Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2018, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, May! Hi, Nina!

Well, the thunderstorm wasn't nearly as bad as advertised, but I guess the weather service thinks better to be safe than sorry.

Well, it's been a bloodbath on network TV with so many shows getting cancelled. At least I'll have The Gifted and Gotham next season, along with This Is Us.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-16-2018 at 04:03 PM
Old 05-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Elementary, Riverdale and The Magicians got renewed so that's really nice.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-16-2018, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, I knew that Riverdale would get renewed, Nina. I stopped watching Elementary a while ago and I'm surprised they got renewed. I'm sad that Scorpion got cancelled, though. We did a lot of Scorpion watches on the board. I'm glad Gotham got renewed. Still no word on Timeless.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:11 AM
Elite Fan

It seems like they say that every year about Elementary. I'm just happy. I love that show. Especially Lucy Liu!

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 05-17-2018, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I hope Lucifer will be brought back.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

I know that they picked up Brooklyn 99... so nothing's impossible?

Old 05-17-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like Lucy Liu as well, Nina. But I watched Elementary with Arinna and she got tired of it so we stopped watching. I tried watching on my own, but I didn't have time with all the other stuff I was watching.

The CW also passed on picking up Lucifer since it's a WB property. If the show gets saved that's okay, but it doesn't seem likely. I was losing interest in it already. I hope next season of Lethal Weapon is the last one because I'm not gonna watch that show anymore. Thank goodness I have The Gifted, Riverdale, and This Is Us to watch next season. And that Westworld got renewed for a 3rd season.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

We have talk about the Riverdale finale though!!!

Old 05-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I actually hope that they still gonna pick Lucifer.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not holding out much hope for Lucifer, Arinna.

OMG, what did you think of the Riverdale finale, Nina? Archie got arrested for the guy Andre murdered! Hiram set him up! Hermione won the Mayoral election! Jughead recovered from his beating and he's taking over the Serpents! FP retired! Hal got all Hannibal Lecter with Betty! Okay, this is gonna be a long summer.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hermione won the Mayoral election! Jughead recovered from his beating and he's taking over the Serpents! FP retired! Hal got all Hannibal Lecter with Betty!
Only the first thing was believable. That cell Hal was in was unreal. Jughead's recovery from being beaten within an inch of his life too quickly. And I'm just meh that the teenagers take over adult activities like that... I mean apart from FP retiring and Jughead being Serpent King (FP and Alice should be Serpent King and Queen!!!), Veronice bought a the Wyrm and traded it for Pop's?

Need more sleep.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Only the first thing was believable. That cell Hal was in was unreal. Jughead's recovery from being beaten within an inch of his life too quickly. And I'm just meh that the teenagers take over adult activities like that... I mean apart from FP retiring and Jughead being Serpent King (FP and Alice should be Serpent King and Queen!!!), Veronice bought a the Wyrm and traded it for Pop's?

Need more sleep.
Yeah, I kind of agree there. Jughead is a bit young to be taking over the Serpents. Isn't he still in high school? And yeah, he recovered really quickly. And Veronica is already running a night club business under Pop's Diner? Wow.

You should sleep, Nina. I have to go to bed soon anyway. I'll see you tomorrow! Goodnight!
Old 05-18-2018, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

It's totally cray cray and I'm not sure who much longer I can suspend my disbelief.

I'm also a bit like... so Penelope wants to open a brothel? Receiving gentleman callers in your home discreetly is one thing (I even kind of understood her motivation) but a freaking brothel? I mean I get the One Eyed Jacks reference in there somewhere but you know that prostitution is still illegal in New York State, right?!!

Old 05-19-2018, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

You never know, Alex...
Old 05-19-2018, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You never know what, Arinna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
It's totally cray cray and I'm not sure who much longer I can suspend my disbelief.

I'm also a bit like... so Penelope wants to open a brothel? Receiving gentleman callers in your home discreetly is one thing (I even kind of understood her motivation) but a freaking brothel? I mean I get the One Eyed Jacks reference in there somewhere but you know that prostitution is still illegal in New York State, right?!!
I know, Nina. Veronica is opening a night club and Penelope opening a brothel? It's like Veronica told Hermione - what is this, Gotham City?

Well, I think Riverdale is in Maine, not New York State. That's why the maple syrup industry is so big there. People in Maine make their living either by the ocean or the forest. Fishing, shipping, lumber, maple, etc. And of course Riverdale is going to milk the Twin Peaks comparisons as much as they can.