003. cheekymonkey503
004. sourburst
005. DGSAFDMD
006. BL.Arinna_1982
007. Nikki K
008. Katja82
009. Cadenf
offtopicdiscussion

Previously on the OT Thread: Alex and Arinna hurt their legs, secretly taking Scottish dance lessons to impress us all on their upcoming "Outlandish" birthday celebrations. Meanwhile Cathy's new title inspires us all to hum Dixie, whereas Barbara ponders Zola, philosophy and cancelled BBC period drama. Elsewhere Nina is still upset that Feige/Whedon shafted Betty Ross from "The Avengers 2". And May is still missing and missed. So that's what you missed on the OT Thread.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Thanks for the new one Nina.

You should watch HoD with Arinna and I soon!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-05-2015, 10:58 AM
Elite Fan

I stopped by your board, Cathy. I might look into acquiring the episodes. I think my sister might have the DVDs...

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 06-05-2015, 10:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

That would be awesome!

Arinna has never seen the show, so it will be fun to watch with a newbie! Maybe Alex and others want to try too!

Thanks for stopping by.

How are you today?

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-05-2015, 11:11 AM
Elite Fan

Unfortunately I can't do a live watch due to my poor internet connection but I'll see that I drop by with a comment or two. And yes, that's great, I'm sure Arinna will enjoy it. I thought it was a quaint little show. I just really wasn't happy with all the romantic shenanigans in the last season (Zade excluded of course). And you should definitely rope Alex into this!

I'm... you know... same old, same old. Hope you're well though!

Old 06-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cathy your icon is gorgeous
Old 06-05-2015, 12:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

No worries Nina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Cathy your icon is gorgeous
Thanks Jade, I kindof love it!

Old 06-05-2015, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the new thread, Nina! And no, I am not taking Scottish dancing lessons with Arinna. I'm working my butt off at my overnight job here in Philly, while Arinna is over in Bulgaria taking traditional Bulgarian dance lessons.

Hi, Cathy! Hi, Jade!

I'm not that interested in shows like Hart of Dixie, to be honest. I went through my romantic drama phase in the 1990's, and I kind of gave up on them. Besides, the show got cancelled, so I don't wanna get invested in a story that's not going to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Well, that's good to hear that there'll be more and a different Frank in season 2. After all I was shipping Frank/Claire. But I can't get myself to watch the show again not after the whole Jaime beating Claire incident. Sorry. I'm done with it.

I think the problem is that they never answer terribly important questions. The only times they did it was when the revealed Mona to be 'A' and when they had Melissa tell Spencer what she did with the girl in the grave. Melissa and Mona are my favourite characters on the show. I also like Emily. And yes, I remember that from the books and I thought the show hinted at it several times - like there was a picture with Jason and two girls who looked like Ali. So I'm not 100% convinced that really will come to nothing. They can't possibly spend the next two seasons looking for Andrew/Charles. Truthfully, I liked that other show better... "The Lying Game" it was called. Based on novels by the same author, I think. But they departed very early from the novels as far as I can remember. But Allie Gonino was in it and she totally fascinated me, she's like a mini-Veronica Lake.

Oh really? When's your birthday(s)? I haven't done anything for mine for years. I rather forget about it.
Yeah, I'm a little shocked that none of the Outlander fans hold Jamie accountable for the beating scene, but many hate on Frank, who never laid a hand on her. And Frank in season 2 will be very different from book Frank, as this one knows about the stones at Craig na Dun, and will be more open to believing Claire's story.

PLL is maddening with those unanswered questions, like what the hell happened with Cece? Wasn't she Red Coat? And Spencer used to be my favorite character until they had her start going crazy. I didn't like how manipulative Melissa was, though.

Arinna's birthday and mine are both on June 17th. I don't plan on doing much on mine either.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Alex, it actually had a really good ending, and other then people just wanting more...

They tied off all the storylines, etc...so that can't be your excuse!

for more June babies!

Old 06-05-2015, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

They did? Well, that's good. Well, again, it's not really my kind of show. The only CW shows I've ever watched are Nikita, Arrow, and The Flash. Let's see if Arinna wants to watch it.

Oh, and did you see that we posted to you on the birthday thread, Cathy?
Old 06-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

She plans to watch with me which is why I thought I would ask you.

No, on the mod board or on the HoD board? I will go look.

Old 06-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

No, on THIS board, Cathy! We have a birthday thread. I also PM'd you.

Oh, I didn't know Arinna was already going to watch that. She's a big fan of Rachel Bilson.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I saw. Silly me!

Thank you, you are so sweet!

Old 06-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Cathy! We have a lot of June birthdays it seems.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Alex - (a) I knew that but come on, it's the "previouslies on 'Glee'" section, what do you expect. (b) What I found most despicable in the book about the beating scene was that he got aroused by it (I don't know if they did that on the show because I quit before that happened by my friend Cheryl told me they kind of played the whole thing for laughs on the show which is also not at all okay). I could shown some understanding if that had been just this deeply ingrained belief system, difference in era and culture which made him do it – but then the author made him get aroused and enjoy Claire fighting his abuse. That just – it was over for me then. I didn't ship them before but I could see why it would be appealing to some people but after that? I have no understanding for it whatsoever. I bet that will be different – I think one thing I read on wiki was that Frank didn't believe her in the second book and then they didn't talk about it anymore and eventually he died. Which is pretty rubbish. I hope the show will do it better even though I won't be watching. (c) About PLL – yeah CeCe was a red coat and Ali bought her plane ticket to Europe I think and she was never seen or heard from again. Well, I think everything Melissa does is actually all about watching out for Spencer. I can see that it might come across as manipulative because she still perceives her as the little sister she has to protect but won't confide in what she's protecting her from. And yeah, the Spencer going crazy storyline wasn't my favourite either.

(d) I agree with Cathy, by the way, everything got resolved in the end – so the show ended rather than got cancelled. Also I wouldn't say it's solely a romantic thing, it's more about humour in small town quirks. You should give it a chance!

Closed Thread   Post New Thread