sad clowns gathered together and still make a funeral look funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misst89 (View Post)
Claire learning about facebook was hiliarious and familiar in my household. I love her shouting about being tagged in photos
Familiar in my family as well. I remember when my aunt got in FB, all she ever did was comment on ALL my status.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the clowns, putting the big clowns and dumping the pies. So that's what a clown's funeral is like

Lindz: Oh they just don't understand.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Moderator Manager

I know. It's the first time I've seen a clown funeral and now I have an idea what it's like MF-style.