Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys,
I know I'm not posting as much but I don't mind moderating at all. Plus the new season is upon us and the board will get busier then too.
xinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

I think you will need to submit an application. There's a thread somewhere topped. It'd be so brilliant if that worked out. As you said - the new season is upon us and it'd be terrific if the board was still there! Good luck!!!

http://www.fanforum.com/f20/moderato.../#post58177543

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I don't currently have time to post over here with everything going on in my life (which is why I stepped down however many months ago) but I still don't want to see this board go. I feel like once the new season airs there shouldn't be any trouble with having interest for people posting here and therefore being able to get a new mod for the board, it's just a matter of time timing of it all.

Chrissy |
red velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

That's what I think and we are still doing well with the post counts despite the long hiatus. I definitely miss you here Chrissy, it was always good talking to you. I hope your real life brings you a lot of joy next to the stress.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 01-31-2012, 08:05 PM
Administrator

We're not going to close this board down if no one applies by the deadline, but I hope that someone does. I also talked to s e r e n i t y (Sheida) and she's volunteered to moderate this board after the deadline if no one applies. If people love this board though, you should think about moderating it, because moderating here can be a fun and rewarding experience.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Elite Fan

Jerry - yes, I talked to Sheida about it since she used to post here when the show was on and I was really happy she agreed. I do honestly think you'll find someone soon - especially if there is more of a hype with the new season. Thank you so much for giving us the chance. I mean we made it through an awfully long hiatus without too much trouble. I agree about what you said regarding moderating - as least as far as the Judging Amy board went back in the day it was a really fun thing to do. (I might have thought about it (if you had let me back in) but as I told you via PM there isn't much use to it with this really high uncertainty factor in real life.)

Old 02-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Another suggestion: delete locked "game threads"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
moderating here can be a fun and rewarding experience.
More fun on boards that don't have problems meeting posting quotas. On boards that do, signing up to mod seems tantamount to promising to generate enough "game thread" posts to keep a board from being closed.

Here's another suggestion, Jerry:

If FanForum is short of memory space, FF might encourage mods to go through the back pages of their boards and delete old, locked "game threads" of a non-substantive nature. They were only there to keep boards alive in the first place. Not to mention the dead "game threads" of closed boards ...
Old 02-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Elite Fan

We do not have a problem meeting posting quota. In fact, I think we are already over 100 this week, I think and it's merely Wednesday. And again, the new season is right ahead of us - so ...

Old 02-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

This board has been meeting the posting minimum, so closing the board wasn't because of that. However when we can't find mods for a board, the end result is the same and sadly we have to close the board regardless.

And while there is a minimum post count to meet it is honestly very reasonable. Fan Forum isn't asking for an extreme amount of posts.

Quote:
If FanForum is short of memory space, FF might encourage mods to go through the back pages of their boards and delete old, locked "game threads" of a non-substantive nature. They were only there to keep boards alive in the first place. Not to mention the dead "game threads" of closed boards ...
That is't an issue.

Posted this on the mod opening thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
This thread should answer some of your questions about modding. If you have more questions feel free to pm me or any of the other mod managers. That goes for anyone who is interested and thinking about applying.

I definitely encourage any of the regular posters here to apply. The board was given a bit more time and not closed yet for this very reason, so if people want the board to remain open we need moderators for it.

And if you're new to the fandom or board but have interest in modding it, please start posting and get active here and let us know.
Thankfully Sheida has volunteered to mod here if we don't find anyone right now and have to close the opening for now, but like Jerry said, if you're a fan of the show and post here, please consider applying.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma (View Post)
This board has been meeting the posting minimum, so closing the board wasn't because of that.
Well, but this wasn't what was written in the closing notice. It was said that we were being closed because of low traffic. That was incorrect. I would never have written to Jerry, had the actual reason - meaning the mod situation - been given in the closing notice.

Quote:
However when we can't find mods for a board, the end result is the same and sadly we have to close the board regardless.
That is understandable but when you close the board, then please be so fair to the posters to give them the real reason.

Quote:
Thankfully Sheida has volunteered to mod here
We are indepted to Sheida for this and are truly grateful. The same goes for April who is currently watching over us. Hopefully the new season which is starting in a few weeks will get people excited to become more involved.

Last edited by Nikki K; 02-12-2012 at 10:45 AM
Old 02-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

Nikki - Yes, I know and we all agreed with you. The standard closure form message was used which was a mistake on our part. This isn't a situation we normally have. It's great you contacted us and that the board has a chance to stay open.

I definitely hope the new season brings those results too!

I'm excited for the new season.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Enigma - thank you and no worries, these things happen. I just wanted to clarify I see the dilemma and I am not angrily opposed to the board being closed if the situation continues once the new season has aired. For the moment I am just glad because thanks to Chrissy and Nonie and all the great posters on the board we survived an incredibly long hiatus which will end soon and it would be a shame if we didn't at least try and see what the new season brings - in terms of discussion, old and new people visiting the board, hopefully an engaged poster stepping up to be mod. That being said, I'm quite excited too.

Old 02-15-2012, 03:21 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the info. Glad to see this board is still open and going.

Nothing Else Matters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Fingers crossed it stays so and someone will have mercy upon us.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki K (View Post)
Fingers crossed it stays so and someone will have mercy upon us.

I am still interested in applying but haven't gotten around to it. That is this weekend's list for me to do!

Nouriel Roubini is my hero, enough said!
BELLA012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread