Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

We can do that.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

Source: http://thecrimefamily.tumblr.com/

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still like Jeremy Irons better.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 AM
Elite Fan

I think at least in the beginning The Borgias' Rodrigo was better written - and we can still see glimpses of that in season 2. Mainly because they let him have some sort of humour, he was that sly old dog who often had a field day outfoxing others. Sadly in season 2 that took a backseat to him being angry and yelling all the time, mostly I was expecting foam coming out of his mouth. All in all, at least we see him loving his family. You do get the impression that him being pushy and forcing his ideas on his children is not self-serving for the most part - it is out of a true belief that this is going to be for their best. I never get this feeling on Borgia - Fontana's Rodrigo is doing the same thing but I never truly feel that he loves any of his children really. Lucrezia perhaps to a degree, albeit you were never sure... of course he held her hand in church perhaps he was proud she was looking up to him but then soon it was all about who can we sell her to and make the most profit and then Laura when he's looking at her lying in the crypt. I think he did love Pedro Luis as he seemed distraught about his death. By the same token, I never got the feeling (even though he forgave Juan a lot of BS but then the same is true for Cesare even though Cesare was blind to that) that he loved his sons very much. I wonder if we get to see something more to his relationship to his children in sesaon 2 when we get to know Isabella. In reality he gave Lucrezia's older half-sister a house close to his own palace as a wedding gift. Of course back when she got married Rodrigo was merely a Cardinal so he couldn't marry her to anyone as high up as he did with Lucrezia but to a degree (which I also read in Mallet's book on the Borgias) he still might have found a better match, yet it was important to him to keep his two oldest daughters close by (Girolama died early on in her marriage, either in childbirth or by poison). In the first season Vanozza mentions that to Rodrigo that she had loved his three oldest children as if they were her own. (Which I found curious because I'm not sure how much contact they had... on the other hand Isabella wrote to Lucrezia when the latter lived in Ferrara, so it's not like there was no contact at all.)

Source: http://****yeahborgia.tumblr.com/

Very funny:

Source: http://hahfantastic.tumblr.com/

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").

Last edited by Nikki K; 12-13-2012 at 07:30 AM
Old 12-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved the way Jeremy portrayed Rodrigo the first season. If I have to be honest, I liked his Rodrigo the second one as well. Sure, he had few weak moments here there, but Jeremy is kind of my Rodrigo.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

He was still good. I can only blame the parts where he wasn't on the weak script they forced on him but he did his best no doubt to not let that show.

With Zoe Saldana, 09/04/2012 at the after party for the premiere of CBS Films' "The Words" at the Lexington Social House on September 4, 2012 in Los Angeles, California.

Source: zimbio.com

Old 12-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Source: The Best Things Happen When You Least Expect Them
Old 12-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Sweet. Are those new-ish?

Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I haven't seen them before. So, I'm guessing they are new, yep.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:56 PM
Elite Fan

He looks younger though.

Source: winter is coming..

Old 12-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know. There wasn't any date showed up.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

Source: by whom? This headless ****?

Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Anyone ever see Jeremy in Dead Ringers or Die Hard With A Vengeance?
Old 12-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Elite Fan

No, I can't say I have. I saw him on Law & Order though. Not that this is a good reference. As far as I recall John Doman was on Law & Order too at some point.

Source: zimbio.com

Source: exposay.com

Old 12-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

He was in Law & Order? Do you know in what episode?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread